PDA

View Full Version : Region IV UPSET ALERT!!!

R4Editor
10-03-2010, 08:27 PM
UPSET ALERT: Geronimo Navarro @ Fischer Canyon Lake

Prediction: Fischer Canyon Lake over Geronimo Navarro

Bruce
10-03-2010, 08:39 PM
These two teams your talking about are they new school? I must have been in the dark, I never heard of than before. I noticed they were 3-AAA teams.Thanks

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm not sure a Canyon Lake win would be an upset.

Bruce - Canyon Lake is N of San Antonio. Navarro is a 2A move-up...close to Seguin, I believe.

ApachePride
10-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Canyon Lake is in it's third year of Varsity sports. It's located in Fischer, TX on Canyon Lake near New Braunfels. They took a lot kids from Smithson Valley ISD and some from Wimberley. They'll be 4A in a couple of years.

Navarro High School is located on Geronimo, TX on FM 123 between Seguin and San Marcos. They just came up from 2A where they've been for years. I'm suprised they havent been in 3A longer, but I guess people stopped moving out that way.

bag-o-chips
10-09-2010, 01:29 AM
No upset here. Just a little domination by the new kids on the block!

lbjacj
10-09-2010, 02:12 PM
The Panthers rushed for over 500 yards with 3 players each having over 100 yards! Very Impressive!:eek:

I wasn't expecting them to be competitive in 3A but I guess was wrong.
We will find out how good they are when they come to Wimberley.

NastySlot
10-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
The Panthers rushed for over 500 yards with 3 players each having over 100 yards! Very Impressive!:eek:

I wasn't expecting them to be competitive in 3A but I guess was wrong.
We will find out how good they are when they come to Wimberley.

they run that slot t well......i was able to catch a few of their sub varsity games the past few seasons...they have good solid hardworking kids.

no suprise here.

clhsdad
10-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Well coached team that flat out played Canyon Lake. I don't understand how after a bye week we could look so unprepared. I would have thought we never scouted Navarro the way we played.

Defense was good against the run but pass defense is suspect.
Offensively they controlled the game and I would guess they kept our defense on the field 38 to 40 minutes we could not stop them.

Even those this was the first game of the district this lost makes it a tough road for CL to make the playoffs.

wimbo_pro
10-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by clhsdad
Well coached team that flat out played Canyon Lake. I don't understand how after a bye week we could look so unprepared. I would have thought we never scouted Navarro the way we played.

Defense was good against the run but pass defense is suspect.
Offensively they controlled the game and I would guess they kept our defense on the field 38 to 40 minutes we could not stop them.

Even those this was the first game of the district this lost makes it a tough road for CL to make the playoffs.

yes it does, cldad....but not impossible. I think you can still get in with 2 losses (yes, I predict you will lose against us!!). dont lose another, and you have a good shot, cuz I do predict everyone else will have atleast one loss to us as well!