PDA

View Full Version : Rogers slot-T

Old Tiger
10-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Went and watched them play thorndale last friday and by god it was good watching the slot t ran to perfection! They looked good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Maroon87
10-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Went and watched them play thorndale last friday and by god it was good watching the slot t ran to perfection! They looked good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Jeff Walker, baby...former CalCat.:cool:

Tx Challenge
10-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Jeff Walker was a big part of LH's success. He we the OC on both of the title years. Great coach, awesome person...Always wish him the best...

Maroon87
10-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Jeff Walker was a big part of LH's success. He we the OC on both of the title years. Great coach, awesome person...Always wish him the best...

I grew up with him and we played together from pee wee's through varsity. He was one hell of a running back.

Yoe_09
10-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger

Well, from what I heard Rogers is not the greatest. Lexington appears to be the clear favorite in that district. "We are the worst undefeated team in HS football" - Rogers Resident. Now if they can beat Lexington I will hop on the bandwagon but until then not so much.

Rabid Cougar
10-03-2010, 10:16 AM
How is it that Rogers and Cameron are not in the same District?

Caldwell_Raider
10-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Who does Cameron play this week?

BaseballUmp
10-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Rogers is in the smaller Division 2 and Cameron plays McGregor I believe

CenTexSports
10-03-2010, 10:35 AM
nm

Yoe_09
10-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
How is it that Rogers and Cameron are not in the same District?

As ump said its because they are smaller and in DII....but we have tried countless times to schedule them but for some reason they dont want to....and we all know why. They could not avoid us in baseball this year so they better get ready.

Daddy D 11
10-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Walker is the man, doesn't surprise me at all that Rogers runs the Slot T to perfection. When he left, discipline and intelligence went down the drain.

Maroon87
10-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Walker is the man, doesn't surprise me at all that Rogers runs the Slot T to perfection. When he left, discipline and intelligence went down the drain.

I remember once when we played (mid-80's) we were practicing and Walker sustained a huge cut on his chin. We wore all white in practice, and Walker had blood all over him, but he refused to go to the trainers and get it bandaged. After a few more plays the rest of us basically had to tell the coaches to have him stitched up before he bled to death right there on the field. He's one tough dude.

Tx Challenge
10-03-2010, 05:01 PM

Ding Ding Ding, We have a winner....

LHdog
10-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Liberty Hill has not been the same since Jeff left town. His play calling was uncanny. Some how he could always find the weakness in the defense and exploit it.

Daddy D 11
10-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
Liberty Hill has not been the same since Jeff left town. His play calling was uncanny. Some how he could always find the weakness in the defense and exploit it.

He also was a great evaluator of talent, he knew when to pluck a kid from some other position and where to put him so that the offense clicked beautifully.

Daddy D 11
10-03-2010, 06:36 PM
He also was a great evaluator of talent, he knew when to pluck a kid from some other position and where to put him so that the offense clicked beautifully.

But, that comes from being involved with the Slot T for a very long time. LH no longer has anyone on the offensive staff that is actually "a Slot-T guy". To call plays for the Slot-T, and to truly be successful at it you have got to be "a Slot-T guy"... someone that has lived and breathed it for a long amount of time. Not someone that has just fallen into the duties and has no previous experience running the offense.

Tx Challenge
10-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Jeff is a great coach. He is hard azz for sure Still I have been around many coaches myself and with my kids. Walker somehow gets more out of a kid than most. Dude is good. Both my kids say he is their favorite coach. No doubt LH took a step back when he left.

runtowin
10-04-2010, 09:24 AM
There were people criticizing Walker when he was here. Maybe it is easy to second guess from the stands/coffee shops.

runtowin
10-04-2010, 10:06 AM

Are you saying that Walker ran the program? I believe that Coach Vance has final say.

NastySlot
10-04-2010, 10:23 AM
But, that comes from being involved with the Slot T for a very long time. LH no longer has anyone on the offensive staff that is actually "a Slot-T guy". To call plays for the Slot-T, and to truly be successful at it you have got to be "a Slot-T guy"... someone that has lived and breathed it for a long amount of time. Not someone that has just fallen into the duties and has no previous experience running the offense.

i thought coach vance was a slot t-guy....came from san marcos right...and i thought he was part of that staff that has connections to Alice and their old coach from along time ago.....can't think of that coaches name right now.

Super_R
10-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Bruce Bush

NastySlot
10-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
Bruce Bush

before bush at alice...most of the slot-t guys were all on staff at alice............i have a coaching buddy who's father was on that staff...i'll ask him.

Ernest T Bass
10-04-2010, 10:59 AM
I think Bush and Vance worked together at Gregory-Portland. Maybe San Marcos too.

LH_Tuff
10-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by runtowin
Are you saying that Walker ran the program? I believe that Coach Vance has final say.

Walker ran the offense. He also ran the off-season program. That off-season program was very tough and I think it is the biggest difference since he left. If there was any criticism of Walker it was from kids who could not handle the off-season program.

Old Tiger
10-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know if Rogers is young this year and what they will return next year?

runtowin
10-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
[B]Walker ran the offense. He also ran the off-season program. That off-season program was very tough and I think it is the biggest difference since he left. If there was any criticism of Walker it was from kids who could not handle the off-season program. [ W/B]

What are they doing different?

LH_Tuff
10-04-2010, 03:30 PM
What are they doing different?

I just don't think the intensity of the program is the same. Don't get me wrong. It is still a good program, but I would say that Walker was more demanding. I also believe Walker had a very good knack for putting kids in the right position.

Daddy D 11
10-04-2010, 04:20 PM

We are talking about the Slot-T (the offense). Not the defense (vance's side of the ball).

tog
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM
it was good stuff to watch when he was at liberty hill
i bet rogers does well with it as well

good luck jeff

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2010, 05:31 PM
We are talking about the Slot-T (the offense). Not the defense (vance's side of the ball).
:smoker: :smoker: Who do you think brought the Slot-T?