PDA

View Full Version : Angels not happy with Rangers for recognizing players

IrishTex
10-03-2010, 06:44 PM
The regular-season finale was delayed in the top of the sixth inning Sunday as manager Ron Washington pulled Rangers regulars one-by-one so that they could receive a warm ovation from the fans. Washington did a similar thing before Vladimir Guerrero batted in the bottom of the inning.

Angels right-hander Dan Haren responded by throwing behind pinch-hitter Matt Treanor. Angels who were asked afterward said that they had never seen anything quite like that Washington did to recognize the players. Torii Hunter didn't like the moves, which in no way were intended to show up the vanquished Angels. But, apparently, some felt slighted.

Said Hunter: "What can you do? You can't do anything about it. What are you going to do, cry? It doesn't matter if I liked it or not. It doesn't matter if they try to rub it in our face or not, it's their stadium, they can do whatever the hell they want. I'd never do that. But they won it, they're the champs. We're going home, going fishing, I guess."

Said Haren: "It was a little weird. I don't know the history. If we'd done something like that, then it was fine to do. It was a little out of the ordinary. I felt bad for their pitcher. He had to stand around out there for five minutes."

Said manager Mike Scioscia: "Some guys thought it was maybe a little over the top. I had no problem with it. I think the guys realized it's their party. They certainly deserved and earned the right to celebrate anyway they wanted to and push themselves into the playoffs."

-- Jeff Wilson

Source (http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/foul_territory/2010/10/angels-not-happy-with-rangers-for-recognizing-players.html)

Txbroadcaster
10-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

Said Haren: "It was a little weird. I don't know the history. If we'd done something like that, then it was fine to do.

-- Jeff Wilson

Source (http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/foul_territory/2010/10/angels-not-happy-with-rangers-for-recognizing-players.html)

WAIT..so he is saying if the angels would have done it then fine, but since the Rangers did it then it is a problem? LOL

Daddy D 11
10-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I think he was saying that he didn't know if the Angels had ever done anything like that in the past? And if they had, then what the Rangers did was okay, because it was maybe 'status quo'.

IrishTex
10-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
WAIT..so he is saying if the angels would have done it then fine, but since the Rangers did it then it is a problem? LOL

I thought the same thing....either he's a goofball or we just didn't get the correct quote..

:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Haren said he didnt know the history. Think he ment between the Rangers vs Angels so if the Angels did that against the Rangers then it was fine the Rangers return the favor or maybe he just didnt know if the Angels had ever done that before.

Txbroadcaster
10-03-2010, 06:55 PM
either way..people get butt hurt to easily now.

Maroon87
10-03-2010, 08:24 PM
The Astros have had a team clinch against them the last 2 years in a row. They plan to combat that by being the team that clinches next year. Maybe the Angels should make similar plans...:thinking:

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The Astros have had a team clinch against them the last 2 years in a row. They plan to combat that by being the team that clinches next year. Maybe the Angels should make similar plans...:thinking:

+1