PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed in Navasota

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I just got word that a junior cheerleader has commited suicide. I will have more info once it becomes available.

44INAROW
10-06-2010, 01:06 PM
wow - that's horrible please keep us posted :(

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.navasotaexaminer.com/news/article_8f965866-d159-11df-bcd0-001cc4c002e0.html

KALLIE NEUTZLER

Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:01 am | Updated: 1:04 pm, Wed Oct 6, 2010.

BY ROSEMARY SMITH, Examiner editor | 0 comments

Grimes County Sheriff's Office Investigator John Wren said Navasota High School junior Kallie Neutzler, who died following a single gunshot wound to the abdominal area this morning, may have taken her own life.

"At the moment, it appears to be a suicide. The official cause of death will depend on results from the autopsy," said Investigator Wren, who is leading the investigation, along with Lt. Blake Jarvis.

Sheriff Don Sowell said Navasota police notified the Sheriff's Office of a shooting at the 8002 Chickasaw residence at 6:24 a.m., after family members discovered the 16-year-old Rattler cheerleader in a bedroom.

Ten minutes later, St. Joseph EMS arrived and began treating the victim before transporting Neutzler to the College Station Medical Center. Neutzler succumbed to her injuries at 7:16 a.m. Her body has been sent to Southwest Forensic Center in Austin for an autopsy.

NISD Communications Coordinator Scott Powers said no other details are being released at this time, as the student was a minor.

This is the second death the students have been hit by in the past 6 months, as they lost fellow student and senior Emmanuel Sanchez to a firearm that was reportedly "dry fired" and pointed at the victim's chest in April.

Counselors from all NISD campuses are at the high school assisting students with the loss.

"We have also reached out to the Region VI Education Center for assistance with counseling for the next day or two," said Powers.

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Very sad news.:(

Thoughts and prayers.

NastySlot
10-06-2010, 01:25 PM
this is awful...I know the family her older sister and my son grew up together.

Hornet Mom 2
10-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Prayers from Caldwell.

OldBison75
10-06-2010, 01:33 PM
We so often forget the pressure, real or imagined, that today's children are faced with. Even on this board we put pressure on the kids to perform for us and sometimes forget they are young men and women that just want to succeed. Let's all remember to tell those kids in our lives that we love them and whatever difficulties they face, are better faced with the love of friends and family that with a tragic ending. God bless this family, school, and community.

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Thoughts and prayers for all of Navasota from Bull Country, Hemo. Another bright and promising young life apparently cut tragically short right in front of our eyes...I hope that all of us will re-double our efforts to identify, as best we can, when young people appear depressed or in trouble---young suicides are just happening at an alarming rate in our communites.

SHSBulldog00
10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Terrible news! I was at the game this past Friday. My deepest prayers for her family and the entire Rattler community.:(

Bone Pile
10-06-2010, 01:50 PM
That is the worst possible news that anybody could get. We had a child do that a couple of years ago and the kids are still feeling the effects from it. The family of Bone Pile will pray for everone affected and hope that time will heal and God takes everyone and holds them close and tries to help them get through this.

Ranger Mom
10-06-2010, 01:51 PM
How tragic....prayers going out!:(

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Navasota_Mourns_Loss_of_High_School_Cheerleader_10 4433259.html

A Navasota High School cheerleader has died from a single gunshot wound to the abdomen that was possibly self inflicted according to the Grimes County Sheriff's Department.

Kallie Neutzler, 16, died Wednesday morning at the College Station Medical Center. Officials say her parents found her in her bedroom Wednesday morning.

An autopsy has been ordered.

Navasota ISD officials have been notified and grief counselors are assisting students dealing with Neutzler's death.

There is no evidence of foul play, but an investigation into Neutzler's death is ongoing.

To help the community cope with Neutzler's death, the First Baptist church has opened its doors to mourners. Beginning at 3 o'clock, counselors will be available to speak with friends and classmates. A special prayer time will also begin at 6 p.m. First Baptist Church is located at 301 Church Street in Navasota.

To read more on this story and to learn more about teen suicide prevention and statistics you can clikck on the added links.

justlikesports
10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends. So sad.

Caldwell_Raider
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
wow that's so sad and horrible!!! Prayers sent from me! :(

navscanmaster
10-06-2010, 02:56 PM
:( I heard about this on facebook first. I can't believe how many children from NISD have died in the last 6 years. Auto accidents and ATV accidents have been the biggest culprit, but in the last few months, we have had an accidental, although debated, shooting of a senior so close to graduating, now a beautiful cheerleader from a great family is thought to have ended her own life. Every death is tragic. Something is happening in our community that I don't understand. I can't speak for Kallie, but it seems like kids are just so detached from how precious and fragile life really is. I have prayed and will continue to pray for God to show his grace to our community and end the rash of young people dying. It truly hurts because even if I don't directly know the deceased, chances are, someone in my immediate family knows them very well and are torn up over it.

Rest in Peace, Kallie.

Pudlugger
10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Very sad and such a waste of precious life. Prayers from La Grange for Kallie, her family, friends and community.

bigYoe
10-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Prayers from Cameron go out to the Rattler' nation. Suicides have become more and more often these past few years around central Texas. A few months ago a 15 year old girl from here in Cameron took her life and a kid I use to babysit from Rockdale who was only 16 years old hung himself a few weeks ago. These Teens need to remember there are ALOT more choices than suicide and us older folks need to drill it in their heads that we are here for them when they need to talk. Again our prayers go out to all of Navasota and the family of Kallie.

zebrablue2
10-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Prayers said and sent from Bellville!!!

lulu
10-06-2010, 06:12 PM
I am so sorry. May God comfort this family and community. My prayers will continue in days to come for them.

hollywood
10-06-2010, 09:04 PM
God Bless the family Of Kallie and community of Navasota. Always sad to hear this kind of news.

CHS_CG
10-06-2010, 10:23 PM
So sad and tragic....Sending prayers from Caldwell.

garciap77
10-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Prayers from Wylie.

bobcat1
10-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Prayers added.

Global Swarming
10-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Just saw her pic on facebook. What a beautiful young girl. Kids have to understand that no matter what they are going through, suicide is never the solution. There is no problem too big that it can't be worked out. I pray that her family can get through this and that God comforts them in their time of need.

sports mom
10-08-2010, 07:46 AM
What a beautiful person, she seemed to have everything going for her.....
What could have been so bad to take your own life?
I know she will be deeply missed. God bless her family and friends.

A friend or family member of Kallie's posted pics of her on youtube. Just type in "RIP Kallie" in the search box on youtube and you too can see for yourself what a beautiful person she must have been.

Danana70
10-08-2010, 08:36 AM
So sad, prayers from Midland..