PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 6 GotW: Sanger (5-0) @ Pilot Point (2-3)

charlesrixey
10-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Sanger comes in as a favorite, although Pilot Point is always danegerous; and despite struggling defensively to start the season, the Bearcats are still a defending state champion who has to win this game to control their own destiny in making the playoffs. Sanger, on the other hand, has been a solid program for a long time and this year have played well defensively while continuing to develop Dane Evans at QB. Sanger has also had to struggle the last two years in a district with Celina, Pilot Point and Argyle and so missed the playoffs with winning records.

Sanger will be motivated to get revenge for a smackdown last year, but they will have to go to PP and stop Price, who is the leading rusher and passer.

This will be a duel between two great QB's, and this game is absolutely crucial to both teams since this game will determine a lot in the playoffs.

Oh, and if Sanger wins then Argyle will almost assuredly go Division II rather than D1, which is the most important reason for third parties to pay attention!

Pick6
10-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Sanger has also had to struggle the last two years in a district with Celina, Pilot Point and Argyle and so missed the playoffs with winning records.

Wasn't Pilot Point 2A last year? It was Celina, Argyle and Prosper that Sanger had to deal with.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Pilot Point comes into this game ranked higher then Sanger in any serious poll to date. The Point will be traveling to Sanger and taking its 2-3 mark against 3A's second ranked schedule with them. Sanger has not played a top 100 team to date. Pilot Point has faced 5 top 100's and 3 top 5's in respective divisions. Pilot Point will boast the Districts #1 Rusher and #2 passer in the contest and will be at full strength Friday when numerous players return from the IR after the off week. Pilot point is averaging 450 yards and 39 points a conetst against a muderous non district schedule. Sanger will be lead by the leading Passer in the District in Dane Evans. Sanger Avg. 498 yards of offense and 40 points per game agianst one of the lowest ranked S.O.S.'s in the state.

Big Gusto's Picks

Over/Under-Points 80, Yards 850
Pilot Point by 8

Ernest T Bass
10-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Sanger has a full coaching staff, while PP evidently does not. Gimmie the Injuns!

PPSTATEBOUND
10-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Sanger has a full coaching staff, while PP evidently does not. Gimmie the Injuns!

:doh:

FHS 74
10-06-2010, 01:47 PM
This third party you are refering to wouldn't be Celina would it?

charlesrixey
10-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Wasn't Pilot Point 2A last year? It was Celina, Argyle and Prosper that Sanger had to deal with.

lol yeah

you know what i meant!

especially since i mentioned that PP was a defending state champion.

But yes you are correct.

I know PP is going to feel confident about this one but it's their defense im concerned about.

charlesrixey
10-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by FHS 74
This third party you are refering to wouldn't be Celina would it?

Well partially, but Celina isn't the only D1 or D2 team that is curious about where one of the other top 5 teams in the state is going to be come playoff time.

BILLYFRED0000
10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

Yeah I will take the team with no turmoil.
Pilot Point will score but so will Sanger. In the end Sanger will win with more kids to keep the teams fresher. But it will be close. for the record I call it a tossup and massey says a two point win for PP>

charlesrixey
10-07-2010, 03:33 PM
i know this one should be close

which is why i didn't pick prosper and lovejoy, lol

PPSTATEBOUND
10-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yeah I will take the team with no turmoil.
Pilot Point will score but so will Sanger. In the end Sanger will win with more kids to keep the teams fresher. But it will be close. for the record I call it a tossup and massey says a two point win for PP>

PP will Keep Sangers Qb on his back most of the night and be able to out physical this ball club for the duration. PP's duel threat at QB will be the key to PP's first district win IMO.

Gimmie PP by 8

BILLYFRED0000
10-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
PP will Keep Sangers Qb on his back most of the night and be able to out physical this ball club for the duration. PP's duel threat at QB will be the key to PP's first district win IMO.

Gimmie PP by 8

It should be a good game. I have not seen Sanger but Pilot Point looked solid to me. I think if this was not homecoming in Celina I would go see this game.

WildTexan972
10-08-2010, 04:24 PM
homecoming in celina is very drawn out and dull.....the 45 minutes to pick a cheerleader as Queen is just bad for good football fans....

charlesrixey
10-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Sanger wins 35-28

Argyle appears to be a lock for D2

PP will still have to beat Gainesville and Aubrey to make it to the playoffs but i think they will

FHS 74
10-09-2010, 08:30 AM
And that my friends was huge sigh of relief from the Celina fans that there will be one less top 5 going DI.