PDA

View Full Version : Sideline To Sideline Week 5

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2010, 08:47 PM
http://www.meridix.com/mbp/archive/radio/index.php?liveid=sportsgram8&recordid=14334

We talk

Gilmer vs D-Field
Tatum vs Pitt
Mexia vs LH
Wylie vs LL
Wimberly vs Sealy
Injuries to two stud backs
Tragic events in Newton

Preview some key games for this week including the one we are broadcasting

So tune in!!!

Rocket
09-28-2010, 09:28 PM
So you are telling me that Wimberley last year, and Brownwood playing without Longoria and Brown, and we almost beat them, and give them 2 turnovers inside the 25, a kickoff return for TD, and they are good enough this year to hang and possibly beat Brownwood?

HMMMMMMMMM:thinking: I will have to see it to believe it.

Was Sville's O Line the same size as Wimberley? I know Myles wasn't quite the stud Smith is, but was averaging over 100 yards a game coming into the Brownwood game...and that was against Aledo and Wylie...

BEAST
09-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Rocket, we had 7 total turnovers in that game. However, without Smith, Wimberley is going to have to regroup in a hurry.

BEAST

Tin Cup
09-28-2010, 10:08 PM
I think losing Smith on D hurts them way worse than losing him at RB against a team like Brownwood. 3A secondaries aren't all that great as a whole (obviously exceptions) and then you lose a flat-out playmaker in this area and it really hurts. Wish him and wimberley the best.

Looking4number8
09-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Wish him and wimberley the best.

Actually, I wish Dennis Smith the best, I wish Wimberley the 2nd best!

Gsquared
09-29-2010, 06:57 AM
I think Wimberley could be in it for sure, as far as beating Bwood, I think they might need a little help but I think they could stay within a possesion and be in it late. Just based on what I saw. Could be wrong, stranger things have happend! :)

Looking4number8
09-29-2010, 07:38 AM
By the way guys, great show....again!

wimbo_pro
09-29-2010, 08:13 AM
yes, great show...and nice meeting you the other night G2! I think you guys hit it on the head...Wimberley is a very good team, but with Dennis Smith out, and with having to rely on him so much due to injuries, we might not be able to fill that void easily. In fact, I KNOW we cannot fill that void easily.

With Smith and a few of our injured players back, I would say we could "hang" with any team, including Brownwood <bows head>. Could we beat them? Of course we "could", but I would think they would be favored by 7-to-10 points. Without Smith and the others...? It gets worse....much worse.

Gsquared
09-29-2010, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
yes, great show...and nice meeting you the other night G2! I think you guys hit it on the head...Wimberley is a very good team, but with Dennis Smith out, and with having to rely on him so much due to injuries, we might not be able to fill that void easily. In fact, I KNOW we cannot fill that void easily.

With Smith and a few of our injured players back, I would say we could "hang" with any team, including Brownwood <bows head>. Could we beat them? Of course we "could", but I would think they would be favored by 7-to-10 points. Without Smith and the others...? It gets worse....much worse.
It was good meeting you too Wimbo!!!

Looking4number8
09-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Brownwood <bows head>.

The only thing that bothers me about this is..........................

..................... why isnt everyone else bowing there heads too... :) :)

wimbo_pro
09-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
The only thing that bothers me about this is..........................
................... why isnt everyone else bowing there heads too... :) :)

Exactly!!!!! LOL

BEAST
09-29-2010, 08:28 AM

Is Smith out completely? Or is there a chance he returns for playoffs?

BEAST

wimbo_pro
09-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Is Smith out completely? Or is there a chance he returns for playoffs?

BEAST

Hard to say, Beast. Surgery was today according to Dennis himself, so I would think that pretty much closes the door on this year. I just cant see how you can be cut open and heal well enough (on a foot, nonetheless) to play 6 weeks later. I dont see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Hard to say, Beast. Surgery was today according to Dennis himself, so I would think that pretty much closes the door on this year. I just cant see how you can be cut open and heal well enough (on a foot, nonetheless) to play 6 weeks later. I dont see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

You know if it was one pin or mutiple pins?

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2010, 07:55 AM
This is an offical BUMP..I repeat this is an offical BUMP

wimbo_pro
09-30-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
This is an offical BUMP..I repeat this is an offical BUMP

I dont know, TxBroadcaster...I know its called a Jones fracture, but not a complete fracture. If I know more, I'll let you know.

pirate4state
09-30-2010, 09:35 AM
I love shout outs :D

Gsquared
09-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I love shout outs :D
Your gonna get a couple of shout outs tonight during the Brownwood game but im gonna call you bad words!