PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City looking good

Paratrooper
10-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Hey haven't been on in a while and ONCE again overseas doing my thing. However, man, old Bridge City seems to be doing well again. It really looks like it is going to be a horse race with BC, WOS, and OF this year. Well, glad to be back.

BaseballUmp
10-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Glad to have you here again!

griff
10-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Hey haven't been on in a while and ONCE again overseas doing my thing. However, man, old Bridge City seems to be doing well again. It really looks like it is going to be a horse race with BC, WOS, and OF this year. Well, glad to be back.

OF has improved, but I'd still give Silsbee the nod over OF. It should be WO-S, BC, and Silsbee in the playoffs.

Paratrooper
10-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by griff
OF has improved, but I'd still give Silsbee the nod over OF. It should be WO-S, BC, and Silsbee in the playoffs.

I know it would be great if Silsbee can make it in there. It would put the Cardinals in the smaller bracket. I thought OF was like 4-1 or something? Have they played a weak schedule?

griff
10-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I know it would be great if Silsbee can make it in there. It would put the Cardinals in the smaller bracket. I thought OF was like 4-1 or something? Have they played a weak schedule?

Yes, their schedule has been weak. However, they beat Jasper last night. It sounds huge on paper, but Jasper is young and definitely down this year. Still, for OF that's a big mental and emotional lift to beat a team with their tradition.

Old Cardinal
10-02-2010, 01:06 PM
This is kind of interesting. I heard Orangefield just pounded Jasper. That puts them in the mix, a little, IMO.

On the present discussion- of BC and WO-S.....since BC has a 4-1 record with four good JUNIOR offensive backs-- BC may well beat WO-S next season.

It would take a good low turnover game however for BC to beat them this season.

I will be at the Kirbyville vs WO-S game tonight; this should tell a lot about the future of WO-S football; as they have now dropped and become a mid-size enrollment 3A High School.

It's always good to see two TOP TEN teams meet in the preseason.

SHSTIGER
10-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Silsbee will roll O'field.