Crystal City at Carrizo Springs 7:30pm [projection: Carrizo Springs 24-22]
Pearsall at Lytle 7:30pm [projection: Lytle 28-21]
Devine at Somerset 7:30pm [projection: Somerset 40-27]

3A REGION IV DISTRICT 28
Gonzales at Houston (San Antonio) 7:30pm [projection: Gonzales 28-14]
Pleasanton at Poteet 7:30pm [projection: Pleasanton 28-14]
La Vernia at Yoakum 7:30pm [projection: La Vernia 22-8]

3A REGION IV DISTRICT 29
Needville at Columbia (West Columbia) 7:30pm [projection: Columbia(West Columbia) 28-17]
Wharton at Sweeny 7:30pm [projection: Sweeny 41-21]

3A REGION IV DISTRICT 30
Goliad at Ingleside 7:30pm [projection: Ingleside 34-17]
Aransas Pass at Mathis 7:30pm [projection: Mathis 46-21]
Rockport-Fulton (Rockport) at Sinton 7:30pm [projection: Sinton 24-17]

3A REGION IV DISTRICT 31
Orange Grove at Lyford 7:30pm [projection: Lyford 38-14]
Robstown at West Oso (Corpus Christi) 7:30pm [projection: Robstown 26-8]
Raymondville at Miller (Corpus Christi) 7:00pm [projection: Raymondville 42-8]

3A REGION IV DISTRICT 32
Grulla (Rio Grande City) at La Feria 7:30pm [projection: La Feria 31-20]
Progreso at Rio Hondo 7:30pm [projection: Rio Hondo 28-21]
Port Isabel at Zapata 7:30pm [projection: Zapata 31-24]

MUSTANG69
10-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Do you really think Aransas Pass can score 21 on Mathis? Not questioning your call. I'm just a little surprised. Is Mathis' defense a little suspect?:thinking:

Lake Pirate
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Do you really think Aransas Pass can score 21 on Mathis? Not questioning your call. I'm just a little surprised. Is Mathis' defense a little suspect?:thinking:

Those predictions may have come from Massey Ratings' "Match Up" feature. Mathis has been blowing that thing up all season thus far. Defense suspect? Sure, there's alway room for improvement, but all Mathis has to do is score more points than the other guys, lol, and that they have been doing. Mathis is averaging 54 points per game. Before we go into this "Mathis hasn't played anyone nonsense" let's consider their common opponents.

vs Tuloso

Mathis (w) 29-22
Ingleside (w) 42-14

vs Orange Grove

Rockport (w) 49-6
Mathis (w) 48-12 (in the rain)
Sinton (w) 34-12

vs Zapata

Ingleside (L) 19-26
Mathis (w) 69-20

My prediction: Mathis 60 Aransas Pass 14

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Do you really think Aransas Pass can score 21 on Mathis? Not questioning your call. I'm just a little surprised. Is Mathis' defense a little suspect?:thinking: Butler vs Butler. Aransas Pass William Butler ran for 248 yds against Pleasanton. He also returns kick off and well get several chances as AP defensively well give up alot of tds in this game.

bbfan2010
10-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Wimberley 52-3? Give Bandera a chance

megaman2184
10-05-2010, 08:53 PM
What's up 3A Downlow!

The name is Megaman2184 reporting from Robstown (or Robe) here to give my 2 cents on this weeks games. :) Catch me at all of the Robstown Cottonpicker games this season and looking forward to giving my input on the games. Got a cousin starting for the 'Pickers by the way. I had the chance of meeting SFIA during the Robstown/Mathis baseball playoff game and do communicate on the 3abaseball.com forum. Really enjoyed the youtube videos of the Robstown/Rio Hondo game earlier this season.

Now to the district games. Robstown was consider favorites for 31-3A but I am very curious to know what Lyford and Raymondville have and if their record is legit. To predict Orange Grove beating Lyford would be consider an upset? :thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Hey Megaman, welcome to the 3a downlow. Good to see Robstown support here in these forums.

Lyford had been mostly a passing team but seems they have a good running game also this year and will battle Robstown and Raymondville for the district title. Orange Grove beats Lyford it would be a upset and i dont see it happening. Raymondville is loaded with seniors like Robstown and good speed at their skill position and are legit challenge for Robstown. Robstown will need to avoid the turnover problem they had against Refugio and Sinton to beat Raymondville. keep us updated, there is also another Robstown poster, Be_Advised.

megaman2184
10-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Hey Megaman, welcome to the 3a downlow. Good to see Robstown support here in these forums.

Lyford had been mostly a passing team but seems they have a good running game also this year and will battle Robstown and Raymondville for the district title. Orange Grove beats Lyford it would be a upset and i dont see it happening. Raymondville is loaded with seniors like Robstown and good speed at their skill position and are legit challenge for Robstown. Robstown will need to avoid the turnover problem they had against Refugio and Sinton to beat Raymondville. keep us updated, there is also another Robstown poster, Be_Advised.

Yes those turnover for TD's against Refugio and Sinton were a killer for the Pickers and couldn't have came at a bad time during those games. It also happen early in the Ingleside game but luckily Robstown was able to over come that debacle. Robstown's D has struggle stopping the pass but held their own vs. Ingleside. That McHugh kid was a thorn to the side of Robstown this past friday. For sure I will post updates and would be looking for to meeting Be_Advised during the games.

TxChamp
10-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
Those predictions may have come from Massey Ratings' "Match Up" feature. Mathis has been blowing that thing up all season thus far. Defense suspect? Sure, there's alway room for improvement, but all Mathis has to do is score more points than the other guys, lol, and that they have been doing. Mathis is averaging 54 points per game. Before we go into this "Mathis hasn't played anyone nonsense" let's consider their common opponents.

vs Tuloso

Mathis (w) 29-22
Ingleside (w) 42-14

vs Orange Grove

Rockport (w) 49-6
Mathis (w) 48-12 (in the rain)
Sinton (w) 34-12

vs Zapata

Ingleside (L) 19-26
Mathis (w) 69-20

My prediction: Mathis 60 Aransas Pass 14 Hey Lake Pirate thats more like it LOL!!! 55 to 60 points sounds more like it!! If Mathis is scoring this much during non district opponents I dont even want to imagine what there going to do against there district opponents. But hey thats just my opinion!!! I know that the coaching staff did some scouting on them Stangs but i know they did some self scouting as well. Theres room for improvement on the defensive side and on the offense as well lol!!!

Third
10-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Pearsall's fallen a long way with Lytle favored to win that game. The Pirates are 1-5 but have only scored one TD in their last four games combined.

The Mavericks have to have one of the states worst swings in wins and losses going from 9-2 a year ago to 0-6 this season with the possibility of an 0-10 season.

megaman2184
10-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Third
Pearsall's fallen a long way with Lytle favored to win that game. The Pirates are 1-5 but have only scored one TD in their last four games combined.

The Mavericks have to have one of the states worst swings in wins and losses going from 9-2 a year ago to 0-6 this season with the possibility of an 0-10 season.

Just found out looking at Lyford's schedule, these past 2 weeks they've been open with bye weeks. Talk about knocking off some rust, a 2 week layoff can derail any team so some extent. That game vs. Orange Grove just got interesting.

bulldog82
10-06-2010, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by bbfan2010
Wimberley 52-3? Give Bandera a chance

you'll have to give us 6 we don't have a kicker!

bulldog82
10-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Third

The Mavericks have to have one of the states worst swings in wins and losses going from 9-2 a year ago to 0-6 this season with the possibility of an 0
-10 season.

Bandera could very well be right there with pearsall.

TexanAlum_06
10-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I don't really know how good Bandera is offensively, but I know they have consistently given us problems over the last 5 years and they seem to always play us well. Couple that with the fact that Wimberley is playing without Dennis Smith and I think we sputter a bit offensively in the 1st half. That alone should keep the score down.

What im wondering is if we are going to pound the ball all night trying to get dennis' backup(s) a lot of work, or are we going to take the opportunity to try and develop the passing game? Which up to this point has taken a back burner due to Dennis' success.

It is homecoming and no doubt the Texans will be fired up to play. The defense has been getting better as the season goes along and I think they have one of their best games of the season friday night.

Prediction: Wimberley 31-7