PDA

View Full Version : Giddings will Likely Win

3aFootball4Life
12-05-2001, 03:15 PM
Giddings will probably win because of its great run defense.

Newton will not be able to run on Giddings like they did China Springs.

The only way that I can see Newton coming out on top is if they have a really good passsing game. Gidddings hasn't been really tested with the pass this year and that could prove to be their downfall.

But we will just have to wait and see.

I have Giddings 21 Newton 7

Good luck to both teams.

df1
12-05-2001, 04:26 PM
Nobody can really predict the score of the game,there are to many varibles,but there is no one in the state going to hold Newton to just seven points.

duckbutter
12-05-2001, 04:59 PM
`amen brother

football_man
12-05-2001, 07:48 PM
Newton will be able to run the ball like they did against china springs. Newtons offensive line is very good and quick. They will open the hole for there running backs all night. I am going for newton for sure this week.

good luck newton

super????????
12-05-2001, 08:00 PM
With an 8 man defensive front, interceptions for Giddings all day. Lets not forget that Giddings has been know to run up the score a little too.

football_man
12-05-2001, 08:04 PM
Super, Newton will not have to through the ball. Did you hear about there 540 yard rushing they had last week. If newtons offensive line blocks like they did against china sprinds i am looking for another 300 yard plus rushing game. watch and see

classof 85
12-05-2001, 08:43 PM
I predict that you haven't seen a running team like Newton,and to think you will shut them down is unreallistic.You will see Friday night , mark my words.Newton will not be held under 3 touchdowns so if Giddings wants to win they better put the pigskin in the endzone often.By the way I am not from Newton or Giddings and wish both teams well!!!!

Newton 28 - Giddings 17

3aFootball4Life
12-05-2001, 09:48 PM
I guess we will see.

I still think that Newton won't be able to Run on Giddings like they have been able to.

My prediction is that Giddings will hold them to under 125 total rushing yards.

But we will just have to see at the Game I will be there to see just who the better team is.

TheNewtonBoy
12-05-2001, 10:00 PM
Ok man if you think that Giddings is going to beat newton and "shut down" their running game thats your opinion. A team is not suppose to be able to put up 59 or a possible 66 (since you brought up running the score up) in a 3rd round playoff game. It is basically imposible to shut down the running game with the variety of backs plays and plays to set up other plays. If newton loses it will be because they stopped theirselves, but thats not going to happen.

Newton 35
giddings 17(give or take)

PS i doubt u will have as good of a run defense next week i promise.

mr.chriesman
12-07-2001, 01:54 AM
I'm not from Giddings and I don't know Super????(sounds like he's full of super @$&#), but I'll have to give it to the gold and black this week. Newton 17---Giddings 28

purple swarm
12-07-2001, 09:49 AM
i watched the giddings and rice consolidated game film last night. giddings doesnt have enough speed for newton. i predict newton by 10 in a hard fought game. i think the kicking game and special teams will play a big roll in the out come of this one. play hard eagles and may both teams have a safe game and trip. roll on barbay express roll on .

chappy
12-07-2001, 10:15 AM
yeah, newton had 540 yds. BIG DEAL. Giddings had 730 yds. Quit your braggin. Your gonna be the one bouncin the balls in the gym tuesday. and if giddings loses, then we'll be the ones bouncin balls. either way, just let the boys play. we'll see who want's it more tonight.

duckbutter
12-07-2001, 10:27 AM
I agree, you can't go on last weeks results because each team is different. Newton likes to run the ball and will try to put up as many yds as possible. If they need to pass the ball they can. Lets hope everyone has a safe trip tonight and the game is injury free. This will be one hell of a war.