PDA

View Full Version : Modern HS HC's...

Bullaholic
09-29-2010, 03:15 PM
After listening to TxB interview several 3A HC's, and reading coaches comments in newpaper articles, before and after games, I have come away impressed with the well-spoken and intelligent manner of these men from all over the state. I think the old days of the "dumb jock" HC are behind us and it seems that the majority of kids are destined to be led by some pretty smart HC's who also happen to be pretty good human beings.

RoyceTTU
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Its interesting you brought this up because I've always enjoyed listening to Shipley talk, but after listening to the mannerisms of the All-Saints coach I was very impressed.

I would have to agree that being a coach these days takes more than a whistle and a loud mouth.

wimbo_pro
09-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU

I would have to agree that being a coach these days takes more than a whistle and a loud mouth.

...which is why Rocket doesnt coach anymore. (sorry....couldnt resist).

Ernest T Bass
09-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Its interesting you brought this up because I've always enjoyed listening to Shipley talk, but after listening to the mannerisms of the All-Saints coach I was very impressed.

All-Saints is an SPC school. A very different world. At least a masters degree is required to teach there. Alot of them hold PhDs.

Gsquared
09-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
All-Saints is an SPC school. A very different world. At least a masters degree is required to teach there. Alot of them hold PhDs.
Uh oh, good thing they aint playin checkers or chess tomorrow night or the Wood would be in trouble! :eek:

Ernest T Bass
09-29-2010, 03:35 PM
All Saints would definately take the Wood to the woodshed in chess or debate!

Gsquared
09-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
All Saints would definately take the Wood to the woodshed in chess or debate!
I dunno, I know a couple of master debaters in Brownwood

RoyceTTU
09-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

Wait a sec....this is a family show

Pick6
09-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

there you go getting arguing and fishing messed up again...lol