View Full Version : Battle of the Big Sandy Bridgport vs Decatur

Pages : [1] 2

MamaBull
10-02-2010, 11:37 AM
LET IT BEGIN!!!

BullBoy
10-02-2010, 11:43 AM
the score stays close for a QTR...

AND THEN BRIDGEPORT PULLS AWAY FOR A 63-14 WIN!!!!

GO BULLS!!!

MamaBull
10-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by BullBoy
the score stays close for a QTR...

AND THEN BRIDGEPORT PULLS AWAY FOR A 63-14 WIN!!!!

GO BULLS!!! i like it, i like it, i like it, i like it!

BullBoy
10-02-2010, 11:47 AM
YES AND THE 14 POINTS THAT DECATUR SCORES COME AGAINS OUR BACK UPS!!!!

BRIDGEPORT WILL ROLL DECATUR NO DOUBT!!!

HECK THEY BARELY BEAT BURK!!!

BullBoy
10-02-2010, 11:48 AM
"AGAINST" not "AGAINS"

sorry, had to correct myself.

Bruce
10-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Bulls take this one,should be a good game.Thanks!

BullsFan
10-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I believe the Bulls will win, but I'm not sure it'll be a rout. Last year should have been, but look what happened. I don't think we'll win by more than 10 pts

.....but I would love to be proven wrong. :D :D :D :D

Bullaholic
10-02-2010, 01:27 PM
NateDog, you coward---come out of hiding---you know your Dirty Birds have got it coming this week....:D

mwrams
10-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Guess we will root for Decatur in this one?

LE Dad
10-02-2010, 02:30 PM
I battled with Big Sandy once....

It ended in divorce...:(

5wide
10-02-2010, 07:17 PM
I will say this..the bulls havn't seen a rushing attack like decatur yet! But we havn't seen a team of your caliber yet either...I see henson having a big night passing and running. Will be a high scoring game ...not sure what my prediction is yet, that will come later in the week!

Bullaholic
10-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
I will say this..the bulls havn't seen a rushing attack like decatur yet! But we havn't seen a team of your caliber yet either...I see henson having a big night passing and running. Will be a high scoring game ...not sure what my prediction is yet, that will come later in the week!

You guys got any better runners than #14 of Prosper?

MamaBull
10-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I will say this..the bulls havn't seen a rushing attack like decatur yet! But we havn't seen a team of your caliber yet either...I see henson having a big night passing and running. Will be a high scoring game ...not sure what my prediction is yet, that will come later in the week! because you play some weak teams and get some long runs you think you have an amazing backfield. wrong. if you cant hold burk under 30 then your defense has some major problems and bridgeport is going to do whatever they want on yall.

if you think coming into this game you stand a chance being one dimensional you're in for a long night.

MamaBull
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You guys got any better runners than #14 of Prosper? against burk, whitesboro, ranchview, and hirschi they have some all americans. not knocking on any of those programs but they dont hold a candle to bridgeports defensive. they think they can run over everyone, but they havent played anyone.

Bullaholic
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by MamaBull
because you play some weak teams and get some long runs you think you have an amazing backfield. wrong. if you cant hold burk under 30 then your defense has some major problems and bridgeport is going to do whatever they want on yall.

if you think coming into this game you stand a chance being one dimensional you're in for a long night.

Pretty dang good football savvy....

BullsFan is a CHICK???:D

MamaBull
10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Pretty dang good football savvy....

BullsFan is a CHICK???:D shhh

bigwood33
10-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Will the QB play this week and be at 100% or is that what you are waiting on? :D

5wide
10-02-2010, 08:39 PM
yes thats what im waitingon. The Hodges kid from Decatur is the best athlete the bulls will have seen yet. Im sorry but when hodges rushed for over 200 yds more than once this year and the backup has done the same...thats pretty impressive no matter who you play!

MamaBull
10-02-2010, 09:35 PM
wow ok you obviously dont understand whats going on. DECATUR PLAYS A WEAK SCHEDULE. any running back could have had a couple of good games against the teams you play! just because he rushed for 200 yards against hirschi doesnt mean he's the best thing since sliced bread. but congratulations on beating and rushing for more than 200 yards against less fortunate teams.

now back to your all american running back.
hardly the best athlete we've seen. im sure he is good, but when bridgeport has played against kids like jose romero, juan williams, and dylan fulford, im sure we can handle your back.

again, decatur posters are so happy they finally have a running game, but when you cant pass its not going to be hard to stop your offense. think people, think.

bigwood33
10-02-2010, 09:53 PM
The Hodges kid is better than Romero and Williams (we were in the same district until this year) but I don't know the Fulford kid...never seen him play. Hodges is really good and has a canon of an arm. I am not picking a winner here just speaking up for the best player that we have seen this year.

MamaBull
10-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
The Hodges kid is better than Romero and Williams (we were in the same district until this year) but I don't know the Fulford kid...never seen him play. Hodges is really good and has a canon of an arm. I am not picking a winner here just speaking up for the best player that we have seen this year. im trying to draw out these decatur posters. go with it man.

but in all seriousness decatur is going to lose bad. they have no anwser for bridgeports trent schuett and gabe huerta.

5wide
10-02-2010, 10:32 PM
haha whats a woman kno about football anyway??? lol

OldBison75
10-02-2010, 10:38 PM
She knows her team and how to get under the skin of Decatur. Kinda like most women, she will support her team because she knows she is right, and even if she is wrong, she will state her opinion loudly and proudly.

By the way, I do agree with her.

NateDawg39
10-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I am going to throw a 2 day old banana peel on your car ken....and then put my gum on your driver side door handle so that your hand gets sticky gum on it.

I will however, write an apology note and place it on your window so that you do not get upset with me.

NateDawg39
10-02-2010, 10:42 PM
im trying to draw out these decatur posters. go with it man.

but in all seriousness decatur is going to lose bad. they have no anwser for bridgeports trent schuett and gabe huerta. I don't even know any players Decatur has besides that QB Hodges....don't even know his first name. I will call him Rusty Hodges

BullsFan
10-02-2010, 11:18 PM
haha whats a woman kno about football anyway??? lol

Dude. DUUUUUDE!! Pretty brave over there on your side of Big Sandy, ain't ya?? I'm perfectly content to go with MamaBull's analysis of the game, mainly because she, while a little more inflammatory than I would be, is DEAD spot on. She clearly knows football in general, this team in particular, and exactly what's going to happen Friday night!! :)

Originally posted by NateDawg39
I don't even know any players Decatur has besides that QB Hodges....don't even know his first name. I will call him Rusty Hodges

I have to laugh at this. I'm picturing that old Bugs Bunny cartoon with the Abominable Snowman, only now the Snowman is saying, "I will call him Rusty Hodges, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him and pat him and rub him..."

5wide
10-03-2010, 12:11 AM
haha I'm just stirrin tha pot up! It's all in fun and I hope mama bull knows it...:)

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Oh, it's all in good fun! And I think MamaBull will agree. :D

Bullaholic
10-03-2010, 10:45 AM
I am going to throw a 2 day old banana peel on your car ken....and then put my gum on your driver side door handle so that your hand gets sticky gum on it.

I will however, write an apology note and place it on your window so that you do not get upset with me.

LOL--How you going to write an apology with a broken hand in the hospital? :D

Oh, and Decatur folks just usually throw their banana peels and gum in the floorboard of their own cars so you won't have any left for mine....:D

Sure hope I can see the Bulls score for about the 8th time Friday night thru all those Eagle feathers...:D The Eagle players will know how to correctly spell every one of the Bull's receivers and
RB's names because they will see nothing but the backs of their jerseys on Friday night....:D Us Bulls fans will bring our forks to the game because we will be able to stick them in Decatur after the 1st Quarter....:D

88bulls
10-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Bulls just have to many weapons on offense for Decatur to stop. If our defense has to just control Hodges then, I take Bulls by 20.

Deuce
10-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Bridgeport in a blowout! #17 will get in the endzone at least twice.

MamaBull
10-03-2010, 12:29 PM
haha I'm just stirrin tha pot up! It's all in fun and I hope mama bull knows it...:) i know it. just like i know bridgeport will roll friday night.

bridgeport42
decatur21

Bull_Guy
10-03-2010, 06:42 PM
This game will depend on what strategy the bulls go with on friday. They can do the whole showing up unpreparied attitude where they turn the ball over about 15 times and play sloppy throughout the game. And finally start playing hard with 2 minutes left...

Or they can play like the old bulls and give it to their playmakers and let the talent speak for itself....

bulls by 14

Daddy D 11
10-03-2010, 06:49 PM
because you play some weak teams and get some long runs you think you have an amazing backfield. wrong. if you cant hold burk under 30 then your defense has some major problems and bridgeport is going to do whatever they want on yall.

Rocket? Is that you?

bigwood33
10-03-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't even know any players Decatur has besides that QB Hodges....don't even know his first name. I will call him Rusty Hodges
Cody....I believe.

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Even if the Bullies do win this game, I will sleep well, knowing for a fact, that they will never catch Decatur in the all time series wins.

Bridgeport gets on these little runs and makes the playoffs. Then they play teams and have what they call "big wins" over these teams that had good seasons 2 or 3 years ago, but hey if that makes you feel like your going somewhere in the world by all means jump for joy...but try not to jump off a cliff ;)

AngeloState39
10-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Even if the Bullies do win this game, I will sleep well, knowing for a fact, that they will never catch Decatur in the all time series wins.

Bridgeport gets on these little runs and makes the playoffs. Then they play teams and have what they call "big wins" over these teams that had good seasons 2 or 3 years ago, but hey if that makes you feel like your going somewhere in the world by all means jump for joy...but try not to jump off a cliff ;) a win over prosper and graham is a heck of alot better that a win over hirschi and ranchview.

that winning record wont be there much longer.

decatur had some teams, bridgeport has a program.

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
a win over prosper and graham is a heck of alot better that a win over hirschi and ranchview.

that winning record wont be there much longer.

decatur had some teams, bridgeport has a program. Bridgeport will go back into the shadow like they always do....it is the way the world works . Might as well get rid of that trashy stadium to. It really is an eye sore but that comes with the territory I suppose.

Bullaholic
10-03-2010, 09:43 PM

Bridgeport gets on these little runs and makes the playoffs. Then they play teams and have what they call "big wins" over these teams that had good seasons 2 or 3 years ago, but hey if that makes you feel like your going somewhere in the world by all means jump for joy...but try not to jump off a cliff ;)

Yep, seems like these Bulls have gone on these "little" playoff runs every year but a couple since 93'----even making it past the first round most of time, unlike our feathered friends from the Evil Eastern Empire.....

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 09:45 PM
58-26 all time....It will be a long time to catch Decatur

AngeloState39
10-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Bridgeport will go back into the shadow like they always do....it is the way the world works . Might as well get rid of that trashy stadium to. It really is an eye sore but that comes with the territory I suppose. always do? please, even the years we werent good we at least put up a half. in 08 decatur got into their goalline offense in the second quarter to run time off the clock. thats cowardly.

in the words of bob dylan, times are a changing

get use to losing

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Yep, seems like these Bulls have gone on these "little" playoff runs every year but a couple since 93'----even making it past the first round most of time, unlike our feathered friends from the Evil Eastern Empire..... Decatur has had plenty of runs to. Just like the Bulls, they do not have the ability to get to the big one

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 09:49 PM
always do? please, even the years we werent good we at least put up a half. in 08 decatur got into their goalline offense in the second quarter to run time off the clock. thats cowardly.

in the words of bob dylan, times are a changing

get use to losing How is it cowardly to use time to your advantage? That shows the ignorance you have been brain washed with young man

AngeloState39
10-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Decatur has had plenty of runs to. Just like the Bulls, they do not have the ability to get to the big one how many times has story gone 3 rounds deep?

AngeloState39
10-03-2010, 09:50 PM
How is it cowardly to use time to your advantage? That shows the ignorance you have been brain washed with young man they just tucked their tails and ran. didnt even put up a fight.

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 09:51 PM
how many times has story gone 3 rounds deep? I do not know I don't keep up with useless information unless it pertains to the amount of times Decatur has beat down Bridgeport.

BullBoy
10-03-2010, 09:52 PM
once, and abilene wylie put an end to that nice little run.:D

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 09:52 PM
they just tucked their tails and ran. didnt even put up a fight. It is ok to be jealous of someone winning. I would not know as I have never lost to Bridgeport when I was in school. I remember watching Bridgeport players cry and fans booing us though.

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 09:57 PM
once, and abilene wylie put an end to that nice little run.:D At least our kicker was capable of playing :D

5wide
10-03-2010, 09:58 PM
haha what program??? Theres no program in bport! A program of being second to Decatur in just about everything!!

AngeloState39
10-03-2010, 09:58 PM
I do not know I don't keep up with useless information unless it pertains to the amount of times Decatur has beat down Bridgeport. whatever helps you sleep this week old man.

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:02 PM
whatever helps you sleep this week old man. If 24 is old then why won't the government let me retire?

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:03 PM
haha what program??? Theres no program in bport! A program of being second to Decatur in just about everything!! Now don't be rude....they do have more cops than we do and they enforce the law and bend it more so they win in that category which is corruption :D

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Nate, dude, I'm almost starting to believe you're taking this seriously. The prospect of imminent loss too much to handle with your normal poise and grace? Saying our police are corrupt, fans booing and players crying, bringing up past history and your own 'glory days'...seriously, just how upset are you?? :D

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Nate, dude, I'm almost starting to believe you're taking this seriously. The prospect of imminent loss too much to handle with your normal poise and grace? Saying our police are corrupt, fans booing and players crying, bringing up past history and your own 'glory days'...seriously, just how upset are you?? :D I learned it from Ken :D

And it isn't a rivalry if you don't bring up the past dude....but for Bridgeport, the past is hard to read about and the pain never leaves huh?;)

AngeloState39
10-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Now don't be rude....they do have more cops than we do and they enforce the law and bend it more so they win in that category which is corruption :D wow. great topic for a football forum.

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:31 PM
wow. great topic for a football forum. OMG I hate it when rookies come in here and use that. Once you have been here a while you will see how things work lil buddy :)

BullsFan
I learned it from Ken :D

And it isn't a rivalry if you don't bring up the past dude....but for Bridgeport, the past is hard to read about and the pain never leaves huh?;)

The past is forgotten every time we make the feathers fly. Do the numbers 52-14 look familiar? That's my screen saver at work. Man, it's nice not to have to dig back so many years to find the past that makes me happy. :D

Bull_Guy
It is ok to be jealous of someone winning. I would not know as I have never lost to Bridgeport when I was in school. I remember watching Bridgeport players cry and fans booing us though. Well to refresh your memory its been decatur boys crying the last two years... It must suck to see a team yall once considered yalls "little brother" rise up and become a recognized program every year while yalls football program fades away and fast forwards to basketball season.

Or whatever decaturs good at these days.

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
Well to refresh your memory its been decatur boys crying the last two years... It must suck to see a team yall once considered yalls "little brother" rise up and become a recognized program every year while yalls football program fades away and fast forwards to basketball season.

Or whatever decaturs good at these days. What are the Bullies recognized for exactly?

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:33 PM

Or whatever decaturs good at these days. Cross Country :p

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:34 PM
The past is forgotten every time we make the feathers fly. Do the numbers 52-14 look familiar? That's my screen saver at work. Man, it's nice not to have to dig back so many years to find the past that makes me happy. :D And no I don't have a clue what that means.

Bull_Guy
10-03-2010, 10:39 PM
What are the Bullies recognized for exactly? Being competitive.
Winning more than losing.
Making playoffs.
Winning district for the past 3 years.
Going undefeated in district the past 2.

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Being competitive.
Winning more than losing.
Making playoffs.
Winning district for the past 3 years.
Going undefeated in district the past 2. :hand: You and half the state

Bullaholic
10-03-2010, 10:42 PM
I learned it from Ken :D

Not well enough. weedhopper....:D

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Not well enough. weedhopper....:D Go to bed :mad:

Bull_Guy
:hand: You and half the state If its so easy then why doesnt decatur try it?

Bullaholic
:hand: You and half the state

And which half were the Eagles in?

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:44 PM
If its so easy then why doesnt decatur try it? They do

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:44 PM
And which half were the Eagles in? The same that the Bulls are in

Bull_Guy
10-03-2010, 10:45 PM
They do When

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:45 PM
When Where

BullBoy
10-03-2010, 10:46 PM
what's decatur recognized for besides cross country and volleyball?:confused: it seems like ever since wylie beat the best football team that decatur has ever fielded yall have been getting crappier every year..:D

Bull_Guy
10-03-2010, 10:48 PM
what's decatur recognized for besides cross country and volleyball?:confused: it seems like ever since wylie beat the best football team that decatur has ever fielded yall have been getting crappier every year..:D Theyve gone to a once great team to the cupcake that everybody cant wait to play. Even Burk scheduled them for their homecoming because they thought that would be their one sure win...what a slap in the face.

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Theyve gone to a once great team to the cupcake that everybody cant wait to play. Even Burk scheduled them for their homecoming because they thought that would be their one sure win...what a slap in the face. Im pretty sure Decatur has a winning record, so how is that cupcake status?

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 10:52 PM
What are the Bullies recognized for exactly?

Quality program. High powered offense. And for the last two years, a salty defense.

And the Eaglets? Remember this is a football board, so let's don't talk about cross country.

Bull_Guy
10-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Im pretty sure Decatur has a winning record, so how is that cupcake status? Because its not a big deal beating hirshi, ranchview, and barely pulling one out in the last second against burk.....a team the bulls beat 50-14

BullBoy
10-03-2010, 10:54 PM
haha, come to think of it it's true, they've gone powerhouse to powder puffs, and continue to get worse each and every year. better watch out though, those eagles are BATTLE TESTED from their STRONG pre district schedule and could suprise everyone!!!!

not!!!!!:p

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Quality program. High powered offense. And for the last two years, a salty defense.

And the Eaglets? Remember this is a football board, so let's don't talk about cross country. ITS A SPORTS BOARD!!

Though I can't be to upset, reading and comprehension isn't considered a requirement for graduation in Bridgeport

5wide
10-03-2010, 10:56 PM
yall have been our cup cake 58 TIMES!!! haha yall ARE the lil brother to us! You've just caught us offgaurd the past couple of fights...we will be back on top shortly as always..it must suck to look forward to just football season... we get to see so many of our other student athletes enjoy playoff atmosphere...hmm sucks to be a bull fan!! lol

BullBoy
10-03-2010, 10:58 PM
looks like the Decatur guy doesn't want to talk football, i don't blame him, heck if i was a decatur fan i would change the subject every time i was asked about my team too.:D

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Remember, for those of you who can read and understand what you see in front of you, this is a sports board, not football, but SPORTS.

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 10:59 PM
looks like the Decatur guy doesn't want to talk football, i don't blame him, heck if i was a decatur fan i would change the subject every time i was asked about my team too.:D 58-26

BullBoy
10-03-2010, 10:59 PM
admit it guys, Decatur is TERRIBLE, maybe in a few years they'll be alright again but not this year!

BullBoy
10-03-2010, 11:01 PM
56-7, 24-21(spottted yall 21 points and yall still found a way to lose):D

Bull_Guy
it must suck to look forward to just football season... we get to see so many of our other student athletes enjoy playoff atmosphere... I dont know whether to laugh or feel sry for yall on this one....
First of all that is what somebody who lives in a town of a failing football team would say.
Next ill add that Bridgeports baseball team made playoffs last year and beat decatur twice.
The sissies made volleyball and basketball playoffs.
I dont care enough about track or CC to say anything about those

NateDawg39
admit it guys, Decatur is TERRIBLE, maybe in a few years they'll be alright again but not this year! Ok I will admit that when you admit that Decatur is the better all around program for sports. When we admit these things, we admit the truth.

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Say it all you want, but this time of year it's a football board. The talk is football, the game is football, the board is football.

Man, you really are in denial to be scrambling this badly. Police, fans, players, and now schools and teachers--watch it or I'm going to be taking this seriously. ;)

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
I dont know whether to laugh or feel sry for yall on this one....
First of all that is what somebody who lives in a town of a failing football team would say.
Next ill add that Bridgeports baseball team made playoffs last year and beat decatur twice.
The sissies made volleyball and basketball playoffs.
I dont care enough about track or CC to say anything about those Wow you don't care about your schools cc or track teams? That is not good support.

5wide
10-03-2010, 11:03 PM
our uniforms are better too! ha

slpybear the bullfan
10-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Bridgeport will go back into the shadow like they always do....it is the way the world works . Might as well get rid of that trashy stadium to. It really is an eye sore but that comes with the territory I suppose.

Dude... what exactly is wrong with the Bulls stadium?

Seriously, having a Decatur person tell someone else there stadium is crappy is hilarious!!!

Dude... YOURS SUCKS.

Carry on... WDA.

BullBoy
ok, decatur is good at track, maybe better than bport.

NOW ADMIT IT, DECATUR IS TERRIBLE!!!

NateDawg39
Say it all you want, but this time of year it's a football board. The talk is football, the game is football, the board is football.

Man, you really are in denial to be scrambling this badly. Police, fans, players, and now schools and teachers--watch it or I'm going to be taking this seriously. ;) :cool: If football is all you can dish out then this rivalry is becoming pretty lame. I deal with all things from sports(all sports) to education to anything else you want to prop up on. :D

BullsFan
Wow you don't care about your schools cc or track teams? That is not good support.

Scramble, deflect, scramble, deflect.

our uniforms are better too! ha

Funniest thing I've read all night! LOL!!!

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Dude... what exactly is wrong with the Bulls stadium?

Seriously, having a Decatur person tell someone else there stadium is crappy is hilarious!!!

Dude... YOURS SUCKS.

Carry on... WDA. It smells of BS

Bull_Guy
10-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Wow you don't care about your schools cc or track teams? That is not good support. About as much as i care about the corrupt cops in Bport

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:06 PM
ok, decatur is good at track, maybe better than bport.

NOW ADMIT IT, DECATUR IS TERRIBLE!!! Nope you have to admit the entire school athletic system is better :D

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 11:07 PM
:cool: If football is all you can dish out then this rivalry is becoming pretty lame. I deal with all things from sports(all sports) to education to anything else you want to prop up on. :D

Well I try to stay classy, which is why I don't deflect things I don't want to acknowledge onto police officers and public school teachers. :tongue:

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:07 PM
About as much as i care about the corrupt cops in Bport That attitude is why Bridgeport is destined for failure :D

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Well I try to stay classy, which is why I don't deflect things I don't want to acknowledge onto police officers and public school teachers. :tongue: :devil: You know you wanna

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:08 PM
This is the most heat I have seen on here. Gotta love the Battle for the jar of Sand:p

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 11:09 PM
:devil: You know you wanna

I really don't.

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:10 PM
I really don't. Why not

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 11:10 PM
This is the most heat I have seen on here. Gotta love the Battle for the jar of Sand:p

Don't forget you get to move your city limit sign too!! ;)

You're right about the most heat--you've got me thisclose to trash-talking, and I can't be having that. At least not this early in the week. Which means I probably need to get out of here for the night....LOL

5wide
10-03-2010, 11:12 PM
yep...it sure feels great to have won it 58 TIMES!!!

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Why not

I have a soft spot for police officers and public school teachers. BPD has had a rough couple of years, and as for teachers, well it should be obvious. ;)

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Don't forget you get to move your city limit sign too!! ;)

You're right about the most heat--you've got me thisclose to trash-talking, and I can't be having that. At least not this early in the week. Which means I probably need to get out of here for the night....LOL That is why you are a sissie :D

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:13 PM
I have a soft spot for police officers and public school teachers. BPD has had a rough couple of years, and as for teachers, well it should be obvious. ;) No not obvious :)

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 11:14 PM
That is why you are a sissie :D

You say that like it's a bad thing. We love girls' sports in Bridgeport too!

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 11:15 PM
No not obvious :)

I am one, so there's a certain lack of impartiality on the topic. ;)

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:15 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing. We love girls' sports in Bridgeport too! Ok sure if you say so

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:16 PM
I am one, so there's a certain lack of impartiality on the topic. ;) Bring it on

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Bring it on

Huh?

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Huh? Que

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Que

Why "Bring it on" in reference to me being a teacher?

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Why "Bring it on" in reference to me being a teacher? I never did say that

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 11:23 PM
I think this conversation jumped off the tracks about 10 posts ago. I said that I had a soft spot for teachers and as for why, it's obvious. You said not obvious. I said I am one, so I have a lack of impartiality on the subject. And you said bring it on. At which point I got totally confused. Which is another sign I need to get off the computer....

NateDawg39
10-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I think this conversation jumped off the tracks about 10 posts ago. I said that I had a soft spot for teachers and as for why, it's obvious. You said not obvious. I said I am one, so I have a lack of impartiality on the subject. And you said bring it on. At which point I got totally confused. Which is another sign I need to get off the computer.... You need sleep :)

BullsFan
10-03-2010, 11:26 PM
You need sleep :)

LOL!! Now I'm laughing, which is a good note to end on. Night, y'all!

Daddy D 11
10-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Loads of intelligence in this thread.

AngeloState39
10-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Loads of intelligence in this thread. liberty hill sucks too

PPSTATEBOUND
10-04-2010, 08:42 AM
The Bulls should roll in a huge way.:)

BullBoy
10-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I would say Decatur has played only 1 decent team, and that one team BEAT them 28-10. They're not ready for the BULLS!

88bulls
10-04-2010, 09:27 AM
As far as saying your program is much better than our is funny. We have just as many teams get out of district and play as many or more game than you do. Decatur football program is on the downhill slide and the fans should realize that.

Bullaholic
10-04-2010, 09:28 AM
:cool: If football is all you can dish out then this rivalry is becoming pretty lame. I deal with all things from sports(all sports) to education to anything else you want to prop up on. :D

I'll try to comply with your multi-sport discussion request, Nate.

Our volleyball team could beat your football team in a football game. :D
Now---Happy? :D

5wide
10-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 88bulls
We have just as many teams get out of district and play as many or more game than you do. Decatur football program is on the downhill slide and the fans should realize that.

Lol no you don't...out of all the sports combined, I gaurantee we own everyone of the all time matchups. We could have said that about yall when yall wen't 2-8 a couple of years ago...

AngeloState39
10-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Lol no you don't...out of all the sports combined, I gaurantee we own everyone of the all time matchups. We could have said that about yall when yall wen't 2-8 a couple of years ago... im pretty sure thats the only losing record we have this decade. yall are working on your third.

BullBoy
10-04-2010, 10:43 AM
wow, you have to bring in all time matchups as a defense for your team being so bad, eh... whatever helps you sleep at night i guess.:confused:

5wide
10-04-2010, 11:40 AM
im pretty sure thats the only losing record we have this decade. yall are working on your third.

yall have had 2 losing seasons and one 5-5 season..

exbull
10-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I sure hope I didnt read the messenger correctly, or the messenger was misinformed; but any team that the fans rush the field after a pre district win has no business talking smack about who has the better program.

I have never even heard of anyone rushing the field on a pre district game. Has anyone on here ever heard of this before?

I guess if that is the only thing worth celebrating in Decatur then more power to yall. Wow that program has gone down hill. Oh well Burk has a GREAT team this year so I guess I can see how exciting that victory could be.

wow

5wide
10-04-2010, 12:18 PM
lol..a win is a win!

BullsFan
10-04-2010, 12:29 PM
yall have had 2 losing seasons and one 5-5 season..

If memory serves, the 5-5 season was where we went to state semi-finals in the playoffs. I think it's safe to call that a winning season.

5wide
10-04-2010, 12:34 PM
sorry but your memory is wrong...2003 5-5 and missed the playoffs... o yea and we beat yall that year as well! haha

DaHop72
10-04-2010, 12:38 PM
BULLSFAN IS A CHICK!!!!!!!.............................an a teacher. :D :D :D :D

88bulls
10-04-2010, 02:54 PM
In the last decade who has more playoff wins? I do believe we do. What you do in regular season is good, but what you do in the playoff is what people really look and care about.

BullBoy
10-04-2010, 03:13 PM
playoffs. (Decatur normally doesn't hang around very long when they do manage to make it. one and done)

t-bag31
10-04-2010, 04:26 PM
:clap: THIS IS GETTING GOOD

SOONER09
10-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Decatur was always good until they met Abilene Wylie!

Bullaholic
10-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Decatur going to wear their same unis this year? :D

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/decaturuni.jpg

5wide
10-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Decatur going to wear their same unis this year? :D

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/decaturuni.jpg

lol ...you never know..Story has about as many options as Oregon does when it comes to unis...we might where those ;)

mwrams
10-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Stop their QB and Decatur is nothing. They are so afraid someone is going to find out about them they refuse to give out any stats! They will be lucky not to get blown out this week.

5wide
10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
everyone knows our qb is a stud..what else do you want?? look in the paper... the stats are there bud.

5wide
10-04-2010, 07:10 PM
and which qb are you talking about?? We have two that can produce...ask burk.

BullBoy
10-04-2010, 07:28 PM
just because your qb ran wild all over burks defense that doesn't mean he will do the same to the bulls. decatur isn't playing burk again this friday, they're playing the BRIDGEPORT BULLS and our defense is on a whole different level then what you have faced all season long!! and if all you have over there is a qb that can run around then your eagles are in for a long long night. and decatur will NOT hold bridgeport uner 30 points! i expect a blow out win by the bulls and so does everyone else that isn't an eagle fan.

AngeloState39
10-04-2010, 07:33 PM
just because your qb ran wild all over burks defense that doesn't mean he will do the same to the bulls. decatur isn't playing burk again this friday, they're playing the BRIDGEPORT BULLS and our defense is on a whole different level then what you have faced all season long!! and if all you have over there is a qb that can run around then your eagles are in for a long long night. and decatur will NOT hold bridgeport uner 30 points! i expect a blow out win by the bulls and so does everyone else that isn't an eagle fan. wrong, they know its coming.

BullBoy
10-04-2010, 07:37 PM
i'm just being realistic here, decatur really hasn't played anyone all season, Bridgeport will be the toughest they have faced so far. their 4-2 record is decieving, it isn't as good as it looks. bunch of big stats against creampuff teams and when they did play a decent team they got rolled. i highly doubt their qb is better than prospers #14, bridgeport has nothing to worry about.

5wide
10-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Ive seen Iowa Park play and ive seen bport play...to be completely honest ( not biased due to I'm an eagle fan) I think IP is more impressive. And bridgeport and defense do not belong in the same sentence!!

BullBoy
10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
decatur has been getting run over all year, if anything, decatur and football do not belong on the same sentence. they have no d, and their offense is their qb.

AngeloState39
10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Ive seen Iowa Park play and ive seen bport play...to be completely honest ( not biased due to I'm an eagle fan) I think IP is more impressive. And bridgeport and defense do not belong in the same sentence!! you're wrong. you are completely biased. imagine 6 lee clubs on one side of the ball, and that is bridgeports offense in a nut shell. you couldnt handle one athlete, so how do you plan on stoping more than one?
are your quarterbacks all state linebackers too?

and if you thought gainesville was crawling with Division 1 athletes, our guys will look like they play on sundays.

BullBoy
10-04-2010, 08:08 PM
funny how these decatur people actually believe their team has a chance.:rolleyes:

AngeloState39
10-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Ive seen Iowa Park play and ive seen bport play...to be completely honest ( not biased due to I'm an eagle fan) I think IP is more impressive. And bridgeport and defense do not belong in the same sentence!! woah bud. at least we coach tackling on this side of the river. decatur couldnt stop a fish out of water from making a 40 yard run.

whatever decatur calls that thing that goes out after the offense punts is a joke.

AngeloState39
10-04-2010, 08:13 PM
funny how these decatur people actually believe their team has a chance.:rolleyes: we'd have to spot them more than 21 points, obviously they cant win with that much of a lead.

BullBoy
10-04-2010, 08:15 PM
nope, it was proven last year.:D

NateDawg39
10-04-2010, 09:26 PM
:catredx:

BullsFan
10-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey, are any of you guys interested in having a Decatur/Bridgeport M&G? I've got the shirt right now and I'd love to bring it to the game, but I need to know now who all is willing. :)

Bullaholic
10-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Hey, are any of you guys interested in having a Decatur/Bridgeport M&G? I've got the shirt right now and I'd love to bring it to the game, but I need to know now who all is willing. :)

I'm up for it, BullsFan---just to have the chance to write over NateDog's sig.......of course, a big blue "X" is not very hard to write over....:D

AngeloState39
10-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Hey, are any of you guys interested in having a Decatur/Bridgeport M&G? I've got the shirt right now and I'd love to bring it to the game, but I need to know now who all is willing. :) willin for killin

AngeloState39
10-05-2010, 08:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szHzpnFeIMo

i could see this happening

huntingbig8
10-05-2010, 12:24 PM
i think that if I were B-port i would just throw it to # 17 all night, that kid was unstoppable friday night. that is a pretty talented group that can beat you in a lot of ways. I think that Bridgeport will destroy Decatur and IP is not anywhere close either.

BullBoy
10-05-2010, 12:37 PM
i think that if I were B-port i would just throw it to # 17 all night, that kid was unstoppable friday night. that is a pretty talented group that can beat you in a lot of ways. I think that Bridgeport will destroy Decatur and IP is not anywhere close either.

I AGREE.:D

5wide
10-05-2010, 12:51 PM
you would be suprised about IP

BullBoy
10-05-2010, 01:16 PM
you would be suprised about IP

No we wouldn't, IP is good but hardly any better than what Bridgeport has faced all season.

5wide
10-05-2010, 01:57 PM
yalls pre district schedule turned out to be easier than predicted..graham is no where close to last season...alvarado gave yall more than yall could handle and prosper arn't what they've been! Sure a couple of years they were tough but not as tough this go around. Yall are overated and need to realize it. No where close to the 08' team. Yea yall probably win district but thats not saying a whole since Decatur is way down and mineral wells isn't what they thought they'd be.

BullBoy
10-05-2010, 02:12 PM
:thinking:if decatur had played the scheduled that bridgeport played, they would be 1-5 right now, nuff said.:D you say graham is down this year? quite possibly but they are definately more than good enough to roll decatur, and so is prosper, springtown, alvarado, glen rose and burk.. well we all know what happened up there, yall barely beat a team that is really really down this year and everyone rushed the field like decatur had won the state championship or something.

congrats:clap:

AngeloState39
10-05-2010, 02:29 PM
yalls pre district schedule turned out to be easier than predicted..graham is no where close to last season...alvarado gave yall more than yall could handle and prosper arn't what they've been! Sure a couple of years they were tough but not as tough this go around. Yall are overated and need to realize it. No where close to the 08' team. Yea yall probably win district but thats not saying a whole since Decatur is way down and mineral wells isn't what they thought they'd be. prosper and graham would wax decatur. along with everyother team thats worth anything.

Bullaholic
10-05-2010, 02:38 PM
5wide....Explain to me again how the Hodges Eagles are going to beat a Bulls team that has outstanding players at every skill position, a solid "O" line, a pretty tough "D", accurate long rugby punter, and a placekicker who can kick it thru the endzone and hit FG's from 35-40 yds?

defense51
10-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Bulls gain momentum and roll by 28

BullBoy
10-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I suppose they're expecting to run all over Bridgeport like thay have been doing to all of those powerhouse teams they have been going up against all season...:thinking:

88bulls
10-05-2010, 03:02 PM
The only way Decatur has a chance is if our bus breaks down..:wave: :wave: :wave:

loco toro
10-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Sorry, but lets keep this thread 'a little' bit more nicer than that...

edited by slpybear the bullfan

Bullaholic
10-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by loco toro
deleted by slpybear the bullfan

:eek: :eek: :eek:

BullBoy
10-05-2010, 06:49 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :clap:

SOONER09
10-05-2010, 07:29 PM
I heard today that Story was putting in a two back set for this game.

88bulls
10-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah that's what I would do get away from everything you taught your kids since 2 a days. Real smart.

SOONER09
10-05-2010, 09:10 PM
I heard that from a Decatur dad.

BullsFan
10-05-2010, 10:30 PM

Heeeey. Not nice. :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

LeonJr
10-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by SOONER09
I heard today that Story was putting in a two back set for this game.

He has had a 2 Rb set in the offense since he's been in Decatur. Leon has watched the middle school and sub-varsity teams run the under-center two back offense for years. Then when they get to varsity they go spread:confused: :confused: :confused:

t-bag31
10-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah that's what I would do get away from everything you taught your kids since 2 a days. Real smart.

they have ran two backs for a long time!

AngeloState39
10-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by SOONER09
I heard today that Story was putting in a two back set for this game. its not going to help

rangerjim60
10-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Quick question since this is a sports page - Is tractor restoration a sport? If so Decatur kicks Bridgeports butt! How many national titles do the Bulls have? Decatur 2 - B'Port 0. LOL

Game will actually be closer than B'Port thinks. They do have the better team but nothing like a good ol' fashioned rivalry to get the adreneline pumping.......... Expect a game decided by 10 points or less

theoldoaktree
10-06-2010, 10:27 AM
BP Rolls big in this one

loco toro
10-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by rangerjim60
Quick question since this is a sports page - Is tractor restoration a sport? If so Decatur kicks Bridgeports butt! How many national titles do the Bulls have? Decatur 2 - B'Port 0. LOL

Game will actually be closer than B'Port thinks. They do have the better team but nothing like a good ol' fashioned rivalry to get the adreneline pumping.......... Expect a game decided by 10 points or less

i call bull on that, bridgeport dominates easily

BullBoy
10-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Bridgeport will dominate Decatur, look for something similar to what happened in 08 to happen again this friday!!!:D

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 11:03 AM

LOL, rangerjim---Oh yea, how bout' hay judging? :D

However, Bridgeport does have quite a few UIL Academic Competition skins.....

huntingbig8
10-06-2010, 11:45 AM
5wide....Explain to me again how the Hodges Eagles are going to beat a Bulls team that has outstanding players at every skill position, a solid "O" line, a pretty tough "D", accurate long rugby punter, and a placekicker who can kick it thru the endzone and hit FG's from 35-40 yds?

Bullaholic- your kicker almost kicked it thru the uprights on the dang kick-offs, it sucks for Decatur that they are not good, but they are dreaming about beating the bulls. With 5 more weeks practice before playoffs, nobody will want to play Bridgeport.

Bullaholic
10-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by huntingbig8
Bullaholic- your kicker almost kicked it thru the uprights on the dang kick-offs, it sucks for Decatur that they are not good, but they are dreaming about beating the bulls. With 5 more weeks practice before playoffs, nobody will want to play Bridgeport.

Truthfully, hunting, the Bulls are having a better non-district than I first thought we would, and things should get easier after this week against Decatur (Standard disclaimer- I take nothing for granted). Sure glad we don't have to face that Graham "D" again this week--man they move quick and tackle sure and hard. Just glad we got past you guys without any major injuries. The Steers moved the ball on offense better than the Bulls did, also.

5wide
10-06-2010, 02:21 PM

If i was graham I would be talking about "how great" the bulls are to after getting beat by them..trying to make your team look better dosnt help with an average bport team ...final score...44-42...

BullBoy
10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
:tisk: :tisk: Funny how decatur wins one close game against a bad team and now they think they can do the same to bridgeport, yall barely beat burk... now what does that say about how good decatur is?:thinking:

loco toro
10-06-2010, 03:11 PM

since you played both bridgeport and brownwood how close do you think that matchup would be and what kind of score would it be

5wide
10-06-2010, 03:23 PM
yall had one deep run 8 yrs ago and yall thing yall have "a program"...thats not a program, sorry. Only thing has going for them is a lake. Period.

BullBoy
10-06-2010, 03:31 PM
i think it's safe to say Bridgeport has a great program, loads better than that joke of a team that decatur has become. since 2004 i think your eagletts only have 3 playoff wins to bridgeport's 6? yeah we definately have the better program. decatur needs to just stick to what their good at, rebuilding tractors and cross country!:D :hand:

t-bag31
10-06-2010, 03:39 PM
03,04,05, and 06 all good teams

88bulls
10-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Maybe good teams but they played 1 maybe 2 playoff games. That don't make you a good program, sorry.

5wide
10-06-2010, 06:17 PM
02' three rounds deep snd 04' three rounds deep. I think thats three games???

5wide
10-06-2010, 06:21 PM
we owned the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 2000's...yall have the 90's...what "a program" ha!

AngeloState39
10-06-2010, 06:36 PM
we owned the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 2000's...yall have the 90's...what "a program" ha! we all know that. how about this year? honestly, what do you have to say about this years game? not games played 60, 70, and 80 years ago.

5wide
10-06-2010, 06:59 PM
well yall brought up the whole "program" tlk..so show me program. Weve been to the playoffs more, had more playoff wins, been to the semi-finalis twice and more dist championships...so show me "your program" .

AngeloState39
10-06-2010, 07:02 PM
but you suck now

BullBoy
10-06-2010, 07:13 PM
well yall brought up the whole "program" tlk..so show me program. Weve been to the playoffs more, had more playoff wins, been to the semi-finalis twice and more dist championships...so show me "your program" .

actually it was an eagle fan that brought up programs, you're just jealous of Bridgeports success the last couple of years and can't stand the fact that BRIDGEPORT is better and has been better than the eagles for a long time now!

5wide
10-06-2010, 08:22 PM
is two years a long time?? Win six in a row..

BullBoy
10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
the bulls have accomplished more than decatur has, yeah yall may have a bunch of wins but it's too bad decatur was only good at doing it in pre district and district, not so much in the playoffs where the wins matter most. go ahead and keep talking up your joke of a football team, they're nothing special, they weren't back then and they aren't now. but look on the brightside of things, this 7-3A district has weak teams in it, you guys are good at squeaking out wins against weaklings and might just sneak into the playoffs! and you know what? i'll be rooting for decatur all the way until the region 1 championship so i can watch my bulls knock you guys out of the playoffs in front of thousands if both are still in it by then!!!!

5wide
10-06-2010, 08:34 PM
tell me what bport has accomplished that decatur hasn't already?

BullBoy
10-06-2010, 08:42 PM
tell you? how about you tell me what your mighty eagles have accomplished? c'mon i wanna know!

5wide
10-06-2010, 08:55 PM
you said yall have accomplised way more...so here's your chance to let everyone know what it is that yall have accomplished that decatur hasn't...I will bow down to every bull fan if you can point one thing out

Bull_Guy
10-06-2010, 10:04 PM
you said yall have accomplised way more...so here's your chance to let everyone know what it is that yall have accomplished that decatur hasn't...I will bow down to every bull fan if you can point one thing out Girls golf state champs :)

now bow down

5wide
10-06-2010, 10:09 PM
well decatur has two boys golf state championships! One up'd you!

BullBoy
10-06-2010, 10:15 PM
come playoff time you'll see exactly what i'm talking about. maybe this time decatur won't be one and done, that's if they even make the playoffs! bridgeport has been the more succesful program in the postseason with more wins than the eagles every since the eagles so called "best years". don't make excuses for your crappy team, they didn't make the playoffs the last 2 seasons because theyre just plain crappy! even during the years when bport would go 0-5 or 1-4 in the pre district we still had more success then decatur during the most important part of the season! but what happened when decatur had a rough year? oh thats right, yall got kicked around by everyone and missed the playoffs all together! all of a sudden they manage to scrape up a winning record and theyre supposed to do something again? nope, sad reality is that the eagles glory days are long gone and show no sign of things ever picking up again. even when they were one of the best teams in texas they still didn't get anything done! and the only reason i'm bringing up the past is because some decatur posters on here seem to be talking about it an awful lot but i guess that's all you really have now right? memories of what decatur used to be to, using past records and stats as a saftey blanket to to hide your crappy team behind.:D

Bull_Guy
10-06-2010, 10:15 PM
well decatur has two boys golf state championships! One up'd you! You said one thing that Decatur doesnt have. I gave you one thing...

now.....bow.....down

5wide
10-06-2010, 10:25 PM
like i said bridgeport has done nothing more than Decatur..if you had a state championship I would shutup but you don't

Bull_Guy
10-06-2010, 10:26 PM
like i said bridgeport has done nothing more than Decatur..if you had a state championship I would shutup but you don't We have a good team this year....

BullBoy
10-06-2010, 10:30 PM
as of right now, NO MORE TALKING ABOUT THE PAST! let's talk about this football season, this year, Bridgeport and Decatur football 2010! whatever happened last year, year before last or back in decaturs glory days is all in the past, lets talk present day stuff... unless you're scared?:thinking:

i still predict a bridgeport win, whatever i said earlier about what i thought the score would be was just me joking around having fun with this rivalry thing. there really is no telling how a Battle of Big Sandy will ultimately end, every time these two meet it's almost always a battle till the last seconds, we all remember the last two times bridgeport has gone to decatur, both were very close games coming down to the final minutes!:D

Bull_Guy
10-06-2010, 10:33 PM
What has decatur accomplished in the past few football seasons that bport hasnt?
...besides losing to bport lol

Budman007
10-06-2010, 10:54 PM
tell me what bport has accomplished that decatur hasn't already?

For starters, Decatur passed on the opportunity to hire Danny Henson before he was hired by Bridgeport, choosing a guy named Cap Prince instead.

Do you know how many district championships the Eagles won under Prince? Zero!

Bridgeport 1 Decatur 0

NateDawg39
10-06-2010, 11:01 PM
as of right now, NO MORE TALKING ABOUT THE PAST! let's talk about this football season, this year, Bridgeport and Decatur football 2010! whatever happened last year, year before last or back in decaturs glory days is all in the past, lets talk present day stuff... unless you're scared?:thinking:

i still predict a bridgeport win, whatever i said earlier about what i thought the score would be was just me joking around having fun with this rivalry thing. there really is no telling how a Battle of Big Sandy will ultimately end, every time these two meet it's almost always a battle till the last seconds, we all remember the last two times bridgeport has gone to decatur, both were very close games coming down to the final minutes!:D

Like I said, what is the point of the rivalry if you don't talk about the past....kinda defeats the purpose. Yeah Bridgeport for once in 10 years won some big games in non district. Probably flake out just like they always do...just like Decatur does.

NateDawg39
10-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Neither team has any room to talk about accomplishments.Wow look, I won a round 3 playoff game back in the day....psshh please. I love Decatur and if you compare "programs", Decatur looks better but Bridgeport has had their years to.

Bull_Guy
10-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Neither team has any room to talk about accomplishments.Wow look, I won a round 3 playoff game back in the day....psshh please. I love Decatur and if you compare "programs", Decatur looks better but Bridgeport has had their years to. I bet a bull would kill an eagle.

Bull_Guy
10-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Didnt mean to respond to that quote it was just a thought

BullBoy
10-07-2010, 07:49 AM
i see that decatur was succesful for a couple of years in row, good job on that! so how are those games that the eagles won in the past gonna help them beat bridgeport this year?

i think it's 11 or 12 times that an eagle fan has brought up the past in this thread but it's funny how they only bring up the years in which they were good. why not bring up last season or the season before last since they like talking about their impressive team so much? or did those years not count?

slpybear the bullfan
10-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Okay... I hate to wade into this intellectual battle of minds... ;) but I do have one question, clarification: The Bulls have won their Region before, which in a six game playoff structure means they won a 4th round game. I also think(?) the Eagles did this too in 1988 I think(?).

Not really adding to this great debate, just wanting to clarify for both teams credit. Lots of teams play football and never win a Regional championship. Call me silly, but I think winning Region is a big accomplishment.

That is all... carry on. ;)

BullBoy
10-07-2010, 08:50 AM
:eek: MAN , all this trash talking is fun, kind of got hooked on it with this thread bit i think i'm done now. you won't be hearing a peep out of me until friday after the game when the bulls win their 3rd straight game over the eagles!!!!:D :thumbsup:

GO BULLS!!!

BullBoy
10-07-2010, 08:51 AM
:eek: MAN , all this trash talking is fun, kind of got hooked on it with this thread but i think i'm done now. you won't be hearing a peep out of me until friday after the game when the bulls win their 3rd straight game over the eagles!!!!:D :thumbsup:

GO BULLS!!!

had to fix a typing error, sorry.

rangerjim60
10-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Are any of us posters playing football right now? Or are we looking back when we did play and wishing we were back on the field. I think the latter.

A good rivalry stirs lots of emotions. But I get tired of this team stunk for these years, your team is crappy right now, my mascot can beat up your mascot stuff.

These are 16-18 year old kids playing their collective butts off each week. Each trying their hardest, to do their best, to grow into disciplined young men. Some have more talent, some more heart, but all living for that next game.

Good luck Bridgeport and Decatur. Have a safe well played game and in my mind - YOU ARE ALL WINNERS! See you there.......

Bullaholic
10-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Are any of us posters playing football right now? Or are we looking back when we did play and wishing we were back on the field. I think the latter.

A good rivalry stirs lots of emotions. But I get tired of this team stunk for these years, your team is crappy right now, my mascot can beat up your mascot stuff.

These are 16-18 year old kids playing their collective butts off each week. Each trying their hardest, to do their best, to grow into disciplined young men. Some have more talent, some more heart, but all living for that next game.

Good luck Bridgeport and Decatur. Have a safe well played game and in my mind - YOU ARE ALL WINNERS! See you there.......

Of course you are correct on many points, rangerjim, and I am moved each time I read a serious post like yours to try to ask you to try to understand the Never-Never Land concept most posters embrace when we smack talk some on these threads and ask you to discount much of what you read. It is done mostly for pure non-sensical entertainment, albeit some of the humor is a little thin and questionable at times, but I don't think there is anyone in either town who would truly wish harm on anyone from the other town, or let their emotions rise to the level of hatred. I respect every word you said about the efforts of our kids, and agree completely. I assure you I will be one of the first to shake the hands of some of the Decatur players after the game---whether they win or lose, and offer congrats or appreciation for their efforts, just as enthusiastically as I will do for the Bulls players. I hope you will continue to offer your thoughts whether in jest or in seriousness when our schools meet in competition.

gilbert
10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Leon......Goodbolt is gone but the Eagles will need to find some offensive firepower to keep up with the Bull offensive juggernaut (good word....heard it yesterday). The Bull receivers might be too strong for the Eaglets to handle. Led by Schuett, Mullins, Hudson and Minx these young men will wreak havoc on the Decatur secondary. C. Henson is one of the best QB's in the state....if not the best......and the ground game of Huerta and his catching ability out of the backfield may be too much for the D-town boys.

I really like the Bull Defense (HOW 'BOUT DEM BULLS......I just had to say that) Led by Boyd, Bracken, Mishnick, Hicks, and Plummer.....not sure D'ville (I think there is a coach that spells all teams that way in DHS) can handle the onslaught of this vaunted defense. That Bracken kid might be as good as his brother.....his brother is pretty salty. How is he doing up at Midwestern?

Bring your crying towels to the stadium, D'ville Eaglets.....you are going to need them on Friday night! Go Bulls!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Roll'em up
10-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Heeeee's Baaaaaaack!

88bulls
10-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Gotta go with the Bulls 42-14..

5wide
10-07-2010, 01:46 PM
45-42...

Bullaholic
10-07-2010, 02:19 PM
45-42...

I agree, 5Wide--the Bulls should score in that point range. How many the Eagles going to score? :D

AngeloState39
10-07-2010, 02:32 PM
45-42... if your defense let burk put up 40 something points, bridgeport is capable of scoring well over 100.

SOONER09
10-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Gotta go with the Bulls 42-14.. Is that at the half?:) :) :)

gilbert
10-07-2010, 05:07 PM
This game scares me a bit as game time draws near.....Bull mania is running rampant and the eagles have been quiet.......that is not a good omen.......decatur coaches will have players ready for coach Henson and the bulls. Not sure if d'ville is back .........he is solid ........Go Bulls

5wide
10-07-2010, 07:49 PM
45-42...EAGLES!

AngeloState39
10-07-2010, 08:19 PM
they cant score that many points

5wide
10-07-2010, 08:36 PM
did last week!

AngeloState39
10-07-2010, 09:27 PM
against a poor quality team.
you cant score that many on bridgeport with just one player

BullBoy
10-07-2010, 09:29 PM
against a poor quality team.
you cant score that many on bridgeport with just one player

very true.

MamaBull
10-07-2010, 09:37 PM
WOW, ive missed alot!
sorry boys but ive been busy. good news is this time tomorrow my prediction will be made true and bridgeport will be 1-0 in district.

5wide, decatur couldnt score 45 points on decaturs pee wee boys. get real son, behind gerald james this defense is a monster of a unit.

5wide
10-07-2010, 09:40 PM
we will see

BullBoy
10-07-2010, 09:43 PM
any info about the JV game? i know the Decatur 9th graders won today, don't know the score though.

cstatbull
10-07-2010, 09:58 PM
ima have to go bport on this one.. earning their first district w and working on that 4th district title in a row

Bridgeport 56-17

5wide
10-07-2010, 11:21 PM
I hope it rains like crazy...we know the bulls can't play in the rain!!

Bull_Guy
10-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I hope there is any kind of weather. We all know the eagles are terrible no matter the weather!

5wide
10-07-2010, 11:45 PM
the bulls will always be looked at as decaturs little brother...everyonce in a while wins fight...enjoy cause you kno it won't last long

Bullaholic
10-08-2010, 09:09 AM
the bulls will always be looked at as decaturs little brother...everyonce in a while wins fight...enjoy cause you kno it won't last long

I wouldn't conduct a poll around the state on that, 5wide---I don't think you would like the answers...:D

Bullaholic
10-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Time to play the game. It's been fun bantering with you Decatur folks and I look forward to a hard-hitting, clean, highly-contested, and injury free football game between two great schools with one of the oldest and best high school rivalries in Texas. Best of luck to both teams.

5wide
10-08-2010, 09:33 AM
ha yea it just sounded so goooood tho!! ha

joshtrant
10-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Decatur by 10

SOONER09
10-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by joshtrant
Decatur by 10 You must be getting drunk on the the blue kool-aid.:crazy:

rangerjim60
10-08-2010, 03:06 PM
We have blue kool-aid? Where can I get some.........LOL

SOONER09
10-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Someone has it if they think Decatur is going to win by 10.