PDA

View Full Version : Refugio?

Bullaholic
09-28-2010, 04:51 PM
How long has it been since Refugio was ranked #1 in any Class?

http://www.kfdm.com/sports/poll-39572-week-school.html

Maroon87
09-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

I wanna say 1987...or somewhere in that neigborhood.:thinking:

Bullaholic
09-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Looks like some of those great baseball players have learned to to play football ,also. How good are they this season?

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Looks like some of those great baseball players have learned to to play football ,also. How good are they this season? :confused: They play baseball in Refugio? :eek: :D

Bullaholic
09-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: They play baseball in Refugio? :eek: :D

LOL--You shall now be known as "Rockette" from now on......Ouch, did I really post that?....:inlove:

Maroon87
09-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: They play baseball in Refugio? :eek: :D

Seriously...Refugio has always been known for football and track. Not sure about the baseball team.:confused: ;)

sinfan75
09-28-2010, 05:29 PM
I think they just started playin baseball again a few years ago. Could be wrong.

sinfan75
09-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Looks like some of those great baseball players have learned to to play football ,also. How good are they this season? Refugio has always had strong football teams and is ranked in the top 10 pretty much every year.

AP Panther Fan
09-28-2010, 05:37 PM

Hmmm, I would have thought it was more recent, but perhaps not.

Bull - they are definitely a football/track kind of town....fast is an understatement.:)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Looks like some of those great baseball players have learned to to play football ,also. How good are they this season? about 22 miles south of refugio is a small town known for their baseball and some football and one year was the best in 3a in basketball, Refugio on the other hand is football and track. But it is the birthplace of Nolan Ryan!

Maroon87
09-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
about 22 miles south of refugio is a small town known for their baseball and some football and one year was the best in 3a in basketball, Refugio on the other hand is football and track. But it is the birthplace of Nolan Ryan!

SFIA...Calallen won girls basketball in 4A, not 3A.:p

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2010, 05:48 PM
SFIA...Calallen won girls basketball in 4A, not 3A.:p oops i ment 34 miles south of refugio.

AP Panther Fan
09-28-2010, 05:50 PM

Lol...I think his odometer is still off....;)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Lol...I think his odometer is still off....;) LOL!

Bullaholic
09-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Well, now that I've gotten my S.Texas sports lesson :D.....but hey---that's why I post things like this, albeit uninformed, I know I can count on some replies from folks in the know that tell me what I like to know---more about any HS team in any sport.

big daddy russ
09-28-2010, 06:03 PM

I want to say they were #1 for a stretch in the late-90's (before the Mart and Celina streaks) when they had those four or five division I kids playing on the team. One of the greatest games I ever saw was the 2000 2A Semifinal when Mart w/Quan Cosby mounted that last-minute comeback against Alex Boyd and Refugio.

sinton66
09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Well, now that I've gotten my S.Texas sports lesson :D.....but hey---that's why I post things like this, albeit uninformed, I know I can count on some replies from folks in the know that tell me what I like to know---more about any HS team in any sport.

I can tell you something else about Refugio. Back in the 60's and early 70's, my first cousin was the head coach there. They were good back then too.

SFIA was right the first time, too.:D

AP Panther Fan
09-28-2010, 06:07 PM

:thumbsup:

And as for things we don't know, we can make them up as we go.....:D

Bullaholic
09-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:thumbsup:

And as for things we don't know, we can make them up as we go.....:D

Haven't we reached our quota on that already in other threads that shall remain nameless....:inlove:

sinton66
09-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey WIMPY!!!! AP Pantherfan is a chick!:D

AP Panther Fan
09-28-2010, 06:12 PM
LOL....

Y'all are....

:1offtopc:

Bullaholic
09-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Hey WIMPY!!!! AP Pantherfan is a chick!:D

You know Mandy had me fooled for a while there, 66'....:D When I was new, I remember reading some of her posts when she was slinging zingers and I said--"Man, this is one angry dude.." Now, Ya Ya on the other hand left absolutely no doubt which side of the gender line she was on.

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 07:47 PM
You know Mandy had me fooled for a while there, 66'....:D When I was new, I remember reading some of her posts when she was slinging zingers and I said--"Man, this is one angry dude.." Now, Ya Ya on the other hand left absolutely no doubt which side of the gender line she was on.

She is still seen dancing nekid around the tree some nights.:eek:

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 07:48 PM

Dude! Stop pervertin' our SintonFanInAustin(who is now in CalCat country).:D