PDA

View Full Version : Kirbyville????

98Eagle
10-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Just wondering what happened to all the K-Ville posters and their state dreams. After the Bulldogs proved they were overrated, it's been mighty quiet around here. Guess they were just so stuffed from all that crow, they've been napping all day.

crimson blood
10-11-2003, 08:08 PM
hey lighten up. the team took their loss with dignity, which seems to be more than could be said for a few of their fans.

i did not understand the comment from another thread.

holdem
10-11-2003, 11:37 PM
I thought Kirbyville’s kids came ready to play and played hard for the entire game (Jasper did too.) Good job on a great start and good luck with the rest of your season. With that said, I don’t think Cooter05 will retract any statements. Then again he was probably one of the Kirbyville fans booing the coaches in the 2nd quarter.

Cooter05 quotes:

they aint the Jasper of last year. Face it. Ya'll are good for at least two chokes a year and this will be one of them.
Kirbyville 26
Jasper 13
Kirbyville is more talanted, disciplined and better coached.

If Jasper does happen to pull it out tonight it will not be by much. I just think that the Wildcats are a better more experienced team.
Last year they played a senior laden team with 15 soph., and 6 juniors, who are back with a vengence.

I have not seen Jasper play but it doesn't take a scientist to realize that Jasper lost the house to graduation and that Kirbyville has its entire team back. And you know what? They'll all be back next year too. Kirbyville plays the spread attack well, because they are so quick on defense and will defeat the most underachieving school in Texas High School Football History.

j_dog
10-12-2003, 12:34 AM
Holdem, it is okay if the posters don't want to eat their share of crow. 81 weighed in quickly. Otherwise, it does seem pretty quiet. No problem. Jasper can ALWAYS use the bulletin board material. :D

I think, for the most part this year Jasper fans are doing what they should have been doing last year. That is letting the team do its talking on the field with their play. :)

holdem
10-12-2003, 07:05 AM
Amen regarding last year's posters.

It's been interesting watching this team grow from a JV squad to a varsity team this year. Still a long way to go but it looks like they're improving weekly.

Backwoods
10-12-2003, 09:13 AM
It's too bad a lot of other areas don' follow their example. Watch the road coming over guys. A lot of construction. LOL :D

98Eagle
10-12-2003, 02:27 PM
I know I learned my lesson last year. I talked a lot of smack before the Jasper/Newton game and it came back to haunt me. Jasper really kicked are butts good, but I was on here the next day admitting my wrongs and praising Jasper. If you're gonna talk smack at least have the guts to show up after a loss and admit you were wrong. JMHO

Wildcat81
10-12-2003, 06:47 PM
i guess i'm the only one thats admits K-ville got thier tales clipped. :D

Wildcat81
10-12-2003, 06:49 PM
j_dog:
Holdem, it is okay if the posters don't want to eat their share of crow. 81 weighed in quickly. Otherwise, it does seem pretty quiet. No problem. Jasper can ALWAYS use the bulletin board material. :D

I think, for the most part this year Jasper fans are doing what they should have been doing last year. That is letting the team do its talking on the field with their play. :) Thanks j_dog. wink

Old Cardinal
10-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Actually, I thought Kirbyville played a good game against Jasper. It's just a fact that Jasper is getting a little better each week as they gain Friday night experience..I look for Newton/Jasper and also Diboll/Kirbyville games to be the pivitol games in that District.

cooter05
10-13-2003, 02:28 PM
No HOLDEM I wasn't doing any booing, I wasn't even at the game. I had other obligations I had to tend to. Congratulations to Jasper, they must have played a great game. My predicttions were dead wrong, but I also don't retract any statements either. Jasper obviously is better than I expected, but I'll stay by guns and say that Kirbyville is a good football team. They will bounce back and make the playoffs, and possibly win a few games. From what I hear, they were outmanned against Jasper, and ran out of gas. Jasper is the way better team.

Kirbyville is still young, and will get better each week, and be a team to reckon with for two more years.

booger1
10-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Ya know, I could rag the heck out of K-ville, but I'm not. I just hope they learned their lesson, that they can be beat, and Good Luck to 'em the rest of the season! Hopefully it will be longer than 10 games, they deserve it!

holdem
10-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Fair enough Cooter. I didn't mind ya sticking up for your Wildcats, but I didn't like the negative comments about Jasper. I'll agree that Kirbyville has a solid team (I think they'll make the playoffs and win a few)and that they are young - but so is Jasper.

Jasper only had 2 varsity returning starters playing at the beginning of the year. They're growing up every game, getting better each week and they'll be around for the next few years too. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Wildcat81
10-14-2003, 03:26 PM
Booger1 I like your stile.you'er a good guy.