PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't Seem Like A Big Deal Now

JJWalker
10-02-2010, 09:32 PM
How bad do the Red Raiders have to get before the entire Red Raider team is locked in the equipment shed?

And ... throw the coaching staff in there with 'em!

DDBooger
10-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech 38
Iowa St. 52

wow, Iowa State!!

JJWalker
10-02-2010, 09:45 PM
The Tech Administration and Regents should write a book entitled, "How to Ruin a Good Football Program in One Step".

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
The Tech Administration and Regents should write a book entitled, "How to Ruin a Good Fooball Program in One Step".
:iagree: :iagree:

TheDOCTORdre
10-02-2010, 10:02 PM
The Tech Administration and Regents should write a book entitled, "How to Ruin a Good Football Program in One Step".

it should be called "Mutiny:How to Ruin a Good Football Program in One Step".

gotta have a pirate reference for Leach

Eagle 1
10-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Yep.

Tx Challenge
10-02-2010, 10:18 PM
I am not going to get into the entire Leach fiasco. Love him, hate him it doesnt matter now, he is not the coach..The fact is he left this program in a mess.

Tubberville will turn things around and make TT a contender. It is not going to happen overnight. He is a hell of a coach, and will put one of the best defenses in the conference. Give the guy a chance.

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
I am not going to get into the entire Leach fiasco. Love him, hate him it doesnt matter now, he is not the coach..The fact is he left this program in a mess.

Tubberville will turn things around and make TT a contender. It is not going to happen overnight. He is a hell of a coach, and will put one of the best defenses in the conference. Give the guy a chance.
Maybe so but in the meantime, the O is in the toilet.

Tx Challenge
10-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe so but in the meantime, the O is in the toilet.

Well the D is giving up too much as well right now. Tubbs will turn that part around. It might take this year and next, but it WILL happen. Not trying to ruffle feathers, but TT is lucky to have him...Just wait and see.

JJWalker
10-02-2010, 11:09 PM
It is not like Tuberville took over a floundering program.

Certainly ... I did not expect perfection as it is expected to need to adapt the program.

However ... I now realize that if you get trounced by Iowa State, you probably can't look forward to any further wins this season.

OK ... maybe Weber State? Maybe.

Tx Challenge
10-02-2010, 11:20 PM
I disagree. It was a floundering program. Any time a coach gets fired/suspended whatever you call it, isnt allowed to coach a bowl game, it will tear a program apart.

Keep in mind, I am not bashing Leach. Like him or not TT had a high powered Offense under him. That is fact. Problem was they had 0 defense. Tubbs is going to correct that, but he has to get his system in place. He didnt inherit much to work with there.

big daddy russ
10-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Tubbs has officially failed after four games? After losing to a resurrected Iowa State squad with a head coach that knows all there is to know about Tubbs? (Rhoadie was Tubb's DC at Auburn)

I'm glad my boss had more patience with me than that. Now I'm his stud horse.

JJWalker
10-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Now Tech has zero of both offense and defense.

I look forward to the next few seasons ... I hope you are right.

But it escapes me ... how making a team the worst in the conference is a good plan.

Ah ... yes, I believe Tech is now the worst team in the Big XII.

Tx Challenge
10-03-2010, 12:01 AM

But it escapes me ... how making a team the worst in the conference is a good plan.

I dont agree that they are the worst in the conference either. Just saying that I dont see what more Tubbs can do at this point. He has to be given an opportunity. If he gets no support, he doesnt have a chance.

big daddy russ
10-03-2010, 12:30 AM

Let's review Nick Saban's tenure in Tuscaloosa.
2007: 7-6 with a terrible loss to Louisiana-Monroe.
2008: 12-2, loses Sugar Bowl with that amazing recruiting class he brought in.
2009: 14-0, National Champs.
2010: 5-0 with wins over three top-20's and two top-tens.

And "worst" is a strong word in the Big XII this year. I don't know of too many teams in the Patriot League worse than Kansas and Colorado.

On another note, anyone else think that Mizzou could be the worst BCS team to ever start 4-0? Any takers?

Tx Challenge
10-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Considering all things. Tech was lucky to get a coach like Tommy. I understand the frustration as a fan this year. My question is do you really think they would be in better shape this year with Mike? IDK honestly, but I know Tubbs is looking to build a program. He has done a hell of a job at that. Think of the last couple of DC that he had at Auburn Did you realize Rhodie came from a Tubberville program?What about Muschcamp? Mush was with Saban at LSU and the NFL Dolphins but ended up with Tubbs.UT hired him from Auburn..

I want Tech to do good. I am very excited about Tubbs. I have a kid at Tech. I doubt I get to see a live game this year, But bet I do next year.