PDA

View Full Version : Sideline To Sideline Show Topics

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2010, 06:53 AM
Grant and I are recording today..any show topic ideas?

We have all the obvious topics for the week, want to know some "hidden" stories that arent as obvious

IrishTex
09-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Where can we hear the show? Any webcast?

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2010, 07:14 AM
it is at www.sportsgram.net

IrishTex
09-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
it is at www.sportsgram.net

Thanks, and is it any sports topics or just high school football?

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Thanks, and is it any sports topics or just high school football?

Just 3A

IrishTex
09-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Just 3A

Thanks for the updates...I'm following you on Twitter now...

Here might be a subject for ya'll. Do you think that kids use performance enhancing drugs? If so, do you think coaches are aware of it happeneing? Why or why not?

There were stories here in the DFW area, of kids doing that a few years ago, not sure if the current high school culture was shocked from using them after some kids lost their lives using them.

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2010, 07:26 AM

Here might be a subject for ya'll. Do you think that kids use performance enhancing drugs? If so, do you think coaches are aware of it happeneing? Why or why not?

There were stories here in the DFW area, of kids doing that a few years ago, not sure if the current high school culture was shocked from using them after some kids lost their lives using them.

u can follow me personally at http://twitter.com/Txbroadcaster

honestly io think the belief that roids in Texas HS is overblown and the testing has shown that

IrishTex
09-28-2010, 07:29 AM
u can follow me personally at http://twitter.com/Txbroadcaster

Thanks, gotcha...appreciate it.

gatordaze
09-28-2010, 07:40 AM

I remember that Plano kid that jumped from an overpass after his mom caught him with steroids and took them away from him. The steroids did not kill him directly but the combination of personality and lack of testosterone after he stopped probably put him over the edge.

Sex hormones affect personality (ask the women in my family!) Too much or too little of them cause altered behavior. If this kid was taking steroids his natural testosterone production shut off through a negative feedback loop that attempts to balance hormone levels naturally. If his mom took away his external source and his natural did not kick back in quickly he could have easily been depressed, in touble and maybe emotionally unstable to begin with. Bad combination!

People should not experiment on themselves it is dangerous. Like they say... guns dont kill people with guns do!

Rocket
09-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Talk about Brownwood/Sealy/Wimberley. G2 has seen 3 of the best 3A's play and I want to know some comparisons. Also, talk about some district previews on who to watch. We all know District 5 is the toughest district in Texas, so you can start there. haha jk It is interesting that Wylie isn't playing well, and it will be a very interesting race for the #2 and #3 spots behind Brownwood. (This is all speculating that Brownwood handles business and wins District).

RoyceTTU
09-28-2010, 08:47 AM
I would like to here about the impact of injuries. Seems like we've seen quite a few early that should sway district competition. Which teams will struggle and what teams will prevail through the injury bug?

SHSBulldog00
09-28-2010, 10:59 AM
When does the show begin?

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
When does the show begin?

We are recording it today

jason
09-28-2010, 11:01 AM
how about a preview of 3A players who have already committed to texas colleges....

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by jason
how about a preview of 3A players who have already committed to texas colleges....

We will do something like closer to that time of year, but to be honest neither Grant or I arebig into recruiting and who is going to what college

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 11:09 AM
We will do something like closer to that time of year, but to be honest neither Grant or I arebig into recruiting and who is going to what college well, are you doing the show for yourself or your audience? :tongue: :D

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
well, are you doing the show for yourself or your audience? :tongue: :D

We are doing the show for everyone but YOU :D

jason
09-28-2010, 11:14 AM
We will do something like closer to that time of year, but to be honest neither Grant or I arebig into recruiting and who is going to what college could devote a whole show to jaxon shipley and his commitment to texas and it will turn into another shipley/mccoy media frenzy...

did you know their dads were roommates in college too?? lol....

Bullaholic
09-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Each of you make a Top 3, or Top 5, ranking for each Region right now and discuss your choices. That should give some wide-area appeal.

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by jason
could devote a whole show to jaxon shipley and his commitment to texas and it will turn into another shipley/mccoy media frenzy...

did you know their dads were roommates in college too?? lol....

HOLY CRAP..THEY WERE ROOMATES!!!! LOL

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Each of you make a Top 3, or Top 5, ranking for each Region right now and discuss your choices. That should give some wide-area appeal.

we might just do that next week

I think people are confused..we have a ton of headline type of stuf to talk about with the big games last week

What I was asking for is give me a team that is flying under the radar that people are not talking about..or a player no one is talking about who is tearing it up

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 11:38 AM
we might just do that next week

I think people are confused..we have a ton of headline type of stuf to talk about with the big games last week

What I was asking for is give me a team that is flying under the radar that people are not talking about..or a player no one is talking about who is tearing it up

HOMERS! :D

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 11:39 AM
We are doing the show for everyone but YOU :D :tongue: I don't know what yall are talking about anyway, so THERE!

SHSBulldog00
09-28-2010, 12:04 PM

Augustine Abigide(Sr)
Lubbock Estacado (TX) RB 57carries 800yds 14.04avg. 200.0ypg 10TD's

Corey Davis(Sr)
Gladewater (TX) RB 98carries 1013yards 10.34avg 202.6ypg 21 TD's

Gsquared
09-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:tongue: I don't know what yall are talking about anyway, so THERE!
Dang, yous fiesty this mornin

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Augustine Abigide(Sr)
Lubbock Estacado (TX) RB 57carries 800yds 14.04avg. 200.0ypg 10TD's

Corey Davis(Sr)
Gladewater (TX) RB 98carries 1013yards 10.34avg 202.6ypg 21 TD's

Was actually gonna talk about Gladewater and Davis already but thanks for the other!