PDA

View Full Version : Bellvile (1-4) @ Columbus (4-2)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Bellville will travel to Columbus for the start of district play, this one is very big for a play-off spot in this district. Will Bellville get the win or will Columbus beat Bellville for the first time in many years?

OLE'BULL
10-03-2010, 06:10 PM
I gotta go with my Bulls. The intensity was there against La Grange. Maybe they are just progressing a bit slower than we are used to. Heard through the grapevine that Knoll will be back, that should help...

Pudlugger
10-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Bellville wins. Columbus beat Needville but I'm not convinced they are better than the Bulls. Bellville has the athletes and are close to putting it together. Now in district I think they break out. Bellville by 10.

XMan
10-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Columbus hasnt beaten Bellville since '00. Is this the time for the streak to stop? You would have to think but Bellville has really had the Cardinals number.

the genious
10-03-2010, 10:46 PM
bellville has the athletes over columbus??? Knoll if 100% can keep up with Carter, Stevens, Plante and company thats about it. Bellvile front 6 better show up because Columbus O-line has been dominating recently they may not be big. two tackles weigh 260-245 but thats it, but they are NASTY!!!
Good rivalrly c-town by 2 td's

teetle
10-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Pud, he be knowing what he be doing. He like Jimmie he goods that way. I have a lot of suspect for Pud, but I has to disagree with him. I believes thats the Cardinals wills wins this one. Theys been getting betters everys week. Cardinals win bys 2 to 3 Tds. Theys defense bes good.:D :eek: :eek: :D

BrahmaMom
10-04-2010, 11:02 AM
The Brahmas are gonna start district play with a win! We are on our way! Go Bulls!

HTripleC13
10-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Bellville Fans: What kind of offense and defense does the new head coach have the Brahmas playing now? The last game I went to they were running a form of the spread, and actually attempting the option (which surprised me quite a bit), and a 3-3 defense, a far cry from Valentine's old 4-3 that I always was a part of. I had the good fortune of being and then playing at Bellville when winning district was almost a given, and a first-round exit was a huge disappointment. How did Bellville get from there (02-07ish) to 1 win just a couple of years later? I dont want to bash anyone, athletes, coaches, etc.... But what's been going on down there?

Bull's-eye
10-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
Bellville Fans: What kind of offense and defense does the new head coach have the Brahmas playing now? The last game I went to they were running a form of the spread, and actually attempting the option (which surprised me quite a bit), and a 3-3 defense, a far cry from Valentine's old 4-3 that I always was a part of. I had the good fortune of being and then playing at Bellville when winning district was almost a given, and a first-round exit was a huge disappointment. How did Bellville get from there (02-07ish) to 1 win just a couple of years later? I dont want to bash anyone, athletes, coaches, etc.... But what's been going on down there?

The offense is running the I and the defense a 3-3. I actually like the defense, looks like a great defense for bringing pressure against the popular spread formation.

IMO, Bellville's problems has been an inconsistent offense. Most of these problems started after Huey went to Pine tree, looks like he was the brains behind Bellville's previous potent offenses. I had always enjoyed his versatility he brought to the Brahma offense. They ran the wing-T, but it was nothing for them to run the spread or switch to a different formation. His teams were ready from the first game, usually giving Bellville an early advantage over their opponents. This year they don't have a lot of speed or game-breaking type players, but that's no excuse for the 2009 team, a squad that returned five D1 prospects & a host of players from a R4 finalist team. That team struggled to go 6-4 and failed to make the playoffs.

One coach told me why the spread is such a popular offense, the players get a head start playing 7 on 7. Teams don't have to run the spread, but it can be easily incorporated into their passing or hurry-up formations. I don't hear much about Bellville playing 7 on 7 and that could be a big reason why they lack a passing game. Certain teams can have success running the ball (usually an option), but most are taking the advantages of 7 on 7 and making that a part of their offense.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-04-2010, 01:30 PM
i just want to say.. i can't believe that Bellville is 1-4... some folks are hurtin north of the creek... they are not used to this

Bone Pile
10-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Bellville wont be able to keep up with Columbus. This year the Cards are fast on both sides of the ball and have some game breakers in the lineup. Last week 5 starters were on the sideline and they won 48-0. That proves how deep they are everywhere. There D is way too fast and their O is fast and strong.
Bellville will struggle to score 7 points against the Red Birds.
Columbus by 21going away.
Best keep an eye on Columbus this year. Fast and strong and playing as a team.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-04-2010, 01:34 PM
I agree... i think C-town takes it in a close game

rancher
10-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Bull's-eye, we have to get your books in the hands of the Bellville varsity coaching staff quickly if we have any hope against Columbus. You hit it on the head on the Bellville offense. Something is very very wrong. How can class after class have undefeated seasons until they reach the varsity and then have a 1-5 season?

BrahmaMom
10-04-2010, 01:47 PM
With all due respect to Huey, and I had and have a great deal of respect for him, I don't know that he would be having a much better year. He had more talent to work with AND was in Bellville at a time when the work ethic was not an option. I feel for Foster and the balance between going off on his players and benching one for a missed play and losing them because he called them out. Not an enviable position. For the record, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing his passion toward the defense on the bench; brought back lots of good memories.

XMan
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Bellville had 5 division 1 prospects in '09? Where are they playing now? Im really thinking that most of Bellville's problems have to do with genetics. Then again, maybe the boys are just burnt out on football from playing it year round.

HTripleC13
10-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

IMO, Bellville's problems has been an inconsistent offense. Most of these problems started after Huey went to Pine tree, looks like he was the brains behind Bellville's previous potent offenses. I had always enjoyed his versatility he brought to the Brahma offense. They ran the wing-T, but it was nothing for them to run the spread or switch to a different formation. His teams were ready from the first game, usually giving Bellville an early advantage over their opponents. This year they don't have a lot of speed or game-breaking type players, but that's no excuse for the 2009 team, a squad that returned five D1 prospects & a host of players from a R4 finalist team. That team struggled to go 6-4 and failed to make the playoffs.

Very true. With Huey's system, when you entered the program in the 7th grade you ran the same plays as the varsity squad did, just not as advanced. This kept things fairly similar as you worked your way up through the ranks. When all else failed, Right 18 Pitch would be called...
Speaking of coaches leaving, from what I understand the offensive line is really struggling. This could be due to the fact that the former offensive line coach/coordinator (Collier) is now gone. He put a blocking scheme in place that allowed for Chancellor's offense to excel, without a vast amount of D1 talent.(As far as I know, only 1 offensive lineman D1 while Collier was there) He had a knack for putting a group out there that played well and didn't miss very many assignments.
This is a new era at Bellville, and not the easiest place to coach or play. If you aren't winning, people aint happy

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Bellville had 5 division 1 prospects in '09? Where are they playing now? Im really thinking that most of Bellville's problems have to do with genetics. Then again, maybe the boys are just burnt out on football from playing it year round.

i don't think that bellville had 5 d1 prospects

HTripleC13
10-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Bull's-eye, we have to get your books in the hands of the Bellville varsity coaching staff quickly if we have any hope against Columbus. You hit it on the head on the Bellville offense. Something is very very wrong. How can class after class have undefeated seasons until they reach the varsity and then have a 1-5 season?
WORK ETHIC. I played with quite a few guys who thought just because they went undefeated from the time they were freshman, they were entitled to the win, and didn't think they had to work week in and week out. Ask some former players, I believe they'll agree. Certain people in the community and such told them they would be great when they got to varsity, and we all know what happens when you listen to your own hype. While some were taking it easy, others in the area were working their butts off. For example, Bellville blew Giddings out a couple of years during the first round of the playoffs, since then Giddings has returned the favor... The instant you think you're good enough, is the second you stop getting better

Bull's-eye
10-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
i don't think that bellville had 5 d1 prospects

Mueller, Polk, Browning, Houston & Jackson were getting offers.

XMan
10-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Of the five listed, where are those guys playing football this year? getting offers and playing d1 ball are WAY different. Pretty much the whole team gets offers.

duckhunter
10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Of the five listed, where are those guys playing football this year? getting offers and playing d1 ball are WAY different. Pretty much the whole team gets offers. browning and jackson-shsu, mueller had several different chances but elected to play baseball.....side note moreno is at blinn. not d1, but could beat many d1 teams

MJMbrahmas10
10-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Polk is at prairie view. Runnels at sfa. And Kennedy at blinn

KL3
10-04-2010, 06:38 PM
getting offers and playing d1 ball are WAY different. Pretty much the whole team gets offers.

XMan, I usually just watch you ramble nonsense on this board, but I've got to call you out on this one. "Pretty much the whole team gets offers" couldn't be further from the truth.

The class that graduated last year, along with Jess Buenger's sr. year, was probably the most talented in the last 15, probably 20 years. That group demolished everyone they played through their 7-9th grade years, then had a tone of 3 year starters on varsity.

Pudlugger
10-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Very admirable. Most quality fb players hang it up after hs. Only those with gold plated scholarships are ever heard about again. DIII has many fine athlete's playing under the radar. One is starting for the St Louis Cardinals from Victoria, wr Jereme Urban Trinity University 2002.

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2010, 08:10 PM
The instant you think you're good enough, is the second you stop getting better
I really like that! :)

Super Legit
10-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Bellvile has No chance against Columbus, Cards will toss them around like calfs. No pain will be in Columbus this week except for the Brahmas after they get branded with their first loss in district play.

the genious
10-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Y'all talked about listening to thier own hype maybe that's why Columbus is succeeding this year everybody counted them out they are fast scrappy and just plain pissed off from being crapped on by the "experts"

edited for content....lhpm

zebrablue2
10-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Super Legit
Bellvile has No chance against Columbus, Cards will toss them around like calfs. No pain will be in Columbus this week except for the Brahmas after they get branded with their first loss in district play.

I like u already:evilgrin: people like u are easy:evillol:

TheProgram
10-04-2010, 09:51 PM
the chemistry is addicting... i watched cornerbacks play after play SPRINTING to the opposite side of the field pursuing the ball carrier or to celebrate a tackle with a teammate when i watched columbus play. and its not just the cornerbacks, its the whole team. offense and defense. They have seen what a team running on all cylinders can do and they like it. The columbus vs. bellville game is always a dogfight no matter what the previous records are. everyone is 0-0 when districts start. Expect a game of emotion and hardwork this friday night! With that being said, cards roll by 14

pirate4state
10-04-2010, 09:58 PM
WORK ETHIC. I played with quite a few guys who thought just because they went undefeated from the time they were freshman, they were entitled to the win, and didn't think they had to work week in and week out. Ask some former players, I believe they'll agree. Certain people in the community and such told them they would be great when they got to varsity, and we all know what happens when you listen to your own hype. While some were taking it easy, others in the area were working their butts off. For example, Bellville blew Giddings out a couple of years during the first round of the playoffs, since then Giddings has returned the favor... The instant you think you're good enough, is the second you stop getting better :clap: great post

Good Luck to the Brahmas. Friday begins a new season.

11as1
10-04-2010, 09:58 PM
This game is interesting to me, with Bellville struggling this could be the first time in 9 years that the Cards get a victory. However there is much talk on this thread about the talent teams have had in the past and from what i'm reading about last years team shows that talent alone gets you no where. In this game you have to have unity along with talent. There is no doubt that talent is lacking in this year in The Pasture of Pain but there is also a lack of unityand heart. This has been shown ever since Foster came into control of the team, and I'm not exactly sure why. Most of these players were on the team from '08 that was a quarterfinalst yet they can only get one win in Pre-District. WOW. Perhaps that is what has flawed the last two teams is that they expected to win since they had been preceeded with winning. So until the Brahmas can find the unity, heart and talent of old they will continue to lose.

Columbus reverses a trend and flies off with a victory over the soon to be down and out Brahmas. Cards by 2 scores. Bulls can start to get the round balls out if they don't prove me wrong and I hope they can find a way to do that.

Super Legit
10-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by TheProgram
the chemistry is addicting... i watched cornerbacks play after play SPRINTING to the opposite side of the field pursuing the ball carrier or to celebrate a tackle with a teammate when i watched columbus play. and its not just the cornerbacks, its the whole team. offense and defense. They have seen what a team running on all cylinders can do and they like it. The columbus vs. bellville game is always a dogfight no matter what the previous records are. everyone is 0-0 when districts start. Expect a game of emotion and hardwork this friday night! With that being said, cards roll by 14

:iagree:

Super Legit
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I like u already:evilgrin: people like u are easy:evillol:

:clap: good one kid... your funny

Spread It Out
10-05-2010, 02:42 AM
WORK ETHIC. I played with quite a few guys who thought just because they went undefeated from the time they were freshman, they were entitled to the win, and didn't think they had to work week in and week out. Ask some former players, I believe they'll agree. Certain people in the community and such told them they would be great when they got to varsity, and we all know what happens when you listen to your own hype. While some were taking it easy, others in the area were working their butts off. For example, Bellville blew Giddings out a couple of years during the first round of the playoffs, since then Giddings has returned the favor... The instant you think you're good enough, is the second you stop getting better

I agree my friend. I agree, Bellville is in need of some intangibles.

Red Bull
10-05-2010, 12:29 PM
This is a big game. I would like to hope Bellville comes out with some fire, but I just haven't seen it in first 6 weeks. This team makes so many mistakes it is just insane. Something is not right and it is not all about talent.

I predict Cards win 28-10.

Bull's-eye
10-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Bellville is only averaging 10 pts per game, unless they open up the offense, I don't see them winning this game. This is a huge game as far as deciding which one of these teams can sneak into the playoffs, I expect both teams not to hold anything back. This is October, how about some TRICKS (plays) for some TREATS (TD's)?

duckhunter
10-05-2010, 01:12 PM
This is October, how about some TRICKS (plays) for some TREATS (TD's)?

this made me laugh......... personally i'd love to see Bellville practice one play all week. maybe 18 pitch?...practice nothing but that and then run only that one play friday night. maybe then they can execute it correctly and put some points on the board. sorta like in remember the titans when denzel says he only runs five plays, but its like novacaine. give it some time and it always works. hell they went to state in the movie, maybe bellville can go to state.

rancher
10-05-2010, 01:52 PM
They have not opened up the offense in the first 6 games, why should they do it now. There is always the excuse the team was young or wait until next year.

Bull's-eye
10-05-2010, 03:00 PM
They have not opened up the offense in the first 6 games, why should they do it now. There is always the excuse the team was young or wait until next year.

Maybe they didn't want to show anything until district? :D

Bull's-eye
10-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
this made me laugh......... personally i'd love to see Bellville practice one play all week. maybe 18 pitch?...practice nothing but that and then run only that one play friday night. maybe then they can execute it correctly and put some points on the board. sorta like in remember the titans when denzel says he only runs five plays, but its like novacaine. give it some time and it always works. hell they went to state in the movie, maybe bellville can go to state.

.....but the play that won them state

"...Fake 23 Blast...with a backside George reverse like your life depended upon it!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufKpO9J8Cy4

BrahmaMom
10-05-2010, 06:29 PM
It's the real deal Friday night...no mercy, Bellville. Come out to play like your lives depend on it because the life of this season does. Whatever happens, the fans are behind you 100%! However, we DO love to see you win! GO BRAHMAS!

Pudlugger
10-05-2010, 06:43 PM
If every kid had a mom like BrahmaMom the world would be a wonderful place. God love you.:D

36phseal
10-06-2010, 12:03 AM
It's funny how people have short memories. In Huey's last year, people complained about him not being "creative" on offense. Back then it was, "Good grief...why do we keep running the same play?" and now it's, "Remember the good ole 18 pitch?"

Schemes don't win games....players making plays do.

duckhunter
10-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by 36phseal
.why do we keep running the same play?" and now it's, "Remember the good ole 18 pitch?"

that was a joke.........."as far as "schemes don't win games...players making plays do" ??? last time i checked the plays are derived from the teams' scheme. in order for the players to make the plays they must know the scheme in order to execute the play.

duckhunter
10-06-2010, 07:20 AM
It's funny how people have short memories. In Huey's last year, people complained about him not being "creative" on offense. Back then it was, "Good grief...why do we keep running the same play?" and now it's, "Remember the good ole 18 pitch?"

sometimes Huey's offense did get stale at times, but his offense is just one stale piece of bread, this year the whole loaf is stale.....and moldy

teetle
10-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Theys call me a Cardinal hater buts I is going record to says the Cardinals wills win this one. Theys made a beleivers outs of me. Theys going to finish second or thirds is District. Sealy going to rolls. Jimmie going to see tos that. He got something for both Bellville and Columbus. Good lucks to both teams. :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Bone Pile
10-06-2010, 09:48 AM
I can't believe Teetle and I agree on something.
Columbus has developed into some "Tough old birds" thats for sure. Probably gonna beat us by at least 18 pts. Sorry BB, cant hang with you this time. Yall better turn up the heat or just start practicing Round Ball. It is do or die for you starting now.
Probably just dying on the vine with no team consistancy and no leadership. Bellville fades away till Maybe next year. Bye Bye BB

muscatcannelli
10-06-2010, 10:53 AM
well with knoll being back, bellville offense should finally open up with the safteys an corners havin to worry about gettin beat deep an starting to back off which will open up the run game more. And also the passing game should come alive with your play maker out there. exspect bellville to put up 30 or so.

BrahmaMom
10-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks, Pudlugger. Along with my four sons, I have come to love many other people's sons through many teams along the way. What a blessing it has been. It is one of the reasons I selfishly want the Bulls to give me one last good season. Because I want to celebrate with them--there is no better feeling in the world! I have loved being BrahmaMom as much as I love my Brahmas!

TheProgram
10-06-2010, 03:05 PM
no way bellville puts up 30 against columbus defense. i see this game 21 7 Columbus

36phseal
10-06-2010, 03:19 PM
that was a joke.........."as far as "schemes don't win games...players making plays do" ??? last time i checked the plays are derived from the teams' scheme. in order for the players to make the plays they must know the scheme in order to execute the play.

If that's the case....how is that scheme working for him at Pine Tree? Huey is 1-14 or 1-15.

11as1
10-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by muscatcannelli
well with knoll being back, bellville offense should finally open up with the safteys an corners havin to worry about gettin beat deep an starting to back off which will open up the run game more. And also the passing game should come alive with your play maker out there. exspect bellville to put up 30 or so.

Bellville doesn't have to ability to go deep down the field, as duckhunter said the offense is stale. The only thing that Knoll is going to be able to do is black for the mediocre running game of his team. No way the team scores 30 too many holes in the coaching and too bad of a team.

zebrablue2
10-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Don't give up Brahmas! CK back on Friday may just be the difference in the game.. Still time to turn this thing around!! Hit em in the mouth, and make some plays.. Come out fired up as you have been all year, and play with heart. Good things will happen, and win or lose, this Brahma fan will be proud of you all.

Bull's-eye
10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
If that's the case....how is that scheme working for him at Pine Tree? Huey is 1-14 or 1-15.

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop, sometimes coaches just don't have the players to compete. Then again, a good coach is a lot like hamburger helper, they can make a little more out of what they got.

Pudlugger
10-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Bellville gets a play maker and leader back just in time to rescue their season. Columbus is on a roll but they misunderestimate the Bulls.
The Bulls are penned up in the slaughterhouse yard and know it. They will be dangerous Friday. The Red Birds better tend their nests. It will be feathers flying Friday. Bellville by 10.

the genious
10-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Bellville gets a play maker and leader back just in time to rescue their season. Columbus is on a roll but they misunderestimate the Bulls.
The Bulls are penned up in the slaughterhouse yard and know it. They will be dangerous Friday. The Red Birds better tend their nests. It will be feathers flying Friday. Bellville by 10.
Bellvile defense will makes thier plays because of the defense they run but Columbus has to weather the storm and be pAtient if they do so red birds (1-0) in district

Caldwell_Raider
10-06-2010, 10:43 PM
C'mon Bellville I'm routing for you guys! :)

I'm picking Bellville to win by 7, I don't have any reasons other than I just want to see Bellville turn their season around.

Bull's-eye
10-07-2010, 02:00 AM
It's funny how people have short memories. In Huey's last year, people complained about him not being "creative" on offense. Back then it was, "Good grief...why do we keep running the same play?"

I actually though Huey did a tremendous job of coaching that team to the R4 finals. Bellville lost their stud running back in their first playoff game against Wharton and had to revamp their offense. In the next game against La Vernia, Bellville went to a wide open set, spreading the Bear's defense very thin & allowing the QB to be very effective running the draw. The wing back was also sent deep on several plays and easily beat his defender.

rancher
10-07-2010, 08:24 AM
I also remember how Huey played with those he had and got the job done. I saw it time after time in the playoffs as when something did not work, he changed gears and did something else. Like playing a more up tempo offense style, hurring to the line, snapping the ball quickly before the defense could react. Under him the offense was well coached. Something that is lacking now.

BrahmaMom
10-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Does anyone remember Bellville's RED STORM???? Let's bring it back and the Cards won't know what hit them. As for offense, this is a make or break game, as I understand it. Step up and make the plays, guys. You have a whole town behind you! I ask for not 100%, which is you doing your assignment, but 110%, which is you doing your assignment AND whatever else it takes. Leave it all on the field. Let's get pumped, Brahmas and fans!! Tomorrow's Friday! GO BRAHMAS!!!

teetle
10-07-2010, 10:12 AM
The Reds Storms has feathers. The Cardinal Defense is pretty goods. I justes don't what elses to say. Cardinals will wins this one. Goods Lucks to both teams. :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

jykoy
10-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Does anyone remember Bellville's RED STORM???? Let's bring it back and the Cards won't know what hit them. As for offense, this is a make or break game, as I understand it. Step up and make the plays, guys. You have a whole town behind you! I ask for not 100%, which is you doing your assignment, but 110%, which is you doing your assignment AND whatever else it takes. Leave it all on the field. Let's get pumped, Brahmas and fans!! Tomorrow's Friday! GO BRAHMAS!!!

Red Storm and Pie-yah. Good memory there BrahmaMom!

I'm thinking about making the drive over to Columbus to check this game out. The Brahmas really need a win here in a bad way.

BrahmaMom
10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Listen for me jykoy. I'll be there with my white away jersey on and cowbell ringing! We need the crowd to be full and loud! Let's go, Brahmas!!

Bull's-eye
10-07-2010, 11:04 AM
I was watching the Weather Channel and saw this image on their radar, they said it was expected to hit Columbus on friday night.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefcT8K1MeyIAk1WjzbkF/SIG=13i7ram8t/EXP=1286554003/**http%3a//2.bp.blogspot.com/_eio1IEJ6pHA/SYZ7uOw1iVI/AAAAAAAAA4U/m0BSrT1nRGU/s400/red%2bstorm.jpg

teetle
10-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Sealy goings toos have things under control with Stafford. I believes thats I am going to the Columbus and Bellville games. I has beens going to only Sealy games for 3 years. I have to be incognito. I cants sit on eithers side. I believes thats I be standing alone the fense. Goods Luck to bothes teams.:D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Bone Pile
10-07-2010, 12:41 PM
That is exactly what the red storm will look like. All wrapped in Cardinal Red Feathers. hehehehehe
Bulls will go back and lick their wounds after the Columbus Cardinals put it on em.
Sorry Brahma Mama,get the crying towel out,Columbus by at least 21.
good luck to all the players.
Should be a barn burner for sure.
BE LOUD AND BE PROUD-GO BIG RED!!!!!

buff4ever
10-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Has the helmet crew contacted columbus about where to put the helmet?

I don't know why I am asking this???:D :D :D :D

buff4ever
10-07-2010, 01:46 PM
I was watching the Weather Channel and saw this image on their radar, they said it was expected to hit Columbus on friday night.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefcT8K1MeyIAk1WjzbkF/SIG=13i7ram8t/EXP=1286554003/**http%3a//2.bp.blogspot.com/_eio1IEJ6pHA/SYZ7uOw1iVI/AAAAAAAAA4U/m0BSrT1nRGU/s400/red%2bstorm.jpg

cheesy bulls eye.

I think the brahmas win this game by 7

the genious
10-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever

I guess I'm missing something on this "joke"

Bone Pile
10-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Most likely the helmet the team runs through prior to the game.
I guess????

duckhunter
10-07-2010, 04:32 PM

I don't know why I am asking this???:D :D :D :D The only spot where it is permitted is on the baseball field. Might be hard to see all the smoke with the stands behind home plate blocking the view

Bull's-eye
10-07-2010, 05:10 PM

Because it's .........wait for it..............FUNNY :spitlol:

I would like to see a little more smoke.

Pudlugger
10-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Brahmas have the psychological edge. 1-5 they have nothing to lose. The Cards are 4-1 and need to establish creds in district for the #3 spot. A struggling team with a mission is dangerous and can breakout and surprise you. I think Bellville is such a team. Pent up frustrations, sharpened skills and the arrival of a team leader combine to form a perfect Red Storm. Bellville by 10.

zebrablue2
10-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Brahmas have the psychological edge. 1-5 they have nothing to lose. The Cards are 4-1 and need to establish creds in district for the #3 spot. A struggling team with a mission is dangerous and can breakout and surprise you. I think Bellville is such a team. Pent up frustrations, sharpened skills and the arrival of a team leader combine to form a perfect Red Storm. Bellville by 10.

Pud,

At least u and I believe the bulls can pull it off on Fri. night.
Go Bulls... Steal one!!!! Late FG wins it by 3!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Bellville JV 29 Columbus JV 22---------------------

Bellville F. 22 Columbus F. 19------------------

BrahmaMom
10-08-2010, 08:53 AM
I believe the Brahmas can do it tonight. Our pass defense is good and I think we will see some changes that will help. The intensity is there now and so is the emotion. Now, we need NO fumbles or mistakes and we are good to go. So, GO BRAHMAS!!!

Super Legit
10-08-2010, 09:11 AM
HAHA yall will think bellvile has a chance....
Columbus ill brand the Brahmas Hott with their victory tonight...
Cards will put up 35... Brahmas will score 7, which will be a trick play to get there only points.

Super Legit
10-08-2010, 09:25 AM
BramaMom i wish you were my mom...always gettin them pumped up and all... but im sorry, you better do a better job... Columbus stright out run over the brahmas tonight...and they wont stop.

rancher
10-08-2010, 09:41 AM
How can the pass defense be good? They have been having to call the fire department each week for the way they are getting burned. Remember what happened at Caldwell, Sweeny, and last week.

BrahmaMom
10-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Our pass defense is so much better than in years past, I am very proud of the way the Brahmas defend against the pass. Columbus may not stop, but NEITHER will the Brahmas! They have not quit yet and they are not about to start now! I will try to do a better job, thanks for the advice. I LOVE THE BRAHMAS! GO BIG RED!

duckhunter
10-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Our pass defense is so much better than in years past,! you might find some people disagreeing with that

rancher
10-08-2010, 12:26 PM
1-5 should tell the story of how good that pass defense is.

Red Bull
10-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Brahma Mom what have you been watching. I have to agree with Rancher and Duckhunter on this one and our pass defense has some big holes in it. Especially against the long pass. Caldwll and Sweeny had success and LaGrange just threw it up for grabs and we could not stop it.

As for Bellville's passing attack, it is MIA. If they don't learn how to pass the rock around a little, then defenses will surely just stack the box and stop the run.

Cards win this one easily.

Super Legit
10-08-2010, 02:29 PM
come on guys stop haten on BrahmaMom... she knows what shes talkin about...

Bone Pile
10-08-2010, 02:34 PM
If she knows she better say.
What they are gonna say is "Calf Rope","I'm through,mama come get me","What the hell was that?"
Haha
Columbus by 21
Long ride home for BB
ROLL ON REDBIRDS, ROLL ON!!!!!

muscatcannelli
10-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I'd have to agree the pass defense is weak. But if bellville's knoll who is a division 1 cornerback recruit is back on the field. Then that should greatly strengthen the D

rancher
10-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Columbus 14 Bellville 0 6 minutes left in first quarter

rancher
10-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Columbus 21 Bellville 0 3 minutes left in 1 quarter

Where is the vaulted pass defense for Bellville, call the fire dept. Columbus is scoring at will.

rancher
10-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Columbus 28 Bellville 0 2nd quarter

rancher
10-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Columbus 28 Bellville 0 Half

Hope there is a mercy rule, getting ugly.

rancher
10-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Columbus 35 Bellville 0 early 3rd

rancher
10-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Columbus 42 Bellville 0 3rd

The bulls are shouting calf rope now.

TheProgram
10-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Cardinals are castrating the Bulls right now, 42-0. Weather man must have been looking at China's forecast because its clear skies and definitely no Red Storm.

rancher
10-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Columbus 45 Bellville 0

That red storm is a flock of cardinals

TheProgram
10-08-2010, 09:55 PM
right you are, surely the 2nd string is in by now?

rancher
10-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Columbus 45 Bellville 8

Hopefully this beat down will be over soon.

rancher
10-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Columbus 45 Bellville 8 Final

This is the worst beat down I have seen in a while.

XMan
10-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Roll out the basketballs in Bellville cause its over for football. Good thing the Brahmas work on football year round cause if they didnt it would be 0-10. Sealy and Royal will beat Bellville by as many as they want and Bellville will handle Stafford to go 2-8. Going to be a long 2 weeks til the Sealy game and then another 40+ point thrashing. Ouch.

TRENCHES06
10-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Will Foster survive after 2 consecutive non playoff seasons??

navscanmaster
10-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Roll out the basketballs in Bellville cause its over for football. Good thing the Brahmas work on football year round cause if they didnt it would be 0-10. Sealy and Royal will beat Bellville by as many as they want and Bellville will handle Stafford to go 2-8. Going to be a long 2 weeks til the Sealy game and then another 40+ point thrashing. Ouch.

Did someone from Bellville run over your dog or something?

duckhunter
10-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Bellville shouldve forfitted it. The score would have been alot closer. I'm anxious to see what brahmarmom chimes in with. Only positive thing about Bellville football this year is that basketball season starts soon. No athletes equals no wins. Sad characteristic about small town football.

navscanmaster
10-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Bellville shouldve forfitted it. The score would have been alot closer. I'm anxious to see what brahmarmom chimes in with. Only positive thing about Bellville football this year is that basketball season starts soon. No athletes equals no wins. Sad characteristic about small town football.

Sometimes the cupboard runs dry, but Bellville has gone deep into the playoffs with a team full of less athletic country boys and dominated before. I think something else is going on there. Coaching more than likely. The Brahma faithful won't sit back and watch the program struggle for long, rest assured. Not wanting to bash the coaches there because I know they aren't out there trying to lose games, but sometimes they just don't have a winning combination in the playbook.

buff4ever
10-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Will Foster survive after 2 consecutive non playoff seasons??

Prolly not as ugly as this particular year is getting

buff4ever
10-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Columbus 45 Bellville 8 Final

This is the worst beat down I have seen in a while.

I really thought bellville had found someone they could play with. I WAS WRONG.

Congrats cardinals.

11as1
10-09-2010, 12:06 AM
This game was one of the worst I've ever seen. Bellville had no heart and this turned out to be a blow out, which not too many people expected. I don't know how much Foster will last after seemingly running this program into the ground just two years removed from being a state quarterfinalist. There is absolutely nothing positive the team,coaches or fans of Bellville from this game.

Congrats to the Cards, they played a heck of a game and was a well coached machine. It was impressive to see how every play that they ran worked off of each other. Maybe Bellville can get some lessons.

The round balls are getting aired up for the Bulls and they are going to be lucky to end the season with two wins. With the way they got out played tonight it will be a struggle to beat anyone... even Stafford.

Pudlugger
10-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Did someone from Bellville run over your dog or something?

I don't care who you support that right there was funny!:D :eek:

rancher
10-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Bellville does have talent, to be competive in the district. In the two years now of the present regime running the program, things have been going down hill. Instead of facing the truth, most want to make excuses, "They are a young team." That is true but the current seniors are the ones who went undefeated in 7th, 8th and 9th. The others on the varsity are the same, successful at the lower levels and suffering at the varsity level. This started last year with a group coming back from a quarter final run. Please tell me if I am wrong how may times did Bellville cross the 50 yard line last night maybe 2, but Im thinking just once. In the vernacular of the thug subculture that is prevalent in most sports today, "Columbus bi_ ched slapped Bellville". My thoughts now are the varsity staff did not complete the required reading that Bull's Eye suggested thus the beat down they suffered.

Bull's-eye
10-09-2010, 09:37 PM
NO COMMENT :D

BrahmaMom
10-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Sorry for the delay in my response, Mom duties called. I remember when Bellville didn't teach pass defense, so any pass defense is better than NONE, IMO. I can't positively spin last night for the Bulls. They came out flat and we had problems on offense, defense, special teams and coaching, for all I know. One more time I will say, football is a game of emotion. Last night was a disaster. I don't make excuses when there are none to be made. Just like when we lost the playoff game against Sinton at Kyle Field in 2003 due to a costly sack. No excuses. I still cheer for the Bulls, still have expectations and still have the love. Rest up, Brahmas.Then come out for the fight of you life! Forget the Fair, it's time to man-up and get what it takes! GO BULLS!!!

rancher
10-10-2010, 06:08 AM
BrahmaMom, I believe that we played Sinton in Victoria when we lost. Marlin was played at Kyle Field. I also will follow and support the bulls, but when we are being taken down the path of of destruction by the current regime, something has to change. I am not going to be an ENABLER. I hope everyone is making there opinion know to the powers that run the Bellville School District that there must be change. No excuses, get her done.

Bull's-eye
10-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Bellville football has hit rock bottom or will in a couple of weeks. Most people think the Stafford game is a win, but I don't know after watching the Columbus game. Rancher has raised a good question, most of the boys were very successful playing sub-varsity ball, why are we seeing this kind of drop off?

BrahmaMom
10-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Oops, rancher, it WAS Marlin! I knew it was someone who was a mighty opponent. The mind is going...but the Brahma spirit is not! GO Brahmas!!

MJMbrahmas10
10-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Who does bellville play this week?

OLE'BULL
10-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Who does bellville play this week?

They are off this week, Sealy the following week at The Pasture

sinton66
10-10-2010, 05:45 PM
BrahmaMom, I believe that we played Sinton in Victoria when we lost. Marlin was played at Kyle Field. I also will follow and support the bulls, but when we are being taken down the path of of destruction by the current regime, something has to change. I am not going to be an ENABLER. I hope everyone is making there opinion know to the powers that run the Bellville School District that there must be change. No excuses, get her done.

And it was 2001, not 2003.

MJMbrahmas10
10-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Okay I think I heard that but for some reason I thought they had a bye already? Does this have to do with the 5 team district

Reds fan
10-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Bellville football has hit rock bottom or will in a couple of weeks. Most people think the Stafford game is a win, but I don't know after watching the Columbus game. Rancher has raised a good question, most of the boys were very successful playing sub-varsity ball, why are we seeing this kind of drop off?

This Brahma bunch, and I mean bunch not team, gave up after the first game at Caldwell. There is a lack of skill positions and the coaching staff has made no visable adjustments either in play calling or mentally that can be seen. There is no fire or passion from players or coaches, at least that can be seen from the stands. Bad play, and oh well, that's the way the ball bounces seems to be the attitude. Carry over from last year is what I'm seeing and that is certainly not the right direction.

rancher
10-10-2010, 06:51 PM
When was the last time Bellville was 1-9 or 2-8????

:thinking:

Red Bull
10-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Wow! I cannot believe what I saw on Friday night. That was simply horrible. By the time I got to my seat from the concession stand it was like 21-0. And there was only 1 person in front of me in line.

This was one of the worst beat downs I have seen in like 20-30 years of watching Bellville football. It was 45-0 and the only reason Bellville scored was the Cards put in 2nd and 3rd teamers. Not to take anything away from Columbus, but Bellville just laid down and got whooped tonight. Columbus has what I would say is average talent, but impressively they played with 100% effort. Sad how one team can want it so much and the other just not show up in a game the coaches have been calling a "key game" for weeks.

I predict they will not win another game this year. If they do, then Stafford must be one of the worst teams in class 3A. Rancher you are right, Sealy and BR can pick the score they want against this group.

I would list the problems here tonight, but I simply don't have the time. There is a real problem in Bellville right now and lets hope it gets fixed one way or another for our kids deserve better than what we are seeing now.

rancher
10-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I only recall Bellville crossing the 50 yard line and that was with 6 minutes left to go in the game. I have only heard "excuses" last year and so far this year. Some want to treat this team like a pee wee baseball team where they dont keep score and everyone gets a first place trophy. No one want to point fingers and tell someone to man up and take responsibility for this fisaco athletic program. I have not attended the booster club meetings this year, but what is being said? Are hard questions being asked? Will staff just not answer the questions or tell you they will talk with you later in their office? The decision makers in the Bellville School Dist. need to know who everyone feels about the direction of the progarm. Tell the Supt. Coker and the board members to take a hard look and get this program on the right track. Tell them to GET HER DONE.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Some want to treat this team like a pee wee baseball team where they dont keep score and everyone gets a first place trophy.

I recall reading the Bellville times that the Pee wee boys from Bellville won the District 13 Championship going 5-0. Im sure they were keeping score?

BrahmaMom
10-11-2010, 09:24 AM
In 2001 Sinton beat us in Victoria, 2003 MARLIN beat us at Kyle Field, just for the record. Doesn't help the 2010 team. I hope a week off will give them the time they need to adjust attitudes and come out against Sealy with heart and doing what they need to do. GO BULLS!

duckhunter
10-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I recall reading the Bellville times that the Pee wee boys from Bellville won the District 13 Championship going 5-0. Im sure they were keeping score? I dont believe that was his point, but regardless can those pee wee boys play football?

rancher
10-11-2010, 09:43 AM
When was Bellville's last 1-9 season and Last 2-8 season??

Bull's-eye
10-11-2010, 10:53 AM
When was Bellville's last 1-9 season and Last 2-8 season??

I had to do a little research (thanks to WOS87) and find their team records. Bellville's last losing season came in 1997 with a (3-7) record. You have to go back to 1972 to find a (1-8) record and 1970 with a (1-9) mark.

One note: Bellville has the #9 best 3A record for the last decade and the #10 best record for the last 50 years.

Red Bull
10-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Great research Bulls Eye. So this current version of the Brahmas will go down in history. That has to count for something. Wow - over 40 years since we have been this bad.

I would just like to know what has happened these last two seasons. In 2009 they were pre-season top 5 and loaded with talent from region finals team. We heard they didn't have leadership. We heard this is what can happen with new coach, etc... Well this year I hear that the team is young and experienced. Seems like a lot of excuses. Players play and coaches coach and it is time for Bellville to do both.

From what I can tell from the stands, it just doesn't look like everyone is on the same page. Now with loosing comes the lack of effort and fingerpointing. All this leads to a very bad year.

Hears to hoping they get it turned around and show some pride these last 3 games. If they lay down like a lot of people think they will, then Sealy and Brooksire Royal will run all over the bulls and the Pasture will surely be a pasture of pain.

MJMbrahmas10
10-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Great post

Bull's-eye
10-11-2010, 12:47 PM
I have posted a lot of the problems were due to our offense, but Columbus exposed several holes in our defense. I think a lot of teams have caught up to the blitzing 3-3 defense and found ways to pick up the pressure, run away from our rushers & burn us for a big play. I watched several plays were our outside LB would have to chase the runner from behind the line of scrimmage. We would blitz from the left & the play would go to our far right. It's starting to look like if we guess correctly, we will get a sack or stop the run for a loss. If we don't, then it's a big play for our opponent. Some teams run a bend don't break defense, our's is more like a hit or miss.

Bull's-eye
10-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
Great research Bulls Eye. So this current version of the Brahmas will go down in history. That has to count for something. Wow - over 40 years since we have been this bad.

All the credit goes to WOS87, we are very fortunate to have him on this site. :)

rancher
10-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks Bull's Eye, GREAT RESEARCH, my oldest son played for Huey when they went 3-7. Things even then, except for when they played Sealy never looked as bad as the team now does. I hope that someone points out to the decision makers of the Bellville School District how low the program has descended.

the genious
10-11-2010, 01:20 PM
I have posted a lot of the problems were due to our offense, but Columbus exposed several holes in our defense. I think a lot of teams have caught up to the blitzing 3-3 defense and found ways to pick up the pressure, run away from our rushers & burn us for a big play. I watched several plays were our outside LB would have to chase the runner from behind the line of scrimmage. We would blitz from the left & the play would go to our far right. It's starting to look like if we guess correctly, we will get a sack or stop the run for a loss. If we don't, then it's a big play for our opponent. Some teams run a bend don't break defense, our's is more like a hit or miss.

I believe thier blitzes r very predictable on film and that's y a team that studies film the right way can put up 40+

Bull's-eye
10-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by the genious
I believe thier blitzes r very predictable on film and that's y a team that studies film the right way can put up 40+

You make a good point, a good coach can pick up on things that may tip him off to where the pressure is coming from.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I had to do a little research (thanks to WOS87) and find their team records. Bellville's last losing season came in 1997 with a (3-7) record. You have to go back to 1972 to find a (1-8) record and 1970 with a (1-9) mark.

One note: Bellville has the #9 best 3A record for the last decade and the #10 best record for the last 50 years.

So with this years record that will pretty much drop Bellville in both?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I dont believe that was his point, but regardless can those pee wee boys play football?

There are a few from the baseball team that play pee wee football, and they are also undefeated this year.

the genious
10-11-2010, 11:26 PM
You make a good point, a good coach can pick up on things that may tip him off to where the pressure is coming from.

For example Columbus ran counter to the weak side for 10+ everytime the guard and big tackle killed those 2 linebackers because the tackle went inside everyplay!!! Not smart coaching disguise some blitzes run a x stunt with those 2 to confuse things..... Easy to pick up on when same play gets called everytime

teetle
10-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Cardinal looked pretty goods. I was totally embarresses for Bellvilles. Thats was the worstes performance thats I has ever seen. It going tos be even worse agoinst the Tigers. Jimmie probablys wonts run up the score. He mights not bes able to helps it.:D :doh: :doh: :D

BrahmaMom
10-12-2010, 10:13 AM
I hate to hear the word "bad" used in conjunction with this team. The season, maybe, but the players or coaches, I just can't stomach that. I don't think anyone is trying to lose. I can't say what the problem is, but calling the team bad just hits me wrong--as a Mom. I, like Bull's-eye, hope the team can take this week off and pull together and play with pride the next three games, for themselves. Because having this record over their heads the rest of their lives isn't the way to finish up and it isn't the Brahma way. We win with class and we lose with class. Bellville has always been a class program. GO BULLS!

FbCoachB40
10-12-2010, 10:20 AM
I hate to hear the word "bad" used in conjunction with this team. The season, maybe, but the players or coaches, I just can't stomach that. I don't think anyone is trying to lose. I can't say what the problem is, but calling the team bad just hits me wrong--as a Mom. I, like Bull's-eye, hope the team can take this week off and pull together and play with pride the next three games, for themselves. Because having this record over their heads the rest of their lives isn't the way to finish up and it isn't the Brahma way. We win with class and we lose with class. Bellville has always been a class program. GO BULLS!

Great post, BrahmaMom, but we should all understand there are alot of 1-9, 2-8 teams that play with alot of class. I have not seen the Brahmas in person this year, but if "class" is an issue that does speak highly of leadership. I would hope that we are not putting "class" and winning in the same boat.

hookandladder
10-12-2010, 10:51 AM

I have had nothing but respect for Bellville's entire program for the last 15 years, after playing them the last 4 years from Junior High to Varsity I just think the talent is level is not there. It all goes in cycles, fans just seem to need to blame someone for the lack of it. Bellville will get it back.

rancher
10-12-2010, 12:23 PM
A team that is about to tie a 40 year record of defeats is bad. I'm not calling the players bad, they have talent. Im still trying to figure out when the wheels came off the wagon and why? Nothing but undefeated teams up to the varsity level tells you where the problem exist. The man in charge of this abysmal progam needs to be asked the hard questions at Booster Club meetings and told of the record he is about to set. NO MORE EXCUSES, GET HER DONE.

FbCoachB40
10-12-2010, 12:57 PM
A team that is about to tie a 40 year record of defeats is bad. I'm not calling the players bad, they have talent. Im still trying to figure out when the wheels came off the wagon and why? Nothing but undefeated teams up to the varsity level tells you where the problem exist. The man in charge of this abysmal progam needs to be asked the hard questions at Booster Club meetings and told of the record he is about to set. NO MORE EXCUSES, GET HER DONE.

Questions like that DO NOT need to be asked at Booster Club meetings!!!

Thus the name "Booster" club. Not "Challenge Competency" club. If members of the booster club are unhappy about the program they need to either voice it to the school board (who makes personnel decisions) or SUCK IT UP!!

I think that it is bad when booster club members think that paying their dues give them the right to challenge a coach on play calling, substitutions, and why you went for two.

Again, "If members of the booster club are unhappy about the program they need to either voice it to the school board (who makes personnel decisions) or SUCK IT UP!!"

rancher
10-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Booster Club members pay their money, take their time and gas to come to the meeting, they have the right to ask the questions!!
The meeting is NOT A PEP RALLY FOR THE COACHING STAFF. The man in charge needs to man up and answer the questions. He knew what went with the job when he took it.

teetle
10-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Booster clubs is full of armchair quarterbacks who was bigger, stronger and faster when they was young. Now theys have all the answers.
a leastes theys thinks theys do. Coach bes right. The school board makes the dissions. :D :eek: :eek: :D

rancher
10-12-2010, 01:13 PM
You are very correct, the school board does need to be aware of the situation and that a 40 year record is about to be tied. When I made this know to some, they were not aware of it and have taken a keen interest. I encourge all to let the decision makers ( supt and board) (since they work for you) of the district know your feelings, both pro and con.

Mojado
10-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Booster Club members pay their money, take their time and gas to come to the meeting, they have the right to ask the questions!!
The meeting is NOT A PEP RALLY FOR THE COACHING STAFF. The man in charge needs to man up and answer the questions. He knew what went with the job when he took it.

Nope...Wrong... Only answers needed are to the Sup or if it's site based management, to the principal... They make recommendations to the Board members...

Booster Clubs can ask but don't need answers...

On that note, they can ban together and get the coach run out of town...

rancher
10-12-2010, 01:21 PM
YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG, the Supt. works for us, the tax payer. We vote and elect the board who makes the decisions. It is the BOARD MEMBERS WHO VOTE ON THE CONTRACTS. Some of the supt. do not want to cause waves or make the tough decisions.

BrahmaMom
10-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Well said, hookandladder. Adversity should pull us all together, not divide us. I hope the Brahmas use this experience to learn from and become better men. Everyone should take their part of responsibility in the outcome this season. Fans, parents, coaches, players. I own my part. Personnel decisions are an administrative responsibility, not ours. Thank goodness, who wants to be responsibile for that second-guessing?

Mojado
10-12-2010, 01:30 PM
YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG, the Supt. works for us, the tax payer. We vote and elect the board who makes the decisions. It is the BOARD MEMBERS WHO VOTE ON THE CONTRACTS. Some of the supt. do not want to cause waves or make the tough decisions.

The contracts are takin to the Board by the Sup. Yes the tax payer elects the board... It's the hierarchy that you have backwards... The Board does not(should not) micro-manage...if things are not getting done the they should, then crap rolls downhill.

I totally agree with spineless Supts...and I agree the coach needs to answer questions now...and I agree with your anger...

All I'm saying is that the Booster Club should be nowhere in the mix...

FbCoachB40
10-12-2010, 01:31 PM

Booster club members do not pay their money and then earn the right to tell the coach what should be done.

That is like me giving money to a charity, and saying I have a right to vote with the governing board.

Mojado
10-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Well said, hookandladder. Adversity should pull us all together, not divide us. I hope the Brahmas use this experience to learn from and become better men. Everyone should take their part of responsibility in the outcome this season. Fans, parents, coaches, players. I own my part. Personnel decisions are an administrative responsibility, not ours. Thank goodness, who wants to be responsibile for that second-guessing?

Great Post!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Good luck to Bellville

Bone Pile
10-12-2010, 02:25 PM
The Booster club may think they have rights to pull and shove coaches but they do not. They have to go thru the proper channels just like everybody else.
1st- Arrange a meeting with the coach in question behind closed doors. Remeber cool heads prevail. He may or maynot discuss his strategy with you. Probably depends on your demeanor and approach.
2-nd-Go to the AD and have a civilized talk with him(its the catching more bees with honey than salt water thing). Make sure to not just dwell on the negatives.
3rd- If that does not work,get on the agenda at the school board meeting. Signed affidavids,letters from non present members and cold hard facts will get you a long way.
The only people that can fire a coach is the school board. No matter how right you think you are remember you are not always right.
Keep in mind that NOBODY and that means you,likes to be told what to do by someone who thinks they know what to do. Especially not publically criticized on a forum or out when seen on the street. That is a sure way to make enemies.
Arm chair quarterbacking is not the best thing to do,and we are all guilty of it. Especially to the boiling point.

FbCoachB40
10-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
The Booster club may think they have rights to pull and shove coaches but they do not. They have to go thru the proper channels just like everybody else.
1st- Arrange a meeting with the coach in question behind closed doors. Remeber cool heads prevail. He may or maynot discuss his strategy with you. Probably depends on your demeanor and approach.
2-nd-Go to the AD and have a civilized talk with him(its the catching more bees with honey than salt water thing). Make sure to not just dwell on the negatives.
3rd- If that does not work,get on the agenda at the school board meeting. Signed affidavids,letters from non present members and cold hard facts will get you a long way.
The only people that can fire a coach is the school board. No matter how right you think you are remember you are not always right.
Keep in mind that NOBODY and that means you,likes to be told what to do by someone who thinks they know what to do. Especially not publically criticized on a forum or out when seen on the street. That is a sure way to make enemies.
Arm chair quarterbacking is not the best thing to do,and we are all guilty of it. Especially to the boiling point.

Great post

hookandladder
10-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
The contracts are takin to the Board by the Sup. Yes the tax payer elects the board... It's the hierarchy that you have backwards... The Board does not(should not) micro-manage...if things are not getting done the they should, then crap rolls downhill.

I totally agree with spineless Supts...and I agree the coach needs to answer questions now...and I agree with your anger...

All I'm saying is that the Booster Club should be nowhere in the mix...

This is the way it is ran in La Grange also, the Super has final say and the school board backs the Super's decesion. Also our coaches never attend any booster club meeting's, if you have a problem with a coach schedule a meeting with him. I can not beleive some schools actually require there coaches to attend booster club meeting's, That's funny right there. If they actually do attend.

FbCoachB40
10-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
This is the way it is ran in La Grange also, the Super has final say and the school board backs the Super's decesion. Also our coaches never attend any booster club meeting's, if you have a problem with a coach schedule a meeting with him. I can not beleive some schools actually require there coaches to attend booster club meeting's, That's funny right there. If they actually do attend.

I have seen many coaches go to booster club meetings to show last weeks highlights, help rally a good attendance, and give insight on decision like, what is the best game to do a special raffle at.

However, no coach should have to be at a meeting of local citizens who berate him with questions about how decisions are made in a game. CRAP! Coaches who ARE winning or are NOT winning get that every Friday night from the stands.

My favorite stand quote: "Coach, why don't you tell them to block somebody?" HA!

I guess rancher is one of those fans.

hookandladder
10-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I have seen many coaches go to booster club meetings to show last weeks highlights, help rally a good attendance, and give insight on decision like, what is the best game to do a special raffle at.

However, no coach should have to be at a meeting of local citizens who berate him with questions about how decisions are made in a game. CRAP! Coaches who ARE winning or are NOT winning get that every Friday night from the stands.

My favorite stand quote: "Coach, why don't you tell them to block somebody?" HA!

I guess rancher is one of those fans.

Good post, agree totally.

XMan
10-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Someone wanted to know when the wheels fell off. Well, im thinking they fell off right about the time that you have parents and community members that think they can go to booster club meetings and question the coach(s). Since things are not going so well for the team, this is the time to support the team/coaches more than ever. If you want the Brahmas to win, you have to stick behind them thick and thin. And to the guy doing all the questioning, how bout you let the head football coach go to your job for a day and let him tell you everything he thinks you are doing wrong. Im willing to bet he knows a million times more about coaching than you do so you support the kids and let him coach!

rancher
10-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Like Bum said, only two types of coaches, those that have been fired and those that will be. Will we tie that 40 year record this year? Excuses are like the anal sphincter, everyone has one. How deep into the abyss must the program sink? Recall the early success of these seniors and juniors and you want to accept less.

OLE'BULL
10-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Personally, I think SOME of the players (and maybe coaches) have watched past Bellville teams make deep playoff runs and they think this just happens when you get to varsity. They don't see the countless hours put in lifting, running, etc. The emotion isn't there, that's no big secret. It might be because they haven't all been sacrificing since junior high to get where they need to be. It's hard to be emotional when you're not committed to a cause 110%. Losing Coach Chancellor and Coach Valentine has had an impact on this group of kids. I know that this group of coaches are working hard, no question about it, but I just don't understand the drastic drop off. They have the athletes on this team to be pretty good. There are still a few coaches left that were around in the glory days, I wonder if Foster is asking them what was done differently???

FbCoachB40
10-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Personally, I think SOME of the players (and maybe coaches) have watched past Bellville teams make deep playoff runs and they think this just happens when you get to varsity. They don't see the countless hours put in lifting, running, etc. The emotion isn't there, that's no big secret. It might be because they haven't all been sacrificing since junior high to get where they need to be. It's hard to be emotional when you're not committed to a cause 110%. Losing Coach Chancellor and Coach Valentine has had an impact on this group of kids. I know that this group of coaches are working hard, no question about it, but I just don't understand the drastic drop off. They have the athletes on this team to be pretty good. There are still a few coaches left that were around in the glory days, I wonder if Foster is asking them what was done differently???

Thank you!!

Really good post from a concerned fan.

Red Bull
10-13-2010, 09:05 AM
This thread has kind of gotten out of control. Obviously, this season and last season has not gone well for Bellville. In 2009 we had the talent and finished a dissapointing 6-4 and out of the playoffs. This years team everyone knew would have a slight drop off in talent and be inexperienced, but I don't think anyone could have predicted what we have seen this year. It is a total mess.

With that all being said, the new super will have a tough decision to make. No one likes to see a coach fired for that affects a lot of people (and families). But that is the life of a coach and they know it going in to their job.

Winning cures everything and Bellville has won a lot in the last few decades. A lot of that has been the players and a lot of that has been the coaching. Here's to hoping the Bellville powers figure it out one way or another. We have a lot of good classes of kids coming up and they deserve the best opportunity to be successful.

Either way it turns out I am a fan and have been for almost 50 years. I have seen them win and have seen them lose and up until now I have not seen them quit (last week was close to quiting IMO). Lets hope the coaches and the kids look deep inside this week and next and finish the season strong.

Show that Bellville pride boys.

jykoy
10-13-2010, 09:50 AM
It comes down to simple things like jogging off the field, hustling to the huddle, encouraging others on the field and on the sidelines... I don't see any of these things with this team. The trust between teammates, at this point, seems to be broken. Finger pointing and hanging your head in shame is probably going on in the locker room but cooler heads need to prevail. Seniors on the team really need to get together and try and get this ship back on course. This can be a true test of leadership and ownership. I don't know if Bellville Pride is instilled in these kids heads but there used to be a whole lot of it. Playing on varsity was a privilege, an honor and something kids looked up to and worked towards their entire lives. Surely they're not just showing up and expecting to win. If so, this reality check might just be what they need.
Let's go Brahmas... finish strong and keep your heads up. Quitting is not an option.

BrahmaMom
10-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Former Brahmas have words of wisdom for our current team. Listen up, guys, cuz they have been there and know what they are talking about. Let's forget the finger-pointing and calling out coaches and get behind this team so they can finish strong. Brahma Pride, hustle, 110%--JUST DO IT! Love ya, Bulls!