PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell -vs- Brookshire-Royal Updates

IHStangFan
10-01-2010, 08:23 PM
7-7

2 mins till half as per Caldwell's twitter page.

IHStangFan
10-01-2010, 08:32 PM
7-7 @ Half

Caldwell misses 30yd FG to end the half.

Hornet Mom 2
10-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm at the game and will post score updates to the IN GAME thread...my phone is not fast enough to keep up on three threads! :-)

OldBison75
10-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Global Swarming
10-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Caldwell's defense must be doing pretty well against Brookshire's stud running back.

gobbler grad
10-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Hornets got some competition tonight...ought to be a great 2nd half

Hornet Mom 2
10-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Yes defense is holding strong. Score should be at least 21-7. BR has turned the ball over twice and we have blocked two punts. Should have scored on a couple of those chances.

Global Swarming
10-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Sounds like Brookshire has some competition as well. I'm sorry I missed this one but my wife's hais appt. took way too long for us to go.

Hornet Mom 2
10-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Caldwell 14 BR 7. 10:17 left in 3rd.

Global Swarming
10-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Hopefully the offense is starting to get going.

Hornet Mom 2
10-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Caldwell 21 BR 7. 6:11 left in 3rd.

Hornet Mom 2
10-01-2010, 09:24 PM
BR 4 and out last four possessions.

Global Swarming
10-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Excellent defense Hornets keep it up and bring home the victory.

Hornet Mom 2
10-01-2010, 09:39 PM
21-7 Caldwell beginning of 4th. Cwell has the ball on their own 45.

IHStangFan
10-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Come on Falcons.....get on track!! :clap:

trojandad
10-01-2010, 09:40 PM
how did caldwell get their second half scores?

SintonFan
10-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Wow!
I'm curious too about those 2nd half scores.

I still love that little bar in Caldwell where my bro and I played pool. Cheap long necks.:cool:

Global Swarming
10-01-2010, 09:54 PM
The Longhorn

Global Swarming
10-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Ought to be close to being over. I wonder what the score is.

Hornet Mom 2
10-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Left with 1:31 in 4th. Still 21-7. Caldwell had the ball. Both 2nd 1/2 scores we running plays.

HornetMom
10-01-2010, 10:08 PM
30 seconds left. 21 - 15. Caldwell

HornetMom
10-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Final. 21 - 15

Global Swarming
10-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Need to recover the onside kick.

Global Swarming
10-01-2010, 10:20 PM
It looks like alot of people may have fallen off the Brookshire band wagon tonight. Not many people on here gave us a chance tonight. That just goes to show you that one person doesn't make a team no matter how good he is.

44INAROW
10-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
It looks like alot of people may have fallen off the Brookshire band wagon tonight. Not many people on here gave us a chance tonight. That just goes to show you that one person doesn't make a team no matter how good he is. ;) nice win Hornets:clap:

Hornet Mom 2
Originally posted by Global Swarming
It looks like alot of people may have fallen off the Brookshire band wagon tonight. Not many people on here gave us a chance tonight. That just goes to show you that one person doesn't make a team no matter how good he is. There were several scouts in the stands. I'm interested to see his stats for tonight. I would be surprised if he had more than 60 yards.

trojandad
congrats to caldwell, they are obviously a handful.....

i have no dog in this fight, but caldwell jumped 2 scores in 5 minutes, were they break aways? results of turnovers? just so little scoring occured to have that many pts in a few minutes.....anyone know? thanks much

Hornet Mom 2
10-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Caldwell pretty much dominated the third quarter. We stopped BR four and out at least ten times in the game. Our 3Q scores were just flat out run at you plays and BR did not stop us.

sinton66
10-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Congrats Hornets!

shamu85
10-01-2010, 10:54 PM
I've said it before, I think BR is overrated. That back is very good, and they are a solid team, but I don't think they are a top 10 team.

SintonFan
10-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
;) nice win Hornets:clap:

Ditto! :clap:

zebrablue2
10-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
congrats to caldwell, they are obviously a handful.....

i have no dog in this fight, but caldwell jumped 2 scores in 5 minutes, were they break aways? results of turnovers? just so little scoring occured to have that many pts in a few minutes.....anyone know? thanks much

Key huge turning point in the game ( on 4th and 1 from the BR 30, went for it and were stuffed. Short field and quick score made it 21-7. Should have punted.. I stated in a thread earlier this week that BR had not seen a defense this quick all season, well, now you all have. The Hornets swarm the ball and Williams was hit pretty hard tonight. Great Texas High school football game, and good luck to both schools in district...

trojandad
10-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Key huge turning point in the game ( on 4th and 1 from the BR 30, went for it and were stuffed. Short field and quick score made it 21-7. Should have punted.. I stated in a thread earlier this week that BR had not seen a defense this quick all season, well, now you all have. The Hornets swarm the ball and Williams was hit pretty hard tonight. Great Texas High school football game, and good luck to both schools in district...

thanks zebrablue, it sounded like they got a short field somehow....the only thing i had to go by with br was seeing their game against cleveland, any top 10-20 team should have beat cleveland worse, the indians really have total confusion over there now....but i also short sold caldwell, they obviously did it with defense as much as offense........

track33
10-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Caldwell's defense stopped BR in their tracks tonight. #54 Jenkins for Caldwell played a hella of game. #5 for BR was held to approx. 50 yards. Caldwell's running backs #3 Sheppard and # 5 Burns also brought their A game tonite. My hat goes off to Caldwell's coaches for a job well done.

LE Dad
10-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Way to go!!!:clap: :clap:

BRfalconfan
10-02-2010, 02:47 AM
Caldwell is a good team i still believe the falcons are a better team tho.. I no the score says other wise but, the falcons missed some shots that would have turned the game around. All I can say is great game and see ya in the playoff Caldwell..

Hornet Mom 2
10-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
Caldwell is a good team i still believe the falcons are a better team tho.. I no the score says other wise but, the falcons missed some shots that would have turned the game around. All I can say is great game and see ya in the playoff Caldwell..

Okay, I don't usually quote people on here to argue or say they are wrong or anything like that, but seriously. Isn't that what usually happens when you lose, you miss some shots that would have turned the game around? If you were there, can you honestly say that Caldwell did NOT dominate most of the second half, on both sides of the ball? After reading this board all week, I was expecting to see #5 running for a couple hundred yards. And he is good, I am not trying to take anything away from him or BR, but Caldwell is the better team until we meet again and are proved otherwise.

1st and goal
10-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan

Pretty much the same thing can be said for the game against Giddings. BIGDADDAGADDA and others have been talking about and using Giddings as a measuring stick like they killed us on the other thread. The Buffs had (I think) around 4 or 5 turnovers. This was our defeat. We ONLY ran the ball, not 1 pass attempted so BR just crammed the box and we still scored over 30 points on your d. The final score was only a 3 pt game. Yes, BW got his big yardage on some great plays and you had some great passes too. But to think you dominated us is not true.

I was thinking Caldwell would give you a great game if they could hold onto the ball. Sounds like the Hornets missed some shots too. If somehow we meet in the playoffs again, I like our chances.

Hornet Mom 2
10-02-2010, 05:06 PM
From the B/CS Eagle newspaper.

"A game between two powerful offenses ended up being all about defense and special teams on Friday as the Caldwell Hornets picked up a 21-15 win over the Brookshire Royal Falcons on Friday.

The Falcons (5-1) held Caldwell to just 208 total yards of offense and the Hornets bottled up Oklahoma commit Brandon Williams for just 44 yards on 22 carries in a hard-hitting game that had a playoff feel to it. Add in two blocked punts by the Caldwell special teams unit and it was a very satisfying win for the Hornets."

I could not find the total game stats, probably not looking in the right place. If anyone has them please post.

Way to go Hornets, keep up the hard work!

Caldwell_Raider
10-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
From the B/CS Eagle newspaper.

"A game between two powerful offenses ended up being all about defense and special teams on Friday as the Caldwell Hornets picked up a 21-15 win over the Brookshire Royal Falcons on Friday.

The Falcons (5-1) held Caldwell to just 208 total yards of offense and the Hornets bottled up Oklahoma commit Brandon Williams for just 44 yards on 22 carries in a hard-hitting game that had a playoff feel to it. Add in two blocked punts by the Caldwell special teams unit and it was a very satisfying win for the Hornets."

I could not find the total game stats, probably not looking in the right place. If anyone has them please post.

Way to go Hornets, keep up the hard work!

Try maxpreps.com or the Austin American Statesman..... I'm not really sure if those stats are accurate though. :confused:

OldBison75
10-02-2010, 05:31 PM
I said early last week that Caldwell had the type defense to give BR problems and that sure happened. I still expected to see Williams get alot of yards, but I thought the Caldwell defense would totally shut down everything else. I am not shocked that Caldwell shut dowm Williams too.

Caldwell might very well be the best team in Region 3 right now. When they play with the intensity they have in big games and don't turn the ball over, they can beat anyone--even Brownwood.
No matter what Rocket says, that slot-T will eat you alive and the Hornet defense can be dominating against any offense.

BRfalconfan
10-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Pretty much the same thing can be said for the game against Giddings. BIGDADDAGADDA and others have been talking about and using Giddings as a measuring stick like they killed us on the other thread. The Buffs had (I think) around 4 or 5 turnovers. This was our defeat. We ONLY ran the ball, not 1 pass attempted so BR just crammed the box and we still scored over 30 points on your d. The final score was only a 3 pt game. Yes, BW got his big yardage on some great plays and you had some great passes too. But to think you dominated us is not true.

I was thinking Caldwell would give you a great game if they could hold onto the ball. Sounds like the Hornets missed some shots too. If somehow we meet in the playoffs again, I like our chances.

And i agree im not taking anything away from the Hornets they played hard and came out with the win. I havent seen much of giddings lately but they do play caldwell in a few weeks so that should be a intresting game and the way i look at it BR will play either or in the first round and will be a great game either way.

BRfalconfan
10-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
Okay, I don't usually quote people on here to argue or say they are wrong or anything like that, but seriously. Isn't that what usually happens when you lose, you miss some shots that would have turned the game around? If you were there, can you honestly say that Caldwell did NOT dominate most of the second half, on both sides of the ball? After reading this board all week, I was expecting to see #5 running for a couple hundred yards. And he is good, I am not trying to take anything away from him or BR, but Caldwell is the better team until we meet again and are proved otherwise.

Caldwell played good disaplined football and thats what won them the game. It wasnt the same offense I've seen the last few weeks didn't see the big back #22 as much i think he could have powered thru the defensive line as he has done on countless times before.