PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood Rangers

Bigraid
10-06-2010, 09:36 AM
I remember years ago seeing this team in the playoffs. They were a very good team. What is going on with them? i notice that they have taken some bad losses this year. 32-7 to Sweetwater ...39-7 vs estacado...47-7 vs Big Spring????? Is the same coach there or are the players just not as good as before? I was surprised to see that they are so down. How does it look this week versus seminole?

Ranger Mom
10-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Bigraid
I remember years ago seeing this team in the playoffs. They were a very good team. What is going on with them? i notice that they have taken some bad losses this year. 32-7 to Sweetwater ...39-7 vs estacado...47-7 vs Big Spring????? Is the same coach there or are the players just not as good as before? I was surprised to see that they are so down. How does it look this week versus seminole?

New coach
New offense
Talent down
Lots of injuries

Seminole Vs. Greenwood might be a good game....Seminole hasn't seemed to be as good as expected.

ronwx5x
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Think Coach Taylor is happy he moved to Brownfield? 1-4 with 68 points scored and 198 points scored against them in 5 games! In fact, the only win came against 2A Denver City and they've lost twice to other 2A teams. Looks like that green grass maay have only been painted.

Ranger Mom
10-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Think Coach Taylor is happy he moved to Brownfield? 1-4 with 68 points scored and 198 points scored against them in 5 games! In fact, the only win came against 2A Denver City and they've lost twice to other 2A teams. Looks like that green grass maay have only been painted.

I liked Taylor alright. I was a big Bob Purser fan, so no one has matched up to him in my eyes!!

Red&White_9x5
10-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I liked Taylor alright. I was a big Bob Purser fan, so no one has matched up to him in my eyes!!

Purser started that program didn't he? I don't know how they were in their early years, but they eventually became pretty dang good.

DaHop72
10-06-2010, 10:24 AM
It hasn't helped the Rangers that they are on their 5th QB this year and if I remember right he's just a freshman.

Ranger Mom
10-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Purser started that program didn't he? I don't know how they were in their early years, but they eventually became pretty dang good.

He wasn't the "original" coach, but he was there 17 years, I believe.

Ranger Mom
10-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
It hasn't helped the Rangers that they are on their 5th QB this year and if I remember right he's just a freshman.

Our WR, and arguably one of our best players, stepped in to play QB when the starter got hurt, then he got hurt and was out for a game or two.

He came back, but 5th string backup was doing fine so they put the WR back in his WR position...where he promptly suffered a concussion Friday night!!:doh: