PDA

View Full Version : What, no Van Alstyne thread?

Twirling Time
10-01-2010, 10:03 AM
VA 59, Brownsboro 55 in a barnburner last night in Royse City.

VA scored to go ahead with 20 seconds left and Brownsboro was tackled at the 10 yard line as time ran out. Wild second half.

Ranger Mom
10-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Van Who??

Are they 3A??

I am asking this in all seriousness!!

OldNavy
10-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Yes, they are 3A in district with Celina, Bonham, Anna and Commerce. They are on I-75 just between Anna and Sherman Texas. They have had some success in 2A but not consistently a power. They will be in the mix for a playoff spot again this year.

OldNavy
10-01-2010, 11:20 AM
This is a good win for Van Alstyne. Brownsboro is probably the best team they have faced this season and probably was favored to beat Van Alstyne.

BILLYFRED0000
10-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
This is a good win for Van Alstyne. Brownsboro is probably the best team they have faced this season and probably was favored to beat Van Alstyne.

Yes I went back and looked at the records and bboro is not quite up to their standards of just a few years back. A little short on athletes this year. VA played them well and won but has already lost to Melissa 21 8 this year. So VA is a mixed bag. Not quite sure what to expect yet. But they are quick but not in Paris league with speed.

MoveInDad
10-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
VA 59, Brownsboro 55 in a barnburner last night in Royse City.

VA scored to go ahead with 20 seconds left and Brownsboro was tackled at the 10 yard line as time ran out. Wild second half.
Sounds like a great game, hope you didn't use up all your points allocation for 2010, you're going to need a bunch more next Friday night ;0)

icu812
10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yes I went back and looked at the records and bboro is not quite up to their standards of just a few years back. A little short on athletes this year. VA played them well and won but has already lost to Melissa 21 8 this year. So VA is a mixed bag. Not quite sure what to expect yet. But they are quick but not in Paris league with speed.

Brownsboro always has some good athletes but their team this year is nothing like the team Celina beat a few years ago in Texas Stadium. That was a very very talented Brownsboro team. Still a quality team though that will probably make the playoffs this year.

bobcat1
10-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Brownsboro always has some good athletes but their team this year is nothing like the team Celina beat a few years ago in Texas Stadium. That was a very very talented Brownsboro team. Still a quality team though that will probably make the playoffs this year. Right! They had that Rico kid that was a heck of a runner. I think he didn't fare to well that night.:D

icu812
10-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Right! They had that Rico kid that was a heck of a runner. I think he didn't fare to well that night.:D

No he didn't. BB scored 14 quick points then went backward the rest of the night. One of Texas Tech's starting o-linemen was on that team (Lonnie Edwards). BB also had a stud safety/WR and linebacker who is now at SFA. They were good just not as good as Celina that night.

bigwood33
10-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
They are on I-75 just between Anna and Sherman Texas.
Not I-75. US 75 is NOT an interstate...drives me crazy when I hear people say that. Just so you know, in the DFW area you have I-35 E and W, I-45, I-20, I-30, I- 635, and I-820...that is all. All other highways are either State or US highways.

charlesrixey
10-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Brownsboro actually is no slouch of a team, so this is a big win for a VA team that had lost to Melissa

orange machine
10-01-2010, 11:41 PM
After the performance tonight by the Bobcats on offense I hope the D steps up again next week against VA because the offense looked off.