PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Going to Watch Brownwood vs All Saints?

Bullaholic
09-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm thinking about making the trip to Texas Stadium tomorrow night, if I can clear my calendar in time---anybody else going? Bet there will be more than a few 3A scouts there.

RoyceTTU
09-29-2010, 03:41 PM
I'll be there

jason
09-29-2010, 03:43 PM
i'd get there early - apparently its going to be a sellout...

BwdLion73
09-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by jason

:clap: :p

Gsquared
09-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Dont worry, I heard they are selling party passes

Deuce
09-29-2010, 03:56 PM
I think Rocket is the only one going.

BullBoy
09-29-2010, 03:58 PM
wish i could go, Brownwood is going to get dominated by All Saints....

just kidding.

Brownwood is going to show the "#1" ranked All Saints what being #1 is all about.:D

nobogey72
09-29-2010, 03:59 PM
As much as I'd like to see this monumental event, I think I'll stay home and chew on a mouthfull of tin foil:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Trashman
09-29-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm there!:D

Looking4number8
09-29-2010, 04:14 PM

No, not gonna be a sell out, prob would be more of you Stephenville fans there but they saw all they want of Brownwood on Sept 10th! Dont blame you for skipping it.

BwdLion_80
09-29-2010, 04:15 PM
I will be there! This will be my first game to see them this year! I cannot wait!

Emerson1
09-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
No, not gonna be a sell out, prob would be more of you Stephenville fans there but they saw all they want of Brownwood on Sept 10th! Dont blame you for skipping it.
Neither jason or I could care any less about how Stephenville does.

Emerson1
09-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
I think Rocket is the only one going.
Don't you mean Rocket is the only one not going? Unless he is flying in from NM

Ranger Mom
09-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Isn't that weird how you can attend a college in a certain town and people automatically think you are a fan of that towns HS football team???

orange machine
09-29-2010, 04:34 PM
My wife and i might go havent decided game at 7:30?

GrTigers6
09-29-2010, 04:37 PM
We are planning on coming if they are selling tickets at the game. Plus its my birthday so what else would be better than watching football.:D

BEAST
09-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by orange machine

Yes.

BEAST

Bosqueville
09-29-2010, 04:46 PM

Not this year anyway! :D

Bullaholic
09-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Dont worry, I heard they are selling party passes

Hey G2--swing over to Fair Park before the game and pick us up a mess of that fried beer w/cheese....:D

IrishTex
09-29-2010, 04:54 PM
No offense to Brownwood, but All Saints?????

Isn't Brownwood good enough to go after the big boys? Just asking...How did this game get scheduled? All Saints??

GrTigers6
09-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Hey G2--swing over to Fair Park before the game and pick us up a mess of that fried beer w/cheese....:D and butter :D

BEAST
09-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

Isn't Brownwood good enough to go after the big boys? Just asking...How did this game get scheduled? All Saints??

We tried to get a game from several teams. Celian included. We were turnded down from all of them. We were left with 9 games. All Saints had a similar deal happen to them where they were short a game. It was scheduled at the last minute just maybe a month or less before the season started. We were just happy to get a 10th game. Any game is better than nothing.

BEAST

IrishTex
09-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
We tried to get a game from several teams. Celian included. We were turnded down from all of them. We were left with 9 games. All Saints had a similar deal happen to them where they were short a game. It was scheduled at the last minute just maybe a month or less before the season started. We were just happy to get a 10th game. Any game is better than nothing.

BEAST

Thanks Beast...makes perfect sense now.

hollywood
09-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks Beast...makes perfect sense now.

All worked out. Kids get to play in Cowboys Stadium!:clap: No matter the outcome, it'll be a neat experience for everyone.:D

hollywood
09-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by orange machine

Come on... just a hour or so drive. What else you going to do on a Thursday night, watch Glee? lol

bwdlionfan
09-29-2010, 05:10 PM

Beast already answered your question, but I really wouldn't be surprised if All Saints is good enough to make the playoffs in some 3A districts. We will see tomorrow.

hollywood
09-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Beast already answered your question, but I really wouldn't be surprised if All Saints is good enough to make the playoffs in some 3A districts. We will see tomorrow.

Don't hold your breath. It would have to be down in Reg 4.

bwdlionfan
09-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by hollywood

Heck maybe in 5-3A this year...

1. Brownwood
2. Snyder
3. All Saints? :stirpot:

Deuce
09-29-2010, 05:42 PM
I would go if Celina wasn't so scared and would have scheduled this game!:stirpot:

Looking4number8
09-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Isn't that weird how you can attend a college in a certain town and people automatically think you are a fan of that towns HS football team???

Actually he was all over the Brownwood - Stephenville thread about how Stephenville was gonna whip us. He even made a bet on change of sig with me over the winner of that game ( I teased him about it a little after the fact but when he manned up and offered to change it, no way was I gonna insist on it). I believe he even drove to bwd for that game (sitting on Sville side) but I cant remember for sure and not going to spend the time to go look it up.... So in answer to your question, nope not weird at all how I "automatically" think he is a fan of that towns HS football team.

Pendragon13
09-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Is Jerry gonna be running the big screens for this game to end all games?

bwdlionfan
09-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Is Jerry gonna be running the big screens for this game to end all games?

Yes he is

Trashman
09-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
As much as I'd like to see this monumental event, I think I'll stay home and chew on a mouthfull of tin foil:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Might make Wylie game broadcast more interesting? :D

Emerson1
09-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I knew Sville was gonna lose. I predicted a blowout. Jason just like messing with you people because of how easily y'all get in a huffy puff.

SintonFan
09-29-2010, 06:36 PM

Bite your friggin' tongue!!!:mad:

hollywood
09-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Bite your friggin' tongue!!!:mad:

:D just having some fun. I actually lived in the arm pit of the coastal bend area, Aransas Pass, my 5th-8th grade years. Played football and ran track there and won district in the high hurdles against those little 3A's my 8th grade year. Then got the heck outta there as fast as I could to Brownwood. Aaaahhhh, much nicer. :D

:p

loco toro
09-29-2010, 09:20 PM

that made me laugh

edited for content...lhpm

SintonFan
09-29-2010, 09:53 PM
:D just having some fun. I actually lived in the arm pit of the coastal bend area, Aransas Pass, my 5th-8th grade years. Played football and ran track there and won district in the high hurdles against those little 3A's my 8th grade year. Then got the heck outta there as fast as I could to Brownwood. Aaaahhhh, much nicer. :D

I thought Ingleside was the "armpit"?:D

Well, OK...
carry on.lol

wait...

Why move to Brownwood? i heard they have birth rates like they do in europe... ie...
they don't do "anything".;) ;)
:eek:
That might be why a town of 20K has a team in 3A.

jason
09-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Not this year anyway! :D ha - i have copperas cove to fall back on - i would take them against any 3a team LOL.....

Emerson1
09-29-2010, 11:07 PM
ha - i have copperas cove to fall back on - i would take them against any 3a team LOL.....
Copperas Cove wouldn't now how to hadle
brownwoods speed.

Rocket
09-29-2010, 11:10 PM

The Maroon Locomotive is headed right at your Purple Cabooses soon enough. It ain't gonna be pretty. You won't have to go nowhere to watch that butt whoopin'... Lol

hollywood
09-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Copperas Cove wouldn't now how to hadle
brownwoods speed.

True. Ask R. Griffin III about Brownwood. lol

95mustang
09-30-2010, 12:01 AM
True. Ask R. Griffin III about Brownwood. lol

Or the name Longoria.;)

Looking4number8
09-30-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
The Maroon Locomotive is headed right at your Purple Cabooses soon enough. It ain't gonna be pretty. You won't have to go nowhere to watch that butt whoopin'... Lol

Be easy on the Wylie boys. They are prob gonna end up 3-7 this year (and make the playoffs). Remember how kind they were to us when we ended 3-7 in 08

PPSTATEBOUND
09-30-2010, 07:18 AM

Cal Preps
Brownwood (TX) 49, All Saints (Fort Worth, TX) 10

All Saints would be top 35 3A . B-Wood has played 2 worse teams this season. Saints would be a pickum with Dallas Madison.

B-Wood by 40+

bwdlionfan
09-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Cal Preps
Brownwood (TX) 49, All Saints (Fort Worth, TX) 10

All Saints would be top 35 3A . B-Wood has played 2 worse teams this season. Saints would be a pickum with Dallas Madison.

B-Wood by 40+

Thanks for the info... As I said on another post I think All Saints would be a playoff team in some 3A districts... from what you posted, in most 3A districts

Red&White_9x5
09-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Thanks for the info... As I said on another post I think All Saints would be a playoff team in some 3A districts... from what you posted, in most 3A districts

You may be right, but just curious who the 2 worse teams the Wood has played this year? I am picking Brownwood in this one by a ton, but All Saints may surprise us all with a good game

BwdLions
09-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
You may be right, but just curious who the 2 worse teams the Wood has played this year? I am picking Brownwood in this one by a ton, but All Saints may surprise us all with a good game

I'm sure they didn't mean Graham. Chill. :cool:

nobogey72
09-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
Might make Wylie game broadcast more interesting? :D

OUCH!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

PPSTATEBOUND
09-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5

Gatesville and Llano,

Cal Preps Graham (TX) 21, All Saints (Fort Worth, TX) 14

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Gatesville and Llano,

Cal Preps Graham (TX) 21, All Saints (Fort Worth, TX) 14

Funny u mentioned that..I saw All saints last year and told Coach Shipley that is who they remind me of..he said his coaches who saw them live said the exact same thing

hollywood
09-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Funny u mentioned that..I saw All saints last year and told Coach Shipley that is who they remind me of..he said his coaches who saw them live said the exact same thing

All Saints compares to Graham?

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2010, 10:23 AM
All Saints compares to Graham?

not perfectly..but when trying to compare them to someone Bwood has played

nobogey72
09-30-2010, 10:50 AM

Maroon Locomotive?????? You didn't really say that.:nerd:
Anyway I have a friend that is videoing ya'll game tomorrow for me. I want to see it because I've heard that All Saints team is fun to watch.:D :taunt: :taunt:

Rocket
09-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Be easy on the Wylie boys. They are prob gonna end up 3-7 this year (and make the playoffs). Remember how kind they were to us when we ended 3-7 in 08

That was me being easy. I held back a lot. LOL

hollywood
09-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Anyway I have a friend that is videoing ya'll game tomorrow for me. I want to see it because I've heard that All Saints team is fun to watch.:D :taunt: :taunt:

He's going to video the game tomorrow? LOL Well, he'll be a little late since it's tonight. Where you been man? In a cave?

:D

Pick6
09-30-2010, 11:03 AM

The difference is that Wylie isn't predicting a State Championship like BW was back then.

Rocket
09-30-2010, 11:04 AM

Yup... who's your superman?

hollywood
09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
All I know is if you are planning to go to the game, get there early because you do not want to miss the pregame warm up. Lots to see and hear... bells will be ringing... Lions will be roaring... bring your ear plugs, let the show begin!!

hollywood
09-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
The difference is that Wylie isn't predicting a State Championship like BW was back then.

What kind of numbers is the AW O putting up this year. That's the difference. We just didn't realize that the D wasn't going to happen until it was too late. ;)

AP Panther Fan
09-30-2010, 11:10 AM

Not nice...now I have a reason to dislike Brownwood posters (not that I was finding it that difficult before). :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Pick6

Oh heaven forbid... LOL You people crack me up. Still had a Top 3 Offense in all classifications that season. My point is it was very possible.

I will ALWAYS believe the Lions can win it all. ALWAYS. Especially this season... haha

hollywood
09-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Not nice...now I have a reason to dislike Brownwood posters (not that I was finding it that difficult before). :rolleyes:

You know, I went back to visit after I graduated and it did look a LOT nicer. They really cleaned it up. I do have to be honest that I always liked Sinton's colors... a little partial to maroon. :D Not so much purple and gold. :doh:

Go Brownwood!! :clap:

It's all good AP Panther.

MUSTANG69
09-30-2010, 12:20 PM
I thought Ingleside was the "armpit"?:D

Well, OK...
carry on.lol

wait...

Why move to Brownwood? i heard they have birth rates like they do in europe... ie...
they don't do "anything".;) ;)
:eek:
That might be why a town of 20K has a team in 3A.

Ingleside might be the "armpit" but I think Sinton is located lower down, if you get my drift.:devil:

SintonFan
09-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Ingleside might be the "armpit" but I think Sinton is located lower down, if you get my drift.:devil:

Well howdy!
It took you what, 12 hours, to finally see this?:D
Just havin some fun myself.;)

MUSTANG69
09-30-2010, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SintonFan
Well howdy!
It took you what, 12 hours, to finally see this?:D
Just havin some fun myself.;) [/QUOTE

I am somewhat bored with Brownwood threads but finally gave this one a try. I should have been more vigilant evidently. Sorry, it want happen again.:D

I actually expected a response from P4S saying "Ingleside sucks".

OldBison75
09-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Hey Rocket, is it true that the UIL has decided that Brownwood is so much better than everybody that they are instituting a new rule:

BROWNWOOD RULE:

Effective immediately, when Brownwood is more than 20 points ahead of any opponent, a new scoring systems will go into effect. Everytime Brownwood scores another touchdown, Brownwood will be awarded three points plus any successful conversion. In addition, the other three points from such touchdown will be awarded to the opposing team. It is the hope of the UIL that this will prevent Brownwood from running up embarassing scores on the lesser oponents that they have to face each week in 3A. Once this scoring system takes effect in any given game, the scoring system will remain in effect throughout the remainder of the game regardless of the score.

Sounds like the UIL might be listening to how good you guys are based on your posts.

SintonFan
09-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
[QUOTE]

I am somewhat bored with Brownwood threads but finally gave this one a try. I should have been more vigilant evidently. Sorry, it want happen again.:D

I actually expected a response from P4S saying "Ingleside sucks".

The world would be a much better place if Brownwood threads became Sinton/Ingleside threads. :cool:

MUSTANG69
09-30-2010, 01:04 PM
The world would be a much better place if Brownwood threads became Sinton/Ingleside threads. :cool: :thumbsup:

BaseballUmp
09-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Alright, so I just did a CalPreps projection matchup of Brownwood vs. the entire state of Texas...Brownwoods only losses are against Katy and Euless Trinity!!!

Red&White_9x5
09-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Alright, so I just did a CalPreps projection matchup of Brownwood vs. the entire state of Texas...Brownwoods only losses are against Katy and Euless Trinity!!!

Watch out Baseball Ump because the fact you are saying the Wood could lose to anyone will get the Rocket mighty fired up. Katy and Euless Trinity are good, but they are no competition for the Lions according to the all knowing football mind of Rocket!

RoyceTTU
09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp

But we wern't illegaly practicing during the summer. So only Katy should be counted.

garciap77
09-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Oh heaven forbid... LOL You people crack me up. Still had a Top 3 Offense in all classifications that season. My point is it was very possible.

I will ALWAYS believe the Lions can win it all. ALWAYS. Especially this season... haha

Wylie is going to beat Brownwood! LOL