PDA

View Full Version : Best Offense in 3A

bwdlionfan
10-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Bwood's 1st string offense had their streak of consecutive touchdown drives ended at 23 last week when they had to kick a field goal against All Saints. So now we have 24 straight scoring drives by the 1st team O.

Send_the_House
10-04-2010, 09:46 AM
See. Brownwood ain't as good as you guys have been saying..

DaHop72
10-04-2010, 09:49 AM
BCS champion Brownwood <bows head> #1, everybody else....................................:thinking: :thinking:

LE Dad
10-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Brownwood...:D

by a mile...

The topic was something about being most offensive wasn't it:confused: :confused:

:D

Red&White_9x5
10-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I bet Brownwood would win the Big 12

BEAST
10-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
I bet Brownwood would win the Big 12

Im not so sure. I thnk we would struggle with Oklahoma and maybe Nebraska.

BEAST

Bullaholic
10-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Man, this thread is like Dolly Parton fishing for compliments on her brassierre....:D

The Bull "O" is still up there with anybody....

Bullaholic
10-04-2010, 10:43 AM
nm- dupe

runtowin
10-04-2010, 10:55 AM
The one that has scored the most points.

BEAST
10-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Man, this thread is like Dolly Parton fishing for compliments on her brassierre....:D

I didnt see this type of reply on the Celina defense thread. Youve got to admit, 24 consecutive possesions by the 1st team and you get 23 TDs and 1 FG. If that isnt domination, I dont know what is.

BEAST

bwdlionfan
10-04-2010, 11:17 AM

Then shut it and post your stats.

Old Tiger
10-04-2010, 11:21 AM
celina > brownwood

DaHop72
10-04-2010, 11:26 AM
BCS Champs 52-17 per game
Pop Warner 49-18 per game

:thinking: :thinking:

ctown
10-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Bwood's 1st string offense had their streak of consecutive touchdown drives ended at 23 last week when they had to kick a field goal against All Saints. So now we have 24 straight scoring drives by the 1st team O.

I'm sorry. Did you say something??

Bullaholic
10-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
I didnt see this type of reply on the Celina defense thread. Youve got to admit, 24 consecutive possesions by the 1st team and you get 23 TDs and 1 FG. If that isnt domination, I dont know what is.

BEAST

Well, I haven't been over there yet, Beast......and hey, this thread is going to get some love for the Bulls, too. :D
Whoever denied that 23 TD's and 1 FG on 24 possessions was not impressive? Is it really necessary for some Brownwood fans to continue blatantly to troll for praise when their team is currently recognized as the best in 3A right now by acclamation? :D The GREAT teams gratefully accept props, they don't try to create them.

hollywood
10-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
celina > brownwood

Egos, yep!

Bullaholic
10-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Then shut it and post your stats.

I'm going to say that the Lions probably have an edge in total "O" right now, the Bulls played a couple of pretty good teams the last 2 games. I said the Bull "O" was UP there anybody---I didn't say they were better than Brownwood statistically right now, although we had more yards a few weeks ago.

BEAST
10-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Well, I haven't been over there yet, Beast......and hey, this thread is going to get some love for the Bulls, too. :D
Whoever denied that 23 TD's and 1 FG on 24 possessions was not impressive? Is it really necessary for some Brownwood fans to continue blatantly to troll for praise when their team is currently recognized as the best in 3A right now by acclamation? :D The GREAT teams gratefully accept props, they don't try to create them.

So any of the good teams, lets say the AP Top 10, should not post anything about their accomplishments? Since great teams can only accept props. Hells bells man, this whole board would dry up and blow away. Ill keep that in mind though. If your Bulls slap Decatur around this week, dont get on here and say anything about your team, after all, they are only to accept props.

BEAST

bwdlionfan
10-04-2010, 11:39 AM

There's a thread for best D and a thread for best ST. So I started one for best O. I posted our stats on both the O and the D threads... but everyone thinks we are bloating. They are stats... stats are facts, not bloating. The posts are meant for you to post something factual, so quit whining and post something of substance.

hollywood
10-04-2010, 11:46 AM
There's a thread for best D and a thread for best ST. So I started one for best O. I posted our stats on both the O and the D threads... but everyone thinks we are bloating. They are stats... stats are facts, not bloating. The posts are meant for you to post something factual, so quit whining and post something of substance. :iagree:

hollywood
10-04-2010, 11:47 AM
So any of the good teams, lets say the AP Top 10, should not post anything about their accomplishments? Since great teams can only accept props. Hells bells man, this whole board would dry up and blow away. Ill keep that in mind though. If your Bulls slap Decatur around this week, dont get on here and say anything about your team, after all, they are only to accept props.

BEAST

Get 'em Beast. :clap:

Looking4number8
10-04-2010, 11:55 AM
The GREAT teams gratefully accept props, they don't try to create them.

That is correct, we are not the team, they are in school right now... Uhhh, we are the props!

garciap77
10-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
BCS champion Brownwood <bows head> #1, ....................................:thinking: :thinking:

LOL

DUKE22
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Is Brownwoods offense now even better than it was 2 years ago. The 2008 BWOOD offense was one of the best I have ever seen. WR went on to play college football, TE pitching for the Cardinals, Division 1 QB, a house at left tackle that also went D1, and a pretty dang good HB. The team now is obviously better but I think the 08 offense is better.

Bullaholic
10-04-2010, 12:27 PM

BEAST

This ground has been covered so many times before, Beast. Sure I'm going to brag some on the Bulls when they do well, and I don't blame anyone for being proud of their team, but I don't think I will run it into the ground, and you will never see me going to another team's thread after a loss and laughing about it, and talking about how superior my team is nor will I seriously rub salt in Decatur's wounds if we win Friday. I'm old school and I just refuse to do that.

I will make one exception in Brownwood's case---I reserve the right to pound on Rocket if Brownwood ever loses (I am not a hater wishing for that)---not on Brownwood, but on Rocket. :D

Rocket
10-04-2010, 12:37 PM
This ground has been covered so many times before, Beast. Sure I'm going to brag some on the Bulls when they do well, and I don't blame anyone for being proud of their team, but I don't think I will run it into the ground, and you will never see me going to another team's thread after a loss and laughing about it, and talking about how superior my team is nor will I seriously rub salt in Decatur's wounds if we win Friday. I'm old school and I just refuse to do that.

I will make one exception in Brownwood's case---I reserve the right to pound on Rocket if Brownwood ever loses (I am not a hater wishing for that)---not on Brownwood, but on Rocket. :D

Pound away, my friend. :D

Rocket
10-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Is Brownwoods offense now even better than it was 2 years ago. The 2008 BWOOD offense was one of the best I have ever seen. WR went on to play college football, TE pitching for the Cardinals, Division 1 QB, a house at left tackle that also went D1, and a pretty dang good HB. The team now is obviously better but I think the 08 offense is better.

2010's Offense is much better. Brownwood's running game is the clincher and SO MUCH STRONGER and FASTER than 2008. And the QB Brown is a dual threat and will have much better numbers than Pachall did by the end of the season. Oh and Mr. Shipley is a TD threat every play.

Rocket
10-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
celina > brownwood

based on?

DaHop72
10-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
2010's Offense is much better. Brownwood's running game is the clincher and SO MUCH STRONGER and FASTER than 2008. And the QB Brown is a dual threat and will have much better numbers than Pachall did by the end of the season. Oh and Mr. Shipley is a TD threat every play. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: I thought Mr. Shipley was on the sideline, didn't know they let him play as well. :eek: :eek:

XtremeCouture
10-04-2010, 12:45 PM
brownwood has just had an easy schedule. i love you how you guys talk about the lions so much lol. remember how awesome decatur was in 2004? hahahahaha

BEAST
10-04-2010, 12:48 PM

Just my opinion here but I am pretty and was close to both teams since I am the 7 on 7 "coach". I think this years offense is better than 08. This bunch plays loose. The 08 bunch was really uptight and it cost them plenty of scoring opportunities down the stretch. Of course the 08 O felt it had to score every possesion because our D was bad that year. This years bunch doesnt have that worry.

Ill paint you a comparison. 08s #1 WR was Parker Taylor. He went D2 and is now back home (by his own choosing). This years #1 WR Jaxon Shipley. 08s #2 WR was Shelby Miller hes in the MLB now. This years #2 is Luke Chastain. Luke already has about the same # of yards through 6 games then Shelby did through 10. Slot for 08 was Travis Holleman and man he was something to see. This year however, we have 3 that get it done. Now to QB, I like Brown better than Pachall. Trust me, if he was 6'2" instead of 5'10", he could go to any college he wanted. He is very good. Oline is about the same.

BEAST

5wide
10-04-2010, 12:48 PM
bports offense is not a state top 10 offense

DaHop72
10-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Just my opinion here but I am pretty

BEAST :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:devil: :devil:

Bullaholic
10-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
bports offense is not a state top 10 offense

OH, my....duck 5wide! :D

BEAST
10-04-2010, 12:53 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:devil: :devil:

You know Im pretty. :D

BEAST

rholl
10-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I like where Kennedales O is headed. True they run run run...but they do it well!

BullBoy
10-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Decatur's offense is the best in all of 3A, they have played a BRUTAL schedule so far, they edged POWERHOUSE Burkburnett last week! they dont need to attack opposing defenses through the air because their running game is just plain UNSTOPABLE at this point. don't beleive me? just ask anyone from decatur.

i am being very very sarcastic.

LE Dad
10-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by rholl
I like where Kennedales O is headed. True they run run run...but they do it well! Their D is usually pretty solid... Is that the case again this year?

bobcat1
10-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Whoever denied that 23 TD's and 1 FG on 24 possessions was not impressive? Is it really necessary for some Brownwood fans to continue blatantly to troll for praise when their team is currently recognized as the best in 3A right now by acclamation? :D The GREAT teams gratefully accept props, they don't try to create them. It tends to intensify the landing though.:cool:

LE Dad
10-04-2010, 01:48 PM
That's cause "you tha man" Bull!!:clap: :clap:

HeavyD
10-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Pachall 08'- 19 turnovers

Brown<19 turnovers since pewee

BwdLions
10-06-2010, 09:09 AM
http://www.brownwoodbulletin.com/sports/local_sports/article_fcd28820-d0fd-11df-beec-001cc4c002e0.html?login_success=true

DUKE22
10-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by HeavyD
Pachall 08'- 19 turnovers

Brown<19 turnovers since pewee Ok your QB this year is very talented, but the fact you guys are even making a comparsion to a guy that signed a division one scholarship is a bit silly.

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Ok your QB this year is very talented, but the fact you guys are even making a comparsion to a guy that signed a division one scholarship is a bit silly.

Not really... you have no idea

DaHop72
10-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Not really... you have no idea :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

hollywood
10-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Ok your QB this year is very talented, but the fact you guys are even making a comparsion to a guy that signed a division one scholarship is a bit silly.

I guarantee you Casey would vouch for Graylon's talent and respects his abilities greatly.

Casey 6'5"= D1 scholarship TCU
Graylon 5'10"= D1 baseball scholarship

If Graylon was 4" taller, D1 football schools would be beating down his door. He's a great kid. He'll be a very successful individual.

HeavyD
10-06-2010, 10:51 AM
wasn't he voted 7 on 7 state tournament MVP along with the Championship Trophy

BEAST
10-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by HeavyD
wasn't he voted 7 on 7 state tournament MVP along with the Championship Trophy

Yes he was. Plus he already been the Big Country Player of the Week and the Built Ford Tough player of the Week.

BEAST

DUKE22
10-06-2010, 11:25 AM
There is a big difference between a talented high school football player and a divsion one football player and you guys know it. Once again I cannot believe that you guys are even comparing the two. I guarantee you guys would not stand for another reciever being compared to your division one receiver. I know your QB is good, but he aint better than the one two years ago.

DUKE22
10-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
I guarantee you Casey would vouch for Graylon's talent and respects his abilities greatly.

Casey 6'5"= D1 scholarship TCU
Graylon 5'10"= D1 baseball scholarship

If Graylon was 4" taller, D1 football schools would be beating down his door. He's a great kid. He'll be a very successful individual. But he is not and that is the point. Im sure he is a great kid and he is very talented.

hollywood
10-06-2010, 11:33 AM
There is a big difference between a talented high school football player and a divsion one football player and you guys know it. Once again I cannot believe that you guys are even comparing the two. I guarantee you guys would not stand for another reciever being compared to your division one receiver. I know your QB is good, but he aint better than the one two years ago.

I will let you make your comments after you see him play in a couple of weeks. Graylon has D1 talent just not stature. That's THE only difference. You'll see soon enough.

hollywood
10-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Last week, he aired it out just over 50 yds in the air with ease.

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 11:38 AM

You're an expert because you saw Pachall one game?

I watched him for 3 seasons... seen Brown for 3 games last year and 6 games this year....

Both are awesome QBs. Pachall is a D1 QB now... Brown is a HS QB now. We aren't comparing Brown to Pachall now. We are comparing Brown (HS QB) to Pachall when he was a HS QB. This offense is better all around because Brown is as good as Pachall was. The receiving corp is about the same if not slightly better, but it is MUCH deeper. The RB is the same kid but now he's 2 years older.

The O-line is better now too. Graylon isn't hurried to make throws, he can sit in the pocket and not be too worried. All Saints had 29 sacks in 5 games coming in to last week, they didn't come near a sack last week.

So all in all this year is a better O.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2010, 11:39 AM
BCS Champs 52-17 per game
Pop Warner 49-18 per game avg.

:thinking: :thinking: Mathis 54-13 per game

Better scoring offense than Brownwood?

Rocket
10-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Mathis 54-13 per game

Better scoring offense than Brownwood?

Brownwood could be averaging 70 right now if they wanted to.

Rocket
10-06-2010, 11:42 AM

You will see the difference in about a week. And it ain't gonna be pretty. Brown is as efficient and accurate as Pachall and the 2010 offense is MUCH BETTER than 2008.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Brownwood could be averaging 70 right now if they wanted to. Mathis with the exception of their 1st game has posted they havent played their starters in the 2nd half of games :eek:

Rocket
I'm going to say that the Lions probably have an edge in total "O" right now, the Bulls played a couple of pretty good teams the last 2 games. I said the Bull "O" was UP there anybody---I didn't say they were better than Brownwood statistically right now, although we had more yards a few weeks ago.

Probably have an edge? BAHAHAHAHAH

If you are going on stats, maybe...but realistically, Bport ain't got nothing on Brownwood offensively. Not even close.

hollywood
Brownwood could be averaging 70 right now if they wanted to.

Hince Merket's comments... As far as potential, that's difficult to say. We are probaly clicking at about 65 percent of our potential.

Rocket
Mathis with the exception of their 1st game has posted they havent played their starters in the 2nd half of games :eek:

We shall see...what are they ranked?

hollywood
10-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Mathis with the exception of their 1st game has posted they havent played their starters in the 2nd half of games :eek:

I heard Mathis is salty!!! They are located near the Gulf. lol

I spent time in South Texas when I was in Jr High. Talent of teams is like JV vs Varsity comparing R4 with R1-R3. lol Not even CLOSE!!!:rolleyes:

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 11:48 AM
We shall see...what are they ranked?

I don't know, but their first game they squeaked out a 29-22 win over a team that's now 1-4.

Since then they've been scoring in the 50s and 60s.

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 11:49 AM
We did fall 2 spots in the Maxpreps nationwide poll this week... from 48th to 50th.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2010, 11:49 AM

I spent time in South Texas when I was in Jr High. Talent of teams is like JV vs Varsity comparing R4 with R1-R3. lol Not even CLOSE!!!:rolleyes: Pirates!

hollywood
10-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Pirates!

Bout every blue moon.

:eek:

:1popcorn:

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Probably have an edge? BAHAHAHAHAH

If you are going on stats, maybe...but realistically, Bport ain't got nothing on Brownwood offensively. Not even close.

BW/Graham- BW= 37 pts.
BP/Graham- BP= 34 pts.

Now those are hard facts--not Rocket Racket....:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2010, 11:54 AM
they played in 1999 State championship, the real Pirates from Sinton played Everman in 2001 state championship. Blah Everman came back to win after being down at halftime!

hollywood
10-06-2010, 11:54 AM
BW/Graham- BW= 37 pts.
BP/Graham- BP= 34 pts.

LOL

37 with #2's playing 2nd half.

BwdLion73
10-06-2010, 11:55 AM

:doh:

hollywood
they played in 1999 State championship, the real Pirates from Sinton played Everman in 2001 state championship. Blah Everman came back to win after being down at halftime! '

Like I said, 'bout every blue moon. :rolleyes:

Tin Cup
Brown is one of the most underrated QB's in 3A. If you disagree you haven't watched him. That's all I have to say.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2010, 11:57 AM
'

Like I said, 'bout every blue moon. :rolleyes:

:D moon is blue these days :p

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
LOL

37 with #2's playing 2nd half.

Yea, yea and when the 1st string was in, BW played only 9 players and punted on 2nd down 4 times just to be nice....:D

HeavyD
10-06-2010, 12:01 PM
You're an expert because you saw Pachall one game?

I watched him for 3 seasons... seen Brown for 3 games last year and 6 games this year....

Both are awesome QBs. Pachall is a D1 QB now... Brown is a HS QB now. We aren't comparing Brown to Pachall now. We are comparing Brown (HS QB) to Pachall when he was a HS QB. This offense is better all around because Brown is as good as Pachall was. The receiving corp is about the same if not slightly better, but it is MUCH deeper. The RB is the same kid but now he's 2 years older.

The O-line is better now too. Graylon isn't hurried to make throws, he can sit in the pocket and not be too worried. All Saints had 29 sacks in 5 games coming in to last week, they didn't come near a sack last week.

So all in all this year is a better O. Pachall was good, but 19 turnovers and no playoff run in '08, I would take Brown 8 days a week, and the recievers

Old LB
10-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Guess when December gets here we will all know who's is best!:devil:

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Guess when December gets here we will all know who's is best!:devil:

The ONLY true test, LB....

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 12:08 PM
they played in 1999 State championship... :D

Rocket
10-06-2010, 12:28 PM
BW/Graham- BW= 37 pts.
BP/Graham- BP= 34 pts.

Did Bport pull their starters after the first drive of the 2nd half?

garciap77
10-06-2010, 12:38 PM
BW/Graham- BW= 37 pts.
BP/Graham- BP= 34 pts.

LOL

garciap77
10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Yea, yea and when the 1st string was in, BW played only 9 players and punted on 2nd down 4 times just to be nice....:D

LOL

DaHop72
10-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Did Bport pull their starters after the first drive of the 2nd half? http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/fruitcake.jpg

garciap77
10-06-2010, 12:41 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/fruitcake.jpg

LOL

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 02:04 PM
BW/Graham- BW= 37 pts.
BP/Graham- BP= 34 pts.

37-0 with about 10 min left in the third and the starters came out. Final was 37-7... so that's a 30 point spread.

Ask anyone from Graham... if the starters were left in it would have been a 60 pt margin.

How much did your starters have to play to win by 34?

Rocket
10-06-2010, 02:05 PM
OH I HOPE THAT BROWNWOOD PLAYS BRIDGEPORT! It will be over by halftime.

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 02:06 PM
OH I HOPE THAT BROWNWOOD PLAYS BRIDGEPORT! It will be over by halftime.

Graham posters seem to agree on the thread I posted earlier in the week asking their opinion.

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 02:19 PM
37-0 with about 10 min left in the third and the starters came out. Final was 37-7... so that's a 30 point spread.

Ask anyone from Graham... if the starters were left in it would have been a 60 pt margin.

How much did your starters have to play to win by 34?

Actually, we won by 13pts. But, we never play all our starters until the playoffs, and we only run about 50% of our playbook until then, also.

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Actually, we won by 13pts. But, we never play all our starters until the playoffs, and we only run about 50% of our playbook until then, also.

That must be why you lost to Alvarado... only running 50% of your playbook means you would have scored twice as much had you run the whole thing right?

And I was quoting you on the 34 pt thing.

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 02:23 PM
nm

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 02:27 PM
That must be why you lost to Alvarado... only running 50% of your playbook means you would have scored twice as much had you run the whole thing right?

And I was quoting you on the 34 pt thing.

That is correct, blion, I just knew you guys from Brownwood would be the only ones capable of appreciating and understanding my arguments...:D

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 02:28 PM
That is correct, blion, I just knew you guys from Brownwood would be the only ones capable of appreciating and understanding my arguments...:D

Gotcha :D

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
O.k.--let's go for broke....

Celina, Argyle, or Wimberley right now would have a pretty good chance of beating the Lions on a given day...All 3 would be a slight underdog going in--but they could do it. We discussed the Bulls chances at length in another thread, so I'm leaving them out for now in order not to make everyone's eyes roll up.

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Dang, I throw a big wasp's nest into the dance hall and nobody is even motivated enough to jump thru the window...:D

Seriously, I do believe that Celina, Argyle, and Wimberley are the teams who are playing at the highest level and would have the best chances against Brownwood right now---and a little later on in the season, the Bulls could be a factor.

charlesrixey
10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
honestly i think Gilmer, come playoff time, would be a tough draw for Brownwood. Brownwood is somewhat lucky that the region 1 draw is down this year overall.

Old LB
10-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I sure hope for a Brownwood/Wimberly rematch this year, we sort of owe those guys one.

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
honestly i think Gilmer, come playoff time, would be a tough draw for Brownwood. Brownwood is somewhat lucky that the region 1 draw is down this year overall. Gilmer has made some changes to their D and never needed to change their O, other than limiting TOs. The Buckeye special teams should make Shipley a non factor. I think that Gilmer could be more dangerous this year than last before it is all said and done. Of course I am still not counting out LE, if the offense starts playing on the same level as the defense it could be an exciting few weeks in region 2.

I am waiting to see what Kennedale does this week... I think with their defense they could cause B'wood some problems.

Bosqueville
10-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Gilmer has made some changes to their D and never needed to change their O, other than limiting TOs. The Buckeye special teams should make Shipley a non factor. I think that Gilmer could be more dangerous this year than last before it is all said and done. Of course I am still not counting out LE, if the offense starts playing on the same level as the defense it could be an exciting few weeks in region 2.

I am waiting to see what Kennedale does this week... I think with their defense they could cause B'wood some problems.

I think Brownwood's defense will cause Kennedale some problems. ;)

Bosqueville
10-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Dang, I throw a big wasp's nest into the dance hall and nobody is even motivated enough to jump thru the window...:D

Seriously, I do believe that Celina, Argyle, and Wimberley are the teams who are playing at the highest level and would have the best chances against Brownwood right now---and a little later on in the season, the Bulls could be a factor.

I see you're not too quick to tell us the team that might give your precious bulls a tough time... Your thoughts?? Brownwood maybe?

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 03:44 PM
The Buckeye special teams should make Shipley a non factor.

He's pretty much been a non factor on special teams since early in the year because no one will kick to him. The only way you do that is to kick it short and or out of bounds. That's fine with us... give our O a short field.

cowboyandchrist
10-06-2010, 03:50 PM
There are three teams in East Texas that I believe would be a big test for Brownwood. Mr. Shipley may run by the teams they have played so far, but the secondary from the Henderson Lions, Gilmer Buckeyes, and Chapell Hill Bulldogs are very fast and will knock your head off when you catch the ball. I do not believe he can run by East Texas speed. Just my opinion, when I get to see Brownwood play I may proven wrong.

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
There are three teams in East Texas that I believe would be a big test for Brownwood. Mr. Shipley may run by the teams they have played so far, but the secondary from the Henderson Lions, Gilmer Buckeyes, and Chapell Hill Bulldogs are very fast and will knock your head off when you catch the ball. I do not believe he can run by East Texas speed. Just my opinion, when I get to see Brownwood play I may proven wrong.

Are you planning to make a specific game? If so, which one?

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
I see you're not too quick to tell us the team that might give your precious bulls a tough time... Your thoughts?? Brownwood maybe?

Sorta hard to imagine a "precious" Bull don't ya think, Bosque? :D

I think the Bulls will have to fight every nearly every step of the way to a deep playoff run, starting with Decatur, our fiercest rival, this week, hopefully a clean district run after that, and then maybe Kennedale or a repeat game with Alvarado in RD 1, and then those bashful Lions in Rd 2, if we can get there. I think Celina, Argyle, Wimberley, and Brownwood are are all playing at a higher level than the Bulls right now---and that is certainly no lack of faith, but a naked, truthful opinion reflective of how I see these teams right now.

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 04:06 PM
He's pretty much been a non factor on special teams since early in the year because no one will kick to him. The only way you do that is to kick it short and or out of bounds. That's fine with us... give our O a short field. Gilmer has the capabilty of putting it in the endzone and on punts they quick kick it and I think Waterboy said they are avg 50 yds a punt.

loco toro
10-06-2010, 04:15 PM
bridgeport could give brownwood all they want

cowboyandchrist
10-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Are you planning to make a specific game? If so, which one?
I may drive to the Brownwood- Bridgeport game. I do not miss my Tatum Eagle games, but I would love to see Brownwood play.
We will be such an over match for anyone in our district, I may pick one of those games to miss so I can watch them play. Who do you recomend I watch Brownwood play in order to get a good idea how good they are. If we lose in the playoff I will follow Gilmer, Carthage, Henderson. I do not think we will get beat this year. I truly believe we would be a contender in 3a this year. We averaged 500 yards per game and 42 points a game against all 3A opponents, one being at the time #3 ranked Gilmer and #12 Pittsburg. I will try and go to a Brownwood game, just need to know which one.

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 04:23 PM
I may drive to the Brownwood- Bridgeport game. I do not miss my Tatum Eagle games, but I would love to see Brownwood play.
We will be such an over match for anyone in our district, I may pick one of those games to miss so I can watch them play. Who do you recomend I watch Brownwood play in order to get a good idea how good they are. If we lose in the playoff I will follow Gilmer, Carthage, Henderson. I do not think we will get beat this year. I truly believe we would be a contender in 3a this year. We averaged 500 yards per game and 42 points a game against all 3A opponents, one being at the time #3 ranked Gilmer and #12 Pittsburg. I will try and go to a Brownwood game, just need to know which one.

I'd tell you a playoff game. Simply because you're east of us and our district is west of us! We have Big Spring and Sweetwater both in Brownwood (should win pretty heavily in both). We have Snyder and Abilene Wylie on the road. Snyder is supposed to be really good and that could be a good game to watch but Snyder is forever far away from Tatum. Abilene Wylie is also a pretty far drive from you.

Tin Cup
10-06-2010, 05:43 PM
A 50 yard punt to Shipley would be a bad idea. You would be better off punting it 30 with no return.

Here's my list of "threats" to Brownwood:

Argyle, Gilmer, Snyder, Celina, Kirbyville, WOS, & Henderson. Wimberley banged up like they are I think we'd beat by 28+.

I think we will win 16 Games this year but we have to stay healthy.

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
A 50 yard punt to Shipley would be a bad idea. You would be better off punting it 30 with no return.

Without a doubt... go ahead and boom one 50 yards to him where he's got 10-15 yards ahead of him after he catches it.

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Without a doubt... go ahead and boom one 50 yards to him where he's got 10-15 yards ahead of him after he catches it. If Shipley is back to return a Quick Kick I would imagine that since they are lined up in an offensive formation 11 on 10 they just might fake the kick and pass to the open receiver... Their QB is the punter.

bobcat1
10-06-2010, 06:25 PM

I think we will win 16 Games this year but we have to stay healthy. I hope you only get to play in 15 and wind up 14-1 losing the state game to the guys in the beautiful Orange unis.:D

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I hope you only get to play in 15 and wind up 14-1 losing the state game to the guys in the beautiful Orange unis.:D

There just ain't no justice with Celina being the biggest school in their district. :(

garciap77
10-06-2010, 06:43 PM
O.k.--let's go for broke....

Celina, Argyle, or Wimberley right now would have a pretty good chance of beating the Lions on a given day...All 3 would be a slight underdog going in--but they could do it. We discussed the Bulls chances at length in another thread, so I'm leaving them out for now in order not to make everyone's eyes roll up.

And .................
Sinton, Bridgeport, Snyder, Big Spring, Wylie, Sweetwater, .... all I can think of right now, but there are more ..... LE, Gilmer, Cureo ..... the list goes on and on!:D :D :D :D :D

P.S. AND CELINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I hope you only get to play in 15 and wind up 14-1 losing the state game to the guys in the beautiful Orange unis.:D

Aren't you in region 2? Seems hard that region 1 and region 2 would meet for the title... lol

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 07:04 PM
If Shipley is back to return a Quick Kick I would imagine that since they are lined up in an offensive formation 11 on 10 they just might fake the kick and pass to the open receiver... Their QB is the punter.

You can drop 1 back even when the opponent lines up and quick kicks it. It is possible to cover 11 with 10... maybe not for LE, but it is for Brownwood.

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 07:20 PM
You can drop 1 back even when the opponent lines up and quick kicks it. It is possible to cover 11 with 10... maybe not for LE, but it is for Brownwood. You are absolutely right and it is possible that you will give at least 2 guys a free shot at your return man because you will have to play defense while Gilmer is covering a punt thus giving free release to what they have to expect to be receivers. :thinking:

alaskacat
10-06-2010, 07:33 PM
based on?

1. tradition
2. Brownwwod always beats Brownwood
3. When the marbles are down, B wood will choke:)

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 07:44 PM
You are absolutely right and it is possible that you will give at least 2 guys a free shot at your return man because you will have to play defense while Gilmer is covering a punt thus giving free release to what they have to expect to be receivers. :thinking:

2 guys in the open field vs shipley... i'll take shipley every time. only time he gets in trouble is in a big big crowd of players

by the way... it's called a quick kick... thus it's kicked quickly or else it's blocked... you don't have to play 'defense' for long because the ball is kicked almost instantly.

the only time you're going to have kids down field in time to get a free open field shot on the return man on a 50 yard punt is if it's got a lot longer hang time than most high school punters are capable of... or if they rugby style it

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 07:45 PM
if i were going to punt to shipley i think i'd rugby style it

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 08:05 PM
2 guys in the open field vs shipley... i'll take shipley every time. only time he gets in trouble is in a big big crowd of players

by the way... it's called a quick kick... thus it's kicked quickly or else it's blocked... you don't have to play 'defense' for long because the ball is kicked almost instantly.

the only time you're going to have kids down field in time to get a free open field shot on the return man on a 50 yard punt is if it's got a lot longer hang time than most high school punters are capable of... or if they rugby style it Ummmm NO.... There is nothing instant about their kick....but I can almost promise you that Bob Shipley will not put his son back there looking up into the air, defenseless. Luke has plenty of hang time on his punts. He is very comparable to Will Middlebrooks....Plus if it is 4th and less than 5 and Gilmer is past their 40 there is a great probabilty that they are going for it. Gilmer probably goes for more on 4th down than anyother team in Texas.

Gosh if I keep on with Gilmer I'm gonna have to get me some of that "Great Pumpkin orange" gear.:doh:

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 08:11 PM

That 2008 offense scored 391 points thru 10 games. Other than Manor and Breckenridge I don't think our first O ever came out of a game (our only other win was Burnet and it was close enough I know they didn't come out)... so let's say that the starters were in for a full 9 games (took two halves off)... I'll use avg points per quarter they played... that's 391/36= 10.8 pts per quarter for the starters in 2008.

This year we have scored 320 points thru 6 games (53 a game). The starting O has played about a total of about 15 quarters. I went through each game and tried to remember what the starters put up before they were pulled, and I'm coming up to 283 points. 283/15 is 18.9 pts per quarter. Multiply that out... they'd average 75 points per game if they were left in and scored at the same rate throughout the game.

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Gosh if I keep on with Gilmer I'm gonna have to get me some of that "Great Pumpkin orange" gear.:doh:

Yep, we could do this all night. Might as well agree to disagree.

bobcat1
10-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Aren't you in region 2? Seems hard that region 1 and region 2 would meet for the title... lol Oh dang you are right. I stand corrected 13-1.:D

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Oh dang you are right. I stand corrected 13-1.:D

For us to even have a chance to meet.... Sweetwater HAS to beat Wylie this Friday.

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
And .................
Sinton, Bridgeport, Snyder, Big Spring, Wylie, Sweetwater, .... all I can think of right now, but there are more ..... LE, Gilmer, Cureo ..... the list goes on and on!:D :D :D :D :D

P.S. AND CELINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
10-06-2010, 08:35 PM
For us to even have a chance to meet.... Sweetwater HAS to beat Wylie this Friday. Go Ponies! (Sorry ccmom and Garcia. Selfish I know.:p ) It sure would be a great week if Celina and Brownwood did meet. I'm sure the odds aren't good but two storied programs meeting in the semis would have to be at Jerry's World!;)

Looking4number8
10-06-2010, 08:37 PM
would have to be at Jerry's World!;)

Been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt..... just thought I would throw that in since last Thursday was SO MUCH FUN!!!!

bobcat1
10-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt..... just thought I would throw that in since last Thursday was SO MUCH FUN!!!! Always good to have a positive memory to balance out a negative.:p

garciap77
10-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
1. tradition
2. Brownwwod always beats Brownwood
3. When the marbles are down, B wood will choke:)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
10-06-2010, 09:49 PM
if i were going to punt to shipley i think i'd rugby style it

Thanks for the info!:D

;)

garciap77
10-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Go Ponies! (Sorry ccmom and Garcia. Selfish I know.:p ) It sure would be a great week if Celina and Brownwood did meet. I'm sure the odds aren't good but two storied programs meeting in the semis would have to be at Jerry's World!;)

Hey! They also have to make it out of our district!:D :D :D

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the info!:D

;)

I'm sure ole Hugh already has his style of punting figured out... he's done it enough already this season... the future doesn't look any brighter either

garciap77
10-06-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm sure ole Hugh already has his style of punting figured out... he's done it enough already this season... the future doesn't look any brighter either

The future always looks brighter when your are a WYLIE BULLDOG!!!!!:) :) :)

Looking4number8
10-06-2010, 10:08 PM

This year that statement has some truth to it. looking back at the bleak past 6 games, the future has to look bright.

LE Dad
10-06-2010, 10:08 PM
The future always looks brighter when your are a WYLIE BULLDOG!!!!!:) :) :) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

bwdlionfan
10-06-2010, 10:11 PM
This year that statement has some truth to it. looking back at the bleak past 6 games, the future has to look bright.

lol

garciap77
10-06-2010, 10:21 PM

Six games is nothing, it's when you have to look back 26 years; now that's a problem!:D

;)

hollywood
10-06-2010, 11:53 PM
GP, why don't you change your pic in your sig? That was a winning team! Lol

... Besides, they already graduated.

ccmom
10-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Six games is nothing, it's when you have to look back 26 years; now that's a problem!:D

;) :2thumbsup :evillol:

hollywood
10-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
:2thumbsup :evillol:

Oh hush up! You just like feeding off of GP's brilliant posts. lol

;)

ctown
10-07-2010, 08:25 AM

;)

Ahh. Just found my vote for post of the day.

LE Dad
10-07-2010, 08:27 AM

;) :eek: :eek: :eek:

BwdLions
10-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by loco toro
bridgeport could give brownwood all they want

After watching the Bulls play Graham last week, I will say right now it would be around 21-28 point loss for the Bulls. The Bulls are a good team, but if Graham had more firepower on offense it would have been a much different outcome. Maybe the Bulls had an off night, but you're way off on your statement loco. If fact, I'll go as far to say you're loco. :crazy1:

Rocket
10-07-2010, 12:53 PM

Did it look brighter last year? LOL

Rocket
10-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
After watching the Bulls play Graham last week, I will say right now it would be around 21-28 point loss for the Bulls. The Bulls are a good team, but if Graham had more firepower on offense it would have been a much different outcome. Maybe the Bulls had an off night, but you're way off on your statement loco. If fact, I'll go as far to say you're loco. :crazy1:

Brownwood will utterly dismantle and destroy Bridgeport. It will be so gross.

Bullaholic
10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Brownwood will utterly dismantle and destroy Bridgeport. It will be so gross.

"We made them drink poison last night and Saddam Hussein's soldiers and his great forces gave the Americans a lesson which will not be forgotten by history. Truly."

-Baghdad Bob- circa 1991

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/jokes/bljoke-iraqinfominister.htm

(DISCLAIMER- There in no equating the loss of human lives in war with a highschool football game. I make no such comparsion and use the above quote as a reference only.)

trojandad
10-07-2010, 03:57 PM
"We made them drink poison last night and Saddam Hussein's soldiers and his great forces gave the Americans a lesson which will not be forgotten by history. Truly."

-Baghdad Bob- circa 1991

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/jokes/bljoke-iraqinfominister.htm

(DISCLAIMER- There in no equating the loss of human lives in war with a highschool football game. I make no such comparsion and use the above quote as a reference only.)

now THAT was funny, i don't care who ya are.....:fnypost:

DaHop72
10-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Did Bport pull their starters after the first drive of the 2nd half? http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/charliebrown.jpg

garciap77
10-07-2010, 05:20 PM
GP, why don't you change your pic in your sig? That was a winning team! Lol

... Besides, they already graduated.

I have not had chance!!!:(

But, I will ASAP!:)

Have you decided if you are from Brownwood or not?????:D

garciap77
10-07-2010, 05:22 PM

Wylie will utterly dismantle and destroy Brownwood. It will be so gross. LOL

LE Dad
10-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Wylie will utterly dismantle and destroy Brownwood. It will be so gross. LOL :clap: :clap:

garciap77
10-07-2010, 05:27 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8629posting-1-1.jpg

garciap77
:clap: :clap:

LE Dad

Have you decided if you are from Brownwood or not?????:D :eek: :eek: :eek:

ctown
10-07-2010, 05:59 PM
CELINA!!!!!

garciap77
10-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by ctown
CELINA!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Antec
10-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Needville and Sweeny are pretty big just like Columbia and Sweeny.

Bellville and Sealy are big too

Rocket
10-07-2010, 07:07 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8629posting-1-1.jpg

This year. FAIL. Tres y Siete

garciap77
10-07-2010, 07:13 PM
This year. FAIL. Tres y Siete

Maybe and Maybe not!!!!LOL

Rocket
10-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Maybe and Maybe not!!!!LOL

Brownwood is going to whip Wylie's butt. Wait for it...

bobcat1
10-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Brownwood is going to whip Wylie's butt. Wait for it... You better hope so or it's early hiding for you. :D

Rocket
10-07-2010, 08:09 PM
You better hope so or it's early hiding for you. :D

When are you going to respect your betters? Brownwood is definitely better.

hollywood
10-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I have not had chance!!!:(

But, I will ASAP!:)

Have you decided if you are from Brownwood or not?????:D

LOL. What makes you think that??:confused:

I bleed maroon like the rest of everyone else. Believe it or not, you are a maroon blood too. Everyone ls blood is maroon. Haha

Black_Magic
10-08-2010, 08:41 AM

Here's my list of "threats" to Brownwood:

Argyle, Gilmer, Snyder, Celina, Kirbyville, WOS, & Henderson. Wimberley banged up like they are I think we'd beat by 28+.

I think we will win 16 Games this year but we have to stay healthy. I think its likely that Brownwood and Snyder quite posibley will have to beat the other at least once and maybe twice this year in order to be in position to play for a state championship.. On the note of the Brownwood offence. I agree with the point made that the 2008 Offence is at least as good as what they have now. I really cant see how anyone can say that the 2010 is Better than the one in 2008 when you look at the stats of both

hollywood
10-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I think its likely that Brownwood and Snyder quite posibley will have to beat the other at least once and maybe twice this year in order to be in position to play for a state championship.. On the note of the Brownwood offence. I agree with the point made that the 2008 Offence is at least as good as what they have now. I really cant see how anyone can say that the 2010 is Better than the one in 2008 when you look at the stats of both

Since you can't see now, very soon you will see the light. 2008, 1st team had to play the whole game. 2010, the 1st team only plays the 1st half of each game. BIG difference.

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Since you can't see now, very soon you will see the light. 2008, 1st team had to play the whole game. 2010, the 1st team only plays the 1st half of each game. BIG difference. If that's the case, it would seem like there are several teams in 3a that your scenerio would apply to as well. It seems that many teams are only playing their offenses for a half and one series in the second before pulling the starters. Of course, what would DUKE22 and Black Magic know about football anyway compared to most fans on this board. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Rocket
10-08-2010, 09:44 AM
I think its likely that Brownwood and Snyder quite posibley will have to beat the other at least once and maybe twice this year in order to be in position to play for a state championship.. On the note of the Brownwood offence. I agree with the point made that the 2008 Offence is at least as good as what they have now. I really cant see how anyone can say that the 2010 is Better than the one in 2008 when you look at the stats of both

It's called a powerful running game and a diffferent OC, and more weapons than 2008. Come on BM, you know better. Snyder will be dealt with just like all of the other teams that have been destroyed on Brownwood's schedule.

On another note: A lot of people say Stephenville sucks. That is not true. And Brownwood is the only team that has destroyed them. Hebron couldn't do it, Mesquite Horn couldn't do it, only Brownwood.

BEAST
10-08-2010, 09:46 AM
If that's the case, it would seem like there are several teams in 3a that your scenerio would apply to as well. It seems that many teams are only playing their offenses for a half and one series in the second before pulling the starters. Of course, what would DUKE22 and Black Magic know about football anyway compared to most fans on this board. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Black Magic said "if you go by stats". Thats why it was brought up that our stats are basically first half stats.

BEAST

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 09:47 AM
It's called a powerful running game and a diffferent OC, and more weapons than 2008. Come on BM, you know better. Snyder will be dealt with just like all of the other teams that have been destroyed on Brownwood's schedule.

On another note: A lot of people say Stephenville sucks. That is not true. And Brownwood is the only team that has destroyed them. Hebron couldn't do it, Mesquite Horn couldn't do it, only Brownwood.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/charliebrown.jpg

Rocket
10-08-2010, 09:47 AM
If that's the case, it would seem like there are several teams in 3a that your scenerio would apply to as well. It seems that many teams are only playing their offenses for a half and one series in the second before pulling the starters. Of course, what would DUKE22 and Black Magic know about football anyway compared to most fans on this board. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Snyder's one dimensional running offense is going to get shut down. Then what? Snyder will be in that black hole all teams find themselves in about 10:00 left in the 2nd Quarter. 28-0...

Rocket
10-08-2010, 09:53 AM
I think it's cute that Snyder thinks they can hang with The Wood. All teams do. At first...

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Snyder's one dimensional running offense is going to get shut down. Then what? Snyder will be in that black hole all teams find themselves in about 10:00 left in the 2nd Quarter. 28-0... :1omg!: For someone that is suppose to know so much the above statement shows just how little you know.:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Rocket
10-08-2010, 09:56 AM
:1omg!: For someone that is suppose to know so much the above statement shows just how little you know.:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Oh yeah? Your running back/QB is all of the sudden a Peyton Manning type? LOL Snyder could barely complete a pass a year ago...maybe this year, Snyder will get more than 1 first down in the 2nd half... ;)

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Oh yeah? Your running back/QB is all of the sudden a Peyton Manning type? LOL I guess Brownwood <bows head> must be one dimensional as well by the "Rocket" theory. What a knuckle head. :nerd: :nerd:

Eagle 1
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM

Rocket
10-08-2010, 10:01 AM
I guess Brownwood <bows head> must be one dimensional as well by the "Rocket" theory. What a knuckle head. :nerd: :nerd:

At least you will get to watch a real team play this season. ;)

Rocket
10-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Hmmmmm.... One Dimensional? LOL :thinking: :doh:

Brownwood Season Stats

Updated stats-Oct. 6 (Includes All Saints game)

TEAM OFFENSE
320 points (53.3 per game)
2,858 total yards (476.3 per game)
1,496 passing yards (249.3 per game)
1,362 rushing yards (227 per game)
39 penalties for 353 yards
13 punts for 544 yards, 41.8 average
43 of 45 PATs
22-of-48 on third down (45.8 percent)
5 Turnovers

TEAM DEFENSE
83 points (13.8 per game)
1,693 total yards (282.2 per game)
866 passing yards (144.3 per game)
827 rushing yards (137.9 per game)
33 penalties for 232 yards
26 punts for 769 yards, 29.6 average
20 Turnovers
25 Tackles for Loss
17 Sacks

INDIVIDUAL PASSING
Graylon Brown 87 of 132, 1,451 yards, 18 TDs, 2 INTs
Derek Longoria 1 of 1, 37 yards, 1 TD
Mitch Stephens 1 of 1, 8 yards

INDIVIDUAL RUSHING
Stehl Ratliff 43-392, 9 TDs
Graylon Brown 34-315, 5 TDs
Levi Perez 35-251, 4 TDs
Cameron Deal 28-176, 3 TDs
Mitch Stephens 17-108
Jaxon Shipley 3-52
Thumper Harrell 9-46
Derek Longoria 5-20

INDIVIDUAL RECEIVING
Jaxon Shipley 29-519, 10 TDs
Luke Chastain 19-409, 4 TDs
Vance McShan 12-177, 2 TDs
Cade Johnson 8-112, 2 TDs
Stehl Ratliff 8-107
Dillon Ellis 6-81
Levi Perez 4-17
Derek Longoria 2-74, TD
Graylon Brown 1-0

DEFENSE
Jorge De La Paz (51 tackles, 3 sacks)
Tyler Harth (50 tackles, sack, interception)
Derek Longoria (42 tackles, interception)
Caden Ellis (39 tackles)
Levi Westerman (39 tackles, 3 sacks, fumble recovery)
Payton Christopher (39 tackles, fumble recovery)
Abel Jimenez (37 tackles)
Rey Arriaga (37 tackles, 2 sacks, fumble recovery)
Luke Chastain (36 tackles, 5 interceptions, fumble recovery)
Kevin Vaccaro (35 tackles, interception)
Garrett Kemp (34 tackles, sack)
Alex Elizondo (32 tackles, sack)
Vance McShan (25 tackles, 2 interceptions, fumble recovery)
Cameron Deal (14 tackles)
Chris Cotton (11 tackles)
Jonathan McDonald (11 tackles, 2 sacks)
Ethan Horton (9 tackles, 2 sacks, fumble recovery)
Aaron Gomez (9 tackles)
Jacob Bryant (5 tackles)
Cade Johnson (5 tackles)
A.J. Salazar (5 tackles)
Thumper Harrell (4 tackles)
Jaxon Shipley (3 tackles, 2 interceptions)
Dillon Ellis (2 tackles)
Marshall King (1 tackle)
Matt Newton (1 tackle)
Stehl Ratliff (1 tackle)
Gabriel Rivas (1 tackle)

Derrick Stuckly
Sports Editor
Brownwood Bulletin

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 10:03 AM
At least you will get to watch a real team play this season. ;) I see one everytime the Tigers take the field. Since it's going to be such a blow-out I guess you won't need to waste your gas money to come. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket
10-08-2010, 10:05 AM
I see one everytime the Tigers take the field. Since it's going to be such a blow-out I guess you won't need to waste your gas money to come. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh no, I will watch and laugh. Like I have been doing all season. I despise Snyder and can't wait to watch them get manhandled.

I said a REAL team. One that will tell your Tigers what they can and cannot do. :)

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 10:05 AM

Brownwood Season Stats

TEAM OFFENSE
43 of 45 PATs
5 Turnovers

TEAM DEFENSE
20 Turnovers
25 Tackles for Loss
17 Sacks

INDIVIDUAL PASSING

INDIVIDUAL RUSHING
Levi Perez 35-251, 4 TDs
Mitch Stephens 17-108
Jaxon Shipley 3-52
Thumper Harrell 9-46
Derek Longoria 5-20

INDIVIDUAL RECEIVING
Stehl Ratliff 8-107
Dillon Ellis 6-81
Levi Perez 4-17
Derek Longoria 2-74, TD
Graylon Brown 1-0

DEFENSE
Caden Ellis (39 tackles)
Aaron Gomez (9 tackles)
Jacob Bryant (5 tackles)
Cade Johnson (5 tackles)
A.J. Salazar (5 tackles)
Dillon Ellis (2 tackles)
Marshall King (1 tackle)
Matt Newton (1 tackle)
Stehl Ratliff (1 tackle)
Gabriel Rivas (1 tackle)

Derrick Stuckly
Sports Editor
Brownwood Bulletin :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great job since we both know that STATS win football games. :doh: :doh:

Rocket
10-08-2010, 10:07 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great job since we both know that STATS win football games. :doh: :doh:

We all know that stats are what's left after you play the games. ;) And they will be even better after the Snyder game.

Black_Magic
10-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Back on the subject. Rocket does crack me up almost all the time. Some of his post show just how little he does know. But on the topic of BW offence. in 2008 you had 2 Division one players and a couple of DII players on that squad. Isnt the QB of that team the backup for the Frogs? your OT playing for LSU.. I hear you talking about your QB. True he is very good QB No doubt about it at all. BUT you cant say he is better than the guy playing for TCU. " but if he were 6'4" bla bla.." He isnt 6'4"... he and BW are very good no doubt.

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 10:11 AM
We all know that stats are what's left after you play the games. ;) And they will be even better after the Snyder game. I guess they will look good beside that L you will have after you leave the big city. :devil: :devil:

Bullaholic
10-08-2010, 10:13 AM
I guess Brownwood <bows head> must be one dimensional as well by the "Rocket" theory. What a knuckle head. :nerd: :nerd:

05' and 08' Bridgeport offenses would have scared Rocket to death, Hop......

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 10:16 AM
05' and 08' Bridgeport offenses would have scared Rocket to death, Hop...... No they wouldn't have Bull because they can't compare to the juggernaut that the Lions have in '10 and besides they had the best offense in '08 as well. Don't forget, if they would have had a defense the Bulls wouldn't have had a chance to have move on into the playoffs. :D :D

Black_Magic
10-08-2010, 10:23 AM
No they wouldn't have Bull because they can't compare to the juggernaut that the Lions have in '10 and besides they had the best offense in '08 as well. Don't forget, if they would have had a defense the Bulls wouldn't have had a chance to have move on into the playoffs. :D :D Its hard to have a real conversation with folks like the ones your talking about. 1) they dont really know what they are talking about , ie uninformed. 2) they are so confrontational in tone its hard to talk inteligently about anything. They have the mindset of How DARE you even think you can hang in there or even compair to BW. If you do have a disenting oppinon from them they trun to insults and sometimes personal attacks if all fails...

Bullaholic
10-08-2010, 10:24 AM
No they wouldn't have Bull because they can't compare to the juggernaut that the Lions have in '10 and besides they had the best offense in '08 as well. Don't forget, if they would have had a defense the Bulls wouldn't have had a chance to have move on into the playoffs. :D :D

Well, at least I know you saw with your own eyes what the kicker-less 05' Bulls and Colin Jones could do with the football against a great Monahans team.

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Well, at least I know you saw with your own eyes what the kicker-less 05' Bulls and Colin Jones could do with the football against a great Monahans team. I saw a pretty good team give it's all in Waco as well even though they were decimated and limited by injury. :clap: :clap: Of course, we all know that without the officials help in Sweetwater they wouldn't have gotten that far. :D :D :D :D

LE Dad
10-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Its hard to have a real conversation with folks like the ones your talking about. 1) they dont really know what they are talking about , ie uninformed. 2) they are so confrontational in tone its hard to talk inteligently about anything. They have the mindset of How DARE you even think you can hang in there or even compair to BW. If you do have a disenting oppinon from them they trun to insults and sometimes personal attacks if all fails... :thinking: Yep!!! pretty much sums it up.:clap: :clap:

Tin Cup
10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
I find it hilarious that people that haven't seen us play this year can say which Brownwood offense is better. That's just dumb. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I'll take The 2010 offense any day of the week and twice on Friday.

Black_Magic
10-08-2010, 10:39 AM
I find it hilarious that people that haven't seen us play this year can say which Brownwood offense is better. That's just dumb. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I'll take The 2010 offense any day of the week and twice on Friday. what makes you think people havent seen BW play this year? AND in 2008:doh:

Tin Cup
10-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Who'd you watch us against?

BwdLion73
10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
:thinking: Yep!!! pretty much sums it up.:clap: :clap:

:( :dispntd:

HeavyD
10-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I find it hilarious that people that haven't seen us play this year can say which Brownwood offense is better. That's just dumb. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I'll take The 2010 offense any day of the week and twice on Friday.

Turnovers(QB Play) and overall team speed is the difference maker between 08 an 10 offensive teams

Old Cardinal
10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Rocket: I don't know you are anything about you-except what I read. I am sure that Brownwood has one of the better teams in 3A at present; but your insane blabbering has hurt the whole image of that school and also the football program.

If you could- kool- it a bit, I think the Brownwood, other fans would appreciate it.

I would appreciate Comments from others that are not from Brownwood.......

COMMENTS?

BleedOrange
10-08-2010, 11:47 AM

Brownwood Season Stats

TEAM OFFENSE
43 of 45 PATs
5 Turnovers

TEAM DEFENSE
20 Turnovers
25 Tackles for Loss
17 Sacks

INDIVIDUAL PASSING

INDIVIDUAL RUSHING
Levi Perez 35-251, 4 TDs
Mitch Stephens 17-108
Jaxon Shipley 3-52
Thumper Harrell 9-46
Derek Longoria 5-20

INDIVIDUAL RECEIVING
Stehl Ratliff 8-107
Dillon Ellis 6-81
Levi Perez 4-17
Derek Longoria 2-74, TD
Graylon Brown 1-0

DEFENSE
Caden Ellis (39 tackles)
Aaron Gomez (9 tackles)
Jacob Bryant (5 tackles)
Cade Johnson (5 tackles)
A.J. Salazar (5 tackles)
Dillon Ellis (2 tackles)
Marshall King (1 tackle)
Matt Newton (1 tackle)
Stehl Ratliff (1 tackle)
Gabriel Rivas (1 tackle)

Derrick Stuckly
Sports Editor
Brownwood Bulletin

Interesting. Here is what I noted... less yards per game on offense than Celina and giving up more yards on defense per game than Celina.

Let the Rocket games begin.

Lion_Addict
10-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Interesting. Here is what I noted... less yards per game on offense than Celina and giving up more yards on defense per game than Celina.

Nothing we would like more than to have a matchup with ya'll, and find out what's what ON THE FIELD......been a looooong time coming! :cool:

garciap77
10-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Rocket: I don't know you are anything about you-except what I read. I am sure that Brownwood has one of the better teams in 3A at present; but your insane blabbering has hurt the whole image of that school and also the football program.

If you could- kool- it a bit, I think the Brownwood, other fans would appreciate it.

COMMENTS?

He's been blabbering since the UIL realignment put Brownwood in 3A. He claimed the 3A title the same day! Nothing has change!!!:D :D :D

;)

It's all in fun!:)

garciap77
10-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Nothing we would like more than to have a matchup with ya'll, and find out what's what ON THE FIELD......been a looooong time coming! :cool:

Glad to see you back on the downlow!:)

Black_Magic
10-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Does this sound Like Rocket???:rolleyes:
ROCKET (http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/startrek8/borg.wav)

Rocket
10-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

COMMENTS?

LOL oh chill out, dude. Brownwood has one of the better teams. Yes, you are very correct.

If anybody judges an image of a school and a team based on my insane blabbering, then I question the sanity of that individual making that judgement, including yourself... Lighten up...:rolleyes:

Rocket
10-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Does this sound Like Rocket???:rolleyes:
ROCKET (http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/startrek8/borg.wav)

LOL

DaHop72
10-08-2010, 01:33 PM
LOL oh chill out, dude. Brownwood has one of the better teams. Yes, you are very correct.

If anybody judges an image of a school and a team based on my insane blabbering, then I question the sanity of that individual making that judgement, including yourself... Lighten up...:rolleyes: Shouldn't you be on the road to go watch Brownwood <bows head> roast the Steers? And I hear at the Whataburger in Early that you give the Lions a pregame speech prior to taking the field. :devil: :devil:

BleedOrange
10-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict

Agreed!! It would be a great game to see.

Lion_Addict
10-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Glad to see you back on the downlow!:)

Thank ya sir......

Rocket
10-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Shouldn't you be on the road to go watch Brownwood <bows head> roast the Steers? And I hear at the Whataburger in Early that you give the Lions a pregame speech prior to taking the field. :devil: :devil:

Not gonna make it this week... But I'll be there next week for sure. ;)

Those are all rumors... Especially the fact there is a Whataburger in Early.

cowboyandchrist
10-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange

There is a team from the east with more yards per game, has allowed less yards and ponits per game, has played better 3a comp. and is not even a 3a team. I would be very careful making the statement that Brownwood will go 16 and 0. There are some very good 3a teams from the East that are playing a much more difficult schedule. I know Brownwood is very good, but you would be better served to say you have a chance to go 16 and 0.

cowboyandchrist
10-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Sorry Bleed Orange, I ment that post for Rocket.

BleedOrange
10-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Sorry Bleed Orange, I ment that post for Rocket.

No worries. Sounds like Tatum has quite a team this year. Good luck to you.

garciap77
10-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Not gonna make it this week... But I'll be there next week for sure. ;)

Those are all rumors... Especially the fact there is a Whataburger in Early.

But, there is a Whataburger in Early! I've eaten there! They also have a Wal-Mart and the famous Underwood Dinner (not as good as Allen's in Sweetwater).:D

:p

;)

LE Dad
10-08-2010, 11:19 PM
But, there is a Whataburger in Early! I've eaten there! They also have a Wal-Mart and the famous Underwood Dinner (not as good as Allen's in Sweetwater).:D

:p

;) There seems to be alot of rumors coming from Early.... Seems only logical there would be a WallyWorld or a WhataBurger around.:)

Bosqueville
10-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Watched Brownwood tonight and I can't begin to describe the offensive production. Since the Stephenville game Brownwood has scored on 26 of 27 possessions. 56-6 late in the 3rd of this game. This team is on a mission!

BEAST
10-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Watched Brownwood tonight and I can't begin to describe the offensive production. Since the Stephenville game Brownwood has scored on 26 of 27 possessions. 56-6 late in the 3rd of this game. This team is on a mission!

If not for 2 dropped passes, (still cant believe they happened) it's 27 for 27.

BEAST

bwdlionfan
10-09-2010, 12:08 AM
If not for 2 dropped passes, (still cant believe they happened) it's 27 for 27.

BEAST

Well hopefully a new streak has started, because after that drive failed the starters scored 6 more TDs (game was 14-0 at that point I think)....

So our current streak is 6

Looking4number8
10-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Well hopefully a new streak has started, because after that drive failed the starters scored 6 more TDs (game was 14-0 at that point I think)....

So our current streak is 6

33 out of 34... aint too shabby

garciap77
10-09-2010, 12:11 PM
33 out of 34... aint too shabby

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:2thumbsup

warhorsejoe
10-13-2010, 08:49 AM
as of today

Team Total Offense Leaders from 5A to 1A:
I see two 3A schools on this list. Not sure if it covers all of texas but I got this from web site below.

Team********************* G* Rush* Pass* Yds
Kerrville Tivy****************7 1574 2162 3736
San Antonio Holy Cross********7 1853 1624 3477
Huffman Hargrave ***********7 1230 2089 3319
Kirbyville*******************7 2423 798 3221
Hardin*********************6 901 2227 3128
Friendswood ****************7 1342 1732 3074
Falls City********************7 2524 517 3041
Lufkin**********************7 1434 1585 3019
Boerne Champion ************7 1490 1501 2991
San Antonio Holmes***********7 1704 1218 2922
Fort Bend Hightower***********7 1737 1161 2898
San Antonio Brandeis***********7 2007 883 2890
Conroe Oak Ridge*************7 1185 1699 2884
Refugio**********************6 1835 1006 2841
Conroe The Woodlands Christian**7 1040 1793 2833
San Antonio MacArthur********** 7 1844 970 2814
Pearland*********************6 1543 1238 2781
Kinkaid***********************7 1114 1662 2776
Devine***********************7 2352 392 2744
Tomball Concordia Lutheran*******7 2249 486 2735

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/search.html?mkt=sanantonio&site=default&tpl=Leaders&Sport=1&TeamID=5234&SchoolID=&Season=2010&DistrictID=-1&SearchDate=10%2F13%2F10&SearchDateEnd=10%2F13%2F10&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=11&SearchType=Leaders

waterboy
10-13-2010, 09:10 AM
warhorsejoe, those stats don't include the whole state. If it did there was definitely some misinformation because there's some notable players and teams not on the list where they would be if included.:nerd:

warhorsejoe
10-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
warhorsejoe, those stats don't include the whole state. If it did there was definitely some misinformation because there's some notable players and teams not on the list where they would be if included.:nerd:

yeah that's what I thought but I added it because I wasn't sure. when I saw Kirbyville on there, I figured it was the whole state...thanks.