PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Wimberley-Sealy controversy

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 04:39 PM
OK...I can't seem to get a video clip, but I found these photos. You make your own judgment. One thing is perfectly clear...he was NOT in the end zone by a mile, as said here by a few people...it was INCHES, if at all. Secondly, remember the refs said his knee had hit before the final push, which is the last photo.

http://www.mason-photography.com/

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 04:42 PM
If you click on "gallery", and go the Wimberley-Sealy game, you can get each photo to come up.

NastySlot
09-28-2010, 04:47 PM
someone doubting an officals call in wimberley?

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
someone doubting an officals call in wimberley?

LOL@Nasty

Pudlugger
09-28-2010, 04:58 PM
If you look at the line and then his shoulders and arms he's in. Tough break for Sealy.:(

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
If you look at the line and then his shoulders and arms he's in. Tough break for Sealy.:(

Pudlugger...thats the last pic...AFTER they say his knee hit. Again, I didnt see the knee hit since I didnt have the angle. I just dont know for sure.

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
OK...I can't seem to get a video clip, but I found these photos. You make your own judgment. One thing is perfectly clear...he was NOT in the end zone by a mile, as said here by a few people...it was INCHES, if at all. Secondly, remember the refs said his knee had hit before the final push, which is the last photo.

Thanks for the pictures.

It still looks to me as if he was in. I don't buy that a ref can say that he saw the knee down in that pile before the ball crossed. That's just dumb, but it doesn't matter now anyway.

It was a fun game. Darn that Jimmie...I wanted extra football ;)

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Thanks for the pictures.

It still looks to me as if he was in. I don't buy that a ref can say that he saw the knee down in that pile before the ball crossed. That's just dumb, but it doesn't matter now anyway.

It was a fun game. Darn that Jimmie...I wanted extra football ;)

Yeah, I kind of wondered why he didnt kick the extra point, but i guess when you got Big Mo on your side, you go for it. I can see from these pics that someone could go either way on it. I just wanted to clear up the accusations on here that it was "clearly obvious" and that he was "in by a mile".

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Unless his knee hit WAY outside the pile, it looks pretty questionable that it was down. There are people underneath him as he's going across. Does knee touching peeps on the ground constitute "down"? I pretty much can't decide one way or the other from the photos. Maybe the photographer needs a bigger zoom on his camera next time there's a "questionable" call. ;)

LHdog
09-28-2010, 05:06 PM
No one should have been surprised. I predicted the outcome. Home cooking is hard to beat.

LE Dad
09-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Unless his knee hit WAY outside the pile, it looks pretty questionable that it was down. There are people underneath him as he's going across. Does knee touching peeps on the ground constitute "down"? I pretty much can't decide one way or the other from the photos. Maybe the photographer needs a bigger zoom on his camera next time there's a "questionable" call. ;) No his knee elbow or such has to contact ground. I would bet it was an elbow from those shots... I just don't see how a knee could have touched.... and the ball did not cross the plane by much.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Unless his knee hit WAY outside the pile, it looks pretty questionable that it was down. There are people underneath him as he's going across. Does knee touching peeps on the ground constitute "down"? I pretty much can't decide one way or the other from the photos. Maybe the photographer needs a bigger zoom on his camera next time there's a "questionable" call. ;)

No, having someone under you does not constitute being down.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
No one should have been surprised. I predicted the outcome. Home cooking is hard to beat.

LOL..oh quit your whining...I know a few teams who complain about YOUR home cooking!

bag-o-chips
09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Does not matter what any of us think. The 2 refs on the line saw what they saw and that is all she wrote.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
No his knee elbow or such has to contact ground. I would bet it was an elbow from those shots... I just don't see how a knee could have touched.... and the ball did not cross the plain by much.

Very true LE Dad. A close call either way.

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2010, 05:12 PM
No, having someone under you does not constitute being down.
Well, that's what I thought. Maybe he has extremely long legs. :D

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Well, that's what I thought. Maybe he has extremely long legs. :D

actually...he does. He is 6'5".

Tx Challenge
09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Nice Pics! No way can I honestly tell by those one way or the other.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Nice Pics! No way can I honestly tell by those one way or the other.

Which has been my point all along.

CenTexSports
09-28-2010, 05:23 PM
There are actually three refs looking at this. the two wing men and the umpire. If the umpire sees the ball cross (in many cases he has the best position in the middle of the field) then he will give a siginal to the wing men (usually either shaking his head yes or grabing his whistle in his fist).

The wing men have to SEE the ball cross and from these pictures it would have been hard for them to see the ball until he would have been laying in the endzone and he never got that far.

Tough call from the angle this camera gives.

Tx Challenge
09-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Which has been my point all along.

I will give that to you.....HOWEVER, my next prediction on a Wimberley home game score will be simple....Wimberley wins by a "Call" :D :D :devil:

sports mom
09-28-2010, 05:31 PM

I have seen the actual game film and it is very clear the TD was GOOD. #4 was in, on top of about 4 Wimberly players and his knees did not touch the ground before the ball crossed the goal line.

sinfan75
09-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by sports mom
I have seen the actual game film and it is very clear the TD was GOOD. #4 was in, on top of about 4 Wimberly players and his knees did not touch the ground before the ball crossed the goal line. Did the film you see shot on the goalline? If there aint a shot down the line, I don't see how anybody can tell for sure.

sports mom
09-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Did the film you see shot on the goalline? If there aint a shot down the line, I don't see how anybody can tell for sure.

This was the actual game film up close at the goal line. Two of the refs were right there and the 3rd one came over from about 10yds away, view blocked by players and he was the one that signals no good, not the two standing right there. Also, two of the Wimberly sheriff deputies that were right there also said #4 was clearly in. It was a good TD.

3afan
09-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
..... Home cooking is hard to beat.

:rolleyes:

sinton66
09-28-2010, 06:00 PM
These photos are basically taken from the same angle I had. I was behind the fence beyond the endzone. Watching it live, it appeared to me he was stopped short, but that was a bad angle to make a judgement.He was basically coming straight at me. This photographer was closer and somewhere slightly to my left. If you look at the last picture where he's laying on his back after being turned sideways, it still looks to me like the ball is short of the endzone line. I thought so watching live and I still think so after seeing these pics.

All that said, however, doesn't mean anything. It's the ref's call that matters. Good call, bad call, doesn't matter in the least. It's a done deal.

In my opinion, Wimberley outplayed them 98% of this game. Sealy got a "gift" from the ONLY mistake Wimberley made the entire game. If that hadn't happened, this would be a moot argument anyway. And I agree with P4S, he should have kicked and went to overtime.

sports mom
09-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
These photos are basically taken from the same angle I had. I was behind the fence beyond the endzone. Watching it live, it appeared to me he was stopped short, but that was a bad angle to make a judgement.He was basically coming straight at me. This photographer was closer and somewhere slightly to my left. If you look at the last picture where he's laying on his back after being turned sideways, it still looks to me like the ball is short of the endzone line. I thought so watching live and I still think so after seeing these pics.

All that said, however, doesn't mean anything. It's the ref's call that matters. Good call, bad call, doesn't matter in the least. It's a done deal.

In my opinion, Wimberley outplayed them 98% of this game. Sealy got a "gift" from the ONLY mistake Wimberley made the entire game. If that hadn't happened, this would be a moot argument anyway. And I agree with P4S, he should have kicked and went to overtime.

Kicking a field goal wouldn't have been any different than going for two, the refs would have found something to take that away from our boys also.

Enough said........there is only one person that knows what really transpired that night, oh wait 2 people the GOOD LORD and the ref. that denied the TD.

ronwx5x
09-28-2010, 06:11 PM
From looking at these photos I certainly could not make a decision. I would have to go with the call on the field. Do the refs always get it right? Of course not, but more often than not they do. The game is over.

OldBison75
09-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Based on the pictures, this appears to be no good. It does not matter where his head and shoulders are, the ball has to cross the plane of the goal line. The ball is in his stomach area and still on the field of play--not in the end zone. This is the same reason a receiver or running back can reach across the goal line with the ball while being forced out of bounds on the field side of the goal line and it is still a score--because the BALL croses the goal line.

I know these pictures are from a horrible angle to make a judgement in general, but based on the photos his shoulder pads are in the endzone but the ball is not.

sinton66
09-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Based on the pictures, this appears to be no good. It does not matter where his head and shoulders are, the ball has to cross the plane of the goal line. The ball is in his stomach area and still on the field of play--not in the end zone. This is the same reason a receiver or running back can reach across the goal line with the ball while being forced out of bounds on the field side of the goal line and it is still a score--because the BALL croses the goal line.

I know these pictures are from a horrible angle to make a judgement in general, but based on the photos his shoulder pads are in the endzone but the ball is not.

That's what I was saying too. That's how it looked live and that's how it appears in the photos. I had a bad angle admittedly, but I was a lot closer than the fans in the stands and so was this photographer..

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah, but yall are old and your eye sight isn't what it used to be :p :D

OldBison75
09-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah you are correct, I am old and can't see like I used to. But, it is the close-up vision that I have problems with. In my case it is that my eyes aren't bad---my arms are just too short.

sinton66
09-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Yeah, but yall are old and your eye sight isn't what it used to be :p :D

Probably true, but I was a LOT closer, and I was wearing my glasses.;)

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Probably true, but I was a LOT closer, and I was wearing my glasses.;) You were a LOT closer than me, but there were 3 ex-football players standing flush with the goal line that had a better angle that say he was in. :D That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

sinton66
09-28-2010, 07:08 PM
You were a LOT closer than me, but there were 3 ex-football players standing flush with the goal line that had a better angle that say he was in. :D That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Well, they were wrong. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D

and the refs back up mine.;)

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Well, they were wrong. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D

and the refs back up mine.;)

No, the refs were wrong. Certainly not the first or last time.

sinton66
09-28-2010, 07:17 PM
No, the refs were wrong. Certainly not the first or last time.

They were a LOT closer than any of us. Still doesn't matter, it's history now. No sense lamenting now.

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 07:24 PM
They were a LOT closer than any of us. Still doesn't matter, it's history now. No sense lamenting now. Really? LMAO

Sinton94
09-28-2010, 07:47 PM

Not sure how you have chance to win a game when you are "outplayed" 98% of the time and get only one gift, but I think Coach Mitchell did the right thing by going for two. I wish could have been there and judged for myself! Sounds like it was a great game! :clap:

lbjacj
09-28-2010, 07:58 PM
I have seen the actual game film and it is very clear the TD was GOOD. #4 was in, on top of about 4 Wimberly players and his knees did not touch the ground before the ball crossed the goal line.

What pics are you looking at?On top of 4 wimberley players?
Come back to reality:confused:

sinton66
09-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Not sure how you have chance to win a game when you are "outplayed" 98% of the time and get only one gift, but I think Coach Mitchell did the right thing by going for two. I wish could have been there and judged for myself! Sounds like it was a great game! :clap:

It was 31-17 until the last two minutes of the game. So 98% was a guess. It calculates out to be 97.9%. I was off a bit.

sinfan75
09-28-2010, 08:09 PM
I agree with OldBison, it don't look like the ball ever crossed the goal line.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
What pics are you looking at?On top of 4 wimberley players?
Come back to reality:confused:

EXACTLY. I have no idea what 4 players she is talking about. Look...I can understand the argument that it was a close call, and that it came down to a judgment call...even if that judgment call was wrong. But this claim that it was obvious and clearly a travesty against Sealy and was so obvious to ALL who saw it is totally proven FALSE by these photos.

It was a matter on inches at best...and add to it the claim that his knee hit the ground, (which I cannot personally attest to either way)....makes it a close call. Thats my only point.

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Don't yall know better than to argue with a mom! :D Mom's always right!

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 08:19 PM
It was 31-17 until the last two minutes of the game. So 98% was a guess. It calculates out to be 97.9%. I was off a bit.

You are so correct, Sinton66. Wimberley dominated this game almost the entire game...until the fumble with less than a minute to go. The fact that Sealy came back in the last seconds is a testament to their strength, ability and maturity. The fact that their fans say it was clearly obvious that they were robbed is a testament to "homerism'. What more proof do you need to show it was close????

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Kicking a field goal wouldn't have been any different than going for two, the refs would have found something to take that away from our boys also.

Enough said........there is only one person that knows what really transpired that night, oh wait 2 people the GOOD LORD and the ref. that denied the TD.

<<sighs>>> OK Sportsmom. Good luck the rest of the season. i hope we meet up again in the Semi's!!

Sinton94
09-28-2010, 08:25 PM
You are so correct, Sinton66. Wimberley dominated this game almost the entire game...until the fumble with less than a minute to go. The fact that Sealy came back in the last seconds is a testament to their strength, ability and maturity. The fact that their fans say it was clearly obvious that they were robbed is a testament to "homerism'. What more proof do you need to show it was close????

How did they score two TD's in less than two minutes? Prevent defense or outplayed? As far as the two point conversion, i agree the pics do not show one way or the other.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 08:29 PM
How did they score two TD's in less than two minutes? Prevent defense or outplayed? As far as the two point conversion, i agree the pics do not show one way or the other.

It was two TD's in less than ONE minute!!! It was 31-17. We fumbled a snap in the shotgun formation with the Wimberley QB standing on about our 12 yd line or so (you gotta wonder why we werent under center, but thats for another discussion). The ball deflected off his hands, and as our QB scrambled for it, it was deflected into the end zone, where Sealy jumped on it. Score now 31-24. Then..they kicked an onside kick, and got it. A few plays later, they scored. Score 31-30. They then went for two with 8 seconds left, and those are the pics you see.

sinton66
09-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Sealy drive killed by int at the five or six. Next play Wimberley had bad exchange on snap, Sealy recovered fumble in the endzone and kicked ep which made it 31-24 with a little over a minute left. Onsides successful and drove in for score which made it 31-30. After unsuccessful try for two, Sealy did another successful onsides with 7 seconds left and Wimberley stopped them

Sinton94
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
It was two TD's in less than ONE minute!!! We fumbled a snap in the shotgun formation with the Wimberley QB standing on about our 12 yd line or so (you gotta wonder why we werent under center, but thats for another discussion). The ball deflected off his hands, and as our QB scrambled for it, it was deflected into the end zone, where Sealy jumped on it. Score now 31-24. Then..they kicked an onside kick, and got it. A few plays later, they scored. Score 31-30. They then went for two with 8 seconds left, and those are the pics you see.

Got you! Wish I could have seen it myself! Good luck to both teams!:clap:

Tx Challenge
09-28-2010, 08:33 PM

Go here http://kmacsports.ezstream.com/play/index.cfm?fuseaction=embstay&id=19169A0BF2 Listen to the last few min of the game from the Sealy Broadcast

Sinton94
09-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Go here http://kmacsports.ezstream.com/play/index.cfm?fuseaction=embstay&id=19169A0BF2 Listen to the last few min of the game from the Sealy Broadcast

Cool......................thanks!

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 08:39 PM
It is impossible to tell from that angle.
Jeez, good luck to both teams in the playoffs(only if both teams go div. 1:D ).:)

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Cool......................thanks!

Good to see you back on here 94. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet again in the stands(how many years ago was that? lol).:D

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Wait a minute? I forgot!!! They called a pass interference against Wimberley with 11 seconds to go in the game????? And you call it home cooking???? Funny you dont hear Wimberely fans complaining, and nothing from the Sealy fans about THAT call.

Also, the fact the announcers say they dont know if Wimberley will go D1 or D2 in the play offs show what they know....its impossible for Wimberley to go anywhere but D2. Good lord.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 08:49 PM

Also take note that not ONE of the Sealy announcers claim that two of the refs signaled TD. The reason? None of them signaled anything until they signaled NO GOOD!!!

And the announcers said they had pushed the Wimberley defense THREE YARDS INTO THE END ZONE. anyone see three yards deep on this play?????

Another misconception cleared up.

sinfan75
09-28-2010, 08:54 PM
If Rockport don't make the play-offs Sinton would go D1. The way things are going in the land of the green Pirate that's a strong possibility.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
If Rockport don't make the play-offs Sinton would go D1. The way things are going in the land of the green Pirate that's a strong possibility.

really? So you are saying Sinton will be D1?

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 08:57 PM
I don't know Yato, unless RF has had lots of injuries they will still make noise. They have played some pretty good competition.

I just hope Sinton avoids the injury bug.:)

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 08:58 PM
really? So you are saying Sinton will be D1?

He said possibility.:p

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I don't know Yato, unless RF has had lots of injuries they will still make noise. They have played some pretty good competition.

I just hope Sinton avoids the injury bug.:) haha where have you been? we've been playing hurt all season (all 4 weeks of it) LOL

tigerball4life
09-28-2010, 10:13 PM
ok here we go. picture 1 shows Seals-Jones meets #10 and # 44 at the goal line then picture 2 shows Cass Mitchell on his side about 6" from the goal line next picture shows Mitchell on his back as Seals-Jones goes forward next picture shows Seals-Jones (a 6'-5" kid) with his waist on Mitchells waist at the 6" mark. now that is at least 3' of ball carrier over the waist of a kid on the 4" line....so if he has the ball low going in then I say you take 1/2 of that away and you still have a foot and a half of kid moving forward into the endzone....2 POINTS SEALY....
HOLD THE PRESSES LOOK AT THE MASON-PHOTOGRAPHY WEB PAGE FOR ALL THE PICS OF THAT PLAY
I think it is interesting that out of the all the pictures that could have been put on here you seem to miss the one that shows he is definitely in ...that is picture # 90371 on mason-photography web site ...shows Seals-Jones is going in with the ball clutched high and just under his chin...going backwards into the endzone (so his knee can not be down) before #76 can get there and drive him back.....as for them saying that Wimberley was driven back, I don't see but one of your D-line in the picture ...where did they go ????
and as far as our announcers not knowing if Wimberley goes D1 or D2 ...they just know anything can happen in Texas HS Football...that is also why they didn't call the SCORE until the refs did...if you are going to show the pictures please show all the pictures....mason-photography has a lot of good pics of the game ...but this one is he $$$money$$$ shot...but you better hury before that one is deleted

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 10:14 PM
haha where have you been? we've been playing hurt all season (all 4 weeks of it) LOL

ummm
not here?:(

Mean girl...:tongue: :p

YTBulldogs
09-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Also, two of the Wimberly sheriff deputies that were right there also said #4 was clearly in. It was a good TD. [/B]

Well that settles it. Law said he was in. LOL.

Tx Challenge
09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Good points. Wimbo posted pics....Most say that the call can go either way. Bad angle, not close, ect. Post some from your angel so that us not at the game game can see. I posted the Sealy broadcast for those to hear. Show us some pics. Wimbos pics dont convince anything for or against either team.

Originally posted by tigerball4life
ok here we go. picture 1 shows Seals-Jones meets #10 and # 44 at the goal line then picture 2 shows Cass Mitchell on his side about 6" from the goal line next picture shows Mitchell on his back as Seals-Jones goes forward next picture shows Seals-Jones (a 6'-5" kid) with his waist on Mitchells waist at the 6" mark. now that is at least 3' of ball carrier over the waist of a kid on the 4" line....so if he has the ball low going in then I say you take 1/2 of that away and you still have a foot and a half of kid moving forward into the endzone....2 POINTS SEALY....
HOLD THE PRESSES LOOK AT THE MASON-PHOTOGRAPHY WEB PAGE FOR ALL THE PICS OF THAT PLAY
I think it is interesting that out of the all the pictures that could have been put on here you seem to miss the one that shows he is definitely in ...that is picture # 90371 on mason-photography web site ...shows Seals-Jones is going in with the ball clutched high and just under his chin...going backwards into the endzone (so his knee can not be down) before #76 can get there and drive him back.....as for them saying that Wimberley was driven back, I don't see but one of your D-line in the picture ...where did they go ????
and as far as our announcers not knowing if Wimberley goes D1 or D2 ...they just know anything can happen in Texas HS Football...that is also why they didn't call the SCORE until the refs did...if you are going to show the pictures please show all the pictures....mason-photography has a lot of good pics of the game ...but this one is he $$$money$$$ shot...but you better hury before that one is deleted

Tiger Dad
09-28-2010, 10:27 PM
We will never see video because wimbo homer knows there coaches will never release video that obviously shows Jones-Seals in the end zone. Hang on to this one because, as sad as it is, you have lost most of your offense and a good portion of your defense with the injury of Smith. It doesn't matter what division you are, you won't be in the semis.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Show us the pics from the grassy noll.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2010, 10:31 PM
And, for the record, this was the Austin Chapter working this game.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Dad
We will never see video because wimbo homer knows there coaches will never release video that obviously shows Jones-Seals in the end zone. Hang on to this one because, as sad as it is, you have lost most of your offense and a good portion of your defense with the injury of Smith. It doesn't matter what division you are, you won't be in the semis.

I posted everything I have seen and everything I can find. I didnt delete or modify or select one pic or the other...I posted everything I can find. The point of the posting was not to change your mind, it was to straighten out your ridiculous and bogus claim that it was obvious to all, that he was 3 feet into the end zone, that the refs motioned it was good and then changed their mind (listen to your own broadcasters). These pics show it was a close call. If you have something different....post it.

Tiger Dad...here's a news flash for you. YOUR coaches also tape games. Post it. Prove your point. Show us where he was 3 feet into the end zone. Show us where the refs signaled TD, then changed their minds. Show us where you actually dominated that game.

Regarding your snide comment about our injuries...that speaks to your character.

Tx Challenge
09-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Wow, So Wimbo is a homer....That is a shock...I didnt post in the the game thread. The game is over. Did the refs screw Sealy? IDK. I stated I heard the last few min of the game live. Have heard the entire game on replay.

If you guys feel screwed, take the film to the UIL....3adl doesnt have any influence on the game..Post some pics or video here if you want ppl to say anything other than they cant tell...

Originally posted by Tiger Dad

tigerball4life
09-28-2010, 10:41 PM

these pics are from Wimberley fans web site
enter site...click on gallery...top tab is Texans 31 Sealy 30...click on it and go to page 2...there are pics on there that Wimberley poster did not post in that collage...# 9037 and 90371 show the best shot ...judge for yourself ...BEFORE THEY ARE GONE....
http://mason-photography.com/site/#/gallery/football-texans-31-sealy-30/sealy-90371/

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 10:45 PM

enter site...click on gallery...top tab is Texans 31 Sealy 30...click on it and go to page 2...there are pics on there that Wimberley poster did not post in that collage...# 9037 and 90371 show the best shot ...judge for yourself ...BEFORE THEY ARE GONE....
http://mason-photography.com/site/#/gallery/football-texans-31-sealy-30/sealy-90371/

So...you are quoting the pics I posted as pics I didnt post? Are you out of your mind?????? I posted the site for ALL the pics there. My god...you people are incredible.

BEAST
09-28-2010, 10:46 PM
In my opinion, he got in. Can't see the knees though. However, he's basically upright for the most part.

BEAST

Tx Challenge
09-28-2010, 10:47 PM
I posted everything I have seen and everything I can find. I didnt delete or modify or select one pic or the other...I posted everything I can find. The point of the posting was not to change your mind, it was to straighten out your ridiculous and bogus claim that it was obvious to all, that he was 3 feet into the end zone, that the refs motioned it was good and then changed their mind (listen to your own broadcasters). These pics show it was a close call. If you have something different....post it.

Tiger Dad...here's a news flash for you. YOUR coaches also tape games. Post it. Prove your point. Show us where he was 3 feet into the end zone. Show us where the refs signaled TD, then changed their minds. Show us where you actually dominated that game.

Regarding your snide comment about our injuries...that speaks to your character.

Hey Wimpy......Never in a lifetime would I ever think I would take up for Nelms and crew......Proof is in the pudding dude. I want to be proven wrong. No one can

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
In my opinion, he got in. Can't see the knees though. However, he's basically upright for the most part.

BEAST

and maybe you are right, Beast. It's a very close call, especially since they claim his knee touched, which I have said many time that I couldnt see from my angle at the time. the point is...its very close. Thats all. And by the way...one person who is nuetral in all this who was there says just the opposite of what you say...ask Sinton66.

Tin Cup
09-28-2010, 10:50 PM
I thought he was in too but it doesn't matter. If this was the playoffs It would be different. Bottom line is don't leave it in the refs hands. Just get it done and don't let the refs beat you. Sealy will be just fine. Wimberley was the big loser by losing Smith. I bet they'd give you the Win for Smith back.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey Wimpy......Never in a lifetime would I ever think I would take up for Nelms and crew......Proof is in the pudding dude. I want to be proven wrong. No one can

And that too is fair. I cant really tell from the photos. Honest people will say its a very, very close call. Others will stick with the "three feet into the end zone" claim. Makes you understand why some people still believe in BigFoot too.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I thought he was in too but it doesn't matter. If this was the playoffs It would be different. Bottom line is don't leave it in the refs hands. Just get it done and don't let the refs beat you. Sealy will be just fine. Wimberley was the big loser by losing Smith. I bet they'd give you the Win for Smith back.

You never know....

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 10:55 PM

By the way...my very first two posts on this thread told you to do the exact same thing. my god...you cant even be totally transparent on here with these guys.

Tin Cup
09-28-2010, 10:56 PM
You never know....

What do you mean here? I'd rather lose a meaningless nondustrict game over my best player any day. Even if you win without him you still lost him for however long he's gone.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 10:57 PM
What do you mean here? I'd rather lose a meaningless nondustrict game over my best player any day. Even if you win without him you still lost him for however long he's gone.

We shall see.

Tin Cup
09-28-2010, 10:58 PM
We shall see.

Ok I give up. HUH?!? Lol

tigerball4life
09-28-2010, 11:00 PM
WIMBRO_PRO chill dude.....the pic I meant was # 90361
http://mason-photography.com/site/#/gallery/football-texans-31-sealy-30/sealy-90361/

that is the one not in the collage when you click on your post ...if the readers want to see more than that they have to dig into the web site further..

as for the Sealy poster talking about Smith he was out of line and not how most of us feel... he is a very good player and I hope he gets back soon

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Ok I give up. HUH?!? Lol

I mean...we shall see what transpires in the coming weeks. I think Sealy should worry more about making it to the semi-finals with a chance to meet us again versus what we are going to do to get there too.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:01 PM
http://mason-photography.com/site/#/gallery/football-texans-31-sealy-30/sealy-90361/

that is the one not in the collage when you click on your post ...if the readers want to see more than that they have to dig into the web site further..

as for the Sealy poster talking about Smith he was out of line and not how most of us feel... he is a very good player and I hope he gets back soon

Thank you for that. But my second post says to go look at the pics individually...not the collage.

Tx Challenge
09-28-2010, 11:08 PM

Yeah those nondustrict games mean nothing.:cool:

Honestly I have nothing against Sealy..Best of luck, You have an awesome team! Think if you have a beef, send it to the UIL and move on...I am one that thought going for 2 was awesome. Come on. The Texans were on the ropes. Much respect for trying to end it there.

Wimberley....Congrats on the win. Best of luck against Bandera. I HATE we dont get the chance to play you guys in the regular season. How weird is that?

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah those nondustrict games mean nothing.:cool:

Honestly I have nothing against Sealy..Best of luck, You have an awesome team! Think if you have a beef, send it to the UIL and move on...I am one that thought going for 2 was awesome. Come on. The Texans were on the ropes. Much respect for trying to end it there.

Wimberley....Congrats on the win. Best of luck against Bandera. I HATE we dont get the chance to play you guys in the regular season. How weird is that?

Could be first round of the play offs...how's it looking for you guys? I think its pretty clear we will still get a play off birth...just can't say if we will win the district or not....but I think we will.

50 yard line fan
09-28-2010, 11:12 PM
I think pic 90361 is the TD. Pic 90371 is conversion.

Tx Challenge
09-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Thank you for that. But my second post says to go look at the pics individually...not the collage.

Collage? Wimbo are u a chick?

tigerball4life
09-28-2010, 11:14 PM
wimbo_pro, I stand corrected, your first two posts do give instructions, I was sent the link in an email so I jumped to page 3 to post, shame on me. all in all if I were a Texans fan I too would rather have been beaten by 3 TDs and have Smith back. he was fun to watch.
on another note I do have a friend in Aledo that does't speak very well of Lambert for leaving as an All District LB just because he wanted to play QB somewhere, I would love to hear the other side of that story.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by 50 yard line fan
I think pic 90361 is the TD. Pic 90371 is conversion.

No...they are the same play...the conversion attempt.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:16 PM

LOL...he said it first!!!

957tiger
09-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Hey Wimbo dont know if it's possible but I will try to get a clip of the game film taken from three different angles and post it. The first from behind the play and it was questionable if he was in. The second is higher and shows the runner following # 11 who is well into the endzone along with # 25 on his back for an obvious score.

The endzone shot is, well as they say the money shot as the runner never has a knee down as the official stated. The was physically impossible. The frame by frame shots show the runner clearly breaking the plane of the goaline with the nose of the ball and thats all it takes A split second and it should have been a score. The ruling that he was down is what makes this such a travesty. In the ensuing video footage the runner can be seen twisting further into the enzone falling on top of two players.

The officials blew this call big time. Whats even more frustrating was Sealy had a receiver totally uncovered who was 5 yards in the endzone. Its fun to discuss what happened, but the film is undisputable proof what happened. For those of you who are able to view the game film it will become evident that this game was determined not by the players but paid professional officials who know exactly what they failed to do.

Tx Challenge
Could be first round of the play offs...how's it looking for you guys? I think its pretty clear we will still get a play off birth...just can't say if we will win the district or not....but I think we will.

I think we will win "Dustrict" I dont think we will dankey stomp anyone....

Our Offense has to step it up. D is legit. If we stay injury free, we will give you guys a run for your money.

SintonFan

Hey!
My best friend is a chick!:p

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:21 PM
wimbo_pro, I stand corrected, your first two posts do give instructions, I was sent the link in an email so I jumped to page 3 to post, shame on me. all in all if I were a Texans fan I too would rather have been beaten by 3 TDs and have Smith back. he was fun to watch.
on another note I do have a friend in Aledo that does't speak very well of Lambert for leaving as an All District LB just because he wanted to play QB somewhere, I would love to hear the other side of that story.

Thanks for that, TigerBall. Regarding Lambert, I cannot speak to what he was thinking, but I know what his father told me. He said they had 4 businesses in the metroplex, and wanted to get out of the "big city" while their sons were still young enough to be able to start over at another school. So with one going into 11th and one going into 8th, it was now or never. So they sold (or are in the process of selling) the businesses and moved to the Hill Country. They checked out many locations that would work for them business wise (they are opening businesses in the area soon) and a location that suited their lifestyle and desires for their boys and their football. They chose Wimberley. It's a great choice, in my view.

sinton66
09-28-2010, 11:21 PM

How close did you examine that pic? Look at the Wimberley player diving directly in front of him. Look at where the RB's shoulder is in relation to that player's back. Then look where that player's back foot is. Now figure out how long that player's legs and trunk are. No way that ball is across the line in THAT pic.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
Hey Wimbo dont know if it's possible but I will try to get a clip of the game film taken from three different angles and post it. The first from behind the play and it was questionable if he was in. The second is higher and shows the runner following # 11 who is well into the endzone along with # 25 on his back for an obvious score.

The endzone shot is, well as they say the money shot as the runner never has a knee down as the official stated. The was physically impossible. The frame by frame shots show the runner clearly breaking the plane of the goaline with the nose of the ball and thats all it takes A split second and it should have been a score. The ruling that he was down is what makes this such a travesty. In the ensuing video footage the runner can be seen twisting further into the enzone falling on top of two players.

The officials blew this call big time. Whats even more frustrating was Sealy had a receiver totally uncovered who was 5 yards in the endzone. Its fun to discuss what happened, but the film is undisputable proof what happened. For those of you who are able to view the game film it will become evident that this game was determined not by the players but paid professional officials who know exactly what they failed to do.

And that is something I would like to see. Like I have said (a million times) I never saw a knee hit the ground...I couldnt from my angle. And I could accept the nose of the ball breaking the plane. The pics i posted could also indicate that...not positive. So yes, I would like to see what you are talking about. And trust me, i will have no problem in saying "yes, its obvious" if it is indeed obvious.

Tx Challenge
09-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Hey!
My best friend is a chick!:p

HA...Wimbo is decent. I think their name is Pat...Gender??? IDK..A couple of years ago, I personally gave them a LH shirt as we were spanking them. Sure they framed it.....

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:27 PM
How close did you examine that pic? Look at the Wimberley player diving directly in front of him. Look at where the RB's shoulder is in relation to that player's back. Then look where that player's back foot is. Now figure out how long that player's legs and trunk are. No way that ball is across the line in THAT pic.

thats what I thought too, Sinton66.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:28 PM
HA...Wimbo is decent. I think their name is Pat...Gender??? IDK..A couple of years ago, I personally gave them a LH shirt as we were spanking them. Sure they framed it.....

used it to wipe up our butts off the field after you destroyed us!! I think that was Dennis' first year as a 9th grader!

Tx Challenge
09-28-2010, 11:36 PM
used it to wipe up our butts off the field after you destroyed us!! I think that was Dennis' first year as a 9th grader!

Honestly I think we are even when it comes to family on one team or the other. Will say the games the past few years have been blow outs or nail biters. Loves last years game...Intense...

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 11:37 PM

Where?:confused: :D

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Honestly I think we are even when it comes to family on one team or the other. Will say the games the past few years have been blow outs or nail biters. Loves last years game...Intense...

Yeah....i didnt make that one. But the NEXT game, whenever that is, will be the "rubber match". You won the last three, we won the three previous to that.

tigerball4life
09-28-2010, 11:40 PM
the kid "diving in front of the runner ends up basicaly missing the ball carrier (clear in pic # 90371) and at the end of the play has his head in # 44's lap, so he is a non factor in the play, look on PIC # 90371 Mitchell's elbow is in the end zone and the Texan's elbow is above Mitchell's and he has the ball carrier by the "lower back" that is a kid 6'-5" tall and he is backing in so as 957tiger says the refs were full of it, there is no way his knee was down. you can't deny they blew that one.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:45 PM
the kid "diving in front of the runner ends up basicaly missing the ball carrier (clear in pic # 90371) and at the end of the play has his head in # 44's lap, so he is a non factor in the play, look on PIC # 90371 Mitchell's elbow is in the end zone and the Texan's elbow is above Mitchell's and he has the ball carrier by the "lower back" that is a kid 6'-5" tall and he is backing in so as 957tiger says the refs were full of it, there is no way his knee was down. you can't deny they blew that one.

I would agree that I cannot see (in these pics) how his knee touched. i will wait for the video that was mentioned above...the 3 views...to see it, or not see it.

sinton66
09-28-2010, 11:56 PM

I have the same explanation as before even on this pic. Even if a non-factor, his body can be used to judge distances, can't it? Just saying these pics don't PROVE anything.

Tx Challenge
09-28-2010, 11:59 PM
I would agree that I cannot see (in these pics) how his knee touched. i will wait for the video that was mentioned above...the 3 views...to see it, or not see it.

Oh Wimbo I think in pic (#i dont think so ) we see the knee touch...Good luck to both teams......Had fun with all of you. Both teams are good! Focus, and I pray you stay injury free!

TexMike
09-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Was there an extra point attempt in this game which involved a fumble that was recovered in the end zone?

sinton66
09-29-2010, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by TexMike
Was there an extra point attempt in this game which involved a fumble that was recovered in the end zone?

No, the fumble recovery mentioned resulted in the first "comeback" TD for Sealy. They kicked the extra point on that one. The pics presented here are the two point try after their second TD.

TexMike
09-29-2010, 06:43 AM
10-4 There is a "story" circulating among the zebra community that there was an extra point attempt that involved a fumble that was recovered by someone other than the fumbler in the end zone and that provided the margin of victory. As usual, sounds like someone got the facts screwed up.

3afan
09-29-2010, 07:01 AM
well the pics are certainly not conclusive either way ... best bet is to go with the officials, they had the best view - as usual

wimbo_pro
09-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
well the pics are certainly not conclusive either way ...

Which is unfortunate, either way. I am hoping the video clips that were discussed by 957Tiger will give a clearer picture of what happened. But I say you are very accurate in saying it was a very close.

sinton66
09-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
well the pics are certainly not conclusive either way ... best bet is to go with the officials, they had the best view - as usual

Agreed.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2010, 07:17 AM
all this reminds me of Gilmer vs Jasper for the State title in 04..that 2 point conversion is still debated lol

wimbo_pro
09-29-2010, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
all this reminds me of Gilmer vs Jasper for the State title in 04..that 2 point conversion is still debated lol

I wasn't around here at the time, but you gotta admit, with pics and hopefully video coming...it gives us something to talk about till this coming Friday night when anoter controversy takes over!!! I couldn't imagine what this would be like it if this was a play off game, much less a Championship game!

teetle
09-29-2010, 07:31 AM
It be over now. But now we knows why Jimmie be so mad. The refs really screwed him. That be ok. What go aroung come around. Theys will get theirs. Now Wimberly can see thats theys really lost.:D :eek: :D

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by teetle
It be over now. But now we knows why Jimmie be so mad. The refs really screwed him. That be ok. What go aroung come around. Theys will get theirs. Now Wimberly can see thats theys really lost.:D :eek: :D

correct call or not the refs did not screw Sealy..the fact with pics it is still not conclusive IMO means the refs made the right call because they made the call they think they saw

teetle
09-29-2010, 07:42 AM
2 be seeing Score 3 I guesses needs to have theys eyes corected or quits refreeing games.:D :eek: :eek: :D

wimbo_pro
09-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by teetle

Who is "they"? The refs? and you think those pics prove your point? After you said he was three yards deep in the end zone? LOL It proves you didnt know what you were talking about.

By the way, what did the UIL say to your coach? i havent heard yet.

teetle
09-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Theys be the officials. The Wimberly peoples and players cannot help that the officials are inept. I knows what i be talking about. :D :eek: :eek: :D

BEAST
09-29-2010, 08:31 AM
and maybe you are right, Beast. It's a very close call, especially since they claim his knee touched, which I have said many time that I couldnt see from my angle at the time. the point is...its very close. Thats all. And by the way...one person who is nuetral in all this who was there says just the opposite of what you say...ask Sinton66.

I am neutral as well. Im not throwing stones at the Texans. Just from those pictures, it looks like he got in. In person, it may have been completely different.

BEAST

BILLYFRED0000
09-29-2010, 08:39 AM
There is no doubt that this call is an either way call. I could see the angle that the knee could have been down as his legs were behind him but a d lineman hit him from behind and in the last pick the legs were completely different location. I would guess that it was probably down. If I had a side view I would be certain. Either way it was close enough that it would have taken a slow motion review to get it perfectly right and that is close enough. Refs made a good call cause no matter what it would be hard to prove otherwise. Thing that gets me is that both refs said the same thing. If there had been a difference of opinion then you could have played the he was in card.

juice
09-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

its not his body that has to cross the goalline but the BALL. i see his shoulders on the line and the ball on his stomach...

runtowin
09-29-2010, 10:23 AM
It is not going to change and none of you will change your opinion. It is what it is. Let it go. Maybe you will get a chance to play each other to settle it when it really matters and then there is always next year.

44INAROW
09-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by runtowin
It is not going to change and none of you will change your opinion. It is what it is. Let it go. Maybe you will get a chance to play each other to settle it when it really matters and then there is always next year.
I totally agree. I stand firm though and disagree with those that said the refs had an agenda and did this on purpose. That is aburd. :hand: Was it a bad call? I have no idea but I don't think it was done on purpose to CHEAT SEALY? NO WAY

TexState86
09-29-2010, 10:33 AM
It's done and over with 31-30, Wimberley Won, nothing is going to change. Time to focus on District and then the playoffs. The only thing that matters now is playing in that last game of the year around Christmas. Luckily Pre-District is not like the BCS!
(Yes, I do know we still have Needville to play. I'm just ready for District to start.)

wimbo_pro
09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
I am neutral as well. Im not throwing stones at the Texans. Just from those pictures, it looks like he got in. In person, it may have been completely different.

BEAST

I know you are, Beast. And I can understand why you say that too. It was that close.

wimbo_pro
09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by TexState86
It's done and over with 31-30, Wimberley Won, nothing is going to change. Time to focus on District and then the playoffs. The only thing that matters now is playing in that last game of the year around Christmas. Luckily Pre-District is not like the BCS!
(Yes, I do know we still have Needville to play. I'm just ready for District to start.)

Thats right TexasState86. And I say Sealy will be one tough team to beat in Region 3. Your boys sure as heck never gave up, when lesser teams would have. Every other team (minus Cuero) rolled over at that point. I have a lot of respect for your boys. And, by the way, so do our boys...I have talked to a few, and they told me your boys are tough as nails. Jawing aback and forth and lots of "typical" stuff going on in the pile? Yes...our boys do the same, I saw it a few times. But when all is said and done, two warriors came away nose to nose, ready to do it again. I wouldnt miss our next meeting for nothing!

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Pudlugger...thats the last pic...AFTER they say his knee hit. Again, I didnt see the knee hit since I didnt have the angle. I just dont know for sure.

hes knee never hit.. he rolled over and landed on his back ha his knee was facing the air when he was fallin towards the ground on his but