PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts On Brownwood

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2010, 12:20 AM
After broadcasting their game tonight a few thoughts...

Shipley is of course a stud( we saw that when he was a Freshman at Coppell)..His ability to catch the ball with his hands, and his route running is a joy to watch

Brown..most underrated QB maybe in all the classes..like Coach Shipley said if he was 6'1 instead of 5'9-5-10 his door would be beat down by recruiters. Throws a pretty deep ball.

I wish Ratliff had gotten the ball tonight, I wanted to see him in action( speaking of I really like the back up Perez, kid has moves!

Chastain on any other team is top WR, in fact he aint to far from Shipley.

The OL was solid nothing I saw tonight made me thing any less of them.

On defense...love the pursuit and speed..they shut the edge down by having 3-5 guys flying there.

I still think their lack of size will pose a problem at some point. They are fast, and quick, but can be pushed back.

LBS are fast..but can also get caught up in the flow..good misdirection team could get some big plays.

Secondary speaks for itself...Really did not see Longoria do much..is he maybe dinged up? He seemed to be gimpy at times, just was not flowing well IMO.

As a team, Bwood is fun to watch, this game though not a great barometer..the offense never had to find their rythm..they could simply get the first down or big play when needed.

Their defense..well..All Saints had some success, but they killed theirself so much that I honestly could not get a good feel of the total D for Brownwood.

I will say this..Bwood is the fav in 3A, but CAN be beat..not by many teams, but there are some that could go toe to toe with the Lions.

BTW..LOVE the intro and next year I am going to a Bwood game at home

trojan37
10-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Would a Brownwood-Kennedale matchup be possible in the playoffs? I would love to see that one.

wimbo_pro
10-01-2010, 12:29 AM
YIKES!!!! You DARE say that Brownwood <bows head> isn't the absolute BEST THING SINCE CANNED BEER????

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
YIKES!!!! You DARE say that Brownwood <bows head> isn't the absolute BEST THING SINCE CANNED BEER????

LOL I said they are the Favs

wimbo_pro
10-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
LOL I said they are the Favs

Yes...yes they are.

BEAST
10-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Yes...yes they are.

Hey TXB, The Ville and their huge Oline and big dog runningback didn't have much luck pushing us around. We were without Ethan Horton tonight. Big OLB/ DE. Either way didn't matter. I'll say this, whoever we are playing better not have turnovers. If so, game gets ugly fast.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Hey TXB, The Ville and their huge Oline and big dog runningback didn't have much luck pushing us around. We were without Ethan Horton tonight. Big OLB/ DE. Either way didn't matter. I'll say this, whoever we are playing better not have turnovers. If so, game gets ugly fast.

BEAST

I dont count the Ville as a great team at this point..yes their O-Line is good, but their RB at the time was slow to the openings, that plays right into the speed of Bwood..if your RB is not hitting the hole fast, Bwood will take the blocks and then fill the gaps.

hollywood
10-01-2010, 01:55 AM
I dont count the Ville as a great team at this point..yes their O-Line is good, but their RB at the time was slow to the openings, that plays right into the speed of Bwood..if your RB is not hitting the hole fast, Bwood will take the blocks and then fill the gaps.

Sville will only lose one game in their district. Waco Midway is looking very strong. Sville is a lot better than their record. They have faced a very tough shedule. #1 Aledo, weak AW (only win), #1 BW, a good 5A Hebron, and a very good 5A Horn that has 4+ D1 commits. Sville will be fine.

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Sville will only lose one game in their district. Waco Midway is looking very strong. Sville is a lot better than their record. They have faced a very tough shedule. #1 Aledo, weak AW (only win), #1 BW, a good 5A Hebron, and a very good 5A Horn that has 4+ D1 commits. Sville will be fine.

Ville is NOT running the ball wel..only had 188 yards in 41 rushes agianst Hebron only had 179 in 41 rushes agianst Horn

BTW..Hebron gave up 219 agianst Colleville Heritage in EXACT same amount of carries.

Even agianst Wylie it took 35 carries to get 177( not bad, but should have had over 200 IMO with that OL)

3afan
10-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Midway & Killeen will both beat S'ville

Bosqueville
10-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Texasbroadcaster... How about that Brownwood crowd?? Amazing that many people on a Thursday night 2 and a half hours from home!

Eagle 1
10-01-2010, 08:23 AM
How many people were at the game?
I listened to TXbroadcaster some of the game, but switched to good ole Dallas Huston. (sp?)
No offense Txbroadcaster you guys done great, but Dallas is the best sports commentator on the radio IMO, plus the fans get good side line reports on KOXE. ;)

gatordaze
10-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
How many people were at the game?
I listened to TXbroadcaster some of the game, but switched to good ole Dallas Huston. (sp?)
No offense Txbroadcaster you guys done great, but Dallas is the best sports commentator on the radio IMO, plus the fans get good side line reports on KOXE. ;)

Had to be close to 10,000 on the Brownwood side. Goal line to goal line filled lower level.

Rocket
10-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Where's Jason Know-It-All? Lol

People just don't understand how big Brownwood football is when they are successful. People come out the woodworks.

Rabbit'93
10-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Man sound like Brownwood is the new Burnet w/ 10,000 fans and all. When are they gonna schedule the Chiefs?

(long time dl members will get it);)

Bosqueville
10-01-2010, 08:52 AM
I know it took us at least 15 minutes to get to the front doors once they opened. The line stretched a good 200 yards at 6. Holy crap that place is unbelievable!

waterboy
10-01-2010, 08:53 AM
I only wanna know one thing........did they have the video screens ON?

:D

LionKing
10-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Where's Jason Know-It-All? Lol

People just don't understand how big Brownwood football is when they are successful. People come out the woodworks. Yea, don't forget Emerson, thought my post saying 4,000-8,000 fans for the game was the funniest post he'd ever seen on the downlow, still not sure what was so funny about it.

RoyceTTU
10-01-2010, 08:57 AM
The BWD paper estimated 9000 on BWD side and a close to 1000 on the FW side. I was actually suprised and disappointed I had to sit so far away since I arrived with only 10 minutes til the start of the game.

FYI- I talked with a couple of different FW groups leaving the stadium heading out to the truck, and they were every bit as cordial as I thought they would be. Even after a rough game they were polite and a very nice group.

Eagle 1
10-01-2010, 08:59 AM
From the Abilene Reporter:

The much-ballyhooed matchup drew an estimated 8,000 Brownwood fans and quickly turned into a Lion landslide

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/sep/30/no-1-lions-roll-on/?partner=RSS

RoyceTTU
10-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by waterboy

The screens were on and they are the most amazing screens I have ever seen. They are crystal clear and really there is no reason to ever look down at the field. The view from the screen was better.

Because of the clarity of the screens and size, if you do not use HD graphics for all the video you supply, the quality really hoovers. Much of our video looked bad but it was still amazing

mwrams
10-01-2010, 09:04 AM
So, I wonder how many folks were actually from Brownwood?
After reading all these Brownwood post, I'm now convinced this has to be the greatest high school football team ever assembled. It's now useless to ever go and watch any other team in Texas.

LionKing
10-01-2010, 09:05 AM

:D Yes, it was great didn't have to miss anything.

waterboy
10-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Well,.....at least Brownwood did get to play a game in that stadium this year.:D All this hoopla reminds of another team a few years back....:thinking:

Seriously, though, the Lions are a good team, and it'll take a very good team to knock them off.

waterboy
10-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
Yes, it was great didn't have to miss anything.
That's cool. The last 2 state championship games the Buckeyes were in the video boards weren't even turned on.:( A game like that anywhere should have the video screens ON!

LionKing
10-01-2010, 09:22 AM
That's cool. The last 2 state championship games the Buckeyes were in the video boards weren't even turned on.:( A game like that anywhere should have the video screens ON! Yes, they should be turned on, I'd heard that everyone's always looking ''up'', now I know why.

Looking4number8
10-01-2010, 09:22 AM

I love my Lions, but NOTHING beats canned beer!

LionKing
10-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I love my Lions, but NOTHING beats canned beer! XX - Stay thirsty my friend.

95mustang
10-01-2010, 09:25 AM
I love my Lions, but NOTHING beats canned beer!

Looking I am going to have to disagree with you here. Bottle or draft is a little better. :D

RoyceTTU
10-01-2010, 09:26 AM
I love my Lions, but NOTHING beats BEER!

L48, I had to edit you message so that it reads correctly. Bottoms up :D :D :D

Looking4number8
10-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
L48, I had to edit you message so that it reads correctly. Bottoms up :D :D :D

thank you and I stand corrected!

Looking4number8
10-01-2010, 09:34 AM
BTW..LOVE the intro and next year I am going to a Bwood game at home

Cant hear the introin this video because of all of the bells but this is what it looked like on the huge screen

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_LionsatJerrysWorld011.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=LionsatJerrysWorld011.mp4)

Bullaholic
10-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Congrats to the Lions for another win---they remain looking like the class of 3A. However, until they get a test, the question still remains---Are the Lions that good this season, or is everyone else in 3A just not as good as some years? And only time will answer that question.

DaHop72
10-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Cant hear the introin this video because of all of the bells but this is what it looked like on the huge screen

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_LionsatJerrysWorld011.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=LionsatJerrysWorld011.mp4) Is that one of Rocket's presentations??:devil: :devil:

Looking4number8
10-01-2010, 09:47 AM

The replay board was amazing to say the least!

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_LionsatJerrysWorld012.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=LionsatJerrysWorld012.mp4)

RoyceTTU
10-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Congrats to the Lions for another win---they remain looking like the class of 3A. However, until they get a test, the question still remains---Are the Lions that good this season, or is everyone else in 3A just not as good as some years? And only time will answer that question.

Honest question, per our regular season schedule. Will we get tested? Is it Snyder....Wylie....SW???? I have seen non play.

Oct. 8 Big Spring* Here 7:30
Oct. 15 Snyder* There 7:30
Oct. 29 Sweetwater Here 7:30
Nov. 5 Abilene Wylie There 7:30

Looking4number8
10-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Honest question, per our regular season schedule. Will we get tested? Is it Snyder....Wylie....SW???? I have seen non play.

Oct. 8 Big Spring* Here 7:30
Oct. 15 Snyder* There 7:30
Oct. 29 Sweetwater Here 7:30
Nov. 5 Abilene Wylie There 7:30

I think we will get tested in every one of those games.. Each of these teams will bring their "A" game and I really dont see our backups getting near as much playtime for the rest of the season. Snider will give our defense all they want and if we play like we can and should we should walk away with a win but I dont think it will be an easy one... however it could really open these kids eyes for the playoffs that they are not unbeatable, but they can win ever game

Just my humble opinon.

Rocket
10-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Yea, don't forget Emerson, thought my post saying 4,000-8,000 fans for the game was the funniest post he'd ever seen on the downlow, still not sure what was so funny about it.

Both of those dudes didnt know what they were talking about. Not even close..

Rocket
10-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by mwrams
So, I wonder how many folks were actually from Brownwood?
After reading all these Brownwood post, I'm now convinced this has to be the greatest high school football team ever assembled. It's now useless to ever go and watch any other team in Texas.

Basically...

Rocket
10-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Brownwood has been tested in every game they have played. The test only lasts about 1 Qtr to a Half. Lol

LH_Tuff
10-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brownwood has been tested in every game they have played. The test only lasts about 1 Qtr to a Half. Lol

In all seriousness, it does not look like BW has faced a good defense yet. How many times has the BW QB been sacked? The only way to disrupt this offense is to get after the QB and try to force him into making errors or sack him. It is obvious that coverage does not work as there are several weapons. Make the QB scramble and force him into bad decisions. Only way to slow them down.

LionKing
10-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
In all seriousness, it does not look like BW has faced a good defense yet. How many times has the BW QB been sacked? The only way to disrupt this offense is to get after the QB and try to force him into making errors or sack him. It is obvious that coverage does not work as there are several weapons. Make the QB scramble and force him into bad decisions. Only way to slow them down. The QB is a duel threat and can run, very good at throwing on the run and moving around the pocket, can also take it to the house from anywhere on the field with his feet, that's a big reason he hasn't been sacked, not because other teams haven't tried.

RoyceTTU
10-01-2010, 10:17 AM
In all seriousness, it does not look like BW has faced a good defense yet. How many times has the BW QB been sacked? The only way to disrupt this offense is to get after the QB and try to force him into making errors or sack him. It is obvious that coverage does not work as there are several weapons. Make the QB scramble and force him into bad decisions. Only way to slow them down.

Not trying to come up with an excuse for everything but more of an observation. The first couple of games I was worried about BWD QB scrambling abilities. He seemed hesitant and almost scared to tuck it and run. I can tell you without a doubt that is not the case now. He has developed into an awesome runner.

We all know that it is very difficult to pin a QB down that can run like he has been doing for the past few games. I'm very impressed with his progression and decision making.

Once the pressure starts and he breaks loose because of over-pursuit, the defense will get into a containment habit, which should open up passing again. I'm no coach but that is what I see for the future.

LH_Tuff
10-01-2010, 10:18 AM
The QB is a duel threat and can run, very good at throwing on the run and moving around the pocket, can also take it to the house from anywhere on the field with his feet, that's a big reason he hasn't been sacked, not because other teams haven't tried.

Understand that. However, from what I have seen the lions share (:rolleyes: ) of the scoring so far has been through the air. Shipley can't score if he doesn't get the ball. I would contain blitz every play. May get burned some, but not as often. Just my opinion.

LionKing
10-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Understand that. However, from what I have seen the lions share (:rolleyes: ) of the scoring so far has been through the air. Shipley can't score if he doesn't get the ball. I would contain blitz every play. May get burned some, but not as often. Just my opinion. Shipley had 2 catches for 9 yds. and no tds in the China Spring game, yet 42 pts. were put up by halftime.

LH_Tuff
10-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Shipley had 2 catches for 9 yds. and no tds in the China Spring game, yet 42 pts. were put up by halftime.

I know, but how were the 42 scored? Other receivers? CS focused on Shipley. I would focus on the QB. Try to give him happy feet. :)

wimbo_pro
10-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Well...every team has an Achille's Heel....it seems no one knows what that is right now regarding Brownwood <bows head>, or at least they haven't been able to exploit it to any degree. But...as all of us know...no one is invincible. It sounds like they really wont meet talent similar to theirs until late November.

Tin Cup
10-01-2010, 10:28 AM
G. Brown is very dangerous running and throwing on the run. You will not be able to cover Brownwood more than 4 or 5 seconds. I didn't think we played very well last night honestly but I thought all saints had some talent. Two factors: one being at cowboy stadium for first time and the other playing down to their level. We had at least 5 penalties the first drive and still scored. We can score from any position on the field in 1 play. Explosive!

Bullaholic
10-01-2010, 10:31 AM
I think the question of the Lions being a "1-man band" have been answered. They are truly a very talented, multi-facited, complete 3A football team. IMO, it is going to take a team who can keep within shouting distance of them offensively, and having a very athletic, strong, defense with more than just 1 or 2 "studs" to have a chance of beating them. The Bulls team in the 2001 semis was very powerful offensively, but the Commerce "D" had a bunch of big, strong, physically developed and fast players who could cover the field and punish physically which ended up being the diff in that game.

LionKing
10-01-2010, 10:34 AM
I know, but how were the 42 scored? Other receivers? CS focused on Shipley. I would focus on the QB. Try to give him happy feet. :) Take your pick, other receivers, running backs, QB, the QB could have run for at least 2-3 other scores, but pulled up and threw to wide open receivers, one play the QB broke out of containment, had nothing but 30 yds of green in front of him, but decided to throw and threw for a td pass.

Bosqueville
10-01-2010, 10:36 AM
In my humble opinion... Gilmer would be the team with the talent to go toe to toe with Brownwood.<Bow down>

LH_Tuff
10-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think the question of the Lions being a "1-man band" have been answered. They are truly a very talented, multi-facited, complete 3A football team. IMO, it is going to take a team who can keep within shouting distance of them offensively, and having a very athletic, strong, defense with more than just 1 or 2 "studs" to have a chance of beating them. The Bulls team in the 2001 semis was very powerful offensively, but the Commerce "D" had a bunch of big, strong, physically developed and fast players who could cover the field and punish physically which ended up being the diff in that game.

I agree. I look back at the '07 Gilmer team. D1 talent at RB, WR and OL. And oh yeah Stump at QB. LH came into the championship game and totally shut down that explosive offense.

I also look back at Shipley's days at Burnet. He had a very explosive offense with McGee and Shipley (Jordan). I watched them destroy LH and many others. But no championships. I am not saying BW will not win it all this year. They probably will. I am just saying that eventually a team will get matched up and a dogfight will ensue.

LionKing
10-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Well...every team has an Achille's Heel....it seems no one knows what that is right now regarding Brownwood <bows head>, or at least they haven't been able to exploit it to any degree. But...as all of us know...no one is invincible. It sounds like they really wont meet talent similar to theirs until late November. Very true, the players know they have to be focused, no one is unbeatable.

LionKing
10-01-2010, 10:38 AM
I agree. I look back at the '07 Gilmer team. D1 talent at RB, WR and OL. And oh yeah Stump at QB. LH came into the championship game and totally shut down that explosive offense.

I also look back at Shipley's days at Burnet. He had a very explosive offense with McGee and Shipley (Jordan). I watched them destroy LH and many others. But no championships. I am not saying BW will not win it all this year. They probably will. I am just saying that eventually a team will get matched up and a dogfight will ensue. Yes it will, I totally expect it.

Trashman
10-01-2010, 11:11 AM
I have to agree with tin cup, don't think we played very well, lots of penalty's and missed assignments. All Saints kept shooting themselves in the foot, making it easy for the Lion D to force turn overs. The Lions can be beat, if the other team plays keep-a-way with the ball and disrupts our offensive rhythm. Short of that, I don't see any 3A team beating them.:p

Matthew328
10-01-2010, 11:17 AM
One hting I've liked about Cowboys Stadium is they always have the screens on and its a cool experience for the kids...

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS....five title games in one spot....so much awesomeness its not even funny

M-town lobo fan
10-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm assuming Brownwood has been playing teams that run the Spread alot.That means alot of clock stoppage.That gives them alot of opportunities to score with that explosive offense.I want to see how they react when they play a Team thats runs the ball well, grinds that clock and has a decent Deffense.Will they panic and start making mistakes bc their so use to putting up big numbers??? Who knows but sure would be interesting..Who is that team???

BwdLion_80
10-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
I'm assuming Brownwood has been playing teams that run the Spread alot.That means alot of clock stoppage.That gives them alot of opportunities to score with that explosive offense.I want to see how they react when they play a Team thats runs the ball well, grinds that clock and has a decent Deffense.Will they panic and start making mistakes bc their so use to putting up big numbers??? Who knows but sure would be interesting..Who is that team???

Not quite! China Spring runs the slot T, Llano runs the slot T, Stephenville lines up in the spread, but runs the ball more than throws. That is 3 "ball control" offenses out of 6 games. We have not found "that team" yet!

RoyceTTU
10-01-2010, 11:29 AM

Although Stephenville wasnt playing their best, they ran the ball and kept the game close for 2-1/2 quarters. Late in the 3rd quarter our team put the peddal down and started finding ways to make big plays. I'm not going to lie, teams have had success moving the ball on us, but it just seems like they've always seemed to step up the play when they absolutely had to. I hope it stays that way.

LionKing
10-01-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm assuming Brownwood has been playing teams that run the Spread alot.That means alot of clock stoppage.That gives them alot of opportunities to score with that explosive offense.I want to see how they react when they play a Team thats runs the ball well, grinds that clock and has a decent Deffense.Will they panic and start making mistakes bc their so use to putting up big numbers??? Who knows but sure would be interesting..Who is that team??? I know China Spring controlled half of the 1st qtr. before finally turning it over on downs, Stephenville did the same for the 1st half, both mostly ran the ball.

waterboy
10-01-2010, 11:35 AM

:doh: You just had to bring that one up...:D Yep. That's all it takes. That was a special team y'all had that year. I knew that game was gonna be tough, but I didn't think it would turn out the way it did. A good defense will almost always trump a good offense.

44INAROW
10-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
I know it took us at least 15 minutes to get to the front doors once they opened. The line stretched a good 200 yards at 6. Holy crap that place is unbelievable!
how many people live in Brownwood.. 18,000 to 20,000? I'd expect a crowd that size for a town with close to 20,000 (but that's just me)

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2010, 11:47 AM
:doh: You just had to bring that one up...:D Yep. That's all it takes. That was a special team y'all had that year. I knew that game was gonna be tough, but I didn't think it would turn out the way it did. A good defense will almost always trump a good offense.

helps when the QB has a bad thumb as well

LH_Tuff
10-01-2010, 11:48 AM
helps when the QB has a bad thumb as well

Didn't matter. He was running for his life the whole game. ;)

SintonFan
10-01-2010, 11:55 AM
The replay board was amazing to say the least!

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_LionsatJerrysWorld012.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=LionsatJerrysWorld012.mp4)

Well there's your problem. You can see that the other team is playing all "slow-motion" like.

That might explain Brownwood's success.:doh:

Bosqueville
10-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
how many people live in Brownwood.. 18,000 to 20,000? I'd expect a crowd that size for a town with close to 20,000 (but that's just me)

The city itself is about 20,000. But within about 5 miles I would say is another 5,000 with Early and Lake Brownwood.

bwdlionfan
10-01-2010, 12:51 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs621.snc4/58163_860078673520_23930548_45269263_6381393_n.jpg

Part of the Brownwood crowd. Depending on where you read estimates of our side were 7,000-9,000.

Estimates of All Saints side was 1,000-2,000.

All Saints had well over 1,000, I'd say maybe a little over 2,000 there. I counted in the 2nd quarter that they had the majority of 8 different seating sections filled. Brownwood's fans filled 22-24 sections, then had some scattered in the endzone.

Ernest T Bass
10-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Just wondering, why/how was this game played at Cowboys Stadium?

RoyceTTU
10-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

The pregame show described this by the FW coach in detail. The just of it was FW was going to pay to have bleachers brought in to their home field to accomodate Bwd fans. After reviewing the cost of the project, it was as much as renting Cowboy stadium. Easy decision after that.

Ernest T Bass
10-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Hmmm, probably a big wig in the organization or two with kids at All Saints as well. I know Jerry Jones Jr. sends his kids to Episcopal School of Dallas, which is in the SPC along with All Saints.

garciap77
10-01-2010, 01:43 PM

LOL

RoyceTTU
10-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Hmmm, probably a big wig in the organization or two with kids at All Saints as well. I know Jerry Jones Jr. sends his kids to Episcopal School of Dallas, which is in the SPC along with All Saints.

I thought I heard last night the JJ direct family members went to FWAS, but I could easily be wrong. It actually might of been one of JJ's partners that has kids in FWAS.

Who know its all 2nd...3rd...4th hand and you know how that goes.

Ernest T Bass
10-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I thought I heard last night the JJ direct family members went to FWAS, but I could easily be wrong. It actually might of been one of JJ's partners that has kids in FWAS.

Who know its all 2nd...3rd...4th hand and you know how that goes.

Well, I know ESD's football stadium is called the Gene and Jerry Jones Family Stadium, and JJ's grandkids go there. But, FWAS is in the same league(figuratively and literally) .

RoyceTTU
10-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Cool, I'm sure all of those metroplex private schools have many interlinking connections and my guess is most of the boosters have pockets that run much deeper than most public schools could dream of.

I still wouldn't pass up my public school education and experience for anything.

Ernest T Bass
10-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Most of the DFW privates don't have those kinda connections, but the SPC schools do. Big money in those.

RoyceTTU
10-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Most of the DFW privates don't have those kinda connections, but the SPC schools do. Big money in those.

Sorry, thats what I meant, more the SPC schools. Prep type schools.

hollywood
10-01-2010, 02:07 PM

LOL!!! Oh my. Look like? Where do you get that impression? Have you watched them this season? If not, then you truly have no idea. All you have is final scores and a bunch of talk on a message board. It's just that BW exposes any defense. Look at Sville game. Sville's D held the #1 4A team to 20 points who is averaging 37 ppg. Brownwood put 49 up and could have put more with the hammer down.

bobcat1
10-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
LOL!!! Oh my. Look like? Where do you get that impression? Have you watched them this season? If not, then you truly have no idea. All you have is final scores and a bunch of talk on a message board. It's just that BW exposes any defense. Look at Sville game. Sville's D held the #1 4A team to 20 points who is averaging 37 ppg. Brownwood put 49 up and could have put more with the hammer down. Yep the 2006 "landing" hurt a good team too in the championship game. If you have a "landing" I hope your "landing" is soft. :D

Ernest T Bass
10-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Sorry, thats what I meant, more the SPC schools. Prep type schools.

Private schools can hire part-time coaches who don't teach, so I techincally started my career in an SPC school. Coming from rural Ellis County, it was a bit of a culture shock to say the least!

hollywood
10-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Yep the 2006 "landing" hurt a good team too in the championship game. If you have a "landing" I hope your "landing" is soft. :D ;)

nobogey72
10-01-2010, 02:35 PM

I just figured that Rocket pulled some strings and threw his weight around and got it done.:D

bobcat1
10-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I just figured that Rocket pulled some strings and threw his weight around and got it done.:D Weight? Don't remind us of yesterdays video!:ack!:

BwdLion73
10-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Speaking of fans I met a couple of Alvarado fans at the game who said they just came to support Brownwood because of what they did to Stephenville.

That and they said they love to see the local private schools get killed by public schools. They were young but gave me the impression that some of the private schools in the area think their ... does not stink.

garciap77
10-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Speaking of fans I met a couple of Alvarado fans at the game who said they just came to support Brownwood because of what they did to Stephenville.

That and they said they love to see the local private schools get killed by public schools. They were young but gave me the impression that some of the private schools in the area think their ... does not stink.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Here is how the game came to be at Cowboy Stadium

All Saints stadium is very cool, but VERY small( 1500 or so)....

they started caling around about temp bleachers..For the amount it would cost to bring in enough of those it was just as affordable to play somewhere else.

So they start calling around, they find out Cowboy Stadium is in the same ball park rental wise as other nice stadiums in the area. So they call Shipley and he says lets do it..Cowboy Stadium was booked friday so they moved it to Thursday.