PDA

View Full Version : Note to Graham DL

bearcat1
09-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Just wanted to say how impressed I was with the DL from Graham, and have mentioned them heavily in the Game of the Week write up vs. Alvarado. Anyone from Graham or Alvarado around I hope you will take time to go and read the write up and then report back with your insights. Not often that the lines get a lot of attention but I gotta shout out to those lineman over at Graham. Outstanding.
bc

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited September 08, 2002).]

steer4ever
09-09-2002, 02:48 PM
I have to agree with you about the Graham DE's the were pretty impresive against Sweetwater. The DE that I think that your talking about is Chase Tipton #83, but both he and McDougal (the kicker by the way) did their jobs very well. The rest of the Defense really impressed me, last year Carillo just ran all over them, and he did that alot this year to, but they kept him contained much better. Sorry I sort of get going, and keep right going. But I feel that the Steers Defense doesn't get the credit it deserves, it frequently is overshaddowed by the Offense. I just had to get on here and give this little bit of moment in the light to the D.

VWG
09-09-2002, 10:40 PM
I think Graham's defense is good. They have two stout defensive ends, and their linebacking corps is decent. Their secondary is suspect, though.... and they also will give up big plays. Blown coverages, etc...
For Graham to step up and get out of round 1 of the playoffs they have to improve.
Winning district championships is important, but more important is kicking tail in the playoffs, where it counts. Look at Vernon and Bridgeport out of that district last year.