PDA

View Full Version : Dallas-produced 'Lone Star' pulled from Fox schedule after 2 episodes

IrishTex
09-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Fox pulled North Texas-shot Lone Star from its schedule Tuesday, just a day after the show's second episode aired.

"Dallas has had the luxury of a lot of long-running shows, but this is not uncommon," said Janis Burklund of the Dallas Film Commission.

"It's unfortunate," she said. "It was a great-looking show."

The series, set amid the Houston and Midland oil business, was in production at the Studios at Las Colinas on its sixth episode when the announcement was made.

Fox had retained its lease on the location after shooting six episodes of short-lived ABC series The Deep End there.

Burklund said other television series pilots are looking at North Texas, where both Fox's The Good Guys and NBC's Chase are in production.

Lone Star was a critical favorite among new shows, but ratings for its pilot episode were dismal, with 4.1 million viewers. Those ratings dropped to 3.2 million for the second episode.

In comparison, the new Hawaii Five-O pulled in 12.7 million viewers. Chase had a modest 6.3 million viewers for its second episode.

Burklund said a program like Lone Star with an expensive cast, including Jon Voight and David Keith, tends to get less of a chance to find traction.

In contrast, a show such as The Good Guys, which goes on hiatus in mid-October after completing 20 episodes and which has also faced problems finding an audience, might get more of a chance to survive.

Source (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/092910lonestar.1dd4db8.html)

44INAROW
09-28-2010, 09:42 PM
dang it - I watched the 1st episode and have the 2nd one set to DVR.. I liked it...

IrishTex
09-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
dang it - I watched the 1st episode and have the 2nd one set to DVR.. I liked it...

Yeah, I guess with the way it dropped from the 1st week to the 2nd, they just pulled the plug...they don't give much slack do they?

AP Panther Fan
09-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Lone Star was a critical favorite among new shows, but ratings for its pilot episode were dismal, with 4.1 million viewers. Those ratings dropped to 3.2 million for the second episode.

What do you expect when you put it up against Monday Night Football.....:mad:

:foul: I liked the show!

44INAROW
09-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
What do you expect when you put it up against Monday Night Football.....:mad:

:foul: I liked the show!
what I dont get - they've already spent the $$ producing and filming it - why not show it at 11:00pm or something like that if they don't want to show it at prime time? I'd rather see Lone Star than a freaking infomercial :doh:

AP Panther Fan
09-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex

Burklund said a program like Lone Star with an expensive cast, including Jon Voight and David Keith, tends to get less of a chance to find traction.

I really don't care for either actor... they both made good "bad guys"....

44inarow - I don't know why they would spend so much money and then kill it so quickly. I guess it is better that they stop it now though rather than letting me watch the 3rd, 4th etc...episodes and get further hooked into the plot.:dispntd:

RoyceTTU
09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
This hoovers, i enjoyed the first episode. I'll watch the second some-time this week. Too bad it's too early in the show to have another cable network pick it up. I don't think they would have any takers with only 2 episodes airing.

I'm just glad Friday Night Lights is still hanging on by a thread. Too bad this year will be the last unless some other network can make a deal for the rights.

AP Panther Fan
09-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
This hoovers

LOL...it took me awhile to get it....hoovers = sucks.:doh:

I really should get out more.:)