PDA

View Full Version : Two baylor football players arrested at Taco Bell

Old Tiger
10-07-2010, 12:06 PM
for being stoned and passed out in drive thru.....
http://sweettater.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/taco-bell-792213.jpg
I know they broke the law but that is awesome and funny

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/2-baylor-receivers-charged-with-pot-possession-959059.html

RoyceTTU
10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
hmmm, with each passing day the outlook for TexasTech winning another game get better. :doh:

LE Dad
10-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
for being stoned and passed out in drive thru.....
http://sweettater.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/taco-bell-792213.jpg
I know they broke the law but that is awesome and funny

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/2-baylor-receivers-charged-with-pot-possession-959059.html Haha... I had a buddy that got a DWI for passing out at BK with his keys in the ignition.:doh:

I guess the munchies can be dangerous after all.:thinking: :D

RoyceTTU
10-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Haha... I had a buddy that got a DWI for passing out at BK with his keys in the ignition.:doh:

Interesting, I actually had a highschool buddy that fell asleep at a red light here in brownwood, TWICE and got DWI's. We had lost contact way before that so I have never had a chance to ask him what he was thinking.

Apparently this isn't a rarity.

Txbroadcaster
10-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Haha... I had a buddy that got a DWI for passing out at BK with his keys in the ignition.:doh:

I guess the munchies can be dangerous after all.:thinking: :D

when I lived in Longview in 97 I worked at Athletic club there and they held lock ins...I got there at 5AM that morning after being up most of night before coming back from a softball game in Tyler...We closed the place at like 1AM..I was on about 3 hours sleep and stopped at the Taco Bell on way home and I fell asleep at in the drive thru line

The cops were called but because I was able to show I was in no way drunk and I explained where I was and what I was doing they let me off with a warning.

DDBooger
10-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
when I lived in Longview in 97 I worked at Athletic club there and they held lock ins...I got there at 5AM that morning after being up most of night before coming back from a softball game in Tyler...We closed the place at like 1AM..I was on about 3 hours sleep and stopped at the Taco Bell on way home and I fell asleep at in the drive thru line

The cops were called but because I was able to show I was in no way drunk and I explained where I was and what I was doing they let me off with a warning. Did the same at a red light. Passed out. I was a DD and had slept very little. Glad my foot never came off the brake.

RoyceTTU
10-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

The cops were called but because I was able to show I was in no way drunk and I explained where I was and what I was doing they let me off with a warning.

They let you go and proceed on? I figured they would make call a driver or something. Or maybe proceed to the nearest parking spot to continue your nap :)

Txbroadcaster
10-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
They let you go and proceed on? I figured they would make call a driver or something. Or maybe proceed to the nearest parking spot to continue your nap :)

I was only about a mile from hom and as I told them..the knocking on my window by a cop while in a drive thru woke me up enough to get something to eat and go home...in fact I did not sleep for a couple of hours after I got home lol

Ranger Mom
10-07-2010, 01:45 PM
He hadn't been drinking...but a few weeks ago my boss (who has a shoulder injury and hasn't been able to sleep well) fell asleep in line at the motor bank.

We were wondering what was taking him so long.

Phil C
10-07-2010, 02:01 PM
This is bad bacause Baylor is a Baptist School and the Baptist are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages. Those young men may lose their scholarships.

Txbroadcaster
10-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
This is bad bacause Baylor is a Baptist School and the Baptist are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages. Those young men may lose their scholarships.

uhh i dont think drink was the problem

coach
10-07-2010, 02:05 PM
thugs?

LE Dad
10-07-2010, 02:09 PM
I am pretty sure that these young men will not be at Baylor unless they some very good explainations of why they passed out.....and it better not involve drugs.

RoyceTTU
10-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by coach
thugs?

:redxpoke: :1omg!: :stirpot: :hijacktd:

Here we go again :)

RoyceTTU
10-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I am pretty sure that these young men will not be at Baylor unless they some very good explainations of why they passed out.....and it better not involve drugs.

Glacouma experiments

Ranger Mom
10-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by coach
thugs?

I personally wouldn't call them that, but, I am one of the few on this board that thinks MJ should be legalized anyway!

Aesculus gilmus
10-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I personally wouldn't call them that, but, I am one of the few on this board that thinks MJ should be legalized anyway!

Do we know whether they were also drinking as well as toking that night? If there were alcohol involved, I would view the situation MORE seriously.

I agree with you. At a California school this would not be making big news and is one of the many reasons Cal-Berkeley wanted no part of Baylor University in the Pac Whatever. Nor did any of them ever want BYU when that rumor came up.

OldNavy
10-08-2010, 10:27 AM

Really, smoking MJ and passing out is OK with you and should be legal? I am shocked, just shocked, and you're a... a mom!

teetle
10-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Theys shoulds lose their scolarships. Theys represent sthe University. There is no wonders that theys in a drive through. Thats the only place a Baptist cans buys licker is in a drive through in a brown paper bag. If theys were a A&M theys could drink. But theys at a Baptist school. Drinking is a no no. Goods luck to thems :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Ranger Mom
10-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Really, smoking MJ and passing out is OK with you and should be legal? I am shocked, just shocked, and you're a... a mom!

I have a feeling that isn't all they were doing!!!

Yes...I am a mom, I don't smoke weed, I know people who do though....I have also done an essay on the pros and cons of the legalization.....so I have a little more insight than others might have.

I will tell you this, I would feel much safer riding in the car with a stoned person than I would a drunk one!!!

DDBooger
10-08-2010, 10:58 AM
I have a feeling that isn't all they were doing!!!

Yes...I am a mom, I don't smoke weed, I know people who do though....I have also done an essay on the pros and cons of the legalization.....so I have a little more insight than others might have.

I will tell you this, I would feel much safer riding in the car with a stoned person than I would a drunk one!!! Careful, having an opinion that doesn't mesh with puritanical law evokes reefer madness lol

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Wow!
Bammy and burritos...
who'd a thunk?:doh:

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 11:01 AM

I will tell you this, I would feel much safer riding in the car with a stoned person than I would a drunk one!!!

lol
Hasn't happened very often, has it? I swear all Prius owners are MJ junkies. Why in the heck do they have to drive 10 miles under the speed limit, all the time?:mad:

Old Tiger
10-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Really, smoking MJ and passing out is OK with you and should be legal? I am shocked, just shocked, and you're a... a mom! MJ = beer

Old Tiger
10-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
Hasn't happened very often, has it? I swear all Prius owners are MJ junkies. Why in the heck do they have to drive 10 miles under the speed limit, all the time?:mad: What I couldn't hear you over the sound of your Prius.

Ranger Mom
10-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Careful, having an opinion that doesn't mesh with puritanical law evokes reefer madness lol

HaHa!! In my "studies" I did a whole section on the evolution of reefer madness!!

Phil C
10-08-2010, 11:38 AM

:eek:

Phil C
10-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by teetle
Theys shoulds lose their scolarships. Theys represent sthe University. There is no wonders that theys in a drive through. Thats the only place a Baptist cans buys licker is in a drive through in a brown paper bag. If theys were a A&M theys could drink. But theys at a Baptist school. Drinking is a no no. Goods luck to thems :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

tettle I admire the Baptist Church.

Buckeye1980
10-08-2010, 11:41 AM

I guess it must be my job and what I see every day at work , but I have to disagree with your opinion.

MJ- KILLS BRAIN CELLS!

DDBooger
10-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
I guess it must be my job and what I see every day at work , but I have to disagree with your opinion.

MJ- KILLS BRAIN CELLS! And apparently alcohol doesn't

Maroon87
10-08-2010, 11:44 AM

I feel the same way RM....BTW I tried to muster at least some marginal disgust at this story but I couldn't. I kept picturing Cheech & Chong.

Buckeye1980
10-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
And apparently alcohol doesn't

I NEVER said it did not .......I will nnot get into the discussion but I have the facts for anyone who wants to visit my office

Ranger Mom
10-08-2010, 11:55 AM

MJ- KILLS BRAIN CELLS!

We will just have to agree to disagree....even the American Medical Association disagrees with it to a point!!!

LE Dad
10-08-2010, 11:59 AM
I NEVER said it did not .......I will nnot get into the discussion but I have the facts for anyone who wants to visit my office I believe ya.:) It doesn't matter what they were under the influence of... only that they were under the influence.:thinking:

DDBooger
10-08-2010, 12:14 PM
We will just have to agree to disagree....even the American Medical Association disagrees with it to a point!!! +1 goes much further than them. Most peer reviewed medical and neurological journals hold that opinion as well.

Old Tiger
10-08-2010, 04:13 PM
The only reason MJ isn't legal is because the government makes more money off of putting people in prison than they would by taxing it.