PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 5 GotW: Quinlan-Ford (4-0) @ Anna (4-1)

charlesrixey
09-28-2010, 07:23 AM
In honor of the bye week, i present a game that no one knows about but could feature two playoff teams.

Quinlan-Ford was a playoff team last year and made it to the second round despite a 3-7 regular season record; they have already matched their win total from last season.

Anna is looking to make the playoffs for the first time in a very long time (1979 i believe but not 100% on that) and look to battle with Commerce for the third playoff spot in 10-3A.

Both teams deserve recognition for their achievements so far this season, and this one should be a good game to watch if you are not busy on friday.

Quinlan-Ford will come in as the favorite but Anna could easily surprise.

LE Dad
09-28-2010, 09:15 AM
I think this is QFs first real test... I know zero about Anna except they are a 3A. I do not see either of these 2 teams advancing far in playoffs... who knows??

PPSTATEBOUND
09-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Anna #48 3A
Quinland #64 3A

Anna will get dumped by Pilot Point or Argyle in round 1......so no they will not make a deep run.

charlesrixey
09-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Anna is in the same district as Celina (they are about 15 miles apart on Hwy 455) and has perennially not been good for a very long time. They moved up to 3A recently and as the town has started to grow the football team has gotten progressively more competitive. A playoff appearance would be very big for them.

Quinlan-Ford has gone through ups and downs the last few years; every few years they have a 8 or 9 win season. They played Celina and Pilot Point in the playoffs after both teams moved up to 3A for the first time in 2002. I was there when GA Moore, in his first year back at PP, met QF in the playoffs and beat them with a 2pc on a touchdown scored as time expired, 23-22. They were 4-8 last year but that playoff experience has propelled them to 4-0 so far this year. I don't think they have the firepower to beat Canton for the district title but they should be in the playoffs with 7-9 wins.

icu812
09-28-2010, 03:16 PM
QF has a decent chance at the playoffs. I hear they have a new coach and are running the slot-t this year. Canton's weakness is defending the run. Plus Canton hasn't played anyone yet besides Gladewater and that was a shootout win (42-41?). I still think Lindale is the team to beat in 14-3A, they have some losses but against good teams and have much more depth than the other teams. Canton, Van, QF and Wills Point are all just decent teams and any of these could make the playoffs. Van is a question mark right now. Started strong going 3-0 with a quality win vs. Brownsboro but have lost two straight to avg teams. Part of that is due to injured players who will be back for district but part of it is also lack of a passing game and pass rush which could hurt vs. pass happy Canton, Lindale and WP. Right now I'd say Lindale and Canton are probably the top two teams but that could change. Van and WP have enough talent to turn things around in district. Having said that though if they don't play better than last week one of these teams could be looking at going 1-4 in district with their only win being vs. Rains. Hope it ain't Van we haven't had a losing season in about 10 yrs., that wouldn't be a good start for the new HC.

Don't know anything about Anna so I can't give an opinion about who will win this game.

BILLYFRED0000
09-28-2010, 03:25 PM
This may be a decent game to watch. It won't be necessarily exciting but the teams seem to be evenly matched.

charlesrixey
09-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Well Canton hasn't been able to stop very many teams so you're right that Lindale is the easy favorite, but I think Van is going to have some trouble with QF. Of course, since QF's schedule has been rather weak so far it is hard to say where they are at, other than they are somewhat better than last year.

celinaorange
09-28-2010, 09:32 PM
The head coach at Quinlan-Ford is Virgil Crow....who has been at Celina on 2 different occasions.....and is an outstanding man and an excellent coach....I wish he was still here....avery skilled person and I would like to wish him the best...

charlesrixey
09-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by celinaorange
The head coach at Quinlan-Ford is Virgil Crow....who has been at Celina on 2 different occasions.....and is an outstanding man and an excellent coach....I wish he was still here....avery skilled person and I would like to wish him the best...

i can't believe forgot to mention that!

OldNavy
09-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by celinaorange

Coach Crow is an outstanding man and entheusiastic and gifted teacher. Wish him all the best at QF.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Coach Crow is an outstanding man and entheusiastic and gifted teacher. Wish him all the best at QF.

Now theres a blast from my Nocona past.:eek:

charlesrixey
09-29-2010, 09:08 AM
I know he has also been at Scurry-Rosser but not sure about the others

PPSTATEBOUND
09-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
I know he has also been at Scurry-Rosser but not sure about the others

After Noco he made a stop at Krum.

FHS 74
09-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Who would have ever thought that these two teams would have ever been Game of the Week? Good luck to both.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by FHS 74
Who would have ever thought that these two teams would have ever been Game of the Week? Good luck to both.

I'm going.....hope its a gooder!

icu812
10-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Score I saw was 32-14 Quinlan Ford. Anybody go to this game?

OldNavy
10-02-2010, 01:17 AM
32-14 QF is what Dallas news reported as the final.