PDA

View Full Version : Baylor guard Dunn suspended from team after arrest

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2010, 04:21 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkc/men/7232921.html

WACO — Baylor indefinitely suspended leading scorer LaceDarius Dunn on Tuesday after he surrendered to police to face an aggravated assault charge accusing him of breaking his girlfriend’s jaw during an argument last week.

According to Waco police, officers were called to Hillcrest Hospital on Sept. 27 to investigate an assault on Lacharlesia Edwards, 21, who had a broken jaw.

Police said Edwards and Dunn, identified as her boyfriend, had gotten into an argument and that Dunn punched her in the face. She went to the hospital to seek treatment.

Bears coach Scott Drew said Dunn, a senior guard, “has been indefinitely suspended from all team activities.”

Baylor said in a release that the university was working to gather facts and was fully cooperating with authorities. The school said there would be no further comment.

Dunn’s attorney had no immediate comment.

Dunn averaged 19.6 points and 4.8 rebounds last season when Baylor set a school record with 28 victories and got within one win of making its first NCAA Final Four appearance in 60 years.

Daddy D 11
10-05-2010, 04:21 PM
very very bad

BaseballUmp
10-05-2010, 04:26 PM
This kind of crap pisses me off. Ought to spend a while in jail over some crap like that.

BEAST
10-05-2010, 04:35 PM
I dont know why this kind of crap even surprises us anymore. Whats worse, he'll do no time. Probation at the most, and he'll be in the NBA next draft.

BEAST

Ranger Mom
10-05-2010, 04:41 PM
So now the girls dad is saying it was all a mistake..she snuck up on him and he struck blindly.......link (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/10/baylors-lacedarius-dunn-suspended-indefinitely-after-arrest/1#uslPageReturn)

BaseballUmp
10-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So now the girls dad is saying it was all a mistake..she snuck up on him and he struck blindly.......link (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/10/baylors-lacedarius-dunn-suspended-indefinitely-after-arrest/1#uslPageReturn)

And now everything will be "better" :hand:

BaseballUmp
10-05-2010, 04:45 PM
If that dad had a pair this kid wouldn't make it much longer.

Global Swarming
10-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Don't worry this will get swept under the rug and I'm sure that he'll find his way back onto the team come November. They can't win much without him. I'm sure that Drew is hoping that the cops didn't read him his miranda rights or that some other technicality occured so that it would justify reinstating him. Baylor sure can recruit some thugs.

Global Swarming
10-05-2010, 04:53 PM

They'll probably write a fat check to the dad to persuade his daughter not to press charges. It's obvious the man doesn't care enough about his daughter to throw that thug in jail where he belongs.

Daddy D 11
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Don't worry this will get swept under the rug and I'm sure that he'll find his way back onto the team come November. They can't win much without him. I'm sure that Drew is hoping that the cops didn't read him his miranda rights or that some other technicality occured so that it would justify reinstating him. Baylor sure can recruit some thugs.

Yeah and no other school in the country ever has any run ins with police.

Under Drew, Baylor has been clean as a whistle (until now of course).

Daddy D 11
They'll probably write a fat check to the dad to persuade his daughter not to press charges. It's obvious the man doesn't care enough about his daughter to throw that thug in jail where he belongs.

Well we found the racist on the board:clap:

BaseballUmp
10-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Not sure it would be racist to say what he said. If a kid hit my daughter I would call him everything under the sun including a thug.

Global Swarming
10-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm sure that alot of schools has had some problems with athletes. That's not even the point. The point is that any man that hits a woman is gutless in my opinion. Anyone on any team in the country that does something like that should be kicked out of school and not get a slap on the wrist which is probably what will happen.

Daddy D 11
10-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Not sure it would be racist to say what he said. If a kid hit my daughter I would call him everything under the sun including a thug.

I fully understand that. However, his back to back comments imply that his terms of being a thug fall along racial lines as well. There is no need to make generalities and stereotypes towards a school or a specific team for one persons mistake. Specially when that sort of mistake is sadly made quite frequently across the entire country.

I think it's ridiculous what he did, and I don't expect him to come back to the team at all. I find it even more shocking that her father would say it was an accident? If it was an accident then why did he turn himself in? How in the hell do you break someones jaw by accident??

Global Swarming
10-05-2010, 05:03 PM

I'm sorry that you feel that way Daddy. I don't recall making any references to race or anything else in my comments. Anyone that beats up on women are thugs plain and simple and he does belong in jail. What if it were your daughter God forbid? I am sorry that you think that I'm a racist.

Gobbler Fan
10-05-2010, 05:08 PM
If that was my Daughter he punched jail would be the safest place for him ...just sayin' :tisk:

Daddy D 11
10-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm sorry that you feel that way Daddy. I don't recall making any references to race or anything else in my comments. Anyone that beats up on women are thugs plain and simple and he does belong in jail. What if it were your daughter God forbid? I am sorry that you think that I'm a racist.

I understand what should be done to him and what punishments he should face, and I agree with you on that. But in 99% of cases, specially in Texas and specially on this board you can make the assumption that when a poster (probably a white male) is making a comment about a young black athlete and uses "thug" he is most likely judging him not only by his actions but by his skin color.
What if Garrett Gilbert did the exact same thing? What would you say? You would probably feel the same way about what should be done to him to punish him. But would you say "throw that thug in jail where he belongs?" I bet you would say, "Man, he seems like such a great kid and he made such a horrible mistake, thats too bad, he's definitely going to have to pay for his consequences now and there's no way Mack should let him back on the team."

Throwing in thug, and then referring to other "thugs" in the programs past, who also happened to be African American is definitely drawing and/or implying onto racial lines. You have zero prior knowledge of knowing if LaceDunn is just as "great" as a kid as any other model student athlete across the country who might have just made ONE very bad mistake.

Deuce
10-05-2010, 05:18 PM
I call alot of white kids thugs, and I am white!

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I understand what should be done to him and what punishments he should face, and I agree with you on that. But in 99% of cases, specially in Texas and specially on this board you can make the assumption that when a poster (probably a white male) is making a comment about a young black athlete and uses "thug" he is most likely judging him not only by his actions but by his skin color.
What if Garrett Gilbert did the exact same thing? What would you say? You would probably feel the same way about what should be done to him to punish him. But would you say "throw that thug in jail where he belongs?" I bet you would say, "Man, he seems like such a great kid and he made such a horrible mistake, thats too bad, he's definitely going to have to pay for his consequences now and there's no way Mack should let him back on the team."

Throwing in thug, and then referring to other "thugs" in the programs past, who also happened to be African American is definitely drawing and/or implying onto racial lines. You have zero prior knowledge of knowing if LaceDunn is just as "great" as a kid as any other model student athlete across the country who might have just made ONE very bad mistake.

Very well said. I could not have said it any better.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2010, 09:50 PM

I'm sorry, but that is one of the most ridiculous accusations I have ever read.

A thug is a thug is a thug. A thug has no specific "race".

When I first read what you wrote, I had to go back and look what you were referring to because I hadn't read anything that I felt was remotely racial in anything on this thread.

After I reread it, I still didn't see anything remotely racial!!

skins4life
10-05-2010, 10:09 PM
You're right about the thug is a thug is a thug and the color of a person's skin hasn't got a dang thing to do with it!!! :mad: :mad:

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM

When I first read what you wrote, I had to go back and look what you were referring to because I hadn't read anything that I felt was remotely racial in anything on this thread.

He is not saying a thug is only black..he is saying when people use the word thug it is 99.5 % of the time it is a black person they are referring to, and I agree.

I cannot remember a time someone saying a white athlete in trouble was a thug.

BEAST
10-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm with Swarming. Anyone who does this, (if it was on purpose) is a thug, no matter the color of skin. People are to sensitive, a lot of pro and NCAA athletes shouldve been booted over the years for being a thug. Sadly, it's all about the Benjamins.

BEAST

OldNavy
10-05-2010, 11:06 PM
The definition from the Free Merriam- Webster Dictionary is:

Definition of THUG
: a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster, tough
— thug·gery\ˈthə-g(ə-)rē\ noun
— thug·gish\ˈthə-gish\ adjective
Examples of THUG

1. He was beaten and robbed by street thugs.
2. <the Mob boss regularly sent his thugs after people who were slow to pay their debts>

Origin of THUG
Hindi & Urdu ṭhag, literally, thief
First Known Use: 1810

I had no idea this was a racial term and if it is, how did it become one?

Daddy D 11
10-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
The definition from the Free Merriam- Webster Dictionary is:

Definition of THUG
: a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster, tough
— thug·gery\ˈthə-g(ə-)rē\ noun
— thug·gish\ˈthə-gish\ adjective
Examples of THUG

1. He was beaten and robbed by street thugs.
2. <the Mob boss regularly sent his thugs after people who were slow to pay their debts>

Origin of THUG
Hindi & Urdu ṭhag, literally, thief
First Known Use: 1810

I had no idea this was a racial term and if it is, how did it become one?

If you think that "thug" has no racial implications about it than you live in a very "idealistic" world with an oblivious mentality.

Ranger mom, please re-read what I said. You too OldNavy. I never said a thug has a specific race. I said that he was implying race to the word "thug" in the context that he used it in. Then I used an example that I felt accurately describes exactly what he was doing and what most do in our society.

Broadcaster is the only one that understood what I was saying, thank you.

OldNavy
10-05-2010, 11:57 PM
I understand what should be done to him and what punishments he should face, and I agree with you on that. But in 99% of cases, specially in Texas and specially on this board you can make the assumption that when a poster (probably a white male) is making a comment about a young black athlete and uses "thug" he is most likely judging him not only by his actions but by his skin color....

This it the part that troubled me. It appeared to me, and I will grant you that I probably do live in a very "idealistic" world with an oblivious mentality, that you were saying that 99% of the white male posters on this board who are from Texas judge not only by actions but by skin color.

That statement seemed way too broad and unfairly indited all but 1 % of the white males on this board and perhaps in the state of Texas. Because, as you say I live in an idealistic world, I have a tendency to look for the good in people rather than the dirt. Consequently, I simply don't find as much dirt. Perhaps I need to dig deeper.

I just don't agree with your premise.

Old Tiger
10-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Was it a reverse oreo?

turbostud
10-06-2010, 12:26 AM
has the word "punk" been co-opted yet? Or is it still available for everyday use?

BaseballUmp
10-06-2010, 12:40 AM
What about "Hooligan"?

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by OldNavy
This it the part that troubled me. It appeared to me, and I will grant you that I probably do live in a very "idealistic" world with an oblivious mentality, that you were saying that 99% of the white male posters on this board who are from Texas judge not only by actions but by skin color.

You don't agree with my premise because you still are not reading what I actually said. I said in cases where white males are referring to young black males and they are using the word thug they are in almost every case drawing their assumptions along racial lines. My comment was not as broad as you are saying considering I used a specific example. That is the opposite of broad. To everyone that misread my comment, please re read it. I never said thug is a racist comment, I said when used in the context that swarming used it he is implying racial lines. Which is exactly what I have already said. Don't draw any thing else from it. I noticed swarming hasn't touched this anymore since I said that because he knows I nabbed him for what he was implying/saying.

My Gilbert example is a perfect example. Please, everyone, go re read it so you all can fully understand exactly what it is I am saying.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
He is not saying a thug is only black..he is saying when people use the word thug it is 99.5 % of the time it is a black person they are referring to, and I agree.

I cannot remember a time someone saying a white athlete in trouble was a thug.

Why is he the only one that has understood it so far?

Old Tiger
10-06-2010, 01:21 AM
When white people mess up in the news no one calls them thugs on here, fact. I did a quick search using 3ADL search feature and this was my search topic "roethlisberger thug."

It yielded this result:

vBulletin vBulletin Message
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Global Swarming
10-06-2010, 06:48 AM
All I know is that anyone who has to beat on a woman to feel more like a man regardless of race is a thug, plain and simple. Y'all can think what you want about me. I don't have any problem calling anyone a thug if the situation calls for it. No matter who they are.

SWMustang
10-06-2010, 07:30 AM

You're from a different era is my guess. We've all been bombarded with the message that racism is everywhere and it's everyone's job to stamp it out. That leads to looking for it very hard and even manufacturing it if need be.

Even though the guy broke his girlfriend's jaw, the perceived "racism" was more offensive to some.

Global Swarming
10-06-2010, 08:30 AM
You're right on SWMustang. Haven't heard hardly anyone talking about the cowardly act that was commited against the girl. They are just looking to turn everything into a racial issue. I don't base my opinions on race. I base my opinions on the act that was commited against another person. Thugs are anyone who does these kinds of things against other people.

Global Swarming
10-06-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm done posting on this issue. I've said my peace and now on to other things. Those of you who think that I'm racist have alot more issues that I do. I grew up with black kids and have spent the night with them on the weekends and them with me. They would call my mom mom. I give my friend's mom a hug and a kiss everytime that I see her. If I'm a racist, then I'm very bad at it. So draw your own conclusions about me. I know the truth and that's all that matters to me.

RoyceTTU
10-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Sooo........Does this mean Tech has a chance??????:doh: :doh: :doh:

Ranger Mom
10-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
has the word "punk" been co-opted yet? Or is it still available for everyday use?

I guess it depends on what context you use....punk has an entirely different meaning in prison!!:eek: :eek:

I referred to a white kid as a "thug" this past weekend, so I dunno, I don't guess I even know what I am talking about!!:crazy1:

OldNavy
10-06-2010, 09:21 AM
You don't agree with my premise because you still are not reading what I actually said. I said in cases where white males are referring to young black males and they are using the word thug they are in almost every case drawing their assumptions along racial lines.....

I read and quoted what you said, and I read and quoted this. I don't agree with you. I think that more than 1% of white males would also rather be judged by the content of their character than by the color of their skin.

It is a reach to label any white mail as racist, if he calls a young black mail who broke his girlfriend's jaw a thug. If thug is not a racist word as you say, then labeling the user of that word as racist because of their skin color seems wrong.

Txbroadcaster
10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
I still think people are not getting the idea..it is NOT the fact that someone calls a thug means they are racisit..it is the fact THAT word more times than not is meant to a black person who has broken the law/done something wrong

I have yet to hear anyone call Big Ben a thug for what he did yet i have heard the thug word thrown around for someone like TO or Ocho Cinco for doing really nothign wrong.

Search thug on here..more times than not it is a black person the word is being thrown around about.

jason
10-06-2010, 09:31 AM

Search thug on here..more times than not it is a black person the word is being thrown around about. if the shoe fits...

Txbroadcaster
10-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by jason
if the shoe fits...

wow

SWMustang
10-06-2010, 09:37 AM
I still think people are not getting the idea..it is NOT the fact that someone calls a thug means they are racisit..it is the fact THAT word more times than not is meant to a black person who has broken the law/done something wrong

I have yet to hear anyone call Big Ben a thug for what he did yet i have heard the thug word thrown around for someone like TO or Ocho Cinco for doing really nothign wrong.

Search thug on here..more times than not it is a black person the word is being thrown around about.

So do you have a problem with the word Thug? What word is more appropriate for his actions?

DDBooger
10-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
So do you have a problem with the word Thug? What word is more appropriate for his actions? Just off the cuff, criminal?

Txbroadcaster
10-06-2010, 09:39 AM
So do you have a problem with the word Thug? What word is more appropriate for his actions?

nope not at all except when the word is thrown around about any black sports star( in this context) that does not fit this mold of what people want...Someone like TO is NOT a thug..someone like Big Ben IMO is a thug.

SWMustang
10-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by jason
if the shoe fits...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/pattonwb/sw50sw8sw578.gif

eagles_victory
10-06-2010, 09:47 AM
If it was my daughter Dunn would be out for the season one way or another.

SWMustang
10-06-2010, 09:49 AM
nope not at all except when the word is thrown around about any black sports star( in this context) that does not fit this mold of what people want...Someone like TO is NOT a thug..someone like Big Ben IMO is a thug.

we're not talking about TO - we're talking about the guy who broke his girlfriends jaw. You wouldn't call him a thug?

Buckeye1980
10-06-2010, 11:49 AM

Whe I mention the "thugs in past" in the Baylor program, I would also be including a former coach, who was white.....sorry, but I do not understand why you brought race into the post when NOBODY had mentioned race.

44INAROW
10-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Whe I mention the "thugs in past" in the Baylor program, I would also be including a former coach, who was white.....sorry, but I do not understand why you brought race into the post when NOBODY had mentioned race.
;)

PPSTATEBOUND
10-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
When white people mess up in the news no one calls them thugs on here, fact. I did a quick search using 3ADL search feature and this was my search topic "roethlisberger thug."

It yielded this result:

I'm a white male I grew up along the Texas coast, and went to school in Texas City and La Marque...Only when I moved to Nocona in the 10 grade did I here the word THUG for the first time...and if anyone has ever been to Nocona you know they were not stereotyping anyone but the white "thuggish" man/kid, that acts like a thug, looks like a thug and is a thug. If he's a black man that acts like a thug then one should beable to be called a thug by whomever whithout the word racist being cried aloud by a third party. I had no idea this man was black until the accuser of racism mentioned it.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2010, 12:40 PM
The bottom line: A thug is a thug, a criminal is a crimanal, a theif is a theif, etc. There is no certain color when it comes to words used to describe (adjectives) ones behavior or character. On the other hand, I believe that one's own view of others plays a huge role as to how others are preceived. We have to face that we are all guilty of having our own -ISM's... Racism, sexism, etc. It's just human nature. For the most part, those ism's are not thought out. They just come to our minds without thinking because it is who we are.

Globalwarming didn't mean anything by what he said. And, I completely understand everyone else's views.

DaHop72
10-06-2010, 12:45 PM

It yielded this result:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. Roesthlisberger doesn't deserve to be listed as a thug. He' nothing more than a low life degenerate.:mad: :mad:

sahen
10-06-2010, 01:33 PM
this situation is really weird (thug argument withstanding, the actual situation)....

in one corner you have the law with an affadavit that says she had a jaw broken in two places that required 2 plates and some pins to replace

in the other you have the girl and her dad saying her jaw isn't even broke and she is fine, just a bunch of misinformation from the media...

eventually i'd guess this problem will be easy to sort out (if the jaw is broke then the police are right, if it isn't and they made that stuff up then the girlfriend and dad are right), if Lace hit the girl out of anger then he shouldn't be playing basketball for us or atleast have a lengthy suspension, my guess is Drew kicks him off the team....if it comes out that the girls story is true and her jaw isn't broken and he hit her cause she scared him then it will be sad for Lace because he will forever be labeled a woman beater even if he isnt...

honestly, im thinking most likely he hit the girl out of anger and he will be gone for good, sometimes the police mess up but this seems to me to be too big of a mess up for them to have and would border on a flat out lie esp with the pins and plates part of the story added in...the precedent at other schools is actually just a suspension (just the other day a UNLV kid got 3 games for choking his girlfriend which is a joke) but due to our recent history before Drew Baylor can't afford to have itself labeled as a bunch of woman beaters, problem kids, "thugs", etc...i think most of the Baylor fan base is behind that reasoning as well, we have come too far since the murder to have this kind of stuff going on with our team....the least i expect to see is for him to be suspended half the season, but i fully expect to not see Dunn in a Baylor uniform again, which is really sad for a kid to throw that away with the promise he had and it is dispicable if he truely did hit what amounts to his common law wife and mother of his child...

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 05:12 PM

THAT IS ALL I WAS TRYING TO GET ACROSS.

I am shocked all you other idiots can't figure that out.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980

Once again, twice in the context that he used the worth "thug" he was implying racial lines. That is all I was saying. Then I used a specific example that for some reason only Old Tiger and Broadcaster has understood. I never said if you use the word "thug" you are racist. I said that VERY commonly it is sadly used in that context. I used the specific Gilbert instance to show that in SO MANY cases, the word thug is easily thrown towards black males more so than white males.

Just like the Ben Rothlesburger argument. I never said "oh white people think white people should get off the hook for committing the same crimes". I simply said in almost every case when a white male uses the word thug he is referring to a black male, not a white male and is thus drawing and/or implying along racial lines. I'm starting to figure out that some people on here's analytical reading and comprehension skills are way below par lol If this is over your head and you can't grasp the specific claims and examples I was making than I apologize.

OLE'BULL
10-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Cannot believe this thread is still going

ronwx5x
10-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Cannot believe this thread is still going

Yes, where is our self-appointed 3ADownlow conscience and nag?

44INAROW
10-06-2010, 06:12 PM
THAT IS ALL I WAS TRYING TO GET ACROSS.

I am shocked all you other idiots can't figure that out.
let me get this in my thick skull..... if someone doesn't agree with you, they are an idiot? don't even pretend to think you know what I or anyone else means when (if) we say the word THUG.. I never even thought about race until you brought it up. :hand:

ronwx5x
10-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
let me get this in my thick skull..... if someone doesn't agree with you, they are an idiot? don't even pretend to think you know what I or anyone else means when (if) we say the word THUG.. I never even thought about race until you brought it up. :hand:

I actually looked up "Thug" in several dictionaries including slang dictionaries. Almost all of them referenced bandits in India. None of them referenced any race. One did describe "gangsta" language but again with no reference to race. But then, I'm not up to speed on current usage I suppose. I never thought about it when I read the post.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I actually looked up "Thug" in several dictionaries including slang dictionaries. Almost all of them referenced bandits in India. None of them referenced any race. One did describe "gangsta" language but again with no reference to race. But then, I'm not up to speed on current usage I suppose. I never thought about it when I read the post.

I never said the word thug has a definition that is along racial lines. I said it is commonly used in a context that implies race as a factor. I have never, ever once said that the definition of thug has racial implications. I said it is frequently used by whites in a racial context though.

Yes I brought it up in relation to swarmings post but I made it crystal clear afterwards that I am speaking in general and used a specific example to explain that to you guys.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

I never said you are idiots for not agreeing with me nor did I imply it. I said almost every single person has misread and misinterpreted what exactly I am trying to get across. I'm done repeating myself though. I can't make people actually read what I am saying and comprehend it in the obvious manner I am presenting it. Everyone person that's taken a shot at my statement has severely missed on what exactly I was even saying. If you are going to take shots, at least have the mental capacity to read what exactly I was stating, so that you understand my argument. Without that, we cannot even have a conversation discussing the matter.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 08:51 PM

It yielded this result:

DING DING DING

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 08:52 PM

Here's another diamond in the rough!

Deuce
10-06-2010, 09:01 PM
BIG BEN IS A THUG AS WELL!

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
BIG BEN IS A THUG AS WELL!

LOL that a boy:clap:

Yoe_09
10-06-2010, 09:04 PM
It's just another crime in Waco....happens quite often.

If what was said really happened then he needs to be suspended for a lengthy period of time imo.

Global Swarming
10-06-2010, 09:14 PM
All I have to say about the matter is that the word thug is in reference to a particular person and not a race. That being said, I think that Dunn is a thug. Just like any man that hits a woman white, black, hispanic, oriental etc. is. You can make a racial argument out of it if you wish. You are the only person on here that I have seen turn it into a racial matter. Anyone who knows me or has seen my posts on this sight can never say that I have made any racial remarks pertaining to any post. At least I'm not the one on here alienating everyone who doesn't agree with you by calling them idiots. Who is the racist on this board? All you have to do sir is look in the mirror and you will see him. I can almost bet that if it was your daughter that he hit, thug would be at the very bottom of the list of the names that you would call him. Everyone knows that idiot is a derrogatory term for caucasians who disagree with you.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09

If what was said really happened then he needs to be suspended for a lengthy period of time imo.

Completely agree.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 09:31 PM
All I have to say about the matter is that the word thug is in reference to a particular person and not a race. That being said, I think that Dunn is a thug. Just like any man that hits a woman white, black, hispanic, oriental etc. is. You can make a racial argument out of it if you wish. You are the only person on here that I have seen turn it into a racial matter. Anyone who knows me or has seen my posts on this sight can never say that I have made any racial remarks pertaining to any post. At least I'm not the one on here alienating everyone who doesn't agree with you by calling them idiots. Who is the racist on this board? All you have to do sir is look in the mirror and you will see him. I can almost bet that if it was your daughter that he hit, thug would be at the very bottom of the list of the names that you would call him. Everyone knows that idiot is a derrogatory term for caucasians who disagree with you.

Lol wait, what? I'm racist?

My comment about you specifically being a racist was overreactive. My bone to pick was not with you, but with the comment you made and the context that you happened to have used "thug". It is definitely used in the manner that I have mentioned in society.

I feel like some are actually taking what I have said as me saying Dunn shouldn't be punished when I have said nothing of the sort. And if you can't tell, the beef of my argument has been the context that THUG is commonly used. I haven't continued to harp on your specific comment as you being racist, and I am sorry for it coming across like that. I was just bringing to light a very common thing that occurs that I felt you yourself used as well.

I have NEVER alienated anyone for disagreeing with me. I have only alienated people that continue to not read what I have said! Everyone minus a small handful has COMPLETELY MISREAD what it is I actually said!! That is what has made me angry, that people don't have the mental capacity or the self discipline to actually read what I have said and analyze it in the manner that it is obviously presented to them. Do you understand what I am saying? Disagreeing with what I have to say is perfectly fine. Not even being able to grasp the point I am making, but still replying with ridiculously retarded comments and misinterpreting what it is I am saying is what I have a problem with. Specially when I have repeated it multiple times and quoted the few individuals that have properly understood the point I am trying to get across.

turbostud
10-06-2010, 09:46 PM
It's all about marketing, and Tupac agrees.

http://www.poster.net/tupac/tupac-thug-life-4900917.jpg

SWMustang
10-06-2010, 10:50 PM

My comment about you specifically being a racist was overreactive. My bone to pick was not with you, but with the comment you made and the context that you happened to have used "thug". It is definitely used in the manner that I have mentioned in society.

I feel like some are actually taking what I have said as me saying Dunn shouldn't be punished when I have said nothing of the sort. And if you can't tell, the beef of my argument has been the context that THUG is commonly used. I haven't continued to harp on your specific comment as you being racist, and I am sorry for it coming across like that. I was just bringing to light a very common thing that occurs that I felt you yourself used as well.

I have NEVER alienated anyone for disagreeing with me. I have only alienated people that continue to not read what I have said! Everyone minus a small handful has COMPLETELY MISREAD what it is I actually said!! That is what has made me angry, that people don't have the mental capacity or the self discipline to actually read what I have said and analyze it in the manner that it is obviously presented to them. Do you understand what I am saying? Disagreeing with what I have to say is perfectly fine. Not even being able to grasp the point I am making, but still replying with ridiculously retarded comments and misinterpreting what it is I am saying is what I have a problem with. Specially when I have repeated it multiple times and quoted the few individuals that have properly understood the point I am trying to get across.

I thought I read you calling global swarm a racist because he called the guy a thug? I'm pretty sure that's what I read. I don't think I misread anything. I hope the next time you pull on that race card, you think long and hard about throwing it down. I'm sure you're a nice guy but that made you look like a tool.

OldNavy
10-06-2010, 11:04 PM

My comment about you specifically being a racist was overreactive....

Thank you. That, in my idiot, idealistic, oblivious mentality, was my point!

Daddy D 11
10-06-2010, 11:20 PM
I thought I read you calling global swarm a racist because he called the guy a thug? I'm pretty sure that's what I read. I don't think I misread anything. I hope the next time you pull on that race card, you think long and hard about throwing it down. I'm sure you're a nice guy but that made you look like a tool.

This whole argument stemmed from the other part of my statement, the one about the context "thug" is commonly used in, along racial lines.

I never denied I called him racist. In fact I just stated that that was a bit overreactive and I should've just stuck to shedding light on the fact that "thug" is commonly used in a racial context. Which is what we have all been going back and forth on.

And thanks for the advice LMAO

I should not have pulled the race card on him so quickly, even though I still believe I know exactly the manner that he was using "thug" in. That is neither here nor there though and I was wrong to attack him or a single person when all I intended to do was inform people of a definite problem that clearly some people cannot grasp.

SWMustang
10-07-2010, 12:02 AM

I should not have pulled the race card on him so quickly, even though I still believe I know exactly the manner that he was using "thug" in. That is neither here nor there though and I was wrong to attack him or a single person when all I intended to do was inform people of a definite problem that clearly some people cannot grasp.

I think that's the crux of the problem. You can't climb in someone's head and know exactly what they're thinking or what they really meant.

coach
10-07-2010, 12:31 AM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/pattonwb/sw50sw8sw578.gif

post of the year

Old Tiger
10-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by coach
post of the year everytime I post that it gets deleted magically by fairies

coach
10-07-2010, 12:35 AM
where is phil c to claim this guy is just a victim of society

Global Swarming
10-07-2010, 06:47 AM

That's what I was thinking the other day. It seems that nothing is anyone's fault. It's society's fault that they do what they do.

sahen
10-07-2010, 11:12 AM

not a UT athlete...Klotz did the same thing a couple years back and he got suspended for 4 games by Barnes, if i remember right he never missed a practice as well...he was prolly a victim of society

coach
10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
i remember that pos klotz lol

icu812
10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
It's all about marketing, and Tupac agrees.

http://www.poster.net/tupac/tupac-thug-life-4900917.jpg

:D