PDA

View Full Version : Texas Town Wins America’s Coolest Small Towns Award

IrishTex
09-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Gobbler football, a chupacabra, art galleries, Bahnhof Cafe fried pickles, 19th century buildings and unique people did the trick to crown Cuero, Texas as one of the coolest cities in America, and the only one inTexas by Budget Travel Magazine.

Budget Travel created an online contest where twenty-one cities were highlighted and patrons could vote for the coolest. The public voting began after the magazine received 147 nominations for coolness. The magazine staff themselves also weighed in and just this month announced that Cuero was chosen as one of the ten cities throughout the United States to be honored as “cool.”

Towns with a population of under 10,000 were eligible, but cool didn’t mean quaint. Budget Travel was looking for towns with an edge; places that were beginning to draw attention- and new residents- because the quality of life and restaurant scene, or proximity to nature. They wanted cities with an edge- defined as avant-garde galleries, not country stores

Link (http://blog.bestoftexas.com/best/texas-town-wins-americas-coolest-small-towns-award/)

AP Panther Fan
09-28-2010, 10:33 AM
They must have learned that it is the hometown of 44inarow!;)

There is not a time that I pass through Cuero that I don't want to stop and go through the antique stores. The storefronts look inviting.

44INAROW
09-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
They must have learned that it is the hometown of 44inarow!;)

There is not a time that I pass through Cuero that I don't want to stop and go through the antique stores. The storefronts look inviting.

hhmm and no phone call? ;) we could meet at Sonic again :)

AP Panther Fan
09-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
hhmm and no phone call? ;) we could meet at Sonic again :)

Notice I said there is not a time that I don't WANT to stop. I would definitely call you. It seems like when I get on the road to my sister's, I never slow down and just goof off.

I think I just need to make a special trip to Goliad (Market Days) and then on to Cuero. I know there is a neat shop in Refugio and I think there is one in Yoakum too.

:)