PDA

View Full Version : Celina run defense 'gains' yards

MoveInDad
10-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Over the last 2 games the defense has 'given up' a total -2 yards rushing... -28 vs Paris plus 26 vs Lake Worth. Minus the Hail Mary at the end of the game, Celina defense allowed Lake Worth 43 total yards offense.

But have had 47 points scored against them in those games? Granted 26 of those came late in the games when they're out of reach, and most of the starters are on the sideline, however long balls and points off turnovers will haunt this team in the playoffs.
Realize that's stating the obvious for any team, posted it because it was so pronounced in Celina's case... fwiw.

sandbagger
10-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Who cares. If you played somebody you would have alot more things to worry about.

Rocket
10-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Over the last 2 games the defense has 'given up' a total -2 yards rushing... -28 vs Paris plus 26 vs Lake Worth. Minus the Hail Mary at the end of the game, Celina defense allowed Lake Worth 43 total yards offense.

But have had 47 points scored against them in those games? Granted 26 of those came late in the games when they're out of reach, and most of the starters are on the sideline, however long balls and points off turnovers will haunt this team in the playoffs.
Realize that's stating the obvious for any team, posted it because it was so pronounced in Celina's case... fwiw.

Brownwood would eat Celina's lunch.

gatordaze
10-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

We don't eat lunch! Makes us meaner.

alaskacat
10-03-2010, 02:18 PM

Well if that be true, then after lunch Brownwood will retire from the playoffs with indigestion.

My prediction for
Brownwood...1 and done, if they get that far.

Remember Brownwood beats Brownwood:)

ctown
10-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Sheesh. Can't hardly post celina anywhere without some scoob from brownwood chiming in.

MoveInDad
10-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by sandbagger
Who cares. If you played somebody you would have alot more things to worry about.

You forgot to add LOL... with a name like Sandbagger, you must have been joking ;0)

Rocket
10-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Sheesh. Can't hardly post celina anywhere without some scoob from brownwood chiming in.

Just making sure Celina knows where they stand in the scheme of things ;)

orange machine
10-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Rocket don't start again leave alone for once.

ctown
10-03-2010, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
Just making sure Celina knows where they stand in the scheme of things ;) [

Yep. Right in front of brownwood. Come again.

sandbagger
10-03-2010, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
Just making sure Celina knows where they stand in the scheme of things ;) [

Yep. Right in front of brownwood. Come again. Bent over

FHS 74
10-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Bent over :eek:

d0tc0m
10-03-2010, 04:57 PM

State championships: Brownwood 7. Celina 8!

Just so you know where 'the wood' stands in the scheme of things. :D

bwdlionfan
10-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m

Yeah, cuz we don't count the one we lost in 78 like you count the one you lost in Class B

Rocket
10-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m

Lol Class B doesn't count. And a tie? You people should be ashamed of yourselves. 2A at that...

How's that for the scheme of things?

bobcat1
10-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Lol Class B doesn't count. And a tie? You people should be ashamed of yourselves. 2A at that...

How's that for the scheme of things? Let's see they were declared Champions, got a trophy, and a ring. It is in the record books so I'd say it counts. Just like the recruited teams y'all had back in the 40's or whenever y'all last had a championship. I would say act like you have been there but you weren't even born then so you haven't and therefore don't know how. :D

orange machine
10-03-2010, 06:08 PM
For the love of everything that's good let's not start this Brownwood Celina back and forth crap again.

Rocket
10-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Let's see they were declared Champions, got a trophy, and a ring. It is in the record books so I'd say it counts. Just like the recruited teams y'all had back in the 40's or whenever y'all last had a championship. I would say act like you have been there but you weren't even born then so you haven't and therefore don't know how. :D

LOL and that validates Celina? Oh the good ol' days...huh bobcat?

IrishTex
10-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Just like Tom Landry will be the best ever coach of the Cowboys, Gordon Wood has the same deserved respect in Brownwwod...sometimes, class has no age or time limits..

I read on here last year how you were all making fun of Brownwood, and now guess what? They are back....deal with it.

Brownwood has been there many times...this isn't a new trip for them.

Daddy D 11
10-03-2010, 06:30 PM
How original... Celina and Brownwood in a pissing match.

ctown
10-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
How original... Celina and Brownwood in a pissing match.

Well. It's the weekend and I am sure folks have done some drinking so there is plenty to go round.

Daddy D 11
10-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Well. It's the weekend and I am sure folks have done some drinking so there is plenty to go round.

Because that justifies everything.

ctown
10-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Bent over

Maybe you ought to change up your name to scumbagger with that sick comment. :eek:

ctown
10-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Because that justifies everything.

Maybe explains more than it justifies...

bigwood33
10-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Let's see they were declared Champions, got a trophy, and a ring.
I doubt seriously that there was a ring involved in the early '70's. Back in the day, you just put a patch on your letter jacket that said State Champion....that was enough.

Bruce
10-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Price of those rings these days , a person will need to floot a loan.Years back thats all that had ,like you said. Thanks!

bobcat1
10-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I doubt seriously that there was a ring involved in the early '70's. Back in the day, you just put a patch on your letter jacket that said State Champion....that was enough. Never got close enough to know back in the day. Sure would have been nice to have a patch though.;)

bigwood33
10-03-2010, 07:59 PM
In 1980 Valley View won our district and went on to win state. The guys I knew from there put the patch in the middle of their back and around it put their District Champions, Area Champions, etc and also their All- District and All- State patches. It was "Hub and Spoke" look with the State Champions patch in the middle as the hub. It looked awesome!

Bruce
10-03-2010, 08:05 PM
bw, remember VV winning that year, they were good, a real good group of young men. Thanks!

Bruce
10-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Also during that same time frame, Era was loaded also with a good team in those years. Big battle between those two teams. Thanks!

garciap77
10-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Celina would eat Brownwood's Underwoods lunch! :D :D :D

bigwood33
10-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Bruce
Also during that same time frame, Era was loaded also with a good team in those years. Big battle between those two teams. Thanks!
I have completely hijacked this thread and am sorry but I will continue this thought. Coach Kassen's last year at Era was '77- '78. He had a very good team led by Jackie Bewley (not sure of the spelling) and Ronnie Miller but he knew that the well was pretty well dry after that and went to Valley View. In '78, '79 he guided them to the Quarter Finals and the Semi- Finals before winning it all in '80.

Bruce
10-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Your right on all that, I remembered that after you stated it in your post. Your brain still can remember. I think my brains hard drive is going out. Thanks!

BILLYFRED0000
10-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Celina would eat Brownwood's Underwoods lunch! :D :D :D

Darn straight. BAck in my day we went there for lots of regional stuff. My tennis and golf and other stuff usually used some bwood facililty or other and we always packed it in at Underwoods.......

Pick6
10-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I have completely hijacked this thread and am sorry but I will continue this thought. Coach Kassen's last year at Era was '77- '78. He had a very good team led by Jackie Bewley (not sure of the spelling) and Ronnie Miller but he knew that the well was pretty well dry after that and went to Valley View. In '78, '79 he guided them to the Quarter Finals and the Semi- Finals before winning it all in '80.

Thanks for clarifying all that, my brother graduated from Era in 81 and his last couple years they weren't very good in football.

bobcat1
10-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Thanks for clarifying all that, my brother graduated from Era in 81 and his last couple years they weren't very good in football. I thought you were a Tiger.:thinking: Nope I'm sure of it. That explains the disdain for anything Celina.

Pick6
10-04-2010, 01:39 PM
And all this time I thought you were a Tiger.:thinking:

Don't think, I've never been to any Gunter activity.

bobcat1
10-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Don't think, I've never been to any Gunter activity. Really??? Never lived there?

defense51
10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Would have to go with Brownwood on this one, until someone shows up and gives them a game they stay #1.

orange machine
10-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Really??? Never lived there?

Oh he lived there alright dont let him fool you.

bobcat4life
10-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Don't think, I've never been to any Gunter activity. I thought you were from Farmersville?

pirate4state
10-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Rocket don't start again leave alone for once.

:spitlol:

JohnnieLightnin
10-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad

Seems like Celina had a couple of freebies handed to 'em by Lake Worth also.

bobcat1
10-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by JohnnieLightnin
Seems like Celina had a couple of freebies handed to 'em by Lake Worth also. Explain please.

BEAST
10-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Bobcat1 let me explain it the way it was told Tom me earlier this week. I was told, great teams (Brownwood and Celina) are not aloud to boast of the great things they have done. Instead, we can only accept high regards from posters who support other teams. God forbid you brag on your boys.

BEAST

Bull Moose
10-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Does anyone remember a kid that played QB for Brownwood back in the 50's and then went on to play at OU. His name was Brownwood Scott, they called him BW and his parents supposedly named him for the town?

MoveInDad
10-05-2010, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnnieLightnin
Seems like Celina had a couple of freebies handed to 'em by Lake Worth also. [/QUOTE
I just remember the forced fumble Celina recovered and ran in from around 15 yds... that's what good teams do.
But if Celina is considered a good team (#2 fwiw) and expect to go deep, then they cant afford to throw a pic 6 from their own 15, fumble a punt return on their own 20 leading to a FG with 1 min left, and then fumble the onside and allow a 52 yd td pass with time running out - which account for ALL of Lake Worth's points.