PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Rockport-Fulton @ Sinton

sinton66
10-03-2010, 12:12 PM
This could be the first real "test" for Sinton. Past games between these two were really good games. Predictions/discussion?

sinfan75
10-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Sinton by 7

IrishTex
10-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Sinton by 21, and I know nothing about Rockport...
C-a-k-e W-a-l-k

sinton66
10-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Sinton by 21, and I know nothing about Rockport...
C-a-k-e W-a-l-k

I hope you're right, but I don't think so. These two haven't played each other since Dat Ngyuen played MLB for RF. We played them three years 1990-1992 and went 2-1 against them with them winning the last one.

IrishTex
10-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I posted this on another thread, but wanted to re-post it here as I got to researching Rockport Fulton, and they sound like a pretty good challenge for Sinton this week.

ROCKPORT - After reaching the playoffs for the first time since 2003, the Rockport Pirates are confident than can go even further this season.

"We wanna get out of the first round, and keep improving every year, second or third round who knows," said Fullback Tyler Hull.

The big twist this season though will be Rockport's drop into the 3A ranks, something they have been wishing would happen for years now. But just because they are in a smaller classification, it does not mean life is getting any easier, as the Pirates have been placed in the ultra-competitive District 30-3A, which includes Mathis, Sinton and Ingleside.

"We're preparing ourselves playing a tough 4A non-district and it's not gonna be different, but we are still 4A mentality," said Hull.

"Dropping down to 3A is no different, I don't see it as a real change, and we still gotta work hard and keep going. There are still good opponents in Mathis and Ingleside, but we just gotta come out and do our thing," said Linebacker Phong Tran.

Quarterback will be the big question mark for Pirates who graduated three-year starter and emotional leader Dalton Conway. Stratton Williams is slated to take over under center, and though he has enormous shoes to fill, his teammates are quite confident in his ability.

"Conway, we are gonna miss him, but we still have a good quarterback and everything," said Lineman Miguel Estrada.

"I have full confidence in Stratton he is as good a leader as Dalton, probably even better, and he is gonna be a big name to reckon with the next couple of years," said Hull.

The Pirates will kickoff their season at home against Orange Grove on the 27th without returner Hunter Jasek who will be sidelined until district at the earliest.

Source (http://www.kristv.com/news/h-s-football-season-preview-rockport-fulton-pirates/)

IrishTex
10-03-2010, 01:17 PM
But let's see what happened when Rockport got beaten earlier this year...

ROCKPORT — There was nothing subtle or complicated about Port Lavaca Calhoun’s game plan on Friday night.

The Sandcrabs simply executed, and Rockport-Fulton was powerless to stop them.

An overpowering ground assault led the way as the Sandcrabs romped to a 35-7 victory at Pirate Stadium.

Brandon Griffith ran for 217 yards and four touchdowns as the Sandcrabs (3-2) piled up 345 rushing yards and didn’t bother to attempt a pass in the teams’ final nondistrict tuneup.

After seeing his Pirates (3-2) suffer their most lopsided loss of the season, coach Guy Grover wasn’t in a loquacious mood.

“I have no comment tonight,” Grover said. “We got beat.”

And it was a thorough beating, as the Sandcrabs led 21-0 at halftime while the Pirates had as many fumbles lost (three) as first downs during the opening 24 minutes.

Calhoun dominated the first half, controlling the ball for 17-plus minutes as Rockport-Fulton ran only 15 plays.

The Sandcrabs started their first drive by losing 6 yards on their first two plays, but Griffith ran 17 yards on third-and-16 and seven plays later, Joseph Bargas ran 6 yards for a touchdown on a quarterback keeper.

After getting the ball pack with 4:06 left in the first, the Sandcrabs chewed 8:37 off the clock with a 16-play drive, culminating with Griffith running into the end zone untouched on third-and-3 from the 9.

“(The plan was) run at them and tire them out,” Griffith said. “If you keep the ball in your possession, the other team can’t win. It just wears them down more and more.”

Things then got disastrous for the Pirates, who fumbled inside their side of the field on the next three possessions.

The second fumble was at the Rockport-Fulton 6, with Griffith rumbling in from a yard out two plays later for a 21-0 advantage.

The Pirates opened the second half by driving to the Sandcrabs’ 18, where they turned it over on downs.

Calhoun then took over and drove 82 yards in nine plays, with Griffith scoring from 6 yards out.

The Sandcrabs’ shutout was broke early in the fourth quarter, when Cory Williams fumbled a punt and the Pirates’ Brian Warren returned it 36 yards for a touchdown.

Griffith then added a 2-yard touchdown run to close out the scoring.

The game had a scary moment midway through the second quarter. Pirates running back Justin Daniel was injured after being tackled on a catch out of the backfield.

Daniel was down on the field for several minutes while paramedics were summoned. He was put on a stretcher and left the stadium via ambulance. The early reports indicated a jammed neck and that Daniel should be OK.

Port Lavaca 7 14 7 7 — 35

R-F 0 0 0 7 — 7

PLC Jacob Bargas 6 run (Noble Mu kick)

PLC Brandon Griffith 9 run (Mu kick)

PLC Griffith 1 run (Mu kick)

PLC Griffith 6 run (Mu kick)

RF Brian Warren 36 fumble return (J.C. Breeding kick)

PLC Griffith 2 run (Mu kick)

TEAM STATISTICS

PLC R-F

First downs 22 8

Rushes-yards 54-345 25-57

Passes 0-0-0 7-10-0

Yards passing 0 75

Punts 2-28.5 4-35

Fumbles-lost 3-1 5-3

Penalties 5-50 0-0

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING - PLC, Griffith 27-217, Bargas 23-108, Jorge Torres 4-15, Nick McCrory 1-5; R-F, Jacob Romero 11-44, Justin Daniel 3-9, Andrew Reyes 3-1, Michael Contreras 2-9, Isiah Mendiola 2-1, Tyler Hull 1-3, Stratton Williams 1-(-1), Austin Gibson 1-(-4), Team 1-(-5).

PASSING - R-F, Williams 7-17-0-75

RECEIVING - R-F, Hunter Jasek 3-25, Jason Seawright 2-2, Gibson 1-31, Daniel 1-9.

Source (http://www.caller.com/news/2010/sep/25/hard-running-sandcrabs-roll-past-pirates/)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Here you go IrishTex:

Rockport Fulton (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOyNSeY3MZo)

IrishTex
10-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Here you go IrishTex:

Rockport Fulton (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOyNSeY3MZo)

Thanks Sinton Fan...
Nice video...a couple of things that I thought were noteworthy..

I've never heard of Flour Bluff before...but man oh man...they have some HUGE kids on that team!!!

I'm assuming that game was played at Flour Bluff?? Where were the fans????? Wow...interesting video. Looks like Rockport has a problem stopping the run..well, to some degree anyways.

sinton66
10-03-2010, 01:37 PM
But let's see what happened when Rockport got beaten earlier this year...

Fumbles-lost 5-3

Source (http://www.caller.com/news/2010/sep/25/hard-running-sandcrabs-roll-past-pirates/)

Typical early season mistakes usually corrected by start of district play. (Also of note, 4 out of 5 predistrict opponents are 4a teams.)

sinton66
10-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks Sinton Fan...
Nice video...a couple of things that I thought were noteworthy..

I've never heard of Flour Bluff before...but man oh man...they have some HUGE kids on that team!!!

I'm assuming that game was played at Flour Bluff?? Where were the fans????? Wow...interesting video. Looks like Rockport has a problem stopping the run..well, to some degree anyways.

Score was 24-0 RF. RF was the green/white team. Must have stopped them when it counted. Flour Bluff is usually a 4A playoff team in that area.

Common opponent THIS YEAR:

Rockport-Fulton Pirates
08/27 Orange Grove W 49-6

10/01 Sinton @ Orange Grove W 34-12

"ultra-competitive District 30-3A"

pirate4state
10-03-2010, 03:29 PM
If we come out and play sluggish, sloppy & uninspired like we have the past few games there may not be time to "light the fire" in the second half! :rolleyes:

Hopefully after reviewing film they'll understand that you can't half ass your way through games against quality opponents and expect to win.

GATA SINTON!

99IHSMustang
10-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Sintons balanced offense can keep the Rockport D on their heels, but if Rockports Offense can control the clock with their heavy running game, then whoever ends up with the ball last may win the game.

Tough game to pick the winner.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
If we come out and play sluggish, sloppy & uninspired like we have the past few games there may not be time to "light the fire" in the second half! :rolleyes:

Hopefully after reviewing film they'll understand that you can't half ass your way through games against quality opponents and expect to win.

GATA SINTON! Rockport Fulton will pound the inside game and hopefully the guys up front get more help than they have the past two games and mix in run blitz or 8 man front. Rockport in only game i saw them in forced the run even though the line was stacked and wasnt getting more than 3 yds per carry. Sinton can dominate this game if they shut down that run as it seems RF has been forcing the run even if it wasnt successful.

pancho villa
10-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I say the Pirates win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUSTANG69
10-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I say the Pirates win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are going to be right on this one.:D

defense51
10-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Sinton by 2 td's

FmrPirate14
10-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Sinton wins in this one...

Sinton-28

RF-20

IHStangFan
10-04-2010, 04:38 PM
This one won't be close.

Sinton 38
RF 12

Think RF is getting a little too much credit here.

MUSTANG69
10-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I saw the game film of Gregory-Portland/Rockport-Fulton.

No contest. Sinton +21

pirate4state
10-04-2010, 04:51 PM
I wish we had some Rockport posters

FmrPirate14
10-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Are yall forgetting this is District?? Rockports gonna come out playing hard in this one...but Sinton will still win. I dont think it will be a "blow out"

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I saw the game film of Gregory-Portland/Rockport-Fulton.

No contest. Sinton +21 i saw the game live :doh:

and if Sinton doesnt adjust to stopping the inside running game and force them to pass it will be a close game.

sinton66
10-04-2010, 10:19 PM
i saw the game live :doh:

and if Sinton doesnt adjust to stopping the inside running game and force them to pass it will be a close game.

I'm not too sure I'd liken Sinton to GP just yet either. (But then, I haven't seen GP play.)

MUSTANG69
10-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I'm not too sure I'd liken Sinton to GP just yet either. (But then, I haven't seen GP play.)

GP games are telecast almost every night on cable. They run about a week behind and telecast each game for about a week.
They are good but not great. Sinton could play with them so I don't think Sinton will have a problem with R-F.

pancho villa
10-05-2010, 09:16 AM
I don't know who will win this, don't care. However Sinton folk better hope Rockport makes the playoffs.

Lucky2Coach
10-05-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't know who will win this, don't care. However Sinton folk better hope Rockport makes the playoffs.

Please explain this Pancho... I have no idea what you mean!?!

pirate4state
10-05-2010, 09:41 AM

blah, blah, blah...

LOL stick to "turn left" events and making fun of the stand around sponsors and leave football predictions to the experts.

pancho villa
10-05-2010, 09:45 AM
blah, blah, blah...

LOL stick to "turn left" events and making fun of the stand around sponsors and leave football predictions to the experts.

I am the expert cause "I am El Rey"

pancho villa
10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
Please explain this Pancho... I have no idea what you mean!?!

Cause Sinton will go big.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Cause Sinton will go big. :thinking: and let me guess, West Columbia will be big

pirate4state
10-05-2010, 10:05 AM
I am the expert cause "I am El Rey" Being "El Rey" of the toilet does not count :p

pancho villa
10-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Being "El Rey" of the toilet does not count :p

You right now are having the privilege of having a discussion with the greatest football mind in room E-9.

pirate4state
10-05-2010, 10:25 AM
You right now are having the privilege of having a discussion with the greatest football mind in room E-9. :spitlol: The same football mind that picked Caldwell and Sinton to lose big against Royal.

You better hope we go DII or we'll be spanking that Dub C booty!

pancho villa
10-05-2010, 10:43 AM
:spitlol: The same football mind that picked Caldwell and Sinton to lose big against Royal.

You better hope we go DII or we'll be spanking that Dub C booty!

I will personally BBQ that Sinton parrot and eat it myself!

pirate4state
10-05-2010, 10:46 AM
I will personally BBQ that Sinton parrot and eat it myself! Now THAT you are an expert in. :D

pancho villa
10-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Now THAT you are an expert in. :D

Eating, football, and sinoritas calientes are my expertise.

pancho villa
10-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Be careful or I will pull the old spoke coverage out and that will be your demise.

SintonFan
10-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Be careful or I will pull the old spoke coverage out and that will be your demise.

It is good to see you out here supporting our Pirates. You know, with your team losing and all. I can forgive you for jumping ship, but just this one time.

megaman2184
10-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Sinton in a close first half but pulls away in the 2nd.

Sinton 42
RP-F 14

Rockport won't have an answer for Sinton's passing game.

SintonFan
10-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by megaman2184
Sinton in a close first half but pulls away in the 2nd.

Sinton 42
RP-F 14

Rockport won't have an answer for Sinton's passing game.

These games are always big "Slobber-Knockers."
RF will be ready to play.

megaman2184
10-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
These games are always big "Slobber-Knockers."
RF will be ready to play.

Not on this night esp. that Sinton is at home.

SintonFan
10-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Not on this night esp. that Sinton is at home.

Just because my Pirates are at home doesn't mean it won't be a "hard-fought" contest. :nerd:

megaman2184
10-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Just because my Pirates are at home doesn't mean it won't be a "hard-fought" contest. :nerd:

I just don't see Rockport breaking out of their losing streak anytime soon. :cool:

pirate4state
10-05-2010, 09:45 PM
They've had an extra week to prepare. I think Rockport gives us all they have, but we emerge victorious. :D

SintonFan
10-05-2010, 09:49 PM
I just don't see Rockport breaking out of their losing streak anytime soon. :cool:

They've had an extra week to prepare. I think Rockport gives us all they have, but we emerge victorious. :D

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself.:cool:
I won't make a prediction yet, though. lol

BTW, who does RF play next week? Because I'm wondering if mm2184 is honing in on something?
j/k mm :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2010, 09:51 PM
If Rockport doesnt have success running it will get ugly fast! Sinton flag runners will be doing alot of running.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2010, 09:53 PM
They've had an extra week to prepare. I think Rockport gives us all they have, but we emerge victorious. :D extra week sometimes means a team comes out sluggish. Alot of teams use that excuse couple years ago when district 30 had no teams and force some to have byes.

megaman2184
10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself.:cool:
I won't make a prediction yet, though. lol

BTW, who does RF play next week? Because I'm wondering if mm2184 is honing in on something?
j/k mm :D

Rockport will be @ AP next Friday. Yea maybe next week they can knock off that losing skid. :thinking:

SintonFan
10-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Rockport will be @ AP next Friday. Yea maybe next week they can knock off that losing skid. :thinking:

Like I knew that...:p

megaman2184
10-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Like I knew that...:p :nerd: :D

pirate4state
10-05-2010, 10:18 PM
extra week sometimes means a team comes out sluggish. Alot of teams use that excuse couple years ago when district 30 had no teams and force some to have byes. or foaming at the mouth and ready to tear it up! ;)

pancho villa
10-06-2010, 07:25 AM
It is good to see you out here supporting our Pirates. You know, with your team losing and all. I can forgive you for jumping ship, but just this one time.

I think you have me confused with someone else.

RF 35 Sinton 0

Bull Butter
10-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Should be a good game. Sinton by 7

However, the question on the poll is inaccurate. The "Real" Pirates of 30-AAA is spelled M-A-T-H-I-S :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

However, the question on the poll is inaccurate. The "Real" Pirates of 30-AAA is spelled M-A-T-H-I-S :D :doh:

:D k i'll let you slide with that one

megaman2184
10-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

However, the question on the poll is inaccurate. The "Real" Pirates of 30-AAA is spelled M-A-T-H-I-S :D

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9054/seethere.jpg (http://img690.imageshack.us/i/seethere.jpg/)

piratebg
10-06-2010, 01:52 PM
My gut says Sinton but not by too much.

Sinton 31
Rockport 21

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
My gut says Sinton but not by too much.

Sinton 31
Rockport 21 Hey there stranger!

piratebg
10-06-2010, 01:58 PM
We need some Rockport folk like seriously bad here. Trash talk is fun but some extra insight would be nice too.

pirate4state
10-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
We need some Rockport folk like seriously bad here. Trash talk is fun but some extra insight would be nice too. No joke! Does the Caller site still have forums?

Cowboy_Up
10-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Take it easy on me Sinton posters, but this is my upset special this week...
RF by 6

MUSTANG69
10-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
RF by 6

You better be careful. If you aren't, P4S will tell you "Edna sucks"
:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Captain Fearless week 6 predictions (http://www.caller.com/news/2010/oct/06/every-dog-and-captain-fearless-will-have-their-day/)

no more forums for caller times.

piratebg
10-06-2010, 03:34 PM
RF by 6

Get a rope. :devil:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2010, 03:37 PM
http://956sports.com/forum/images/smilies/angry2.gif

RF by 6 http://956sports.com/forum/images/smilies/angry2.gif

IHStangFan
10-06-2010, 03:41 PM
:spitlol: The same football mind that picked Caldwell and Sinton to lose big against Royal.

You better hope we go DII or we'll be spanking that Dub C booty! I would LOVE to see that game.

pirate4state
10-06-2010, 04:40 PM
RF by 6

hehe it's okay...it wouldn't be any fun if everyone thought we had a cakewalk :rolleyes:

pirate4state
10-06-2010, 04:41 PM
You better be careful. If you aren't, P4S will tell you "Edna sucks"
:D

Nah, that's only for my friends in Ingleside.

BTW --- yall suck! :tongue:

MUSTANG69
10-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Nah, that's only for my friends in Ingleside.

BTW --- yall suck! :tongue:

Are you going to be in Ingleside next week? :devil:

pirate4state
10-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Are you going to be in Ingleside next week? :devil: Yep...

SintonFan
10-06-2010, 07:16 PM
RF by 6

Are you saying they have six more members in band?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

SintonFan
10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I think you have me confused with someone else.

No, not really.

megaman2184
10-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Wasn't some of the students in Rockport come down with the flu over the bye week?

pancho villa
10-07-2010, 07:52 AM
This game will be like a track being run in mud.

SHSBulldog00
10-07-2010, 07:56 AM
This game will be like a track being run in mud.

Did you water the dirt for them:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2010, 11:59 AM
GP games are telecast almost every night on cable.

Drives me crazy. I mean, really! :rolleyes:

SintonFan
10-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Drives me crazy. I mean, really! :rolleyes:

You know half that town probably watches each game replay over and over and over and over and over and over...
in fact, I'd bet the sit their babies in front of those replays over and over and over and over again...
:ack!:

MUSTANG69
10-07-2010, 01:57 PM
You know half that town probably watches each game replay over and over and over and over and over and over...
in fact, I'd bet the sit their babies in front of those replays over and over and over and over again...
:ack!:

Yes and the announcer and commentator are both about as exciting as drying mud.:D

pirate4state
10-07-2010, 04:35 PM
http://www.caller.com/news/2010/oct/07/rockport-fulton-to-open-3a-play-with-stiff-test/

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2010, 04:51 PM
http://www.caller.com/news/2010/oct/07/rockport-fulton-to-open-3a-play-with-stiff-test/

lol...good article.

They really won't need to interview anyone from Sinton now.:D

sinfan75
10-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Is coach K just coachin baseball now or was he not around for team photos. Didn't see his pic in the paper. I know!! 6 weeks in and I just now noticed.:D :p

sinton66
10-07-2010, 06:03 PM
I think he's still coaching DBs. Not 100% sure though.

pirate4state
10-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Is coach K just coachin baseball now or was he not around for team photos. Didn't see his pic in the paper. I know!! 6 weeks in and I just now noticed.:D :p LOL where have yall been? He hasn't coached football since 2006! He is still on the sidelines at every game though.

sinfan75
10-07-2010, 08:16 PM
LOL Well now I know.:D

FmrPirate14
10-07-2010, 08:54 PM
He didnt really even coach then he stopped like in '04..Coach Smith has been coaching the secondary

SintonFan
10-07-2010, 10:47 PM
I'll take the Sinton Pirates in a close game.
Sinton by 4 with both teams scoring less than 30.

pirate4state
10-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by FmrPirate14
He didnt really even coach then he stopped like in '04..Coach Smith has been coaching the secondary Coach K was a great football coach.

MUSTANG69
10-08-2010, 10:25 AM
I'll take the Sinton Pirates in a close game.
Sinton by 4 with both teams scoring less than 30.

Sinton by 14+
Sinton over 30 pts
R-F under 20 pts
It's a cakewalk as another poster keeps stating.:D

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Sinton by 14+
Sinton over 30 pts
R-F under 20 pts
It's a cakewalk as another poster keeps stating.:D

Surely you jest. You doubt my prognostication?:eek:

MUSTANG69
10-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Surely you jest. You doubt my prognostication?:eek:

I'm not jesting. I really think this game will be a little one-sided. Sinton has too many offensive weapons.

Don't tell P4S I'm saying good things about Sinton.:devil:

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm not jesting. I really think this game will be a little one-sided. Sinton has too many offensive weapons.

Don't tell P4S I'm saying good things about Sinton.:devil:

Yes, but I know you Ingleside posters. You want to set us up for a bigger fall.
See?
i am on to you... :tisk:

MUSTANG69
10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Yes, but I know you Ingleside posters. You want to set us up for a bigger fall.
See?
i am on to you... :tisk:

I'm really not trying to set you up. :rolleyes: If Sinton falls it will be to Mathis. Of course a major but unlikely upset by Ingleside wouldn't hurt my feelings.:D

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2010, 11:50 AM
GP games are telecast almost every night on cable. They run about a week behind and telecast each game for about a week.

Good Lord, yesterday evening I was flipping through channels and on one channel they had a regular GP season game and at the same time on another channel, they had a GP/CC Carrol ALUMNI game TELEVISED!

I have decided people in Portland have more money than sense AND they need their own cable company. I won't even mention how exciting it was watching their alumni run through the tunnel...it held my attention until they got to the sideline. I think quite a few of them have put on a few pounds since high school.:doh: :D

GP_Fan
10-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I am doing chains tonight for Sinton vs RF. I have seen sinton twice this year and they look good. I have not gotten to see Rockport. I think it is going to be a good game.

Battle of the pirates.

Good luck to both teams.

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by GP_Fan
I am doing chains tonight for Sinton vs RF. I have seen sinton twice this year and they look good. I have not gotten to see Rockport. I think it is going to be a good game.

Battle of the pirates.

Good luck to both teams.

I retract all my negative comments about Portland!
Portland is GOOD!
They can beat Brownwood!!!:clap: :clap: :nerd:

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm really not trying to set you up. :rolleyes:

I know you're not.
Just havin' some fun...
:D :D :D

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 07:42 PM
RF up 6-0 early in the game...
don't know about the PAT

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 07:45 PM
7-7 Sinton scores on KO return to tie it!

99IHSMustang
10-08-2010, 07:50 PM
7-7 Sinton scores on KO return to tie it!

This is going to be a barn burner.. :eek:

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang

I don't know about that. Both teams have better than average defenses.:nerd:

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang

Crap RF is up 14-7 with 3 1/2 mins left in the first...:(

RF is running it up the middle like Sinton likes to do.

Stop them Sinton!
:clap:

99IHSMustang
10-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Crap RF is up 14-7 with 3 1/2 mins left in the first...:(

RF is running it up the middle like Sinton likes to do.

Stop them Sinton!
:clap:

That was a quick score.

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 08:08 PM
14-14 Sinton/RF with 10:41 left in the half.

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 08:22 PM
20-14 Sinton...:clap:
fumbled the PAT though.

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 08:26 PM
2 passes later after a RF turnover...
Score is now 28-14 after the 2 point conversion
6:20 left in the 1st.
Go Pirates!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2010, 08:51 PM
RF hasnt officially fumbled but couple times Sinton force a fumble and pick up ruled down. Sinton intercepted the pass on the last play before half.

RF first two drives Sinton defense got run over. after that RF hasnt picked up a first down. Sinton passing game has taken over this game.

Sinton gets the ball first in 2nd half

Sinton 28 Rockport Fulton 14 half

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 09:01 PM
2 passes later after a RF turnover...
Score is now 28-14 after the 2 point conversion
6:20 left in the 1st.
Go Pirates!

Dang. It was 6:20 left in the half, not the 1st Q.

Thanks for the update SFiA!:cool:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Sinton cant be playing soft against these run teams, cost them two scores.

99IHSMustang
10-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Start of the 4th Qtr and score still

Sinton 28

RF 14

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Sinton drove inside RF 30 and on 4th and 4 Carson Cave intercepted inend zone. took 8 and half mins off the clock.

RF drove to Sinton 34 and on 4th and 1 pick up the 1st down as 3rd qtr ended.

RF at Sinton 24 and 3rd and 8 4th qtr

Intercepted by Ramsey

Sinton ball

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2010, 09:47 PM
47 yd run by K Garcia to RF 30

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Cave runs to RF 16 for 1st down

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Laws with a 30 yd FG

Sinton 31 RF 14 7:04 left

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2010, 10:00 PM
RF completed couple passes and at Sinton 20

Pass to about 1 yd line and picked off

Sinton ball at 1 yd line

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 10:07 PM
RF completed couple passes and at Sinton 20

Pass to about 1 yd line and picked off

Sinton ball at 1 yd line

Nice!

Update for Fairfield/Mexia:
The lights out just went out on the game!
Fairfield is up 34-19! After an Eagle 64 yard run.
Go Eagles!
Again, the game is paused because the lights have went out!!! Literally. :doh:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Sinton 31 Rockport Fulton 14 4th qtr

Sinton punted and first pass by RF intercepted

1:32 left in the game

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Sinton 31 Rockport Fulton 14 4th qtr

Sinton punted and first pass by RF intercepted

1:32 left in the game

:clap: :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Sinton 31 RF 14 Final

SintonFan
10-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Sinton 31 RF 14 Final

Way to prove me wrong Sinton Pirates!!!
:clap: :clap: :)

99IHSMustang
10-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Congrats on the win Pirates.

GP_Fan
10-08-2010, 11:31 PM
It was competitive in the first qtr with RF marching down the field and scoring first, but sinton took the following kickoff to the house to tie up. They both traded punts and then RF went down and scored again After that it was all Sinton. They owned the 2nd qtr.

What killed RF in this game was that they gave sinton a short field on two horrible punts. Sinton tied the game on the first and took the lead on the second. Then they kicked an onside and got it and went down and scored. The halftime score was 28-14 sinton. The second half there was only one score, a sinton FG. RF was moving the ball good, but then a penalty or a turnover deep in sinton territory would kill em.

I think RF will beat Ingleside to take the 3rd playoff spot and the Sinton/Mathis game will decide 1st and 2nd in that district.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Hey GP fan, anymore Sinton games on your schedule?

GP_Fan
10-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Hey GP fan, anymore Sinton games on your schedule?

I have the rest of the junior high game every Turesday until the season ends. They have not finished scheduling the rest of the chain crews for the varsity games yet. I will be working the GP/ Port Lavaca game next week. Should be a hell of a game.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by GP_Fan
I have the rest of the junior high game every Turesday until the season ends. They have not finished scheduling the rest of the chain crews for the varsity games yet. I will be working the GP/ Port Lavaca game next week. Should be a hell of a game. That game should be game of the week and GP should win and remain unbeaten.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Rockport Fulton at Sinton (CC Caller Times video) (http://www.caller.com/videos/detail/sinton-31-rockport-14/)

Phil C
10-09-2010, 11:19 AM
I saw Coach K at the game and he was coaching. I think they use him in the press box.

SintonPirateFan
10-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I saw Coach K at the game and he was coaching. I think they use him in the press box.

Coach K was on the sidelines. he caught a "throw away" pass.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
Coach K was on the sidelines. he caught a "throw away" pass. that was much easier than a line drive foul to 3rd :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Sinton Pirates vs Rockport Fulton (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY_XLmlaPBM)

didnt get to post much of the 2nd half as the first half took up alot of the giga bytes.

SintonPirateFan
10-09-2010, 11:58 AM
that was much easier than a line drive foul to 3rd :)

:thumbsup:

Sinton94
10-09-2010, 12:24 PM

didnt get to post much of the 2nd half as the first half took up alot of the giga bytes.

Good job!:clap:

SintonPirateFan
10-09-2010, 01:32 PM
has anyone mentioned the officiating yet in this game??? it was pitiful.....for BOTH teams.

the sideline ref on Sinton's side blew obvious calls against both teams (even a HUGE holding penalty which should have gone against Sinton RIGHT in front of said official.) then there was the 4th down measurement for Rockport where the official moved the ball backwards about 2 inches after the line judge spotted it, only to find out the chains weren't lined up on the 20 -30 yard lines--which they should have been because of a touchback.

it was so bad it was comical......(after we had the game in hand) :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2010, 01:57 PM
the only thing i was upset about was couple of fumbles Sinton forced but rule the rb was down :doh:

SintonFan
10-09-2010, 02:03 PM

Great Job as always!:clap:

Who is that big nose tackle for Sinton? He's BIG but get's after it.:eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2010, 08:27 PM
:(

was deleting a video that didnt load and accidentally click all the videos on that roll and it got deleted so lost all videos ive done so far :doh:

have them backed up but will take a while to upload again to you tube

FutureAD
10-10-2010, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

Coach K is strictly baseball and comes to the games to show his support but he does offer his intelligence when needed...but is not assigned to any specific position or press box