PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Giddings

Pudlugger
10-01-2010, 10:58 PM
The Leps go into Giddings new field on the momentum of a big win against rival Bellville. Giddings has been off for two weeks and needs to get up for this traditional rivalry. The Lep defense looks to be gelling at the right time. Can the Leps break an 8 year drought and bring home the victory?

Yoe_09
10-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Giddings by 21

zebrablue2
10-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Giddings by 2 tds!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
a big win against rival Bellville.

Any win is big if you are 1-5. Wilkerson is a one man show, without him both teams pretty even.

Pudlugger
10-02-2010, 07:14 AM
FBB I guess you missed the two incredible catches by #5 Morris. The Lep D has a few standouts as well (#75 Childs who stood up Fox on the 4th and one play for example). I agree that Bellville has many good athletes (Fox will only get better and he just looks like a winner. Also #'s 40, 42, 50, 52, 34 and 5 impressed as well). Had the Brahmas schedule been less difficult I imagine they'd be 3-2 now too. I see them getting wins over Stafford and Columbus. The big test will be BR and Sealy. As for LG, they are in a tough district too and need to find a way to get at least three wins. Good luck to Bellville in district. I think your team will come together just in time and have a good shot at making the playoffs.

hookandladder
10-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Any win is big if you are 1-5. Wilkerson is a one man show, without him both teams pretty even.

Any time we beat Bellville in any sport is a big win, great winning tradition in Bellville. Yes, Wilkerson is a big play receiver and we are lucky to have him however you will see some kids step up next season definitely not the level of Brandon but there will be some good ones. Good Luck the rest of the season.

allforball
10-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Congrats to LG on their 500th All time win overall!

rancher
10-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Im going with LaGrange on this one, that wide reciever is big time college material. Has he gave a commit yet? LaGrange is one class act because of its booster club and fans.

Caldwell_Raider
10-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Giddings by 21 for some reason La Grange hasn't impressed me to much this year.

Maybe that'll change this week. :)

Pudlugger
10-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
Giddings by 21 for some reason La Grange hasn't impressed me to much this year.

Maybe that'll change this week. :)

The Leps have been hot and cold this year. The loss to West Columbia stunned them I think and when the played Sealy they just were totally flat. Sealy was very good and I can't take anything away from them but it was apparent that the Leps were not having their best day. If they can parlay their win against Bellville into a better showing against Giddings they can win. The Leps have not had their breakout moment yet but are getting close. Our young qb is showing much more confidence and poise and I expect he'll surprise some folks in D23 now that he has half a season of varsity experience behind him.

buff4ever
10-02-2010, 12:18 PM
The Leps have been hot and cold this year. The loss to West Columbia stunned them I think and when the played Sealy they just were totally flat. Sealy was very good and I can't take anything away from them but it was apparent that the Leps were not having their best day. If they can parlay their win against Bellville into a better showing against Giddings they can win. The Leps have not had their breakout moment yet but are getting close. Our young qb is showing much more confidence and poise and I expect he'll surprise some folks in D23 now that he has half a season of varsity experience behind him.

This is the same post we read from pud ever year, his is trying to will and convince the lg players into believing they can win. Not that I blame you but the coaches should do this and too much and the kids start to question it.

Should be another great game.

1st and goal
10-02-2010, 12:25 PM
If Lagrange comes in hitting on all cylinders, it will be a great game.

If the Buffs turnover the ball too much, it will be a close one. But if they play like they did against Elgin, I like our chances.

Buffs by 10.

duckhunter
10-02-2010, 12:33 PM
FBB I guess you missed the two incredible catches by #5 Morris. The Lep D has a few standouts as well (#75 Childs who stood up Fox on the 4th and one play for example). I agree that Bellville has many good athletes (Fox will only get better and he just looks like a winner. Also #'s 40, 42, 50, 52, 34 and 5 impressed as well). Had the Brahmas schedule been less difficult I imagine they'd be 3-2 now too. I see them getting wins over Stafford and Columbus. The big test will be BR and Sealy. As for LG, they are in a tough district too and need to find a way to get at least three wins. Good luck to Bellville in district. I think your team will come together just in time and have a good shot at making the playoffs. Maybe I've had one too many beers this morning but what are you talking bout pud? Your post makes no sense? If bellvilles schedule was easier they would have a better record? What are you a rocket scientist? I think that theory applies for any team...big test will be against br and Sealy? Hell every game has been a test for them. Their record speaks for itself

Pudlugger
10-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
This is the same post we read from pud ever year, his is trying to will and convince the lg players into believing they can win. Not that I blame you but the coaches should do this and too much and the kids start to question it.

Should be another great game.

In the 7 game streak the Buffs only blew LG out in 2004. The other 6 games were all within a td or less. Giddings has been lucky to win all of these close games. If overconfident and snarky posters like you are representative of the Giddings players they will get beaten. As for my posts being too raw raw well sue me. At least they are thoughtful positive and not self congratulatory like some of the Giddings posters on this board including Buff4ever.

Pudlugger
10-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
Maybe I've had one too many beers this morning but what are you talking bout pud? Your post makes no sense? If bellvilles schedule was easier they would have a better record? What are you a rocket scientist? I think that theory applies for any team...big test will be against br and Sealy? Hell every game has been a test for them. Their record speaks for itself

My point is that they are better than their record indicates. In the past few years their non district schedule was not as tough as this year's. All 5 teams that beat them have a good chance of going to the playoffs and some deep into the playoffs. Judging them by the 1-5 record without taking into account strength of schedule is a little harsh imo. Now that it is district time and your team has a new starting qb with some game time maybe they can rescue their season. No harm in optimism right?

1st and goal
10-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Im going with LaGrange on this one, that wide reciever is big time college material. Has he gave a commit yet? LaGrange is one class act because of its booster club and fans.

Rancher, normally you bring some good stuff to the board but your beef with Coach Fitz is getting old. Your past posts concerning him are indicative. You act like he needs to ask your permission prior to making life changing decisions for him and his family. Sorry if he ruined any 3A coaches chances of ever coaching 5A. Grow up, get over it.

1st and goal
10-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Pudlugger, you just keep on posting. I get where you are coming from just trying to put your thoughts and reasoning in words.

buffalo2006
10-02-2010, 02:39 PM
It was also a blowout in 05, because we lined up in the I during the 4th and still scored. LG coaches were not happy and thought we were running it up

Mojado
10-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Agreed on Pud...keeping it positive for his team...thats what this board should be about...good for him!!!

Rancher is a internet bully...lol...guarantee he wouldn't say crap to Fitz face to face...lmao...keep on bashing those kids Rancher!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

halfnhalf
10-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
It was also a blowout in 05, because we lined up in the I during the 4th and still scored. LG coaches were not happy and thought we were running it up

Actually it was when ya'll were up 58-6 and went for two is when the coaches were upset.

Mojado
10-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by halfnhalf
Actually it was when ya'll were up 58-6 and went for two is when the coaches were upset.

And in the 70's La Grange recieved a punt and the returner punted it back, La grange was up by 40???... just a story I heard... so what???

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-02-2010, 10:58 PM
FBB I guess you missed the two incredible catches by #5 Morris. The Lep D has a few standouts as well (#75 Childs who stood up Fox on the 4th and one play for example). I agree that Bellville has many good athletes (Fox will only get better and he just looks like a winner

Who is Fox?

hookandladder
10-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Who is Fox?

Pretty sure he is talking about the Bellville QB, he is a good looking kid. If he continues gettting better at kicking, I definitely think he can play at the next level however I know he is also a very talented basketball player. QB's are normally talented in many sports, Good luck to Bellville.

buffalo2006
10-03-2010, 09:18 AM
I think we went for two because of how your coaches were acting, could be worng been a few years...reminds me of Brooking last year when the Vikings beat the Cowboys

Pudlugger
10-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006

O5! :doh:

Wonder why I forgot about that one!

Pudlugger
10-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Wilkerson was limping a little and was holding his right knee late in the 4th quarter. I certainly hope he is alright. His punting was extraordinary putting the Brahmas in the coffin corner twice.

I liked the Lep defensive front last Friday night. They were standing the offense up backing them into the lanes and they and the linebackers just had a field day making some huge hits on the running backs. This is what the Leps need against Giddings with their power running game. If the Lep defense steps up like they did Friday I like our chances.

voicteofLeps
10-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Wilkerson was limping a little and was holding his right knee late in the 4th quarter. I certainly hope he is alright. His punting was extraordinary putting the Brahmas in the coffin corner twice.

I liked the Lep defensive front last Friday night. They were standing the offense up backing them into the lanes and they and the linebackers just had a field day making some huge hits on the running backs. This is what the Leps need against Giddings with their power running game. If the Lep defense steps up like they did Friday I like our chances.

Wilkerson is just fine no worries and i'm pretty sure our defense is just gonna get better and better every week we know how to play it and do it.
just sayin you dont want to play us from here on out.

Pudlugger
10-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks V o L, good to hear the team is pumped. 7 wins straight ends this Friday!

GiddingsFan
10-04-2010, 06:29 PM
The Leps go into Giddings new field on the momentum of a big win against rival Bellville. Giddings has been off for two weeks and needs to get up for this traditional rivalry. The Lep defense looks to be gelling at the right time. Can the Leps break an 8 year drought and bring home the victory?

Nope. Not this year.

Coach BS
10-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Going with LaGrange in this one. Probably the best game in the dist. to watch this week

Pudlugger
10-05-2010, 05:58 AM
You are correct CoachBS this will be a great game to watch. The Lep defense will need to contain the Buffs big running game and get the ball back to our offense. West Columbia and Sealy both had explosive offenses with great running backs and put up 101 points on the Leps. At this point in the season I think our defense has adjusted and will prevent the big play and keep the action at the line of scrimmage.

On offense #18 has much more confidence and his natural abilities are starting to show. The o line continues to leverage themselves successfully with their good technique against larger physical defensive fronts. Keeping the defensive ends contained to the outside with quick footwork is key to giving our qb time to find the open receivers.

gameface
10-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Let's see-that was the fall of 1975 when LG whipped G-town 69-2 on the road with vanguard Johnnie Johnson and associates gifting a safety and having our punt returner punt the ball. As for 2001 in the dome, well enough salt added to the wound just mentioning this outing. I agree with PUd-the drought is over. Leps bringing the heat to melt the plastic pasture this Friday night. Wilk and associates have gameface on!:cool:

buff4ever
10-05-2010, 09:16 AM
a recent history report on this rivalry is that giddings has won 11 of the last 17. That is totally on memory, I could do some easy research on the years before but I am too lazy. Some of you old timers speaking of the punt returned punt would have to bring me up on mid 70's to 1992??

gameface
10-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Nice rivalry from way back indeed. Should be lots of fun and what a nice way to open up district on your new surface. It looks awesome from the road! So, good luck Buff4ever. Leps will be bringing talent and intensity this Friday night. PS-I'll be the one in the majestic purple shirt at your Lion's Club fish fry prior to the battle-likely gonna get the scraps. That's ok-I can take the friendly jabbing! Leps are healthy and have gameface on!:cool:

Centex FB Fan
10-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Look for LG to surprise the Buffs. Giddings isn't nearly what they have been in the past and LG will be hungry to upset them on their new carpet. I think LG knows they have a better chance than they have in the past few years and that little bit of confidence just might be enough to get them over the hump.

GiddingsFan
10-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Sorry Leps. Don't see it happening.

Giddings by 10

Pudlugger
10-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
Sorry Leps. Don't see it happening.

Giddings by 10

GiddingFan your so...2009.:D

gameface
10-05-2010, 06:51 PM
LG by 17. LG fix'in to light you and the pasture up-major melt down predicted for the rusty Buffs and plastic turf. Leps gonna get the momentum and then tighten the screws slowly!!! Bring it Buffs! Eight year drought is over. Leps have gameface on!:cool:

Pudlugger
10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
You got it Gameface the Leps are going to go into Giddings and put the wood on the Buffs. Shock and awe next Friday. Go Leps!

voicteofLeps
10-05-2010, 09:51 PM
^^agreed with the above!!!
No matter how this game ends, everyone at this weeks game will get to see one crazy game unfold right before there eyes. Can't wait to put those pads back on for those bright lights!

36phseal
10-05-2010, 11:50 PM
It's a good thing this game is in Giddings to hold the amount of fans going to the game. I think LG has the nicest turf I've seen this year...but their bleachers are unimpressive compared to the rest of the district.

I would love for LG to give the Giddings coach a "nice try" hand shake after the game, but I just don't see it happening unless they surprise me and play Wilkerson at QB. What do I know though....we've got all we can handle this week.

Pudlugger
10-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Wikerson took the first snap of the season as qb. He has had a couple of series as qb since. He can add a new dimension to the offense as qb under certain conditions but I think he contributes more at wide receiver. He demands double coverage on every play leaving our other receivers on man to man. That gives us an edge. Wait and see what they decide is right based on the facts on the ground. So far I like how #18 is developing and see no reason to make huge changes now. I think this Giddings match will be our break out game. we will see several players step up and lead. Go Leps!

gameface
10-06-2010, 07:59 AM
To Seal 36-Brandon can play QB and has played QB but we have found him to be a better fit at WR! I'm a bit winded just making that one statement. Hopefully your clear now that he is our WR, not QB! Now, back to the thread. LG continues to get better with each game and that's what it will take to earn a playoff position in this district. A little hot and cold last week but hopefully we turn on some consistent heat at 7:30pm this Friday and keep it on high all 4 Q's. Should be lots of folks out for an intense rivalry and I hope the zebra's call a balanced game. I'm excited to play on a very nice artificial field. Hopefully we can brand LG on the Buffalo's. Leps by 17. Leopards have discipline and gameface on.:cool:

Pudlugger
10-06-2010, 03:23 PM
How much of a factor will 2 weeks off be for Giddings? I noticed last Friday our guys were flat for the first half. After the halftime break they came out and took control of the game. A week off can be helpful to regroup but two weeks off may cause a loss of focus and intensity.

buff4ever
10-06-2010, 05:02 PM
How much of a factor will 2 weeks off be for Giddings? I noticed last Friday our guys were flat for the first half. After the halftime break they came out and took control of the game. A week off can be helpful to regroup but two weeks off may cause a loss of focus and intensity.

No excuses, we know we have to play our a??es off to win this game. But, agreed, not going full speed against an opponent for two weeks can be worrysome ?SP?

Timing and other issues on pitches and never mind we don't pass the ball :D :D :D

GiddingsFan
10-06-2010, 07:05 PM
GiddingFan your so...2009.:D

That was a really good game last year. Proud of the team and coaches. Must have been a helluva half time chat.

Thank goodness we aren't in LG. Your bleachers suck.

Plastic pasture sure does look good, don't it?

Pudlugger
10-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Plastic Pasture melts down from Leopard heat. Buffs get humped.:D

gameface
10-07-2010, 07:20 AM
plastic pasture does look good from the road but can rusty hooves handle the purple pounding? Leps have the claws sharpened for play and ready for the task at hand. We are healthy, all academic marks have been achieved and now we're ready to launch project a...whooping. Leps by 17. Leps have gameface on.:cool:

Pudlugger
10-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Great to hear the players are healthy and made their grades. Sounds like the Leps are really up for this game. They will come out roaring. This will be the year they turn back the Buffalo stampede.

gameface
10-07-2010, 01:04 PM
I second that commotion!! PS-Hey Pud, bring the LG branding iron!!:cool:

Pudlugger
10-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey Gameface, the Leps will assemble around the Lep Truck for a tailgate feast before the game. Bring a chair and let's get warmed up for the big battle. The town is pumped and ready to light up the Buffs! This is the biggest game of the year. The drought is over and the Leps will roll.

Pudlugger
10-07-2010, 07:52 PM
I have to comment that in times past the Giddings folks have been thick as flies on a road kill skunk on this board for this traditional rivalry game. Seems to me that things are rather quiet in G Town this time around. What's up?

GiddingsFan
10-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Caldwell will be a much bigger game for us.

Pudlugger
10-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah fighting it out for third.:D

GiddingsFan
10-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Nah, things here are good. Just watch and see.

gameface
10-07-2010, 09:27 PM
First my oldest and I will witness LG Lady Leps spank Lady Buffs in new G-town gym palace. Then off to the G-town H.S. cafeteria for some friendly fried fish plates to support Lions fundraiser and to jabb with competitors-it will be fun to be two minority majestic purple fans in black buffalo cloud of hot smoke. Then off to the plastic pasture for the branding party. PS-not sure if I can fit in the tailgate gathering into the LG victory feast evening of events. Oh, GiddingsFan-ho hum lack of present time consciousness brain set on Caldwell attitude won't work-you can just watch and cry. Your good but not as good as you need to be! Eight year drought is over. LG by 17. Leps have gameface on.:cool:

jrhernandez7
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
iv seen giddings play two times this year against elgin and burnet. From witnessing those games i dont know how the buffs struggled in its other games. I dont know much about the leps other than there monster WR. I think giddings has the horses to not totaly shut him down but slow him down enough to win, ....... LG 17 Giddings 28

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah fighting it out for third.:D

Caldwell will win this District this year, they are a very good team, 10-0. Giddings wins over La Grange if someone can stay with wilkerson.

Pudlugger
10-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Maybe but I don't think they will be 10-0. In D23 no one will be undefeated after week 10.
There are too many good teams in this district. Caldwell is good but they will have a tough time beating all the others. And the Leps roll tonight!:cool:

1st and goal
10-08-2010, 08:06 AM
When I drove past the JV game last night, it looked like the scoreboard had the Buffs on top at 27-0. Not sure how it ended up.

It's just that I hate to see our good friends to the south get all worked up and then have a big let down. These roller coaster emotions are not good for y'all. So, I'm just keepin' my mouth shut so I don't trip on my own tongue.:D

Pudlugger
10-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
When I drove past the JV game last night, it looked like the scoreboard had the Buffs on top at 27-0. Not sure how it ended up.

It's just that I hate to see our good friends to the south get all worked up and then have a big let down. These roller coaster emotions are not good for y'all. So, I'm just keepin' my mouth shut so I don't trip on my own tongue.:D

Posted above under Thursday Scores:
LG 13 Giddings 7

LHS 2SONS
10-08-2010, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1st and goal
[B]When I drove past the JV game last night, it looked like the scoreboard had the Buffs on top at 27-0. Not sure how it ended up.

Only in your DREAMS, Giddings ran the opening kickoff back and after that The LG defense shut them down.

Pudlugger
10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Let's make it a sweep tonight. LG by 10.

gameface
10-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Better sandblast your hooves Buffey Boys! LG fix'in to bring the branding bash to the plastic pasture. Leps by 17. Leps have gameface on.:cool:

1st and goal
10-08-2010, 03:14 PM

So, could it have been the freshman? It was about 6:45

Pudlugger
10-08-2010, 04:36 PM
The LG freshman won 16-14

GiddingsFan
10-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Giddings freshman starting QB got injured...

Pudlugger
10-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope he is alright.

PutMeInCoach
10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Just tuned into the radio. Sounds like LG defense is doing alright. Three fumble recoveries. But the offense can't make anything happen.

RanchRadio
10-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Can we get a score?

BaseballUmp
10-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Dallas, I got

lclive

5:26 left in the 3rd quarter Giddings leads 21-7.

BaseballUmp
10-08-2010, 09:46 PM
From leecountylive:twitter

LaGrange's Wilkerson injured. Being taken off field on stretcher. 3rd quarter 4:34 to play.

21-7 Giddings

BaseballUmp
10-08-2010, 10:04 PM
9:00 left in tbe game GIDDINGS 21 LAGRANGE 7

BaseballUmp
10-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Wilkerson was taken to the hospital by ambulance

not sure of the injury. Big loss for LaGrange

Darren
10-08-2010, 10:11 PM
28-7 Giddings

buff4ever
10-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I saw your gamefaces, for about a half, only because we fumble the ball too much again. RAH RAH RAH. The coaches have to get the kids mentally ready, you can't on a board. The coaches did have them ready, I am hoping that we are just the best that you have played to this point.

This message is only in good rival fun, I respect all you guys, get after everyone else in district.

Giddings has got to quit fumbling the ball so much. There will be teams along the way that will make us pay for these fumbles. The fumble before half as rimes was going into the endzone could have changed the momentum at half, but it didn't.

Giddings brought the hats and that helped a lot.

Congrats to your girls, they played top 10 volleyball today.

Pudlugger
10-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Wilkerson was taken to the hospital by ambulance

not sure of the injury. Big loss for LaGrange

Wilkerson was placed on a stretcher after stabilizing his head and neck. He was moving his hands when they rolled him off the field to the ambulance. He was taken to Bryan Hospital. Helmet to helmet spear shot taken from the blind side after a sideline 10 yard reception sent him to the ground limp and unconscious. Please pray for him.

#75 Childs our big nose guard and anchor on the defensive line went out with an ankle injury in the second quarter. Injuries just ruined the Leps tonight. Tough loss. Giddings was good but the Leps fought hard getting a goal line stand on the 1 in the third quarter but just couldn't get much going on offense.

navscanmaster
10-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Status of Wilkerson? We play LG at their place next week. I hope he is okay. I was looking forward to the Rattlers playing against one of the best WRs in the state. A little nervous about it as a matter of fact. If he was taken off the field on a stretcher, it must have been serious. :(

GiddingsFan
10-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Great game. Way to go Buffs!

Hope the injured players are okay.

buff4ever
10-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Yes, we wish the best to wilkerson. The word I heard from some guys on the sideline is that he remained conscious the whole time and was moving the whole time. He also had full strength in his extremeties ?SP?. I hope that everything is as precautionary as it sounded from the report, and we will pray for his quick recovery.

Pudlugger
10-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Status of Wilkerson? We play LG at their place next week. I hope he is okay. I was looking forward to the Rattlers playing against one of the best WRs in the state. A little nervous about it as a matter of fact. If he was taken off the field on a stretcher, it must have been serious. :(

I haven't heard anything regarding his status but yes it was serious. Possible c spine injury hence the stabilization of the neck and head with an air splint. The slight movement noted of his feet and hands was very reassuring. Prayers from all are appreciated.

gameface
10-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Be sensitive buffy boy 4 never-our very talented WR Wilkerson just had a CT Scan at St.Mark's in LG-we are waiting for results-pray for the boy-he has upper and lower extremity power and movement which is promising-likely concusion or contusion of the spine. Giddings did not fumble-we caused all the fumbles-our defense gets the credit, not the mouthy Fitzwho or defense displaying disrespectful comments during the assessment process of our injuried wide receiver prior to ambulance arrival. Not impressed with overall team strength and execution(very beatable!), however, individual speed and athletic ability of running backs was most positive aspect of Buffs. Plastic pasture was a little slick-may of added to the excessive injuries tonight. I like nature grass over artificial surface myself. Girls got off to slow start then surged to #6 ranking status in 3A Volleyball tonight-thanks for comments. Good luck G-town in future play. :cool:

GiddingsFan
10-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Are you kidding me? I knew someone would get on here and rip him. Get a life!

buff4ever
10-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by gameface
Be sensitive buffy boy 4 never-our very talented WR Wilkerson just had a CT Scan at St.Mark's in LG-we are waiting for results-pray for the boy-he has upper and lower extremity power and movement which is promising-likely concusion or contusion of the spine. Giddings did not fumble-we caused all the fumbles-our defense gets the credit, not the mouthy Fitzwho or defense displaying disrespectful comments during the assessment process of our injuried wide receiver prior to ambulance arrival. Not impressed with overall team strength and execution(very beatable!), however, individual speed and athletic ability of running backs was most positive aspect of Buffs. Plastic pasture was a little slick-may of added to the excessive injuries tonight. I like nature grass over artificial surface myself. Girls got off to slow start then surged to #6 ranking status in 3A Volleyball tonight-thanks for comments. Good luck G-town in future play. :cool:

I hope you didn't take my post as being anything but sensitive for brandon. I am simply stating the best that you can hear on a report like that. I am hoping and praying that all tests will come back negative. You have to be cautious with this type of injury. Prayers go out to him.

voicteofLeps
10-09-2010, 12:05 AM
brandon is home now. concussion. giddings is a very dirty and coached dirty and that whole town and team knows it. so giddingsgo on talk your mess and just keep that in mind tonight

buff4ever
10-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by voicteofLeps
brandon is home now. concussion. giddings is a very dirty and coached dirty and that whole town and team knows it. so giddingsgo on talk your mess and just keep that in mind tonight

I wasn't going to respond to some of this talk. Were you at the game? It was all in all a pretty clean game. THE ONLY PERSONAL FOUL CALLS AGAINST GIDDINGS WERE TWO FACEMASK CALLS THAT WERE VERY QUESTIONABLE, and the one after brandon was down. On that one the kids were pumped about making a big hit, and didn't know he was down with injury. Be realistic. And for the smack about our coaches cheering em on, we couldn't tell brandon was down for a little bit.

Moving on. LG HAD MORE PERSONAL FOULS, non facemask infractions, than giddings.

Once again, a pretty clean game, for the rival that this is, it was less back and forth smack talk than over the past few years.

buff4ever
10-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Good to hear brandon is at home, I hope he recovers quickly from the concussion and gets back on the field. Heck of an athlete

Pudlugger
10-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Good to hear brandon is at home, I hope he recovers quickly from the concussion and gets back on the field. Heck of an athlete

Appreciate that Buff4ever. Good game tonight as both teams played all out and the Buffs just had the margin of victory. Hopefully the Leps can rebound from these injuries and stay in the hunt for a playoff spot. Wilkerson and Childs will be out for a couple of games but the Leps have plenty of talent and will rise to the challenge.

voicteofLeps
10-09-2010, 12:24 AM
I wasn't going to respond to some of this talk. Were you at the game? It was all in all a pretty clean game. THE ONLY PERSONAL FOUL CALLS AGAINST GIDDINGS WERE TWO FACEMASK CALLS THAT WERE VERY QUESTIONABLE, and the one after brandon was down. On that one the kids were pumped about making a big hit, and didn't know he was down with injury. Be realistic. And for the smack about our coaches cheering em on, we couldn't tell brandon was down for a little bit.

Moving on. LG HAD MORE PERSONAL FOULS, non facemask infractions, than giddings.

Once again, a pretty clean game, for the rival that this is, it was less back and forth smack talk than over the past few years. your ignorant when 9 is down for 5 mins and number 94 was almost ejected for yellin at a lg its hard for a ref to make a call when he turns his back. hmmm.

buff4ever
10-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Somebody is ignorant, that is why I am not going to argue further

1st and goal
10-09-2010, 07:32 AM
I just hate seeing players laying on the field hurt. Prayers go out to Brandon. I pray that he fully recovers and gets back in the lineup soon.

Both teams brought extreme intensity. LG has some great players but IMO the injuries exposed their depth. Yes, fumbles are not going our way. I hate to think what our turnover ratio is. Two of the fumbles were for major yardage and the backs where trying to cut back or not go down when they should have. LG's D holding the Buff's on a goal line stance was a biggie. I noticed the next time, we didn't run straight at you when we scored.

#20 Rimes pounded the ball time and time again. #3 Bradshaw had a great night. Despite the fumbles, #28 had a great night and will really be something special to watch in the future. Downfield blocking was great on all the big plays.

Good luck to LG's remainder of the season.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-09-2010, 08:06 AM
I just hate seeing players laying on the field hurt. Prayers go out to Brandon. I pray that he fully recovers and gets back in the lineup soon.

Both teams brought extreme intensity. LG has some great players but IMO the injuries exposed their depth.

This is not good news for the Lepards. Without Wilkerson in the line up the Leps will have a hard time makeing the play-offs, he is that good of a player. Any word on how bad the injurie is? Good luck to this kid on a speady recovery!

hookandladder
10-09-2010, 08:30 AM
This is not good news for the Lepards. Without Wilkerson in the line up the Leps will have a hard time makeing the play-offs, he is that good of a player. Any word on how bad the injurie is? Good luck to this kid on a speady recovery!

Wikerson had a concussion, depending on how bad will decided if he can play this week. Most times they do not play the following week, if not able to play we will need someone to step up. Leps at home against Navasota where we are undefeated, so we can win this game.

Pudlugger
10-09-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm relieved to hear Wilkerson's injury is limited to a concussion. I would think he'll be out for 2 weeks. What about the other two players #25 McCarty and #75 Childs? Both are key players on the defense. Childs had an ankle injury but was walking on it wrapped on the sidelines and McCarty's knee was wrapped as well. I hope their injuries are not serious as we will need them both on D for district.I can't remember a game with so many injuries and all of them on our guys.

GiddingsFan
10-09-2010, 09:54 AM
voice of leps is just a kid. .. look how he writes. I am more interested in Pudlugger's synopsis so thanks for being fair. After talking with the coaches I have no faith in what this banter is about. I thought it was a great game, regardless of the outcome... All the fans and the LG band was great!

1st and goal
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Doe's anyone know how is Brandon W? I've been praying for him. I had the KVUE friday night football fever recorded and they had this game featured as GOTW. They showed the play that Brandon got hurt. I watched it on my 50" High Definition with HD DVR in slow motion. The hit that hurt him was not a "spear". Brandon had been wrapped up by another player and was squirming for more yardage. At the instant he was hit, he had lowered and extended his head forward trying to get away from the guy who had him wrapped him up and unfortunately, got his head totally beaned from a chest/helmet swiping hit from the 2nd player. I pray that he is back in your lineup ASAP.

Also, how is #75? I saw him standing on sidelines late in the game. Is his foot/ankle OK?