View Full Version : Just a reminder for all the NY Yankee haters

Sweetwater Red
10-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Which I happen to be. ESPN 30 on 30 is going
to highlight Boston's rally from 0-3 in the
2004 ALCS at 7:00 tonight. :D

Hornet Mom 2
10-05-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm with ya here, can't stand them! I used to have family in Sweetwater, too!

coach
10-05-2010, 06:05 PM
i will be watching

Old Tiger
10-05-2010, 06:12 PM
27 > 7

Sweetwater Red
10-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
I'm with ya here, can't stand them! I used to have family in Sweetwater, too!

Nice and well I've met CHS_CG and hornetmom. :D

Daddy D 11
10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
THAT WAS SO AWESOME

BaseballUmp
10-05-2010, 08:15 PM
If only they could have made the playoffs this year...

'Necks 2013-14
10-05-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm not really a Yankee hater--it's just my favorite team is whoever is playing AGAINST them!:devil:

SintonFan
10-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
I'm not really a Yankee hater--it's just my favorite team is whoever is playing AGAINST them!:devil:

Nah... your life is so much easier if you just give in to the haterade.:evillol:

Count me in or just say +100000000 :p

wimbo_pro
10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
I hate the Yankees. I also hate the Steelers, both due to my Texas connections of sports franchises. But one thing old age and experience has taught me is this...if you don't respect those teams who deserve it, you will pay the price in the long run. Respecting them doesnt mean you love your team any less. It means you have a sense of history.

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Red Sox are no better than the Yanks now..at least the Yanks dont pretend to be the underdogs

TheDOCTORdre
10-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I have some great memories from those 4 days in October, I'm a huge Sox fan and we gots a little crazy watching that comeback...missed alot of classes :D

Tx Challenge
10-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I hate the Yankees. I also hate the Steelers, both due to my Texas connections of sports franchises. But one thing old age and experience has taught me is this...if you don't respect those teams who deserve it, you will pay the price in the long run. Respecting them doesnt mean you love your team any less. It means you have a sense of history.

I agree.....You must REALLY respect LH..:D

wimbo_pro
10-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
I agree.....You must REALLY respect LH..:D

I do....though they aint the Yankees!

Tx Challenge
10-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I do....though they aint the Yankees!

Your right....Yanks suck!!!

Farmersfan
10-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I have never liked the Yankees due to the totally unfair amount of payroll they are able to pay vs the rest of the league. but I had a lot of respect for some of their players until I witnessed Jeter and Posada both pretend to get hit by pitches with some of the worst acting ever!!!!!!!!!! I had thought the Yankees had a little more class than to fake like that. I guess not!

DDBooger
10-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I have never liked the Yankees due to the totally unfair amount of payroll they are able to pay vs the rest of the league. but I had a lot of respect for some of their players until I witnessed Jeter and Posada both pretend to get hit by pitches with some of the worst acting ever!!!!!!!!!! I had thought the Yankees had a little more class than to fake like that. I guess not! A-Rod has pulled some Bush league stuff as well (slapping the ball out of the 1st Baseman's hand).

Who wouldn't root against an organization that pretty much buys up every major free agent. lol

Txbroadcaster
10-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
A-Rod has pulled some Bush league stuff as well (slapping the ball out of the 1st Baseman's hand).

Who wouldn't root against an organization that pretty much buys up every major free agent. lol

It is kind of funny for a country of people who want capitalism, thy hate a team who does just that!

DDBooger
10-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
It is kind of funny for a country of people who want capitalism, thy hate a team who does just that! I do find that peculiar ;)

slpybear the bullfan
10-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Me likes me some Yankee Fail.

GO SOX... Forever. :clap:

DDBooger
10-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

+1

Lake Pirate
10-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I have never liked the Yankees due to the totally unfair amount of payroll they are able to pay vs the rest of the league. but I had a lot of respect for some of their players until I witnessed Jeter and Posada both pretend to get hit by pitches with some of the worst acting ever!!!!!!!!!! I had thought the Yankees had a little more class than to fake like that. I guess not!

What's the difference between a batter pretending to be hit by a pitch and an outfielder raising his glove up as though he caught a ball that actually bounced in front of his glove? The later happens in practically every game, and they get away with it too. I don't hear anyone making a fuss over that. Or an infielder clearly missing a tag, does he pretend to have made it? Of course he does. If the ump would've said "no Jeter you're full of s**T" I'm sure Jeter would've showed some class and just continued his at-bat.

91 lion
10-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Red Sox are no better than the Yanks now..at least the Yanks dont pretend to be the underdogs

:clap::clap::clap: .....and btw Go Yankees!!!:D

d0tc0m
10-08-2010, 02:30 PM
I cannot believe i missed this! Do they replay it on ESPN Classic or anything? does anybody know? I hate the yankees and the red sox... but if i'm picking my poison, i can handle the redsox SLIGHTLY more than the yankees.

Hopefully the Rangers can advance and take down the boys of the north in the ALCS!!

Keith7
10-08-2010, 03:02 PM

Says yesterday's No. 1 Rangers fan ;) :doh:

Bullaholic
10-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

Why do you even care which teams someone else supports unless they are a big rival of your teams and rag on them all the time? That is just plain silly.

Keith7
10-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Why do you even care which teams someone else supports unless they are a big rival of your teams and rag on them all the time? That is just plain silly.

Because when Boston comes to town every year he gets on here and brags about how good the Red Sox are and how he is going to go in his Red Sox gear to the game and blah blah blah blah blah..

Now he is doing the claw and acts like he has been a lifelong Rangers fan..

Farmersfan
10-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
What's the difference between a batter pretending to be hit by a pitch and an outfielder raising his glove up as though he caught a ball that actually bounced in front of his glove? The later happens in practically every game, and they get away with it too. I don't hear anyone making a fuss over that. Or an infielder clearly missing a tag, does he pretend to have made it? Of course he does. If the ump would've said "no Jeter you're full of s**T" I'm sure Jeter would've showed some class and just continued his at-bat.

The difference is that Jeter jumped around for 2 minutes like he was in extreme pain or even injured. That can't be compared to an outfielder pretending he made a catch. If Jeter had simply yelped and headed to 1st then perhaps the two could be compared. In my opinion I have NEVER seen another player ACT like that in order to fool a ump! I saw an interview with Jeter at a later date and I have NO DOUBT he was embarrassed by his actions. I lost a lot of respect for him on that one play!

Bullaholic
10-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Because when Boston comes to town every year he gets on here and brags about how good the Red Sox are and how he is going to go in his Red Sox gear to the game and blah blah blah blah blah..

Well, slpy is certainly able to answer for himself and I'm not going to try to speak for him, but I just get curious when I see you post stuff like this, and for the life of me I still don't understand your logic or reasons for posting it, although I certainly respect your right to an opinion.. Does this make you feel like some super-fan who is above the rest of the fans or something? Who in the world is hurt by fans having multiple teams they like to support and why does that cause you displeasure? You think fans should be lifelong fans of just one team win or lose? I'm a 50-year Cowboys fan, but I sure pulled for the Saints in their SuperBowl run because I have some ties to New orleans. I guess that makes me a "bandwagoner", too, in your book---and that's fine by me.

Keith7
10-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Well, slpy is certainly able to answer for himself and I'm not going to try to speak for him, but I just get curious when I see you post stuff like this, and for the life of me I still don't understand your logic or reasons for posting it, although I certainly respect your right to an opinion.. Does this make you feel like some super-fan who is above the rest of the fans or something? Who in the world is hurt by fans having multiple teams they like to support and why does that cause you displeasure? You think fans should be lifelong fans of just one team win or lose?

To answer your question shortly.. Yes

I've been a fan of the Rangers since I was six.. Have supported them every year win-or-lose since.. now there are "lifelong Red Sox fans" who have gone to games in the Rangers' down years cheering on the other team now cheering on the Rangers?? Give me a break..

You're not a real fan of a team if you can flip flop to another at the first sign of "your team" losing and the other winning..

For example, what if Bridgeport misses the playoffs and Decatur wins the first two rounds. Would you be happy if slpybear started saying he was an Eagle fan all along and started praising how good Decatur was?

I really doubt it.

Keith7
10-08-2010, 03:26 PM
just read what he posted above

"Go SOX forever"

apparently not.. it's more like "Go SOX until the Rangers do something good"

Bullaholic
10-08-2010, 03:36 PM

I've been a fan of the Rangers since I was six.. Have supported them every year win-or-lose since.. now there are "lifelong Red Sox fans" who have gone to games in the Rangers' down years cheering on the other team now cheering on the Rangers?? Give me a break..

You're not a real fan of a team if you can flip flop to another at the first sign of "your team" losing and the other winning..

For example, what if Bridgeport misses the playoffs and Decatur wins the first two rounds. Would you be happy if slpybear started saying he was an Eagle fan all along and started praising how good Decatur was?

I really doubt it.

Again, I can't answer for slpy, but if it were me in the Bridgeport/Decatur scenario that you posted---I have pulled for Decatur in the D1 playoffs several times and attended their games( Wearing my Bulls cap, of course.:D). When our teams meet head-to-head in district, or in the playoffs, it is one of the fiercest rivalries in Texas---but outside of that, I have no prob pulling for our county-mates to succeed. I would congratulate the Eagles if they deserved praise for a great accomplisment in the playoffs.
IMO, you have matured a lot Keith, but you are still blinded by some unfortunate prejudices that prevent you from enjoying sports as much as you might otherwise.

slpybear the bullfan
10-08-2010, 04:05 PM

Where did I ever say I was anyone's No. 1 Rangers Fan? The sig still says BOSOX. But, heaven forbid, I also have a second team that I root for...

How many Ranger's games did you go to this year Keith? (When you weren't being a Douche and dragging everyone down around you...)

Old Tiger
10-08-2010, 04:07 PM
red socks fans can suck it

slpybear the bullfan
10-08-2010, 04:15 PM

I really doubt it.

Give me a break... Hooray for you and your lifetime of Ranger fandom. Hooray for you also and your philosophy that you can only root for one team. Period. End of story.

I suddenly feel so much lesser than you. I will immediately go and throw away all of the Rangers shirts, hats, and souvenirs that I have accumulated since 1976. I will try and erase from my memory all those games I attended at Turnpike Stadium and at the Ballpark. I will even go take away all the Jr Rangers stuff my kids have collected.

I will also dispose of my little league hat that says Red Sox on it, my many BOSOX shirts and hats, my memories of wins and losses of the Sox in Arlington that I watched, and all the pictures from a once in a lifetime trip to Fenway.

:rolleyes:

Get real. You are the type of fan that wears a "loyalty" chip on one shoulder and "lifetime fan" chip on the other, then goes around bumping into everyone hoping one will get knocked off. That way you can tell everyone about your many years of "perceived" suffering and loyalty make you better than them. (Regardless of what you REALLY know about them).

Have fun with that Keithy... I'll bet your the life of the party.

slpybear the bullfan
10-08-2010, 04:18 PM

ROFLMAO... I missed this one.

Not even gonna bother answering that one. Cept to say I never do the claw, though I did pick up a Claw and Antler shirt for my sister, BullsFan when me and the missus went to our last Rangers game this year.

slpybear the bullfan
10-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
red socks fans can suck it

:inlove:

BullsFan
10-08-2010, 04:47 PM
just read what he posted above

"Go SOX forever"

apparently not.. it's more like "Go SOX until the Rangers do something good"

Do you really find it that incomprehensible that someone can like two teams? Do you not understand that it's possible to have a primary team which is your MAIN team and other teams that you like and support? Ten bucks says slpy has been to more Rangers games than you have this year. He's been to more games than I have, and I am a lifetime Rangers fan. I was there at opening day and have the poster to prove it. I was there opening night. During the years I lived in Fort Worth I had mini-season passes. I was there when Kenny Rogers pitched a perfect game. I volunteered there during the All-Star game and the playoffs. And you know what? I can do all that and still be okay with people other than me cheering for them. I don't consider myself the Fan Police, and other people don't have to ask my permission to root for them. And as far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier.

And the good news is that during all the time when I've cheered for the Red Sox as well, not one BoSox fan has ever told me I couldn't do it because I cheer for the Rangers first. For the most part I think you're funny, Keith7, and I've even agreed with you on some unpopular issues. But I really think you've taken a wrong turn on this one. You remind me of some people I know that are so violently against a certain school in Texas that they've just about turned me against the school they root for, and that was a school I've always liked.

By the way, slpy, thanks again for picking up that claw and antlers shirt for me. I wore it yesterday with pride, and will wear it just as happily tomorrow.

Go RANGERS!!!

Maroon87
10-08-2010, 04:49 PM
(When you weren't being a Douche and dragging everyone down around you...)

That's just plain old down home awesome...

Keith7
10-08-2010, 04:52 PM
If you are a "die-hard, lifelong" Red Sox fan, that means you live and die with the Red Sox.. Not pick up another team when they are out of it and pretend to be their greatest fans ever.

It doesn't get anymore simple than that.. You can write all the long posts you want but in the end you're not fooling anybody.

By the way, I went to five Rangers games (one was in Houston) despite living 300+ miles from the ballpark.. Add to that 20+ games every year since I was in elementry school and I think I have a right to be a "loyal Ranger fan with a chip on my shoulder"

Red Sox fans have bombarded the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington since they became relavent again and it has always made me sick, now to see them turn to Rangers fans once they start winning only makes me sicker..

Keith7
10-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
That's just plain old down home awesome...

it would be if that "d" word wasn't against the rules or if it was original :doh:

BullsFan
10-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Whatever. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder about this, and no amount of REASON or LOGIC is going to convince you. If you were the Fan Nazi you like to think you are, your opinion would count for...well, more than it does.

But for the record, Red Sox fans have always bombarded the Ballpark whenever Boston came to play. As a lifelong Rangers fan, I would have thought you'd have known it. Same thing with the Yankees--fans come out of the woodwork whenever they're in town. I always thought the most obnoxious fans were actually the White Sox fans, but that might just be because of the White Sox fan who spilled beer down my back. Who would have thought in the long run it'd actually be a Rangers fan who'd suck the life out this thread?

Keith7
10-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Whatever. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder about this, and no amount of REASON or LOGIC is going to convince you. If you were the Fan Nazi you like to think you are, your opinion would count for...well, more than it does.

But for the record, Red Sox fans have always bombarded the Ballpark whenever Boston came to play. As a lifelong Rangers fan, I would have thought you'd have known it. Same thing with the Yankees--fans come out of the woodwork whenever they're in town. I always thought the most obnoxious fans were actually the White Sox fans, but that might just be because of the White Sox fan who spilled beer down my back. Who would have thought in the long run it'd actually be a Rangers fan who'd suck the life out this thread?

Nope, I went to games throughout the '90's and can't remember a time when Red Sox fans would attend like they did in the mid-2000s..

And to be clear, I'm a huge baseball fan but refused to watch this documentary or the Yankee one because I don't want to give the ESPN the satisfaction of having my ratings from their east-coast bias non-sense..

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Nope, I went to games throughout the '90's and can't remember a time when Red Sox fans would attend like they did in the mid-2000s..

And to be clear, I'm a huge baseball fan but refused to watch this documentary or the Yankee one because I don't want to give the ESPN the satisfaction of having my ratings from their east-coast bias non-sense..

I have been going to Ranger games since my first one back in 86..Fans of teams like the Yanks, Red Sox, Tigers( yep even Tigers lol) have always came out in droves when there team comes to town...not all are bandwagon..most are transplants or 2nd generation transplants.

And the Documentary is far to good IMO to care about a stupid East Coast Bias belief

BullsFan
10-08-2010, 05:12 PM

But you're not really a baseball fan, are you? You're just a Rangers fan. If you were a fan of the game and not just the franchise, you'd understand that the Red Sox and the White Sox and the Dodgers and even the hated Yankees have a history and tradition in baseball that the Rangers don't (yet). I'm not really a fan of baseball so much as I am a fan of the Rangers, but I can acknowledge that in a game as old and storied as baseball, the Rangers are still in some ways the new kids on the block. Or at least the lowly freshman, if not really the 'new kids'.

And I will have to respectfully disagree about the presence of the Red Sox fans at the Ballpark. Maybe it's because I always had nosebleed seats, but I always believed there were tons of BoSox fans when the Sox came to town. And I started going regularly when the Ballpark opened.

BaseballUmp
10-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Where did I ever say I was anyone's No. 1 Rangers Fan? The sig still says BOSOX. But, heaven forbid, I also have a second team that I root for...

How many Ranger's games did you go to this year Keith? (When you weren't being a Douche and dragging everyone down around you...) Did a mod just call Keith7 a douche???

Keith7
10-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
But you're not really a baseball fan, are you? You're just a Rangers fan. If you were a fan of the game and not just the franchise, you'd understand that the Red Sox and the White Sox and the Dodgers and even the hated Yankees have a history and tradition in baseball that the Rangers don't (yet). I'm not really a fan of baseball so much as I am a fan of the Rangers, but I can acknowledge that in a game as old and storied as baseball, the Rangers are still in some ways the new kids on the block. Or at least the lowly freshman, if not really the 'new kids'.

And I will have to respectfully disagree about the presence of the Red Sox fans at the Ballpark. Maybe it's because I always had nosebleed seats, but I always believed there were tons of BoSox fans when the Sox came to town. And I started going regularly when the Ballpark opened.

Rangers have a history.. sure maybe it's not as storied as most but it goes back to the days of David Clyde, Ted Williams and Bobby Bonds. Carried on to the days of Jim Sundberg, Ferguson Jenkins and Toby Harrah. Passed through the era of the opening of the new ball park, Nolan Ryan, Juan Gonzalez and Pudge Rodriguez. Then you got your A-Rod / Mark Teixiera BS era and now on to the Michael Young and company era..

You don't have to win championships to have a history (just ask the Red Sox)..

I respect the other teams' histories you alluded to also but when a station pretends that there are only two teams in the entire league, I'm going to boycott.

Keith7
10-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Did a mod just call Keith7 a douche???

I know.. tsk tsk tsk, that word isn't supposed to be allowed on here :doh:

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2010, 05:33 PM
It is sad people feel they need to define ANOTHER PERSON's fandom.

I know as a "life long" Ranger fan I want a ton of bandwagon fans, because it means Texas is doing something right and getting attention and Titles!

BullsFan
10-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Rangers have a history.. sure maybe it's not as storied as most but it goes back to the days of David Clyde, Ted Williams and Bobby Bonds. Carried on to the days of Jim Sundberg, Ferguson Jenkins and Toby Harrah. Passed through the era of the opening of the new ball park, Nolan Ryan, Juan Gonzalez and Pudge Rodriguez. Then you got your A-Rod / Mark Teixiera BS era and now on to the Michael Young and company era..

You don't have to win championships to have a history (just ask the Red Sox)..

I respect the other teams' histories you alluded to also but when a station pretends that there are only two teams in the entire league, I'm going to boycott.

The Rangers have a history, but it doesn't go back as far or include as much as some of the older teams. But yes, you're right, there is a lot there. I don't agree with your boycott because I think there is an element there between the Red Sox and the Yankees that isn't there with the other teams. I think if you go back further there's that same spark between the Dodgers and the Yankees. It doesn't make the other teams any less to acknowledge it IMO.

But I guess so far as the rest is concerned, what I mainly don't understand is why you feel the need to dog someone else the way you do. Even if slpy was a bandwagon fan--which he isn't--what harm does it do? It's no skin off your nose, and it doesn't demean your own Exalted Fan Status, so why do you get so enraged about it?