PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie (2-4) vs. Sweetwater (4-2)

Sweetwater Red
10-04-2010, 07:36 PM
This is one of two district openers for 5-3A. What are your thought and predictions?

IrishTex
10-04-2010, 07:47 PM
OK, let's get this party started! Is it possible the Sweetwater Mustangs break the Wylie hex this year? What say you? Let District play begin!

DaHop72
10-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
This is one of two district openers for 5-3A. What are your thought and predictions? Bulldoags, I love it!:devil: :devil:

DaHop72
10-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Of course, I like puppy dogs and ponies too.:D :D

DalhartAlumni
10-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Wylie by 14

IrishTex
10-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Looks like I posted my thread a minute before the other..lol Guess which one will get merged??

DaHop72
10-04-2010, 07:50 PM
This year's game may be the best chance for Swater to pick off Wylie in a while. If Coach Slaughter continues to mix up his offense where the Mustangs are not predictable this game could be close. :thinking: :thinking: Wylie by 7.

IrishTex
10-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Of course, I was going to try and delete my thread since there is another one, but it won't let me delete it. Oh well, at least there is finally a Sweetwater thread..

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Looks like I posted my thread a minute before the other..lol Guess which one will get merged??
:doh: :doh: 14 minutes later than the other. "Merge" always puts the earliest post as first.

IrishTex
10-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: 14 minutes later than the other. "Merge" always puts the earliest post as first.

Gotcha...thanks

Old LB
10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I wish you boys luck, do not think Wylie will continue to struggle thru district. Wylie wins by 14.

Deuce
10-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Pullin for a Sweetwater victory. Like both schools, but would like to see Brownwood go D1 if possible!:D

Charlie47
10-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Just do it Dawgs! This what you've been waiting for!;)

LE Dad
10-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Gotta say Wylie wins.:clap: :clap:

Good luck to both teams!:D

Emerson1
10-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Sweetwater is slowwwww

WTF-82
10-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Sorry but I just think Wylie will win big Sweetwater struggled with MId Christian defense last week. I do believe they are better but dont think they can win this game I see Wylie start to pick it up there game in District Play itss Wylie. But i will be cheering for the Mustangs this would be big if it were to happen send Shiply to the Div 1 side.

go blue 64
10-05-2010, 04:20 AM
The sleeping giant awakes AW wins.:)

Trashman
10-05-2010, 06:00 AM
I like both teams, but Brownwood really needs for the Painted Ponies to win in order to go Div. I. :D Painted Ponies by 3.;)

Ragin Red
10-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
I like both teams, but Brownwood really needs for the Painted Ponies to win in order to go Div. I. :D Painted Ponies by 3.;)

would like to see Sweetwater win but don't think it will happen. Hey stranger things have happened. Good luck to both teams I'm sure it will be a battle. It's district now and everybody steps up for this...

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Sorry but I just think Wylie will win big Sweetwater struggled with MId Christian defense last week. I do believe they are better but dont think they can win this game I see Wylie start to pick it up there game in District Play itss Wylie. But i will be cheering for the Mustangs this would be big if it were to happen send Shiply to the Div 1 side.

Agreed, not only did they struggle against the Mid Christrian D but Sweetwaters secondary didn't look good at all. There were several long pass plays that Midland was open on that they dropped or it was overthrown that would have gone for 6 easily. Game could have gotten out of hand much earlier.

I think the Bulldogs will exploit this, however my prediction is Sweetwater 21 Wylie 20 ;)

pancho villa
10-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Sweetwater by 35 points. AW is down.

nobogey72
10-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Whoever wins this game will by no means be assured of a playoff spot, but whoever loses it will have "ZERO" chance of making the playoffs.:( Makes it a huge game for both programs this year.

STANG RED
10-05-2010, 09:38 AM
I’m hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. As luck would have it, Wylie looks to have found their legs now, and the boys in RED appear to be showing they're still a season away from competing well with the good teams. At least they got a taste of victory a few times so far this season, which was badly needed. But I'm afraid this district is going to be a hard row to hoe from here on out. I don’t see a weak team on the schedule the rest of the way. I just hope their spirit doesn’t get broken, before what promises to be a very good season next year, and back to their consistent winning ways in the seasons that follow.

RoyceTTU
10-05-2010, 10:18 AM
I think AW has trouble putting this away this week.
My guess is AW will have a few turnovers that keep SW in the game. They will let SW hang around too long and get beat on a last possession comeback.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Sweetwater gets drove.

Sweetwater Red
10-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Whoever wins this game will by no means be assured of a playoff spot, but whoever loses it will have "ZERO" chance of making the playoffs.:( Makes it a huge game for both programs this year.

Remember in '08 when DCTF had Wylie picked third,Sweetwater
fifth in 2-3A and they both went 4-0 in district play going
into Week 10? That sure seems like a long time ago. :(

Bosqueville
10-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Wylie wins big. By 28 at least.

garciap77
10-05-2010, 12:48 PM
This is one of two district openers for 5-3A. What are your thought and predictions?

Close game!!!!!

garciap77
10-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Of course, I like puppy dogs and ponies too.:D :D

You BIG PUSSYcat!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Tin Cup
10-05-2010, 01:51 PM
AW 28
SW 14

DaHop72
10-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
You BIG PUSSYcat!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D Easy bulldoag!!!:D :D

nobogey72
10-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Remember in '08 when DCTF had Wylie picked third,Sweetwater
fifth in 2-3A and they both went 4-0 in district play going
into Week 10? That sure seems like a long time ago. :(

Yeah that was back before ya'll changed coaches wasn't it?:D :D

defense51
10-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Sweetwater wins this one 27-24

steer4life
10-05-2010, 07:33 PM
This will be a close no matter who wins, Wylie isnt the typical powerhouse this year. Sweetwater has its best chance this year to pull off the upset

Sweetwater Red
10-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by steer4life
This will be a close no matter who wins, Wylie isnt the typical powerhouse this year. Sweetwater has its best chance this year to pull off the upset

I've gotta say nice first post and welcome to the board. :D

steer4life
10-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Just tell it how it is, Wylie is weak this year. Our offense isnt that great this year and we put up 27, It will be a close hard fought game

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Where's ccmom? :confused:

DaHop72
10-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Where's ccmom? :confused: No joke, one Wylie poster on the entire thread. Is it possible that Wylie has fair weather fans and are sitting on their hands due to an off season? Sure hope not. :confused: :confused:

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2010, 01:20 PM
No joke, one Wylie poster on the entire thread. Is it possible that Wylie has fair weather fans and are sitting on their hands due to an off season? Sure hope not. :confused: :confused:

Yep. I never would have guessed that most of the Wylie posters would run and hide when their team is having sub par season. Hmmm :thinking:

Rocket
10-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Sweetwater in a close one...

nobogey72
10-06-2010, 01:39 PM
No joke, one Wylie poster on the entire thread. Is it possible that Wylie has fair weather fans and are sitting on their hands due to an off season? Sure hope not. :confused: :confused: btw HOP------ Sit on this!!!!

No actually most of us are hot on the recruiting trail. It takes alot of time. The ones that aren't recruiting are at the hospitals and nursing homes visiting the sick and the lonely.;):D BTW Hop.... Sit on this!!!!!!:D

nobogey72
10-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Yep. I never would have guessed that most of the Wylie posters would run and hide when their team is having sub par season. Hmmm :thinking:

Just sitting back waiting for one of you SW to get cocky and say something like "ya'll are gonna win or something like that".:D

Whaddaya mean "sub par"?? Because of the 2-4? Oh, Ok. :D An old wise man once said, "When district starts, we're all 0-0"

Besides all that, I think we are gonna kick your 4-2 ass and I'll get back with you next week.:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Sweetwater by a safety...23-21

DaHop72
10-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Just sitting back waiting for one of you SW to get cocky and say something like "ya'll are gonna win or something like that".:D

Whaddaya mean "sub par"?? Because of the 2-4? Oh, Ok. :D An old wise man once said, "When district starts, we're all 0-0"

Besides all that, I think we are gonna kick your 4-2 ass and I'll get back with you next week.:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: No that's what I'm talking about!!:D :D

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Just sitting back waiting for one of you SW to get cocky and say something like "ya'll are gonna win or something like that".:D ...

.....Besides all that, I think we are gonna kick your 4-2 ass and I'll get back with you next week.:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Make that 2 Wylie posters.:D

ccmom
10-06-2010, 02:17 PM
btw HOP------ Sit on this!!!!

No actually most of us are hot on the recruiting trail. It takes alot of time. The ones that aren't recruiting are at the hospitals and nursing homes visiting the sick and the lonely.;):D BTW Hop.... Sit on this!!!!!!:D

I've been busy, too! I had to wait until my nails were dry before I could post. I didn't want to mess up my new coat of "Pony Pink". :D

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2010, 02:59 PM

Besides all that, I think we are gonna kick your 4-2 ass and I'll get back with you next week.:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Oh we're gonna win. It's just a matter of by how much. :D

You're right we are all 0-0 going into district. But, ya'll will be
playing Big Spring for 4th place in Week 8 while we'll be 2-0
and playing Snyder for second place. :taunt:

By the way. It's about time the real nobogey showed up. :thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I've been busy, too! I had to wait until my nails were dry before I could post. I didn't want to mess up my new coat of "Pony Pink". :D

:tongue:

ivchris
10-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Wylie wins this one by at least 14.

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
Wylie wins this one by at least 14.

Homer! :rolleyes: :D

nobogey72
10-06-2010, 03:09 PM

All kidding aside, I'm pretty nervous about playing SW. Ya'll have had some pretty impressive wins over Noodle and Trent. That Midland School for the Sexually Dysfunctional or whoever that was that beat ya'll last week must have been a powerhouse.:taunt: :taunt:

pirate4state
10-06-2010, 03:14 PM
All kidding aside, I'm pretty nervous about playing SW. Ya'll have had some pretty impressive wins over Noodle and Trent. That Midland School for the Sexually Dysfunctional or whoever that was that beat ya'll last week must have been a powerhouse.:taunt: :taunt: ROFL!

Good Luck Mustangs

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2010, 03:31 PM
That Midland School for the Sexually Dysfunctional or whoever that was that beat ya'll last week must have been a powerhouse.:taunt: :taunt:

The same can be said about the school that didn't have a single
'99 Celica in the homeside parking lot. Right after they shut out
the Bulldogs 28-0, they beat Home School 50-20. :doh: :D

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2010, 03:44 PM
That Midland School for the Sexually Dysfunctional or whoever that was that beat ya'll last week must have been a powerhouse.:taunt: :taunt:

arent you an alumni there? :D

BwdLion73
10-06-2010, 03:58 PM
I wish Sweetwater luck but if the same team that played Early shows up Wylie will be coasting like Brownwood at the half.

:1popcorn:

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I wish Sweetwater luck but if the same team that played Early shows up Wylie will be coasting like Brownwood at the half.

:1popcorn:

That's what worries me. If the team shows up that played them or
Midland Christian, we're toast. :(

But honestly, I think Sandifer will be regretting not taking the
Barber's Hill job by the time this game is over. :eek: :D

nobogey72
10-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
arent you an alumni there? :D

Yes. I was the valedicktorian.

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2010, 04:28 PM

Yep! "He's one crazy ass white boy!" no doubt. :eek: :clap:

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2010, 04:35 PM

dont you mean the invalidicktorian

garciap77
10-06-2010, 06:51 PM
No joke, one Wylie poster on the entire thread. Is it possible that Wylie has fair weather fans and are sitting on their hands due to an off season? Sure hope not. :confused: :confused:

Of course not! After we beat the !#@%$#%# out of Sweetwater; we and going stomp the @$#%#^#^@ out of Snyder; and then, we are going to really stomp the &#^@%!@^@^#(#&@%! out of Brownwood like we did last year!:devil: :devil: :devil:

LOL LOL LOL

garciap77
10-06-2010, 06:56 PM

Why will you be playing Snyder for second? Why not just stomp Brownwood and take first? Are you scared of those BIG PUSSYcats?:D :D :D

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Why will you be playing Snyder for second? Why not just stomp Brownwood and take first? Are you scared of those BIG
PUSSYcats?:D :D :D

Nah, us playing for second and Wylie holding basketball practices come week 11 is good enough for me. :thumbsup:

skins4life
10-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Of course not! After we beat the !#@%$#%# out of Sweetwater; we and going stomp the @$#%#^#^@ out of Snyder; and then, we are going to really stomp the &#^@%!@^@^#(#&@%! out of Brownwood like we did last year!:devil: :devil: :devil:

LOL LOL LOL

Garcia you need to put the bottle down, go sleep it off and then come back when you're sane :devil: :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2010, 07:51 PM

LOL LOL LOL
Seriously...does the above look like a gp77 post? I mean his whole posting style has changed suddenly. He's actually using words and not smilies and his "jokes/punchlines" teeter the line of vugarity. Just sayin' :thinking:

Looking4number8
10-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Seriously...does the above look like a gp77 post? I mean his whole posting style has changed suddenly. He's actually using words and not smilies and his "jokes/punchlines" teeter the line of vugarity. Just sayin' :thinking:

+1

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 08:00 PM

One afternoon a few weeks ago I got online and I saw that the last 7 replied to topics had all been replied to by garcia.... I decided to click on each of them... and NOT ONE had any words on them.... all 7 of them were just an assortment of smiley faces.

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 08:13 PM

LOL LOL LOL :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now that looks like a Garcia post

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Now that looks like a Garcia post :thumbsup:

ccmom
10-06-2010, 08:32 PM
One afternoon a few weeks ago I got online and I saw that the last 7 replied to topics had all been replied to by garcia.... I decided to click on each of them... and NOT ONE had any words on them.... all 7 of them were just an assortment of smiley faces. I'm guessing he couldn't find a "middle finger" smiley so he resorted to words....:thinking: :D

skins4life
10-06-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm guessing he couldn't find a "middle finger" smiley so he resorted to words....:thinking: :D

LOL :clap: :clap:

slingshot
10-06-2010, 09:07 PM
31-10 Wylie... Hugh calls off the dogs early 4th quarter and ya'll get a consolation TD.

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2010, 09:32 PM
After reading this thread, It's funny to see even the alll mighty Wylie Bulldog posters throw
class and grace out the window. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.
Man! Is Friday gonna be fun?! Can you say 2-5?

hollywood
10-06-2010, 09:33 PM

LOL LOL LOL

LOL. Garcia, who's the QB this year? Did you get his name? How about the OLB? Do you know his name? Oh, and what about the RB? What's his name. Are you on top of it this year??

garciap77
10-06-2010, 09:36 PM
One afternoon a few weeks ago I got online and I saw that the last 7 replied to topics had all been replied to by garcia.... I decided to click on each of them... and NOT ONE had any words on them.... all 7 of them were just an assortment of smiley faces.

garciap77
10-06-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm guessing he couldn't find a "middle finger" smiley so he resorted to words....:thinking: :D

I have one, but ...........!:D

garciap77
10-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
LOL. Garcia, who's the QB this year? Did you get his name? How about the OLB? Do you know his name? Oh, and what about the RB? What's his name. Are you on top of it this year??

We don't need no stinking names!:D :D :D

garciap77
10-06-2010, 09:44 PM
After reading this thread, It's funny to see even the alll mighty Wylie Bulldog posters throw
class and grace out the window. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.
Man! Is Friday gonna be fun?! Can you say 2-5?

No! But, I can say pink ponies!:D :D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/mladin_pony-1.jpg

;)

garciap77
10-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Nah, us playing for second and Wylie holding basketball practices come week 11 is good enough for me. :thumbsup:

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/me-074.gif

Looking4number8
10-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Can you say 2-5?

Two and five....

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 10:04 PM

;) :D

garciap77
10-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Two and five....

LOL

BEAST
10-06-2010, 10:27 PM
LOL

Dos y cinco. Funny how things come back to bite you in the arse. And, yes, I will have a pic of the scoreboard this year. Get ready my friend.

BEAST

garciap77
10-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Dos y cinco. Funny how things come back to bite you in the arse. And, yes, I will have a pic of the scoreboard this year. Get ready my friend.

BEAST

No problem! I might even take the picture for you! Like ROCKET says it's all in fun my friend! LOL

BEAST
10-06-2010, 10:39 PM
No problem! I might even take the picture for you! Like ROCKET says it's all in fun my friend! LOL

Very true. You've taken some really nice pics for me before. And, between me and you, it is in fun. I like me some Garcia.

BEAST

TheDOCTORdre
10-07-2010, 08:17 AM

;)

does that say rocket on its hind leg?

nobogey72
10-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Why will you be playing Snyder for second? Why not just stomp Brownwood and take first? Are you scared of those BIG PUSSYcats?:D :D :D

Oh, Man!!! That post reminds me that next week is my wife's birthday. Glad I remembered. Whew!!!!!!!:inlove: :inlove:

Black_Magic
10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
This is how Beast and Rocket take a loss..
Rant of Rocket (http://www.gotwavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=WAVS&type=Movies&movie=Johnny_Dangerously&quote=mouth.txt&file=mouth.wav)

LE Dad
10-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Oh, Man!!! That post reminds me that next week is my wife's birthday. Glad I remembered. Whew!!!!!!!:inlove: :inlove: What:confused: :confused:

Is your wife from Snyder?:D

BwdLion73
10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
This is how Beast and Rocket take a loss..
Rant of Rocket (http://www.gotwavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=WAVS&type=Movies&movie=Johnny_Dangerously&quote=mouth.txt&file=mouth.wav)

:( :dispntd:

garciap77
10-07-2010, 12:25 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's normally RM that catches those things!:D

;)

garciap77
10-07-2010, 12:26 PM
What:confused: :confused:

Is your wife from Snyder?:D

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-004.gif

Snyder_TigerFan
10-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
31-10 Wylie... Hugh calls off the dogs early 4th quarter and ya'll get a consolation TD.

I agree. I think it's going to be a 14-21 pt advantage for Wylie. If it's close or if sweetwater wins, I will be really surprised.

Charlie47
10-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I agree. I think it's going to be a 14-21 pt advantage for Wylie. If it's close or if sweetwater wins, I will be really surprised.

Me too!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sweetwater Red
10-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
If it's close or if sweetwater wins, I will be really surprised.

Originally posted by Charlie47
Me too!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Woah! Hey wait a minute! Are y'all trying to say you think
Sweetwater is the underdog in this one?!?! :eek:

Sweetwater Red
10-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Okay Wylie folks. We tried to rattle your cage. But, y'alls silence speaks volumes. It's
kind of disappointing really to see the majority of your posters go MIA when the Bulldogs
struggle. But, I digress. :(

Anyway, good luck tomorrow. May the better team win and that doesn't happen then
Congrats Bulldogs. :thumbsup:

garciap77
10-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Okay Wylie folks. We tried to rattle your cage. But, y'alls silence speaks volumes. It's
kind of disappointing really to see the majority of your posters go MIA when the Bulldogs

Anyway, good luck tomorrow. May the better team win and that doesn't happen then

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/unhappy-084.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/unhappy-084.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/unhappy-084.gif

Looking4number8
10-07-2010, 07:47 PM

I hear you knocking but I dont think anybody is home.....

Does any Wylie folks even go to the games anymore?

TheDOCTORdre
10-07-2010, 07:51 PM

Does any Wylie folks even go to the games anymore?

does Wylie even have a varsity team this year?

ccmom
10-07-2010, 08:04 PM

Does any Wylie folks even go to the games anymore? Yep! However, considering the last few "games" that Sweetwater has given the Bulldogs, a lot of Wylie fans consider this a bye week and won't bother making the trip. :devil: :p

Go Dawgs!!

Rocket
10-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Yep! However, considering the last few "games" that Sweetwater has given the Bulldogs, a lot of Wylie fans consider this a bye week and won't bother making the trip. :devil: :p

Go Dawgs!!

Oh the good ol' days...

Charlie47
10-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Woah! Hey wait a minute! Are y'all trying to say you think
Sweetwater is the underdog in this one?!?! :eek:

Yep!:clap:

Rocket
10-07-2010, 08:28 PM

LOL yeah man...that sucks

ccmom
10-07-2010, 08:41 PM
does Wylie even have a varsity team this year? Which reminds me...beautiful weather for the jv game tonight!! I love it!

Tiganut
10-07-2010, 09:03 PM
stangs 27 bulldogs 24. Just saying!!!

skins4life
10-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I hate to do it but I'm going to go with our neighbors and say, Stangs by, :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: 6 with a take-a-way to seal the deal. :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Yep! However, considering the last few "games" that Sweetwater has given the Bulldogs, a lot of Wylie fans consider this a bye week and won't bother making the trip. :devil: :p

Go Dawgs!!

Well since Wylie has only won two games all year. You'd think the Bulldog fans
would be more than willing to drive 40 miles to watch a "sure" win. Then again...maybe
they're not too confident that it will be...:thinking: :devil:

ccmom
10-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Well since Wylie has only won two games all year. You'd think the Bulldog fans
would be more than willing to drive 40 miles to watch a "sure" win. Then again...maybe
they're not too confident that it will be...:thinking: :devil: I'd be willing to bet there will be at least 3 times as many Wylie fans there this year, compared to the number of Sweetwater fans that came to Bulldog Stadium last year. Let's see....25*3=75....yeah I'm pretty sure we've got that covered. :hand:

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2010, 08:21 AM
I'd be willing to bet there will be at least 3 times as many Wylie fans there this year, compared to the number of Sweetwater fans that came to Bulldog Stadium last year. Let's see....25*3=75....yeah I'm pretty sure we've got
that covered. :hand:

Well I would hope so. 75 doesn't even cover the number of Bulldog moms that will have a kid
on the field. :doh: :D

nobogey72
10-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Well I would hope so. 75 doesn't even cover the number of Bulldog moms that will have a kid
on the field. :doh: :D

I'll be there just so I can pee in that trough on the floor. That's fun.:D :D

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 09:24 AM
I'll be there just so I can pee in that trough on the floor. That's fun.:D :D Heck bogey, they've taken that pleasure away from us now with the remodel.:mad: :mad: Now they have those fancy urinals hanging on the wall. :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Heck bogey, they've taken that pleasure away from us now with the remodel.:mad: :mad: Now they have those fancy urinals hanging on the wall. :devil: :devil:
Yeah that was the only downside to getting new restrooms. I used to try to
write my name on the wall. :devil: :D

BwdLion73
10-08-2010, 10:15 AM
For the sake of the guy beside you I hope your name is Ed, Al, or something short...If its Poindexter or something get out of his way! :)

nobogey72
10-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Yeah that was the only downside to getting new restrooms. I used to try to
write my name on the wall. :devil: :D

Bet it was kinda hard to dot the i. :thinking:

ccmom
10-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I'll be there just so I can pee in that trough on the floor. That's fun.:D :D

LOL. I told my 8 year old that the Mustang Bowl had been remodeled since the last time we were there. He replied, "Did they redo the bathrooms? That old one was GROSS...but it was kinda fun." Boys....;)

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Bet it was kinda hard to dot the i. :thinking:

Nah, I usually nailed it with the first or second shake. :thumbsup:

LE Dad
10-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I'll be there just so I can pee in that trough on the floor. That's fun.:D :D I forgot about that... It was pretty funny. They could use some heated seating. That was the coldest,windiest place I have ever sat in.:doh: :(

nobogey72
10-08-2010, 11:20 AM
LOL. I told my 8 year old that the Mustang Bowl had been remodeled since the last time we were there. He replied, "Did they redo the bathrooms? That old one was GROSS...but it was kinda fun." Boys....;)

Yeah, I made life miserable for a few crickets in that trough over the past several years. I have to say though that the thought never crossed my mind to write my name.:confused: :confused: I'd say that is pretty stinkin weird, Red.:crazy: :crazy:

nobogey72
10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I forgot about that... It was pretty funny. They could use some heated seating. That was the coldest,windiest place I have ever sat in.:doh: :(

You sat in the trough???:eek: :eek: Were all the commodes taken??? OMG I must have been in there right after you. And I thought that was a Baby Ruth.:confused: :confused: Wow, I think if I was you I might have kept that info to myself. GEEZ.... you meet all kinds on here.

BEAST
10-08-2010, 11:45 AM
You sat in the trough???:eek: :eek: Were all the commodes taken??? OMG I must have been in there right after you. And I thought that was a Baby Ruth.:confused: :confused: Wow, I think if I was you I might have kept that info to myself. GEEZ.... you meet all kinds on here.

Thats one of the funniest posts ever!
:clap: :clap:

BEAST

LE Dad
10-08-2010, 11:50 AM
And I thought that was a Baby Ruth.:confused: :confused: Was the taste the first clue it wasn't :confused: :confused: lol.

Ya killin me Bogey!!:doh:

nobogey72
10-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Was the taste the first clue it wasn't :confused: :confused: lol.

Ya killin me Bogey!!:doh:

Nice save!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Nice save!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 02:26 PM
When's the last time you saw this??:eek: :eek:

Overall/District Records
Brownwood (6-0), (0-0)
Snyder (5-1), (0-0)
Big Spring (4-2), (0-0)
Sweetwater (4-2), (0-0)
Abilene Wylie (2-4), (0-0)

nobogey72
10-08-2010, 02:34 PM
When's the last time you saw this??:eek: :eek:

Overall/District Records
Brownwood (6-0), (0-0)
Snyder (5-1), (0-0)
Big Spring (4-2), (0-0)
Sweetwater (4-2), (0-0)
Abilene Wylie (2-4), (0-0)

Pay special notice to the (0-0) district records. I think it starts out every year like that.;) ;)

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Pay special notice to the (0-0) district records. I think it starts out every year like that.;) ;) :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Be very careful, I know where to find you tonight!:devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Mustangs get their 1st district exam vs. Wylie

Written by Ron Howell
Thursday, 07 October 2010

Yes, it’s true: Sweetwater actually comes into this week’s game against Wylie with twice as many victories as its opponent.
But the 4-2 Mustangs aren’t likely to be brimming with overconfidence when they kick off District 5-3A play at 7:30 p.m. Friday by hosting the 2-4 Bulldogs.
For one thing, Sweetwater is coming off a 34-7 loss at home to Midland Christian that ended a three-game winning streak. And that loss coincided with Wylie’s 21-19 win over a very good Lubbock Estacado team to end the Bulldogs’ four-game losing skid.
As for the Sweetwater-Wylie rivalry, it’s been a pretty onesided affair since the two schools were first placed in the same Class 3A district 10 years ago. Wylie has won all but two of the matchups, and Sweetwater’s wins were in the two years when the teams were non-district rivals.
Still, most of the games have been very competitive. And, most importantly, the current group of Mustangs is unquestionably a much better team than in 2009, when Sweetwater managed just one victory and was manhandled 47-7 at Wylie in its final game.
Coach Craig Slaughter is using that score — and last year’s other four district defeats — as motivation, summed up by the motto “Something to Prove.”
“My only concern is that our kids show up wanting to win,” he said. “We don’t want to help (Wylie) out. I think it’s going to be a pretty even battle but we need to perform at a high level and avoid turnovers.
“This is a big one for us and for them.”
Despite the margin of victory, Sweetwater and Mid-land Christian battled even-ly most of the game until the visitors pulled away in the fourth quarter. Sweetwater was tied 7-7 at halftime and trailed just 14-7 at the end of three periods, and the Mustangs gained just 18 fewer yards (300-318) than Midland Christian.
The Mustangs moved the ball consistently, getting to its opponent’s 20-yard line or closer five times, yet were able to score just once due primarily to breakdowns in the team’s execution, according to Slaughter.
“We were all disappoin-ted,” he said. “But the good thing about playing a district opponent is it focuses you on the task at hand.”
Slaughter gives his team an overall grade of “B” so far. “I can’t give us an ‘A’ because we haven’t scored as much as we should have, plus some things in other areas that we’re working on to get fixed,” he said.
Wylie was ranked in the state’s top 10 during the early part of the season and started with a win over La Vernia before losing in successive weeks to Stephenville, Graham, Waco High and Lucas Lovejoy. But three of the losses were by a total of 18 points.
“The kids know what kind of game it’s going to be,” Slaughter said. ““Wylie’s level of competition has been very solid. But if we play well, we can come out on the right side when the game is over.”
Sweetwater was without junior Sam Nemir, a two-way starter at fullback and linebacker, in the second half against Midland Christian, but he is healthy again and is expected to play Friday along with the other regular starters.

Sweetwater Reporter (http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/283192/122/)

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2010, 03:28 PM
7:30 p.m. today* Mustang Bowl * KEAN 105.1 FM

n What’s riding on this game: This is the District 5-3A opener for both teams, and with games against top-ranked Brownwood (6-0) and Snyder (5-1) looming, a win tonight may be a must for playoff qualification. Starting 0-1 in such a tough district could be too big a hole to climb out of.

n Last week: Wylie snapped a four-game losing streak with a 21-19 homecoming win over Lubbock Estacado. The Mustangs scored on just one of their five trips to the red zone in a 34-7 home loss to Midland Christian.

n Scouting Sweetwater: The Mustangs, who are much improved over the club that went 1-9 in Craig Slaughter’s first year as coach, come in averaging 380 yards per game while allowing just 253. Paced by quarterback Taylor Jones and tailback B.J. Walker, Sweetwater has rushed for 1,568 yards this season, which is more total yardage (1,518) than the Mustangs defense has allowed.

“They’re a good team and they’ve done some things really well,” Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer said. “We’ll have to go over there and obviously elevate our level of play in order to get this thing started the right way.”

n Bulldogs update: After watching his team hold on to beat Estacado last week to snap a four-game losing streak, Sandifer said he’s happy with the way his team has developed. As is always the case with Sandifer-coached teams, the Bulldogs used their nondistrict schedule to prepare for their four remaining games, and though a 2-4 record at this point is not ideal, Sandifer said his team is better off for having played through a tough nondistrict slate.

“We’ve been putting ourselves in tough situations for six weeks against quality opponents to get us ready for this four-game district season,” Sandifer said. “I think our kids have had to fight and obviously our record is not very shiny, but the thing about it now, is it goes back to 0-0. I think our team is tough and has gotten better in a lot of areas, so we’re excited about getting district started.”

n What Bulldogs need to do to win: Be more physical than Sweetwater. With a strong running game and an aggressive defense, it’s the Mustangs’ goal to control the line of scrimmage every game. If the Bulldogs can win at the point of attack, they should take a two-game winning streak into their bye week.

n Daniel Youngblood’s pick: Wylie 28, Sweetwater 14.

ARN/gofridaynight.com (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/oct/07/wylie-football-preview-dogs-open-5-3a-play-road/?partner=RSS)

Rocket
10-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Pay special notice to the (0-0) district records. I think it starts out every year like that.;) ;)

Nov 5 can't get here soon enough.

Looking4number8
10-08-2010, 05:08 PM

no thanks, I like seeing that 2-4... it's kind of looks good on you!