PDA

View Full Version : Carthage???

voicteofLeps
09-30-2010, 11:33 PM
I haven't heard much about them this year, can anybody just give me a straight forward answer to what they are and how they stand this year???

Caldwell_Raider
10-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Yeah I was wondering the same thing, you would think they would still have a pretty solid team? I'm pretty sure they have a stud LB committed to Texas right?

coach
10-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
Yeah I was wondering the same thing, you would think they would still have a pretty solid team? I'm pretty sure they have a stud LB committed to Texas right?

qb can throw the ball they have a solid d and they look like a team that can make a decent run in the playoffs

Old Tiger
10-01-2010, 01:06 AM
They lost the core of their team to graduation which was their offensive line. 4 of the starters from the two state championship teams have started since sophomores but they are now gone.

buckeyebob
10-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Carthage & Gilmer are running like "normal" teams this year. Both lost a large number to graduation (Bucs had 31). Both are usually an 8 on Week 0 and a 11 by District. This year, there has been shuffling of players, learning new positions, replacing injured warriors, etc.

There is only one Bulldog that posts here usually, my old friend oldtownag, who is a closet Buckeye, so not much has been said. He will prolly respond to this comment, so you can get the inside scoop.

The District of Doom is alive and well. Both will be in the play-offs.

cowboyandchrist
10-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Carthage has been moving players around. Stud linebacker has been hurt, alstate safety gone for the season. They do have an outstanding tailback name Holland who had 246 yards rushing against Center last Friday night scoring 63 points. Through five games, you never know which CARTHAGE team will show up. They beat 4a Jacksonville, beat Lindale who just dropped down to 3a, got blown out by Chapell Hill and 4a Nacadouches. No one knows how good or bad they will be. I believe the district winner will be betwwen Henderson Lions and G Buckeyes. Don't let the Buckeyes record fool you they are getting things in order and will be a tuff out in the playoffs.