PDA

View Full Version : The Shrinking of Athletes

Gobbla2001
12-12-2001, 10:31 AM
I will say that in the last 2 years the size of the athletes in all classes has shrinked rapidly... I've even noticed this in 5A and 4A... I think it's the the result of 'goody goody' parents, you know, the ones that formed around the 1980's... Things turned from 'feed that kid some beans and steak and send him outside to play tackle baseball with his older brothers and he'll be a'ight' to 'Make sure he gets his vitamins before he goes to school, and don't you let him play that 'touch' football or whatever it's called'... Kids don't eat like they used to, there are no cornfed boys, it's changed to all of this formula and weird 'diet' crap that the parents go on and they give it to their children, I'm raising my kid a different way (let's hope I don't have one of these any time soon)...

[This message has been edited by Gobbla2001 (edited December 12, 2001).]

therealbulldogs
12-12-2001, 03:40 PM
That's all Bandera is. Just a big bunch of cornfed guys. Ask the guys from Marion, that's what they were saying a few weeks ago on here.

Jacket2000
12-12-2001, 03:43 PM
Check some the West Texas teams. I promise you there are some cornfed boys out there.