PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell vs. Smithville

Global Swarming
10-03-2010, 08:36 PM
I expected Smithville to be better than their record has indicated so far. They got out of the gate pretty quickly last year for what looked like a promising season. Don't know if they graduated alot of seniors or just aren't gelling. Caldwell can't go into Smithville thinking that they will just roll over. It's the first district game so the slate is wiped clean. Can anyone give me some info on why Smithville isn't playing very well this season? Caldwell needs to go in there and just play with the intensity that they have all year and not let up.

the genious
10-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
I expected Smithville to be better than their record has indicated so far. They got out of the gate pretty quickly last year for what looked like a promising season. Don't know if they graduated alot of seniors or just aren't gelling. Caldwell can't go into Smithville thinking that they will just roll over. It's the first district game so the slate is wiped clean. Can anyone give me some info on why Smithville isn't playing very well this season? Caldwell needs to go in there and just play with the intensity that they have all year and not let up.

Caldwell will physically dominate this game and destroy smithvilles front 6

Dogman_1969
10-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Caldwell by 42....

From one Bohemien to another..............

Caldwell_Raider
10-05-2010, 12:00 PM
I was also personally hoping Smithville would turn their program around. It looked like they may have turned a corner last year with I think their 3-0 or 4-0 start??? Its kind of disappointing to see them struggling so bad this year again....

Global Swarming
10-05-2010, 01:20 PM
They've been bad for so long. I don't know if it's just from a lack of talent, bad coaching or just a scheme that doesn't fit for the team. I know that we couldn't run the spread at Caldwell and be effective. Our offense works the best for our team because we don't have the biggest linemen and they don't have to hold their blocks as long like they would in other offenses. Oh well just a thought.

Centex FB Fan
10-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Hornets early and often in this one. Look for Caldwell to possibly record another shutout. That defense was just way more than expected last week against Brookshire Royal.

zebrablue2
10-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Centex FB Fan
Hornets early and often in this one. Look for Caldwell to possibly record another shutout. That defense was just way more than expected last week against Brookshire Royal.

:iagree: by as many as needed!!!

87 TIGER
10-06-2010, 08:06 AM
Caldwell 49 - 0 @ half, backups come in after the first drive of the 3rd 63 - 6 final

Mojado
10-06-2010, 09:37 AM
They've been bad for so long. I don't know if it's just from a lack of talent, bad coaching or just a scheme that doesn't fit for the team. I know that we couldn't run the spread at Caldwell and be effective. Our offense works the best for our team because we don't have the biggest linemen and they don't have to hold their blocks as long like they would in other offenses. Oh well just a thought.

This is one of the best replies I've read on this board...Other teams around 'run' the ball because it best fits the kids yet, even after great success, fans still trash their own coaches for doing this...I don't understand that...

Congrats to you Global Swarming and good luck to your team!

jrhernandez7
10-06-2010, 06:26 PM
i mean what can smithville do realy??? they get stuck in a monster district every other year it seems with tradional power houses. Number wise the kids just dont come out and play, on top of already always being one of the smallest teams in the district. this team is just young, last years team that had two decent seasons back to back was loaded with sr's. This coaching staff is good, and the town still believes in him and his staff as do I. its not the coaching this year as has been the problem in the past, its simply talent.

caldwell - alot
smithville- 6.

Global Swarming
10-06-2010, 06:53 PM
We only dress out like 24 kids. We had our tight end- kicker get knocked out for the season a couple of weeks ago. We don't have alot of bodies but they really play hard.

zebrablue2
10-06-2010, 08:24 PM
We only dress out like 24 kids. We had our tight end- kicker get knocked out for the season a couple of weeks ago. We don't have alot of bodies but they really play hard.

I counted 29 in the program at BR last Friday! Those boys be QUICK!! Fun team to watch.........

Global Swarming
10-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh they must have brought some up from JV then. I didn't get to go last Friday night. We were supposed to go but my wife got her hair done and it took about 6 hours because the women were probably blabbing the whole time. It almost caused a big fight lol.

Yoe_09
10-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Caldwell by 50. Just think if Cameron would have stayed in 3a and was in this district.

Cameron Yoe
Caldwell
Giddings
Navasota
La Grange
Rockdale

How would you see that district shaping up?

Global Swarming
10-06-2010, 08:50 PM
I don't think that anyone would come out of that district unscathed. But the winner of that district wouldn't be intimidated by anyone else in the state come play-off time. Coming out of a district like that.

Caldwell_Raider
10-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Caldwell by 50. Just think if Cameron would have stayed in 3a and was in this district.

Cameron Yoe
Caldwell
Giddings
Navasota
La Grange
Rockdale

How would you see that district shaping up?

That district would be insane! It would of have been fun.

Nobody would come out undefeated.

Bull's-eye
10-07-2010, 01:02 AM
Keep it going Hornets, I might have to jump on the Caldwell bandwagon during the playoffs. Got any seats left? :)

Global Swarming
10-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Like my mom used to tell us at the supper table " There's always room for one more."