PDA

View Full Version : West Columbia or Needville

'Necks 2013-14
10-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Okay, who's it gonna be--the big burly guys with sledge hammers or some chirpin' birds?:D

the genious
10-03-2010, 10:48 PM
this could be a great game and a big factor on who gets 2nd in district behind sweeny

Necked
10-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Roasted Bluejay

Ingredients

* about 40 farm-raised Bluejays, wing tips and necks trimmed
* Salt
* Freshly ground black pepper
* 100 onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
* 100 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
* 40 sprigs fresh thyme
* 600 slices thick-cut bacon
* 10 gallons Madeira
* 100 cups rich chicken stock
* 200 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter

Directions

Preheat Griggs field to 95 degrees F.

Arrange the Bluejays, 11 at a time, along the 50 yard line. Season the outside of each freshly plucked Bluejay liberally with salt and pepper. Insert 1 sprig of thyme into the cavity of each Bluejay.

Lay strips of bacon over the top of each Bluejay, cutting the bacon into pieces if necessary to cover as much of the Bluejay as possible. Roast repeatedly for 24-35 minutes, then remove the starters and continue roasting with backups for the remainder of the game, or until the juices run clear. (It is important to not overcook the Bluejays, as they are very lean birds.) Remove the Bluejays from the field and transfer to a stetcher, loosely tented, while you make the sauce.

Carefully remove as much extra fat from the field as possible (Pancho excluded). Place a roasting pan over high heat and, when hot, deglaze with orange juice and Madeira. Using a shovel, scrape the brown bits from the field, as many Bluejays will have had the crap knocked out of them. When the orange juice and Madeira have reduced by half, add the chicken stock and continue to cook until sauce has reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 to 4 minutes. Swirl in the butter and remove from the heat. Take the fully roasted Bluejays & place them on their team bus, drizzle them with the sauce, & send back to Needville...

Lucky2Coach
10-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Necked
Roasted Bluejay

Ingredients

* Salt
* 40 sprigs fresh thyme
* 10 gallons Madeira

Directions

Arrange the Bluejays, 11 at a time, along the 50 yard line. Season the outside of each freshly plucked Bluejay liberally with salt and pepper. Insert 1 sprig of thyme into the cavity of each Bluejay.

Lay strips of bacon over the top of each Bluejay, cutting the bacon into pieces if necessary to cover as much of the Bluejay as possible. Roast repeatedly for 24-35 minutes, then remove the starters and continue roasting with backups for the remainder of the game, or until the juices run clear. (It is important to not overcook the Bluejays, as they are very lean birds.) Remove the Bluejays from the field and transfer to a stetcher, loosely tented, while you make the sauce.

Carefully remove as much extra fat from the field as possible (Pancho excluded). Place a roasting pan over high heat and, when hot, deglaze with orange juice and Madeira. Using a shovel, scrape the brown bits from the field, as many Bluejays will have had the crap knocked out of them. When the orange juice and Madeira have reduced by half, add the chicken stock and continue to cook until sauce has reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 to 4 minutes. Swirl in the butter and remove from the heat. Take the fully roasted Bluejays & place them on their team bus, drizzle them with the sauce, & send back to Needville...

Good post!

onsideanytime
10-04-2010, 08:35 AM
should be a good game Needville 3-3, the Dub C 5-1, Needville has won the last few years, but looks like WC is a better team this year

FbCoachB40
10-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by the genious
this could be a great game and a big factor on who gets 2nd in district behind sweeny

Needville has been bitten by the injury bug this year...WC and Sweeney will play for #1, Needville needs to make sure they take care of Wharton for 3rd place this year.

'Necks 2013-14
10-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Roasted Bluejay

Ingredients

* Salt
* 40 sprigs fresh thyme
* 10 gallons Madeira

Directions

Carefully remove as much extra fat from the field as possible (Pancho excluded). Place a roasting pan over high heat and, when hot, deglaze with orange juice and Madeira. Using a shovel, scrape the brown bits from the field, as many Bluejays will have had the crap knocked out of them. When the orange juice and Madeira have reduced by half, add the chicken stock and continue to cook until sauce has reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 to 4 minutes. Swirl in the butter and remove from the heat. Take the fully roasted Bluejays & place them on their team bus, drizzle them with the sauce, & send back to Needville... :clap: Very "well done" I must say but you left out the very first instruction: Pound birds with sledgehammers!!:D

Ernest T Bass
10-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Roasted Bluejay

Ingredients

* Salt
* 40 sprigs fresh thyme
* 10 gallons Madeira

Directions

Dang, that sounds good! What's the real recipie?

onsideanytime
10-04-2010, 03:31 PM
heard there was some vandelism at griggs field?

IHStangFan
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Needville has been bitten by the injury bug this year...WC and Sweeney will play for #1, Needville needs to make sure they take care of Wharton for 3rd place this year. insightful post. And agreed.

WC wins this year I think. :(

Necked
10-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Dang, that sounds good! What's the real recipie?

Its Emeril's Favorite Roast Pheasant recipe, with an alteration or two...couldn't sleep last night & was feeling feisty. Figured if I shook the tree hard enough some jays might fly out.:D

RoughNeck2011
10-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by onsideanytime
heard there was some vandelism at griggs field?

there was blue paint all over the bleachers monday morning, most of it was cleaned up before practice time at WC. WC will take care of Needville. WC by 14.

2 krunk
10-05-2010, 02:25 PM
dube by 20. entire coaching staff has PHD's in football. needville needs to focus on wharton!

'Necks 2013-14
10-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by RoughNeck2011
there was blue paint all over the bleachers monday morning, most of it was cleaned up before practice time at WC. WC will take care of Needville. WC by 14. :thinking: Was it Needville blue or Sweeny blue? HMMM...

RoughNeck2011
10-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
:thinking: Was it Needville blue or Sweeny blue? HMMM...

Who Knows. I'm leaning more towards Needville blue since WC doesn't play Sweeny for 3 weeks.

RoughNeck2011
10-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by 2 krunk
dube by 20. entire coaching staff has PHD's in football. needville needs to focus on wharton!

With Needville being a one dimensional team, the roughneck defense is stepping it up and forcing them to pass, which shouldn't be a problem since WC is leading their district in interceptions with 8.

mac77
10-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by RoughNeck2011
Who Knows. I'm leaning more towards Needville blue since WC doesn't play Sweeny for 3 weeks.

Yeah but Sweeny had the week off and just maybe some of them Dogs gotta a little bored and decided to visit the Dub.

baseballcoach13
10-05-2010, 11:21 PM
I think it was Sweeny cuz everything was Spelled wrong. Just guessing tho.

'Necks 2013-14
10-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
I think it was Sweeny cuz everything was Spelled wrong. Just guessing tho. :fnypost:

onsideanytime
10-06-2010, 08:07 AM
i doubt it was needville kids, that would have cut in to their beer drinkin and back road time with the girls

baseballcoach13
10-06-2010, 08:22 AM
I heard that there were beer bottles left at the crime scene......and the smell of cheap perfurme. Maybe it was Sweeny boys and they had a few Needville girls with them.

Also a can of Copenhagen, and Pancho said that was likely left from a Bellville female. No idea how he knows that.

onsideanytime
10-06-2010, 08:35 AM
i would hope none of the pretty little angels from needville would drink beer with the sweeny weenies

FbCoachB40
10-06-2010, 09:05 AM
I heard that there were beer bottles left at the crime scene......and the smell of cheap perfurme. Maybe it was Sweeny boys and they had a few Needville girls with them.

Also a can of Copenhagen, and Pancho said that was likely left from a Bellville female. No idea how he knows that.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!

You just made Panch proud...But I thought the Bellville "girls" dipped Cherry Skoal. Only the big burly women hit the "worm dirt (Copenhagen)"

baseballcoach13
10-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Well since I didn't actually see the size of the alleged female, I cannot comment on that. But the evidence doesn't lie.

onsideanytime
10-06-2010, 09:12 AM
from all the evidence i have heard, it was probably pancho- beer bottles, cans of snuff and and words spelled wrong, i think i just solved the case

baseballcoach13
10-06-2010, 09:14 AM
If it was pancho, it would be taco wrappers, and it would have been vandalism at the standaround field.

FbCoachB40
10-06-2010, 09:30 AM
If it was pancho, it would be taco wrappers, and it would have been vandalism at the standaround field.

This is TRUE!

Pancho only vandalizes by writing dirty words in the dirt with water at the standaround field.

pancho villa
10-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
This is TRUE!

Pancho only vandalizes by writing dirty words in the dirt with water at the standaround field.

I would'nt waste my time messing with the standaround field. It makes me nauseous just getting near unraked or unwatered dirt!

baseballcoach13
10-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Then you'd be fine at our field. It is perfectly manicured daily.

pancho villa
10-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Then you'd be fine at our field. It is perfectly manicured daily.

cause some G-- dude is out there working on it.

baseballcoach13
10-06-2010, 10:23 AM
You better watch your mouth before you are on the sidelines permanently.