PDA

View Full Version : District 23-3A Navasota @ Rockdale

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Preseason predictions had D23 as one of the toughest districts in the state. Some of the districts top hitters have gone down but are not out as district begins this week. Caldwell is the only undefeated team left in the district as the Hornets have gained a #9 AP ranking.

Navasota @ Rockale

The Rattlers (3-2)

Navasota 35 -Madisonville (1-4) 14* (Rattlers lead 35-0 @ half)
Navasota 34 -4A Willis (3-2) 23
4A Bryan Rudder (5-1) 17- Navasota 0 (Halftime 7-0...10-0 with 2 min left to play...Rudder scored a late touchdown on yet another turnover..Rudder beat Bastop 27-21 in Bastrop last week)
#4 2A Cameron Yoe (6-0) 35 -Navasota 33*
Navasota 49 -Wharton 12

The Tigers (2-3)

Rockdale 58 - 4A Austin Memorial 0
Rockdale 38 -Salado 20
#4 2A Cameron Yoe (6-0) 35 -Rockdale 13*
Liberty Hill 16 -Rockdale 7
Madisonville (1-4) 10 -Rockdale 7*

Predictions?

Johnny Utah
10-04-2010, 06:07 PM
When it comes to district, throw all predictions out the door. Go TIGERS!!!

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
When it comes to district, throw all predictions out the door. Go TIGERS!!!

I agree. My prediction.... Rattlers go 5-0 in district play....

Caldwell_Raider
10-04-2010, 06:11 PM
This is a tricky game. I picked Navasota to win, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Rockdale hold tight enough on defense and pull out the win.

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
This is a tricky game. I picked Navasota to win, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Rockdale hold tight enough on defense and pull out the win.

Rockdale is always good on defense...This year, they are having trouble moving the ball. This will be interesting but I think the Rattlers have too much on offense and defense for the Tigers...But, we shall see....I will be listening from home this week for sure....:(

Yoe_09
10-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Navasota by 21 or so.

Coach BS
10-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Navasota will probably win let's just see if the Tigers can show some life. I think Rockdale can win if they can get their act together, they have been playing horrible.
Navasota is the better team overall and like I said will probably win just don't overlook the struggling Tigers.

navscanmaster
10-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Navasota should win this game. They don't really have that problem of playing to their opponent's level like years past. They have been owned by a good 4A and played momentum games and almost tied the game up late with a great 2A squad. Other than that, they have been awesome on defense and streaky on offense. I think they are back up and ready to make a run for district. Rockdale is probably chomping at the bit to get a W at home and a little payback for two years of Rattler wins. I think it will have to be their defense that makes it happen if it going to happen though.

My prediction: Navasota 34 Rockdale 13

track33
10-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Navasota passing game will be to much for the Tigers.
Navasota wins by 28.

Pudlugger
10-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Navasota by 10.

buff4ever
10-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I agree. My prediction.... Rattlers go 5-0 in district play....

I would be surprised, there are 3 of 4 teams that prolly can't go undefeated in district but can beat 3 or 4 others in district on any given night. It is hard to get through a series of weeks like that undefeated.

In one or two weeks I may retract that comment, but not yet. It is time to see who is where?

Centex FB Fan
10-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Navasota wins easily.

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I would be surprised, there are 3 of 4 teams that prolly can't go undefeated in district but can beat 3 or 4 others in district on any given night. It is hard to get through a series of weeks like that undefeated.

In one or two weeks I may retract that comment, but not yet. It is time to see who is where?

True. I was just messing around with Johnny Utah. It will be very tough for any team to go through this district underfeated.

UPanIN
10-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Rockdale will not be easy.

Navasota by a touchdown.

navscanmaster
10-05-2010, 01:17 PM
I seriously doubt that any team in this district will go undefeated. Caldwell is the best looking team in the district, but they have to leave Hornet Field a few times.

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I seriously doubt that any team in this district will go undefeated. Caldwell is the best looking team in the district, but they have to leave Hornet Field a few times.

No mud at Rattler Stadium!:D

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Btt

King_LeYoeNidas
10-06-2010, 01:19 AM
will be interesting to see if Rockdale can now go for four full quarters. We know Navasota can. Give me the Rattlers by 17.

Old Tiger
10-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
No mud at Rattler Stadium!:D Only a less talented Rattler team.

navscanmaster
10-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Only a less talented Rattler team.
Less talented, probably not. Smaller and younger, yeah. I don't know if it would have changed the outcome, but if starting corner and three year starter K.J. Nelms isn't out for the season with a leg injury, Westbrook is kept out of the endzone at least once against Cameron. Rudder would have still eaten our lunch though.

87 TIGER
10-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Tigers rise up and get a HUGE win
28 - 14 Rockdale

buff4ever
10-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Tigers rise up and get a HUGE win
28 - 14 Rockdale

That is optimistic

King_LeYoeNidas
10-06-2010, 09:49 AM
You underestimate Westbrook. No disrespect but, You do realize that was a mistake laden game for both the Yoe offense AND defense and we still beat you guys at home on your homecoming?

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
You underestimate Westbrook. No disrespect but, You do realize that was a mistake laden game for both the Yoe offense AND defense and we still beat you guys at home on your homecoming?

No disrespect to you King_LeYoeNidas, but Navasota didn't exactly play lights out either. The final score was 35-33 Yoe, leave it at that till next year.;)

R3Editor
10-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Should be an entertaining game.

bigYoe
10-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Navasota should take this one hands down, IF they play the whole game like they did the 2nd half against us. Even though they almost tied it up we did make alot of defensive mistakes. Anyways, Rockdale will be tough as always but Navasota has speed and are always a tough team. 28-14 Navasota.

navscanmaster
10-07-2010, 06:59 AM

Both teams made some stupid mistakes, and the biggest mismatch of the game was Westbrook against our depleted secondary. Tevin Creeks, the second best cover man, was on the sidelines with a minor leg injury, and K.J. Nelms tore his MCL against Madisonville. K.J. was starting to get some looks from FBS and FCS schools, and had the game to prove it. The point of my post, and I did say that "I don't know if it would have affected the outcome", was that what was supposed to be a all around solid Rattler defense this year has had to change their identity a little prior to district. I think they have it together now.

And everybody has those what if thoughts. You guys probably thought you should have played a mistake free game and blown us out on our homecoming. Ours was "dang, this is where we miss K.J."

Dogman_1969
10-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Rockdale Reporter is reporting that the Tigers starting MLB is out for 6 weeks with a broken ankle. The wooos just continue.....

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Rockdale Reporter is reporting that the Tigers starting MLB is out for 6 weeks with a broken ankle. The wooos just continue.....

That is really unfortunate for the Tigers. Sorry about that loss. The Tiger defense has really taken a blow. Maybe others will step up their play.

87 TIGER
10-07-2010, 04:14 PM
unfortunate for sure, he is a great loss on defense and he also plays offense. But if thats not bad enough RB/CB/QB Dixon will miss due to disciplinary reasons.

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Ok, since I can't get to Rockdale from the Woodlands in time, I guess I will settle for Lufkin versus the Woodlands since it is across the freeway from my job. Poor me lol. :(
It will be the battle of two top 10 teams.

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Game Time! Safe traveling to and from Rockdale Rattler fans!

Go Snakes!

navscanmaster
10-08-2010, 11:10 PM
36-7 Navasota. Sounded like Rockdale caught the fumble bug. Also, Dixon played, didn't he 87? I thought I heard his name called a bunch.

buff4ever
10-08-2010, 11:35 PM
I thought the tigers could keep it closer than this.

CONGRATS rattlers.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-08-2010, 11:38 PM
will be interesting to see if Rockdale can now go for four full quarters. We know Navasota can. Give me the Rattlers by 17.
meh. I was close.

87 TIGER
10-08-2010, 11:39 PM
yes he sat out the first half. I was surprised I thought he was going to miss the whole game. Looks like we may have lost 2 more LB's tonight, I not sure of the extent of the injuries yet.
We had our chances to make this a game we just diddnt take advantage the Rattlers were just to much for us.
# 17 and #33 are really good players for Navasota, good luck the rest of the way

navscanmaster
10-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
yes he sat out the first half. I was surprised I thought he was going to miss the whole game. Looks like we may have lost 2 more LB's tonight, I not sure of the extent of the injuries yet.
We had our chances to make this a game we just diddnt take advantage the Rattlers were just to much for us.
# 17 and #33 are really good players for Navasota, good luck the rest of the way

Good luck with your boys too. It is only one loss so far, four more chances to get a new game plan going and shake up the district.