PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado keeps winning

OldNavy
10-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Alvarado -22, Waco Connally -12

defense51
10-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Alvarado looked sloppy Friday night- 3 fumbles, 1 int, punt returned for a touchdown, and 3 dropped int on defense. But the Indians gave up only 1 td on defense and still put one in the win column.

LE Dad
10-04-2010, 03:11 PM
If they win this week they will have my attention. Kennedale had a good team last year and was just a bounce or 2 away from making a deep run even deeper. This should be a good game. :D

rholl
10-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Kennedale and Alvarado seem to have great games lately....1st district game for each ...should be a barnburner!!!!!!

Gsquared
10-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Ok, think im sold on this game Friday! Wow, I just might make it home by midnight finally!!!

LE Dad
10-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Ok, think im sold on this game Friday! Wow, I just might make it home by midnight finally!!! I think it is gonna be good. I still think Kennedale may have what it takes to put B'wood down. I know that D they had last year gave Pitt all they wanted. Pitt left that game battered and bruised and never looked the same the rest of the playoffs.

Let us know what ya think about both teams.:D

Gsquared
10-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I think it is gonna be good. I still think Kennedale may have what it takes to put B'wood down. I know that D they had last year gave Pitt all they wanted. Pitt left that game battered and bruised and never looked the same the rest of the playoffs.

Let us know what ya think about both teams.:D
Will do, wich side should I sit on, considering the "Goo Goo Curse" and all that :p

LE Dad
10-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Will do, wich side should I sit on? I think Kennedale wins but, I say that not knowing much about Alvarado. I just see that ball control offense and stout D limiting Alvarados scoring opportunities.

The Indians could surprise me though.:thinking:

Sit on Alvarado side... my predicting abilities ain't too good sometimes.:D

Gsquared
10-04-2010, 03:29 PM
I think Kennedale wins but, I say that not knowing much about Alvarado. I just see that ball control offense and stout D limiting Alvarados scoring opportunities.

The Indians could surprise me though.:thinking:

Sit on Alvarado side... my predicting abilities ain't too good sometimes.:D
Ok, just for you!!! :clap:

Matthew328
10-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Here is why I like Kennedale;

1) Speed...Kennedale has plenty of it....

2) Style of offense...Wing-T is a tough offense to prepare for and Kennedale when clicking has the ability to control the ball for long periods of time and shorten the game....the key for them is to not get behind early...

3) Shiawo Garteh....remember the name..the kid is a certified BA and when he's fully recovered the kid is flat out unblockable upfront...

4) Depth...Kennedale's a big 3A so they have a little depth...

Gsquared
10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

1) Speed...Kennedale has plenty of it....

2) Style of offense...Wing-T is a tough offense to prepare for and Kennedale when clicking has the ability to control the ball for long periods of time and shorten the game....the key for them is to not get behind early...

3) Shiawo Garteh....remember the name..the kid is a certified BA and when he's fully recovered the kid is flat out unblockable upfront...

Yeah but does Kennedale have a Whataburger???? I think not, therefore, Alvarado rolls. Now, if they can come up with a Whataburger, or atleast a Chick Fil A, then id change my pick to Kennedale.

rholl
10-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Kennedale also open last week.

bwdlionfan
10-04-2010, 04:34 PM

In the previous realignment Alvarado was the largest 3A in Texas. Not sure about now.... don't care enough to go check!

LE Dad
10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
In the previous realignment Alvarado was the largest 3A in Texas. Not sure about now.... don't care enough to go check! Lindale is the biggest. Kennedale and Alvarado are close to the same size, but not sure who has bigger enrollment.

Did a little fact checking looks like Alvarado is the bigger school.

Matthew328
10-04-2010, 04:54 PM
I shoulda clarified, not necessarily why I like Kennedale over Alvarado..but why I like Kennedale as a team...

Kennedale does not have a Whataburger but there is one real close off I-20 and Little Rd...they have a Wal-Mart I think..

They do have lots of strip clubs so that may tilt the balance to Kennedale for G

LE Dad
10-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I shoulda clarified, not necessarily why I like Kennedale over Alvarado..but why I like Kennedale as a team...

Kennedale does not have a Whataburger but there is one real close off I-20 and Little Rd...they have a Wal-Mart I think..

They do have lots of strip clubs so that may tilt the balance to Kennedale for G Assuming Alvarado mkes the playoffs Kennedale will go DII and should be larger than just about every school they face. I am not sure their exact enrollment #, but they have good #s come out for football and they are used to winning and going to playoffs...and strip clubs never hurt.

GrTigers6
10-05-2010, 06:19 AM
Kennedale has 924
Alvarado has 974
According to the district page on the downlow.

trojan37
10-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Assuming Alvarado mkes the playoffs Kennedale will go DII and should be larger than just about every school they face. I am not sure their exact enrollment #, but they have good #s come out for football and they are used to winning and going to playoffs...and strip clubs never hurt. No assuming if Alvarado makes the playoffs-this game decides the district championship. These two should make some noise in the playoffs.

bowleghorses
10-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Alverado rolls again...Salty I say.:D

Gsquared
10-05-2010, 09:54 AM

They do have lots of strip clubs so that may tilt the balance to Kennedale for G
Whoa, I change my pick. Kennedale by 62

JustAFan
10-05-2010, 10:09 AM
This game is up for the game of the week on Fox 4 (against some big schools). Please go vote for it.
Go to: www.myfoxdfw.com
Click on Fox Hilites, go to Contests
Vote often by deleting your cookies and voting again. Show the 3A schools some love!

Bullaholic
10-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Ok, think im sold on this game Friday! Wow, I just might make it home by midnight finally!!!

G2, keep your eye on Tyler Bates (I think that is right), an Alvarado WR/DB, and let me know what you think. Kid had 2 ints and 2 TD's against the Bulls and can fly---and I don't think he is good just because he did it against the Bulls---I simply appreciated his effort and abilities as a really good player which I believe he will continue to be against anybody.

Matthew328
10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Whoa, I change my pick. Kennedale by 62

LOL I figured you'd change your mind...I've actually never been inside any of those joints in Kennedale..they look questionable at best

defense51
10-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Looking for Alvarado to win Friday night, they have alot of momentum and a very good coaching staff. The kids are fired up and continue to gain confidence every week! Should be a really good game.