PDA

View Full Version : #2 Bellville Brahmas 12-0 vs China Spring Cougars 10-2

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2003, 02:07 AM
Bellville comes up with a big win over Huffman 47-14, #5 Crew from Huffman, was a no show, the Red Storm D. holding Crew, a top rusher in 3a to a season low in yards.
Bellville O. just keeps on rolling.
China Spring wins in 2ot, Beating Diboll 41-38.
Will #2 Bellville keep it rolling, or will China Spring, spring a upset?
Give us some imput on this matchup, and give us a prediction.

Bull's-eye
11-22-2003, 03:19 AM
China Spring has a offense that averages about 35 pts a game. Their only 2 losses were to McGegor(2a)25-24 and to Gatesville 24-21. Some of their wins are: Cameron Yoe 54-21, Rockdale 23-0, Waco Connally 17-15, Waco La Verga 37-16 and Dibol 41-38. Their defense allows less than 14 pts per game. They have a well-balanced offense, with a very good qb, running back and receiver (very similar numbers to Bellville's trio). Looks like a very good match-up!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2003, 09:11 AM
This game is set for Friday night 7:30 in Round Rock, at the new Stadium.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2003, 09:24 AM
Hey AFFLAC65, I have been reading some of you post, it sounds like you have seen every team in the state play, how do you get to so many games?

Bull's-eye
11-22-2003, 10:03 AM
I was wondering how he has seen so many games. Does he travel all over the state?

afflac65
11-22-2003, 10:04 AM
hey former bellville brahama i am able to go to alot of football games due i work monday thru thursday and i like doing it. congratulations to bellville for a good game. i saw china spring play macgregor this year. these two teams both pretty even except in the kicking game that edge goes to bellville.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2003, 10:10 AM
You did not think Bellvilles D could stop #5 crew, well they held him to his lowest total of the season. So what is you oppinion of Bellvilles D now? Are we now one of, in your oppinion, a top D in 3A?

afflac65
11-22-2003, 10:19 AM
bellville has a good defense but it is hard to judge a defense by play softer teams in the playoffs. bellville is a offenses oriented team and not the other way around. from what i have seen i just dont think bellville can play smathmouth football team with a great running game. the bellville offense carrys that team not the defense.

Bull's-eye
11-22-2003, 10:30 AM
afflac65:
bellville has a good defense but it is hard to judge a defense by play softer teams in the playoffs. bellville is a offenses oriented team and not the other way around. from what i have seen i just dont think bellville can play smathmouth football team with a great running game. the bellville offense carrys that team not the defense.Bellville just took care of a team like the one you our describing. Huffman had a back with over 2200 yds and a off -line that was huge!

KL3
11-22-2003, 11:18 AM
Afflac, just curious, did you go to the game last night?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Were do you get that Bellville play's soft opponents? Have you ever thought Bellville is just that much better than there opponents!

afflac65
11-22-2003, 03:29 PM
yes i plan to go the bellville china springs game next week. this should be high scoring game.
and to answer your question about bellville defense stopping #5 crew yes their big but not quick. bellville offense will carry this team not their defense. their is only 1 dominate teams on both sides of the ball and that is burnett......

reptard7isCRAZY
11-22-2003, 03:32 PM
afflac you just need to stop posting all together...

afflac65
11-22-2003, 03:40 PM
why do i need to stop posting my analyis is based on what i have seen and my experience i know what it takes to win a state championship. i wish bellville well i am just saying their strength and weakness based on their opponnents they have played to see how they match up with the opponnents strength and weakness. i like bellville but i also know the game of football.
maybe i should clarify myself a little bit my anaylis is to win a state championship not such the team playing this week.

rice4state
11-22-2003, 04:42 PM
China Spring is picked by 12 but I don't think so because Bellville is good. I hope they win so we can meet up with them at state. My prediction is

China Spring 21 Bellville 43

Go Rice Raiders D-Unit

reptard7isCRAZY
11-22-2003, 04:49 PM
How could Bellville possibly be picked to lose by 12? They are #2 ranked team in state. . . Where did you find that?

the_answer
11-22-2003, 05:26 PM
I have seen both teams play. China Spring has alot of 2way starters. Bellville will pull away in the 4th quarter, even though they are not battle test. That is a shot at the Duck

shooootno15
11-22-2003, 05:34 PM
hey aflac u need to stick with commercials and forget posting cuz u have no idea what ur talking about. Bellville has played 3 top 25 teams (2 in the top 15) and has came out undefeated. Bellville's defense is one of the best. most of the scores are misleading since coach chancellor usually puts his 2nd and 3rd team in when their winning over 30 points (usually half of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th) and thats when the other teams score. If we kept our 1st team defense in there they margin of victories would be alot greater.So do all of us a favor and just shut up cuz u have no idea what ur talking about.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2003, 07:57 PM
Afflac wont be able to reply because he is at all the ball games tonight!
What is Afflac talking about, Bellville has no D. this guy must be on drugs!

TxHsFootball04
11-23-2003, 05:16 PM
ttt

grigsby
11-23-2003, 05:27 PM
This will NOT be a pretty game. Bellville will run completely over China Spring. They aren't big at all. I went to the Diboll game. They beat us with speed. They are all white, but they can run with the best of them. Thier favorite play is a slant to the sidlines and catch and run. They are not a threat to Bellville. And by the way they aren't picked to win by 12.

Bellville 55
China Spring 3

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-23-2003, 05:42 PM
all white an can run with the best of them....what is that supposed to mean mich?

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Diboll_Lumberjackk ]</small>

afflac65
11-23-2003, 06:05 PM
i know this should be a good game china spring is not that big with size and neither is bellville both teams have a lot of speed should be a good game. the kicking game goes to bellville. the passing and running attack are about the same.
the intangibles on this game goes to china spring due all of the close games they have played and have found a way to win.

where is this game being played and what day and time i would like to go to it........

Bull's-eye
11-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Hey Afflac, now that was a good post! I would like your prediction on who will win the game. Now remember, we can go back and check this. Give us a score or how many points the team will win by.

afflac65
11-23-2003, 06:30 PM
i like bellville by 10 in this game. hey bulls-eye where is this game being played and what day and time i would like to go to it......

Bull's-eye
11-23-2003, 06:32 PM
afflac65:
yes i plan to go the bellville china springs game next week. this should be high scoring game.
and to answer your question about bellville defense stopping #5 crew yes their big but not quick. bellville offense will carry this team not their defense. their is only 1 dominate teams on both sides of the ball and that is burnett......Burnet's defense gave up 431 yds to Wharton. Do you still think they dominate on both sides of the ball?

Bull's-eye
11-23-2003, 06:36 PM
afflac65:
i like bellville by 10 in this game. hey bulls-eye where is this game being played and what day and time i would like to go to it......Go back up to the 3rd post on this same thread.

ana
11-23-2003, 06:37 PM
According to Collier Sharp, Bellville is picked to win by 18

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: ana ]</small>

the tigers are back
11-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Hey now ease up up on afflac,because we don't wanna kill the duck right now.I like the duck,because he knows or she knows how to keep the fire going.I really think the bulls has showed me that they can contend with the best,but i don't think the bulls has faced qb like jess.I think if the bulls runs up against alot of speed it could get very ugly and i'm not talking about just one guy.I see Marlin is talking alot about a rematch and this could very much happen,because i think boht teams wants a rematch.Oh yeah and lagrange wants marlin and now they gottem and yet they say they want bellville.I will say this lagrange you don't stand a chance with the bulls never alone the Marlin bulldawgs.I see that all 3 of the teams want each others,but we know that somone is not gonna make it.I would rather see bellville and marlin,because i hear that marlin is loaded and so are the bulls they can hit you on every leaning side.Oucheeeeeeeee... i know that's all good and juicy let's go bulls i'm with ya Austin Co. :D wink

TxHsFootball04
11-23-2003, 11:16 PM
http://www.daktronics.com/photo_detail.cfm?cc=CC04202

if you go the site above you can see a picture of the scoreboard there at round rock

keep_it_real
11-24-2003, 02:25 AM
Bellville wins with ease, 28-10...

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 02:39 AM
Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas!
Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas!
You guys will be fine this week.
SintonFan

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-24-2003, 09:33 PM
How many people will leave the Aggie vs Longhorn game early to go to Round Rock?

reptard7isCRAZY
11-24-2003, 09:58 PM
Can anyone tell me how many years it has been since Bellville has lost in the pasture? I know it's random, but just thought about it...

the_answer
11-24-2003, 10:36 PM
reptard7isCRAZY:
Can anyone tell me how many years it has been since Bellville has lost in the pasture? I know it's random, but just thought about it...lost to sealy 24-6 in 2000

BrahmaMom
11-24-2003, 11:06 PM
SintonFan, thanks for your unwavering support. It means a lot to those of us who know what talent and history Sinton has. Mutaual respect is fun, I love 3A football. Go Brahmas, no mercy, guys!

J-town Hustler
11-24-2003, 11:09 PM
I think there is a reason why Bellville is ranked what they are, and they will prove it against China Springs.

Bellville22
11-25-2003, 01:17 PM
afflac65:
bellville has a good defense but it is hard to judge a defense by play softer teams in the playoffs. bellville is a offenses oriented team and not the other way around. from what i have seen i just dont think bellville can play smathmouth football team with a great running game. the bellville offense carrys that team not the defense.??? Interesting. I'm fairly certain that Rice, featuring Charles Huffman and Spears, Navasota featuring Chris Smith, Sealy featuring Emeal Andrus, and Huffman with Crew, could all be classified as smashmouth teams. Bellville beat all of them.

afflac65
11-25-2003, 01:24 PM
okay i admit i made a mistake to all your bellville fans i apologize. bellville has made alot improvements on defense. do you think bellville is feeling any pressure being 12-0 and ranked#2 in the state when they play.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-25-2003, 07:35 PM
I think the boys feel some presure but the players just love playing the game, and they will play there hearts out to keep playing the game of football.

surfspike
11-25-2003, 08:12 PM
afflac65:
and to answer your question about bellville defense stopping #5 crew yes their big but not quick. bellville offense will carry this team not their defense. their is only 1 dominate teams on both sides of the ball and that is burnett......Yes, you must know a lot about Burnet based solely on the fact that everytime you mention them, you spell Burnet incorrectly.

Burnet had 37 scored on them last week. They won, but I'm sure it wasn't too pretty.

Brahma73
11-25-2003, 10:49 PM
afflac65:
do you think bellville is feeling any pressure being 12-0 and ranked#2 in the state when they play.Of course Bellville is feeling pressure, but you can bet it's not because of the two reasons above. Every team in the playoffs is in a sudden death situation. You win or it's basketball. The players on every team remaining know the importance of rankings and records at this point - that being absolutely nothing. The pressure is in winning the next game. That's it. It's the same for everybody...and it's monumental! You win state, the rankings come; you lose, nobody cares.

Brahma73
11-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Could someone please post accurate directions from Bellville to the new Round Rock stadium?

BrahmaMom
11-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Ya know, one of the things I love about this Brahma team, that not all Brahma teams have had, is that a lot of these guys THRIVE under pressure, they play BEST under pressure, so bring on the pressure. Buenger seems to blossom under it. I have never seen him lose his composure in any sport. Goeke doesn't seem to get rattled, and I don't think our running backs even know they should feel the pressure. And our D, contrary to aafflac's previous belief's, is as tough and mean and determined as they come. These guys are players, true players, who LOVE the game. Win or lose this Friday night, they are winners in Bellville. But we don't like to lose, do we, guys??? Go Brahmas, as tat2 says: 48 minutes of H*#&! And more if necessary!

Bull's-eye
11-26-2003, 01:07 PM
China Spring has a very dangerous punt and kick returner in Kerby Harris. Tanner Holcomb is their top receiver, with over 900 yds. The QB Jordan Patterson has thrown for over 1800 yds and 24 tds. Against Dibol, he used a lot of pump fakes, to fool the defenders. Cody Barlow is their top runner, with over 1400 yds. China Spring will the the most balanced offense that Bellville has seen all year. This will be a good test for the Brahma defense. They shown that they can stop the dominant running teams, now can they stop a well-balanced team? I think so!

<small>[ November 27, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

BrahmaMom
11-26-2003, 01:31 PM
The Bellville defense can handle it. No mercy, guys, one game at a time. GO BRAHMAS!

keep_it_real
11-26-2003, 03:24 PM
I promise if Bellville just plays their regular game, they will win by at least 2 touchdowns atleast.......I watched China play and I know what they are capable of, they will throw the short route to chapmen, or the long route to holcumb.... then they run their little runningback, he is salty, but nothing bellville won't take care of. Put pressure on the qb and he folds up, he will be done, and expect to see Coach Bell on the filed most of the night, he will whine about everytime you touch his qb to multiple refs......

Bongo
11-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Oh, that's all we need, a coach that whines on the sidelines.

Bellville22
11-26-2003, 05:43 PM
Everyone I've talked to said these teams are very similar. Versitile offenses, good defenses, and both are well coached and disciplined.

Just watched the video of the Bellville game that I missed last week while in Cozumel, so I'm caught up.

This will certainly be the most versitile team the Brahmas have seen to date. The pass-D is yet to really be tested, that should change this week. I think the Bulls strength against the pass will be their ability to get to the QB. The DL has been superb lately, hope that continues. I understand that the Cougars are very fast, but not real big, very similar to Bellville. I look for Bellville to rely a bit more on the run this week, especially Runnels, who runs with power. Goeke and his foot look to be zeroed back in, and everything seems to be clicking. I think China Spring will provide much more competition than the previous two weeks. Could be interesting for a while, but I like the Bulls multiple weapons and experience in the end.

Bulls keep rollin', although not as big...

Bellville 27
China Spring 17

BrahmaMom
11-26-2003, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the info keep_it_real, good to hear from you. I think Bellville can do what it takes, our guys are ready to win. Go Brahmas!!!

Bull's-eye
11-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Bellville's offense has been very sharp. The defense has been doing their "blue-collar" imitation of the "No-Name" defense. China Spring looks to have a better offense than Giddings & Huffman. Here's my prediction:

Bellville 42
China Spring 21

FranksBullDog
11-26-2003, 08:09 PM
CS 24 BV21 Good luck CS

shooootno15
11-26-2003, 09:25 PM
bellville-48
china spring-24

SintonFan
11-27-2003, 01:45 PM
Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas!
Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas! Go Brahmas!
Sorry I was late on this one. I've been distracted. wink
Good luck!

Bellville22
11-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Changing my prediction....

Bellville 30
China Spring 23

afflac65
11-27-2003, 08:12 PM
i like bellville by 10 in this game and then next week they lose by 10 to marlin

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-27-2003, 08:45 PM
Here we go with the next week stuff again, first Bellville must win for a next week, and who's not to say La Grange might still be around next week. I say lets get past this week, then we worrie about next week!

BrahmaMom
11-27-2003, 10:30 PM
I take Bellville by some tomorrow (as opposed to a little or a lot-BrahmaMom math). One game at a time, 48 minutes of H*%&! Go Brahmas, hit 'em hard, fast, and often!

Pudlugger
11-27-2003, 11:06 PM
afflac65:
i like bellville by 10 in this game and then next week they lose by 10 to marlinIn what? Basketball? :D

Bull's-eye
11-28-2003, 12:40 PM
Good luck to both teams, and as always, a injury-free game. Go Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<small>[ November 28, 2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

MARLINFAN
11-28-2003, 12:52 PM
Good luck to all four teams. marlin, laGrange, bellville and china springs.

tha thriller in manila coming soon

BrahmaMom
11-28-2003, 01:41 PM
Beautiful day for a drive to Round Rock after a big send-off at the Square. Terrific football weather for tonight. Go Brahmas, do your stuff!