PDA

View Full Version : Did I read this score correctly?

Maroon87
10-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Iowa St. 52
Texas Tech 38

:eek:

Caldwell_Raider
10-03-2010, 10:28 AM
yes, yes sadly you did. ISU scored 24 unanswered points to start the game......

Talk about embarrassing and tough to watch...... :(

eagleqb_14
10-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Iowa St. 52
Texas Tech 38

:eek: i dont no did you?

Maroon87
10-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
i dont no did you?

I don't NO...did I??:doh:

RoyceTTU
10-03-2010, 06:05 PM
You read it correctly. I'm sure glads the Lions are rocking because my Raiders HOOVER.

Maroon87
10-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
You read it correctly. I'm sure glads the Lions are rocking because my Raiders HOOVER.

Not trying to talk any smack...I came in late last night after being out all day and saw that score on the ESPN ticker. It was a definite eye opener.

rojosgirl
10-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Texas Longhorns HOOVER too!

:D

RoyceTTU
10-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I have the utmost respect for Tuberville and I'm excited to have him. My heart was hoping he could come in and pick up where Leach left off and build on it. I should know better. It takes time to get things right.

I'm still excited about the future but this year is going to be tough. Right now I'm just praying for a sissy bowl like the "Gallery Furniture Bowl"

JJWalker
10-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I have the utmost respect for Tuberville and I'm excited to have him. My heart was hoping he could come in and pick up where Leach left off and build on it. I should know better. It takes time to get things right.

I'm still excited about the future but this year is going to be tough. Right now I'm just praying for a sissy bowl like the "Gallery Furniture Bowl"
That is what I call optimism.

I am just hoping for the TT to pull out one (1) Big XII victory.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
That is what I call optimism.

I am just hoping for the TT to pull out one (1) Big XII victory.

just 1?

BwdLions
10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Texas Longhorns HOOVER too!

:D

Yes, but at least the Horns beat Tech. :D It won't be long before the sooners are exposed. Texas did everything they could to get blown out Sat. and still only lost by 8. Let's face it, the Big XII is terrible this year.

shamu85
10-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
yes, yes sadly you did. ISU scored 24 unanswered points to start the game......

Talk about embarrassing and tough to watch...... :(

Not to pick on you Raider, but unanswered implies there were no more points scored by Tech. I hear people saying this often lately, including lots of sportscasters. Straight points, yes, but unanswered, no. If Tech scored after ISU scored 24, then they did answer the 24 points with scores.

Kind of the same thing as when people say "I could care less", when they really mean "I couldn't care less".

Caldwell_Raider
10-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Not to pick on you Raider, but unanswered implies there were no more points scored by Tech. I hear people saying this often lately, including lots of sportscasters. Straight points, yes, but unanswered, no. If Tech scored after ISU scored 24, then they did answer the 24 points with scores.

Kind of the same thing as when people say "I could care less", when they really mean "I couldn't care less".

oooookkkkk, you know this is a message board right? I get enough of this heckling in class so please leave it there and let me post for fun on here. :)

shamu85
10-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
oooookkkkk, you know this is a message board right? I get enough of this heckling in class so please leave it there and let me post for fun on here. :)

Deal. You were just my opening to broach this subject.

Carry on. :D

Caldwell_Raider
10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Deal. You were just my opening to broach this subject.

Carry on. :D

Haha ok... I'm just glad my first post made any sense at all because I was super hungover that morning when I typed it. lol

JJWalker
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
just 1?
Well ... when you look at the Red Raiders schedule ... which BIG XII game might you put in the win column?

I can't find any in which I would favor the beloved Red Raiders.

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Well ... when you look at the Red Raiders schedule ... which BIG XII game might you put in the win column?

I can't find any in which I would favor the beloved Red Raiders.
:doh: :doh: Dude...you know if TTU ran more that would mean wins, right? :rolleyes: Keep up here! It's funny (not really) that under Leach, Tech had a higher YPC% than now. :(

I'm not sure Tuberville has recognized that if you want to RUN more, you need LINEMEN that know how to BLOCK for the run instead of just being a tree trunk standing there. :doh:

My optimism for any bright points for this season is rapidly declining.

navscanmaster
10-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Kind of wierd watching UT and TTU trying to work the run in like they are and change the flow of the offense. Sad thing is that it is not the sudden interest in the run killing them. Turnovers and defensive breakdowns will turn into L's on the schedule quick.