PDA

View Full Version : Spc Vs. Tapps

RoyceTTU
09-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Does anybody know the difference between the two?

To my understanding they are both Texas Private School Sports Organizations. Other than that why is there 2?

Ernest T Bass
09-29-2010, 03:02 PM
SPC=Southwest Prepratory Conference. It includes Texas and Oklahoma and considers itself the "Ivy league" of private schools and behaves as such. It is a very exclusive league and doesn't allow new members. Very expensive, very prestigous, and are all college prep schools as oppsed to religion based schools(yes, many of them have "Saint" in the title, but they do not include Christian worship or Bible teachings).
TAPPS is a much larger, but much less-exclusive league. It is constantly evolving and is almost entirely made up of Christian schools. There are some non-religous schools, but none are based on another a religion other than Christianity(ie; no Muslim schools). TAPPS has 4 divisions for football and 6 classes for every other sport. SPC only has 2 divisions for all sports(based on competitiveness).

RoyceTTU
09-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Thank you, thats what I needed to know.

Ernest T Bass
09-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Basically, you're playing the 8th best team of very rich kids. Expect them to be very nice, respectfull, and play the game like gentlemen. In SPC, you can get fired for running up the score too many times, and I believe the home team is required to buy pizza for the visitors for varsity games.

BEAST
09-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Basically, you're playing the 8th best team of very rich kids. Expect them to be very nice, respectfull, and play the game like gentlemen. In SPC, you can get fired for running up the score too many times, and I believe the home team is required to buy pizza for the visitors for varsity games.

Are you serious? After the game they all go eat and applaud each other? What the hell man?

BEAST

Ernest T Bass
09-29-2010, 03:34 PM
I dont think they eat it together, but the visitors get pizza paid for by the home school.
They divide it up by competitiveness. Division 1 being the most competitive, and division 2 being the least. So, the #1 D2 team would be the 8th place team. Not real sure why All Saints agreed to this game.

3afan
09-29-2010, 03:37 PM
.... Expect them to be very nice, respectfull, and play the game like gentlemen. ....

LOL ...not hardly!

Ernest T Bass
09-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
LOL ...not hardly!
I wasn't being sarcastic. It's exactly what you'd expect from an "Ivy League" high school.

RoyceTTU
09-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I figured they would be nice. I actually figured we should be very nice since most of these kids will probably be running our country one of these days.

BEAST
09-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I dont think they eat it together, but the visitors get pizza paid for by the home school.
They divide it up by competitiveness. Division 1 being the most competitive, and division 2 being the least. So, the #1 D2 team would be the 8th place team. Not real sure why All Saints agreed to this game.

Hell, I was thinking they were going to be pretty good. Are you telling me they suck compared to top flight 3A teams?

Anyway, since they are the home team, I suppose our guys get pizza at Cowboy stadium.

BEAST

Ernest T Bass
09-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
they suck compared to top flight 3A teams?

Understatement of the week. Would be competitive in some 2a districts. Could be 50-0 by halftime, easily.

RoyceTTU
09-29-2010, 03:42 PM
I was trying to research the difference between SPC and TAPPS and it is my understanding that the largest private schools enrollment would only fall under the 4A classification?

BwdLion73
09-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Ivy league! Maybe some chilled salmon on a bed of lettuce and White wine.

Ernest T Bass
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I was trying to research the difference between SPC and TAPPS and it is my understanding that the largest private schools enrollment would only fall under the 4A classification?

Sounds about right.

RoyceTTU
09-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Ivy league! Maybe some chilled salmon on a bed of lettuce and White wine.

You'll have to eat it at the truck, because according to the stadium rules, all you can bring in is a wallet full of cash.

95mustang
09-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
You'll have to eat it at the truck, because according to the stadium rules, all you can bring in is a wallet full of cash.

You forgot disposable camera and a pint of blood.