PDA

View Full Version : Stupid rule

Old Tiger
10-01-2010, 02:13 AM
#11....3 points really? maybe 1 point. We're not a news site.

sinton66
10-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
#11....3 points really? maybe 1 point. We're not a news site.

Sez you.:hand:

Emerson1
10-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Does it really matter OT? You're one of the untouchables on here now anyways.

Super_R
10-01-2010, 08:59 AM
We all love to play the "move-in from Cali...now cleared to play...gonna be a stud" card from time to time.

Ranger Mom
10-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
We all love to play the "move-in from Cali...now cleared to play...gonna be a stud" card from time to time.

Many people rely on information presented here. To preserve the integrity, reputation and credibility of 3A Downlow, intentionally misleading information will not be tolerated in game update threads or score threads even if done as a “joke”. This is particularly forbidden in the case of the reporting of scores.

Just don't do it in a game update thread or score thread.

Geez people, I don't think that is too much to ask!!!

We aren't saying you can never joke around, just make sure you do it on an appropriate thread!!

:doh:

BILLYFRED0000
10-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Many people rely on information presented here. To preserve the integrity, reputation and credibility of 3A Downlow, intentionally misleading information will not be tolerated in game update threads or score threads even if done as a “joke”. This is particularly forbidden in the case of the reporting of scores.

Just don't do it in a game update thread or score thread.

Geez people, I don't think that is too much to ask!!!

We aren't saying you can never joke around, just make sure you do it on an appropriate thread!!

Hey Mom. I don't think people realize just how much others on a friday night hop around to check scores. I go to this site most of the time but there are a couple of others particularly in west texas that I check as well. I do not want to be misled at all. Don't have the time to back check.

DaHop72
10-01-2010, 09:42 AM
#11....3 points really? maybe 1 point. We're not a news site. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
10-01-2010, 10:13 AM
5). Obey instructions from Moderators and Administrators. (3 points)

We do not allow posters to question the motivation or integrity of our leaders in an open thread. If you have a problem with a Moderator, address your concerns to that Moderator via our Private Messaging System. If you cannot reach an accord, your only option is to appeal to the board’s owners (listed below) via the Private Message system, email, or the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

Gontex
10-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
5). Obey instructions from Moderators and Administrators. (3 points)

We do not allow posters to question the motivation or integrity of our leaders in an open thread. If you have a problem with a Moderator, address your concerns to that Moderator via our Private Messaging System. If you cannot reach an accord, your only option is to appeal to the board’s owners (listed below) via the Private Message system, email, or the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

I think I have used this board as a reference ever since it began. If I remember correctly, it was started by someone with a definite Cuero slant. I saw reference to it on another board and decided to check it out. Not complaining mind you, I enjoy the give and take on this board, but I do look to it for honest scores. Thanks to all of you who administrate this thing and keep it upright and with a good reputation for soundness.

Ranger Mom
10-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Gontex
I think I have used this board as a reference ever since it began. If I remember correctly, it was started by someone with a definite Cuero slant. I saw reference to it on another board and decided to check it out. Not complaining mind you, I enjoy the give and take on this board, but I do look to it for honest scores. Thanks to all of you who administrate this thing and keep it upright and with a good reputation for soundness.

Thank you and I agree!!

There is plenty of room on this board for all the fun that goes on....but on Friday nights, there are just SOME threads that should be "sacred"!!

LE Dad
10-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Thank you and I agree!!

There is plenty of room on this board for all the fun that goes on....but on Friday nights, there are just SOME threads that should be "sacred"!! B'wood threads!!!:D

Ranger Mom
10-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
B'wood threads!!!:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/umno.gif

Old Tiger
10-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Gontex
I think I have used this board as a reference ever since it began. If I remember correctly, it was started by someone with a definite Cuero slant. I saw reference to it on another board and decided to check it out. Not complaining mind you, I enjoy the give and take on this board, but I do look to it for honest scores. Thanks to all of you who administrate this thing and keep it upright and with a good reputation for soundness. suck up :D :devil:

Bullaholic
10-01-2010, 11:45 AM
suck up :D :devil:

Why? Just because he hasn't had so many board names that he has to start using numbers and foreign alphabets? :D

SintonFan
10-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Does it really matter OT? You're one of the untouchables on here now anyways.

Really?

I wonder how many names he has had?:D

Why? Just because he hasn't had so many board names that he has to start using numbers and foreign alphabets? :D

Good one.;)

Old Tiger
10-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Why? Just because he hasn't had so many board names that he has to start using numbers and foreign alphabets? :D I can writes like a caveman? Well here is my best shot!

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3641/asdfav.jpg

BaseballUmp
10-01-2010, 12:08 PM
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7307/070920crocker.jpg (http://img830.imageshack.us/i/070920crocker.jpg/)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Actually, Fox News won a Supreme Court ruling that upholds the transmission and presentation of false information against a couple of reporters who created a fictitious story. The reporters conscience got the better of them and they decided not to run the story and confess that it was false, but Fox ran the story anyways. When they came forward, they were fired. The First Amendment right to Freedom of Speech was cited as the reason for upholding the actions of Fox News, and ever since then, the precedent has been set for the protection of deceptive reporting practices.

Ranger Mom
10-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Actually, Fox News won a Supreme Court ruling that upholds the transmission and presentation of false information against a couple of reporters who created a fictitious story. The reporters conscience got the better of them and they decided not to run the story and confess that it was false, but Fox ran the story anyways. When they came forward, they were fired. The First Amendment right to Freedom of Speech was cited as the reason for upholding the actions of Fox News, and ever since then, the precedent has been set for the protection of deceptive reporting practices.

So what does that say in plain English??

STANG RED
10-01-2010, 02:36 PM

He hates Fox News.;)

LE Dad
10-01-2010, 02:43 PM
This was such a fun thread.:doh: :D

sinton66
10-01-2010, 03:20 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZing!!!!!

BILLYFRED0000
10-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I like stupid rules. Those are the one's that I can understand.......

DDBooger
10-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I like stupid rules. Those are the one's that I can understand....... lol

I think it's kind of overkill for one incident. Doesn't bother me though, I don't post wrong scores.

:devil:

BullsFan
10-01-2010, 03:39 PM

Newscasters and news broadcasts don't have to tell the truth. Which really isn't news at all...

Ranger Mom
10-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Newscasters and news broadcasts don't have to tell the truth. Which really isn't news at all...

Thanks!!

Thank goodness we, here on the dlow, hold ourselves to a higher standard than the media does!!!!

sinton66
10-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
lol

I think it's kind of overkill for one incident. Doesn't bother me though, I don't post wrong scores.

:devil:

You haven't been here long enough to know it's happened before. It's not just once.

DDBooger
10-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
You haven't been here long enough to know it's happened before. It's not just once. Must have happened in the 1st half of last decade.

Ranger Mom
10-01-2010, 03:46 PM
We aren't seriously going to get into a discussion over when or if it has ever happened before..are we?

sinton66
10-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Was some years ago and there was a huge stink about it then too.

DDBooger
10-01-2010, 03:50 PM
We aren't seriously going to get into a discussion over when or if it has ever happened before..are we?

:doh: Huh? what would be wrong with that?

Either way, It's a shame it's necessary. He did pick the wrong team to lie about the score lol. Everyone was dying to read about BW possibly losing

sinton66
10-01-2010, 03:50 PM

You're right, doesn;t matter because it's a done deal.

AP Panther Fan
10-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Must have happened in the 1st half of last decade.

lol....

Sinton66 sounds like he is saying you are OLD!:D

sinton66
10-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol....

Sinton66 sounds like he is saying you are OLD!:D

With age comes wisdom.......;)

DDBooger
lol....

Sinton66 sounds like he is saying you are OLD!:D Quite instigating! :mad:

I don't want to be smited!

:p

DDBooger
With age comes wisdom.......;) or senility ;) haha j/k

AP Panther Fan
10-01-2010, 03:54 PM

I was thinking of wrinkles/gray hair.....:eek: :eek: :eek:

but, I will settle for wisdom.

sinton66
10-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I was thinking of wrinkles/gray hair.....:eek: :eek: :eek:

but, I will settle for wisdom.

I can't deny, I got all three.;)

Old Tiger
10-01-2010, 06:21 PM
I know it has happened before but because of the Bwood/CS game we have a new rule which I think is absurd. People have posted fake scores before and it wasn't a big deal but now it is? How can you make something as petty as that worth 3 points on your scale for benching and ROM'ing. This is not a site for new but a place where fans can post updates on scores if they choose to do so.

Key word is fans which does not mean we are a media website although we do have some fans who are members of the media.

Old Tiger
10-01-2010, 06:22 PM
lol....

Sinton66 sounds like he is saying you are OLD!:D He is old...really old.

Actually over time your mind and wisdom deteriorates.

SintonFan
10-01-2010, 07:04 PM
He is old...really old.

Actually over time your mind and wisdom deteriorates.

Hey OT, they say young men peak at 17...
how does it feel to be over the heel?

sinton66
10-01-2010, 07:13 PM
I know it has happened before but because of the Bwood/CS game we have a new rule which I think is absurd. People have posted fake scores before and it wasn't a big deal but now it is? How can you make something as petty as that worth 3 points on your scale for benching and ROM'ing. This is not a site for new but a place where fans can post updates on scores if they choose to do so.

Key word is fans which does not mean we are a media website although we do have some fans who are members of the media.

You figure it out...or don't. It AIN'T going away.