PDA

View Full Version : To The Bellville Brahmas:

Bellville22
12-07-2003, 12:48 AM
As I stated last year, the playoffs are cruel. 64 teams start in D II, only 1 wins its last game. 63 shed tears of sadness, 1 sheds tears of joy. You, unfortunately, fall in the majority.

I'm sure you're sick and tired of hearing the old cliche`s. "You've got nothing to be ashamed of." "It just wasn't in the cards." "You guys had a hell of a year." "We're proud of you." And while you can't stand it when you hear them, it's the only things we fans can say to break the silence, we feel your pain, and we feel for you. More importantly, as corny as they are, they're all true.

It's hard to have something so precious taken away from you. You've put your heart and soul into it, it's going to hurt for a while. As years pass, you'll miss it, believe me. But you'll also remember it. You'll remember that in 2003 you had one of the finest 3A football teams in the state of Texas, and arguably the best team in the history of Bellville football. You'll remember the dozens of brothers you know have from going to war with them once a week, and you'll smile, because in the end, you love football, and you did indeed have one hell of a year.

To the Seniors: Y'all are a special group. We knew you would be from the 7th grade. I can only imagine what a joy it must have been to coach you guys, and what a pleasure it was for the underclassmen to learn from you, follow you, and go to battle with you. You posses intangibles like I've never seen. As 73 and I were talking the other night, he pointed out what an adaptive group you were. You let nothing rattle you, you were calm and collected, and worked as a team to overcome difficulties. This will pay off immensely for you in the future. You set your goal at the beginning of the year to lead this team to a State Championship, a very realistic goal. And while you came up a bit short, you certainly left your mark on Bellville Football. You guys are gonna make some kind of leaders in the future, and many of your qualities will stem from your time together on the football field.

To the underclassmen: You had wonderful role models this past year to look up to. Follow in their footsteps, work together as they worked together, and anything is possible. Remember the tears you shed Friday night, and remember the joys of this season. Begin working right now to avoid those tears, and create those joys next year. You'll have playmakers, and you'll have leaders, set your sights right now.

And finally, to you, Jess: You took over the QB position last year as a not very tall, smart kid, with average athletic ability and a good arm. You finished your career as the most prolific passer in Bellville history, and in my opinion and many others, the finest quarterback Bellville has ever seen. As I shed tears along side you the other night on Kyle Field, I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride. I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of you. You were a leader in every sense of the word. Your poise and confidence under pressure cannot be matched. You rallied your troops and took them to places they never knew they could go. I'm proud to call you my kin. Much love, I know you'll do great things on the baseball field this year, and on Olsen Field at A&M in the future.

And little bro, Justin, you get two more years of this, make every minute count wink .

sinton66
12-07-2003, 01:15 AM
I can't add too much to what Bellville22 said, but from an "outsider's" perspective I can say one thing more. I became a fan of the Bellville Brahmas in 2001 right after our Regional Championship game at Victoria. I saw a spirit and a will to succeed that lots of teams only dream of being able to put together. I saw a community full of pride and rightly so. I saw a staff dedicated to the young men in their charge. I've followed yall ever since. All I can say is don't let that spirit and community support waiver. The future is bright for Bellville and the Brahmas. I will remain a fan.

the_answer
12-07-2003, 01:25 AM
Very well said. It has been one hell of a ride since the 7th grade.

Brahma73
12-07-2003, 01:27 AM
sinton66:
I can't add too much to what Bellville22 said, but from an "outsider's" perspective I can say one thing more. I became a fan of the Bellville Brahmas in 2001 right after our Regional Championship game at Victoria. I saw a spirit and a will to succeed that lots of teams only dream of being able to put together. I saw a community full of pride and rightly so. I saw a staff dedicated to the young men in their charge. I've followed yall ever since. All I can say is don't let that spirit and community support waiver. The future is bright for Bellville and the Brahmas. I will remain a fan.Thanks for the support 66 and all the rest of the Sinton folks. Really enjoyed meeting you in College Station this weekend. The Pirates will be back! See you on the baseball field (hopefully!)

sinton66
12-07-2003, 09:33 AM
I enjoyed meeting you folks also. I hope we can meet on the diamond again. We've got our work cut out for us in reloading. We only return one starter, but with baseball in Sinton, that's not a giant hurdle. You guys should be plenty strong this year in baseball. Good luck.

BrahmaMom
12-07-2003, 09:38 AM
To the team, staff, and town: see my thanks on Bellville and Marlin: My Thoughts post. Too long to rewrite. 22, once again you are right. A special group of guys, led by a special QB who "has it". If you have to ask what that means, you don't "have it"-to quote Coach Barney Farrar of Rice University. The returning Brahmas saw, felt it, tasted it and they will do it again next year and the next. More exceptional classes coming up, that Bellville tradition. God bless you all and Merry Christmas!

pirate4state
12-07-2003, 11:45 AM
Ditto!! It felt like Sinton lost all over again. :(

Like Sinton66, after our game in Victoria & then again on the diamond, I have followed your team & wished nothing but the best for Bellville!! I'm sorry you're hurting right now & know that you'll be back, ready for the fight!! :)

Here's to meeting up on the Diamond! wink

BrahmaMom
12-07-2003, 11:45 AM
Sinton66: Glad to have Sinton support us. If you need a Bellville shirt, let us know and we'll send it to you! That 2001 game was a classic. I'm glad I have the tape, we'll watch it forever.

BrahmaMom
12-07-2003, 01:26 PM
pirate4state: We'll get you a shirt, too. I really hope we play y'all in baseball, heck, it's like a family reunion!

Bellville22
12-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Sinton66, it was certainly a pleasure meeting you. And I have a feeling that that won't be the last football game I'll be seeing you at.