PDA

View Full Version : Jerry's pre-season picks are up...

bulldog65
07-03-2003, 12:05 PM
Some interesting picks this year. link (http://www.texasfootballratings.com/index.html)

VWG
07-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Most surprising picks to me out of Region I is Abilene Wylie and Muleshoe. Muleshoe, from what I can tell, is in an easy district and look to be a little high in the rankings.
Abilene Wylie is a top ten in Region I, hands down. Sandifer could suit up 6 cheerleaders, 4 JV players, and the bus driver and still produce a winner.
Perryton is also way down on the list. They will need to get things together in pre-season, but if they do the Rangers will make a run in the playoffs.
Sweetwater seems a bit high, not much though. Kent Jackson is a good coach, and with the loss of Carrillo and Squires he will have to regroup. Carrillo was a once in a few years type of athlete. With another tough pre-season schedule for the 'Stangs it will be interesting to see how they come together as a team.

RBARKER
07-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Wow!!! Jerry has Barbers Hill to meet Burnet in the Semifinals in DIV I. He's probally got a screw loose, but is sure is nice to see someone giving Barbers Hill a look.

PPHSfan
07-03-2003, 03:37 PM
I don't know where to start. All I can say is WOW. Jerry must know something the rest of the Free World doesn't know.

FBmania
07-03-2003, 06:11 PM
RBARKER:
Wow!!! Jerry has Barbers Hill to meet Burnet in the Semifinals in DIV I. He's probally got a screw loose, but is sure is nice to see someone giving Barbers Hill a look.I agree RBARKER, it's nice to see us ranked that high but he's way out of wack with the early picks. He rights himself with the championship picks though.

Da Mules
07-12-2003, 04:10 PM
I think he is about a year early on Muleshoe. They had an excellent freshman group last year, and a lot of them are going to be on the varsity this year (a few made the varsity last year and two started on defense! That's impressive, no matter the size of the school.) There are some good senior and junior players.
I honestly don't know if these sophomore kids will be ready for the Friday night spotlight this year. Hang on Region 1 in 2004 & 2005 if this group of kids stays together.

audasmom7
07-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey now Jerry I like lol wink

true_blue_tiger
07-12-2003, 11:04 PM
i think Jerry is a little off on his rankings, by the how can you have somebody thats picked to lose a game in district ranked higher than a team thats supposed to go undefeated?? for example daingerfield #17 while atlanta is #18. I believe personally both teams should be ranked higher than Spring Hill anyways.

Owen B
07-12-2003, 11:45 PM
true_blue_tiger:
...how can you have somebody thats picked to lose a game in district ranked higher than a team thats supposed to go undefeated?? for example daingerfield #17 while atlanta is #18.I'm not vouching for the system, but I do understand how this could be. If you look at Jerry's power ratings, Daingerfield's is .43 higher than Atlanta's. That's saying that the two teams are pretty much equals. Jerry seems to give a three point home field advantage, which is why he picks Atlanta over Daingerfield by 3 points, even though Daingerfield's power rating is (ever so slightly) higher. If they were playing in Daingerfield this year, he would have picked Daingerfield to win.

<small>[ July 12, 2003, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Owen B ]</small>

mustang04
07-13-2003, 01:40 AM
in my opinion..i think we are a lil under-rated..but thats just my opinion, but then again we did lose some key players...but we have some more....but i think we'll be a good team at least for the next 5 years for sure, our 7th and 8th grade teams are lighting...dont even look like a west texas team