PDA

View Full Version : District starts who you got?

orange machine
10-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Van Alstyne @ Celina
Van Alstyne seems to have improved a great deal since the early season loss to Melissa rattling off 5 straight wins. I have heard that the starting qb who just moved to VA this year failed and will not be playing. This should be Celina's biggest test in district, I think Celina is way to much and takes this game.
Celina 45 VA 14

mwrams
10-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Mineral Wells opens district 7 3A with Castleberry. Should be at least a 35 point favorite leading up to the district contest at Bridgeport the following week.

Charlie47
10-03-2010, 11:30 AM
District 11:
Prosper Eagles @ Lovejoy Leopards
7:30 Friday
Leopards Stadium, Lucas, TX
:)

sinton66
10-03-2010, 12:05 PM
District 30

Rockport-Fulton @ Sinton
Aransas Pass @ Mathis
Goliad @ Ingleside

orange machine
10-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
District 11:
Prosper Eagles @ Lovejoy Leopards
7:30 Friday
Leopards Stadium, Lucas, TX
:)
Gotta go with Lovejoy I'll say

LL 31
Prosper 24

IrishTex
10-03-2010, 01:00 PM
https://www.acisd.org/campus/rfhs/images/HSlogomain2.jpg

Strange...the Rockport web site talks about the tennis and basketball program, but no mention of football

https://www.acisd.org/campus/rfhs/default.cfm?page=athletics

Trashman
10-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Brownwood has Big Spring at Gordon Wood Stadium. It won't be close.:D

IrishTex
10-03-2010, 01:05 PM
I was able to dig up some additional information on the "other" Pirates...Looks like they were in the playoffs last year, and were in 4A and dropped down to 3A this year...this actually might be a test for Sinton..

ROCKPORT - After reaching the playoffs for the first time since 2003, the Rockport Pirates are confident than can go even further this season.

"We wanna get out of the first round, and keep improving every year, second or third round who knows," said Fullback Tyler Hull.

The big twist this season though will be Rockport's drop into the 3A ranks, something they have been wishing would happen for years now. But just because they are in a smaller classification, it does not mean life is getting any easier, as the Pirates have been placed in the ultra-competitive District 30-3A, which includes Mathis, Sinton and Ingleside.

"We're preparing ourselves playing a tough 4A non-district and it's not gonna be different, but we are still 4A mentality," said Hull.

"Dropping down to 3A is no different, I don't see it as a real change, and we still gotta work hard and keep going. There are still good opponents in Mathis and Ingleside, but we just gotta come out and do our thing," said Linebacker Phong Tran.

Quarterback will be the big question mark for Pirates who graduated three-year starter and emotional leader Dalton Conway. Stratton Williams is slated to take over under center, and though he has enormous shoes to fill, his teammates are quite confident in his ability.

"Conway, we are gonna miss him, but we still have a good quarterback and everything," said Lineman Miguel Estrada.

"I have full confidence in Stratton he is as good a leader as Dalton, probably even better, and he is gonna be a big name to reckon with the next couple of years," said Hull.

The Pirates will kickoff their season at home against Orange Grove on the 27th without returner Hunter Jasek who will be sidelined until district at the earliest.

Source (http://www.kristv.com/news/h-s-football-season-preview-rockport-fulton-pirates/)

Charlie47
10-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Gotta go with Lovejoy I'll say

LL 31
Prosper 24

Thanks Orange Machine!
This will be a good game. We beat Prosper last year
in the playoffs. They will be looking for a little vengeance.
;)

orange machine
10-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Thanks Orange Machine!
This will be a good game. We beat Prosper last year
in the playoffs. They will be looking for a little vengeance.
;)
Lovejoy seems to have turned it around while Prosper wants to put there coach on the chopping block.

Paratrooper
10-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Hardin Jefferson at Bridge City

Bridge City by 30

orange machine
10-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Pilot Point vs Sanger should be a great game two teams that like to air it out I think Sanger wins in a high scoring close game.

DalhartAlumni
10-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Dalhart has Clayton(NM) which will be a blowout...then they get Perryton, should win easily, then they face Borger which will be for district title, and Borger is much better than there record, and then Pampa, which should be a blowout, i think Dalhart goes 10-0 pretty easy, Dalharts first test should be 2nd rnd

'Necks 2013-14
10-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Columbia welcomes Needville to Griggs field. Looking forward to it.

bigwood33
10-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Whitesboro goes to Gainesville

M-town lobo fan
10-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by DalhartAlumni
Dalhart has Clayton(NM) which will be a blowout...then they get Perryton, should win easily, then they face Borger which will be for district title, and Borger is much better than there record, and then Pampa, which should be a blowout, i think Dalhart goes 10-0 pretty easy, Dalharts first test should be 2nd rnd
Borger Bulldogs would like to have a record better than 2-4 going into district play however the Bulldogs non-district opponents have now combined for a 26-6 record, so far this season, showing the Bulldogs have squared off with some quality teams. The good news is those tough games should have the Bulldogs prepped to make a run in district play which gets underway

firstdown
10-04-2010, 08:22 AM
GA Moore and the Aubrey Chaparrals will be coming to Argyle.

BullBoy
10-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Bridgeport travels to Decatur to give them a good BEATING.:D

PPSTATEBOUND
10-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Pilot Point vs Sanger should be a great game two teams that like to air it out I think Sanger wins in a high scoring close game.

S.O.S. displays its importance this Friday along with a great duel threat Qb...

PP wins at Sanger.:)

waterboy
10-04-2010, 08:56 AM
The "District of Doom", 16-3A, starts up this week with these matchups:

Pittsburg @ Carthage
Gladewater @ Gilmer
Spring Hill @ Henderson

Send_the_House
10-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by waterboy

Pittsburg @ Carthage
Gladewater @ Gilmer
Spring Hill @ Henderson

An all-star team made up of players from all 6 of those teams could NOT beat Brownwood. Therefore, by default, that district is not as good as Brownwoods.

waterboy
10-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
An all-star team made up of players from all 6 of those teams could NOT beat Brownwood. Therefore, by default, that district is not as good as Brownwoods.
Haha......that's funny!:clap: We all know that only Brownwood beats Brownwood. Why not give them the trophy this week? I heard that Shipley and Jerry Jones got together in Cowboys Stadium after the game Thursday. They discussed the Lions playing the Cowboys in the Cowboys open week, but Jerry Jones didn't want to get embarrassed by being blown out by a high school team.:p :doh:

NastySlot
10-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Bandera @ Wimb
Boerne @ Fred
Navarro @ Canyon Lake

SHSBulldog00
10-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Sweeny hosts Wharton

bwdlionfan
10-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House

Another perfect example of bringing us up.

bigwood33
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
Bridgeport travels to Decatur to give them a good BEATING.:D
Sorry bub but I doubt it. Gotta go with Sanger in this one.

orange machine
10-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
GA Moore and the Aubrey Chaparrals will be coming to Argyle.

Dont think yall will have any problems with the Chaps.