PDA

View Full Version : Gregory-Portland vs. Sinton

sinfan75
09-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Still hard to believe Sinton lost last week.Don't think it'll happen twice in a row.Pirates by 7.

sinton66
09-01-2003, 10:15 AM
Since we both lost a ton to graduation, my system doesn't apply on this one. I have no idea how to try and predict it. Do you know what the scores were on last year's JV games with them?

sinfan75
09-01-2003, 10:17 AM
About the same as this years scores I think.

sinton66
09-01-2003, 10:26 AM
I hate to admit it, but I haven't heard anything yet about this year's JV either. (Heh,Heh, where's pirate4state when we need her?) :D :D :D

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

sinfan75
09-01-2003, 10:47 AM
JVs won 21-6or 8 last week

sinton66
09-01-2003, 10:52 AM
I'd say you're prolly right then. Home field, but G-P's looking for bigtime payback, should make for a good game. I just hope they leave that "headhunter" mentality where it belongs!

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

District303aPastPlayer
09-01-2003, 10:58 AM
The loss for Sinton is a good thing. It allows them to have breathing room for later on in the season. Its also amazing how many band wagon fans there are. Cousins of mine have told me that "we are going to suck this year because we have never lost this early."

as much as i hate to say it.. Connell Davis leads GP to a 24-21 win.
Sinton 8-2 going into the playoffs.

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

Phil C
09-01-2003, 10:58 AM
It should be a good game and I agree Sinton 66 but I know that G-P coach George Harris will do what he can to have his players player clean ball. He is that type of person. Sinton will do alright this year. They are a young team with many new players in different position. I think by the time district comes around and the playoffs they will have it really together then.

sinton66
09-01-2003, 11:05 AM
I'd hope you're right about Harris, Phil, but I have to ask, he was there last year too, wasn't he? There were cheap shots taken in that game. I saw some of them. 75 is aware of another that he told me about.

Aaron, on the caller forum, King's saying Davis will sit out against Sinton.

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

sinfan75
09-01-2003, 12:15 PM
Yeah the attrempted hand stompin incident.Even if Davis is playin,I still don't see G-P winning.

sinton66
09-01-2003, 12:21 PM
Yep, that's the one. Remember the late hit on Alaniz in our endzone? 3 steps after the release and hit him square in the chest, knocking him down? I suspect, just watch, more of the same will happen Friday, and if our guys try to respond in kind, WE'LL get flagged! Now you know why I tend to "go for the throat" on their smack talkers. That stuff doesn't sit well with me at all.

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Old Green
09-01-2003, 12:23 PM
Both teams are young this year. If Sinton plays error free ball and the O-line holds off GP's fast defensive lineman the Pirate QB can pick them a part.They are suspect in their secondary.

Sinton Pirates by 3

sinton66
09-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Hope you're right my friend. Nothing I would like better than for the Pirates to make it two in a row. wink (If you can't tell, I really don't like G-P very much.) :D

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Old Green
09-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Oh Yea. I can tell.In 70'they were pretty nasty on the field then.

sinton66
09-01-2003, 12:53 PM
Dang, gotta learn how to hide my true feelings better!!! wink

Buccaneer
09-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Sinton could go 0-6 before they get a win. This is a young team with not much talent. They still will get into the playoffs in a weak district!

sinton66
09-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the board, and I sure hope you're being overly pessimistic. We should know pretty soon. At least three of the next four games should be solid tests for the Pirates.

pirate4state
09-02-2003, 01:54 PM
sinton66:
I hate to admit it, but I haven't heard anything yet about this year's JV either. (Heh,Heh, where's pirate4state when we need her?) :D :D :D This year's JV team should be pretty good. The freshman squad from last year have all moved up & of course 2 or 3 of them are on Varsity. Their (freshman) season record from last year was 9-1, they beat G-P's freshman & JV squad and almost beat Calallen's JV squad (they lost by 2). So, I expect good things from them!! AND from what I hear this year's freshman squad should also do very well. As 7th & 8th graders these kids have not lost a game in two years & they won their season opener. :) As long as they all stick together, work hard & get good grades I think all our squads are gonna have a good year. :D :D

pirateman98
09-02-2003, 03:34 PM
I hope this will be a clean game too. I was not there last year and again I will not be there this year because I live in Austin. I see Sinton winning by 7. Good Luck and Go Pirates!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2003, 04:55 PM
ill be there i live in austin :D :D :D Pirates had to many mental mistakes. if it was later in the season and more experience as a team they would have problaly pull that one off with no problem. They can turn it around quick with a good showing against GP

sinton66
09-02-2003, 06:17 PM
SintonFan_inAustin, I'm going to meet up with some of the GP fans at the seperation gate right behind the ticket house and shortly before the half. Stop by and introduce yourself. During the half, 75 and I will most likely be out at the street in front of the visitor's busses having a smoke. wink

Buccaneer
09-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Sinton has 5 sophomores and 1 freshman on the Varsity. They moved 2 players down to JV and brought 1 up this week. They brought up the big kid - Wilkerson 6'6" 250lbs and he won a starting position on the defensive line.

<small>[ September 03, 2003, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Buccaneer ]</small>

SintonFan
09-03-2003, 12:48 AM
Hey guys, I think this game will be a little tougher than the Ramondville game. Sinton is young and I think they might be a year away. GP didn't lose as much as Sinton did last year. I hope my Pirates can pull out a win, but think it'll be GP by 7.
yes, 66 I tend to be a little pessimistic... wink

Buccaneer
09-03-2003, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer:
[QB]The loss for Sinton is a good thing. It allows them to have breathing room for later on in the season.
Please give your definition of "breathing room".

SINTON81
09-03-2003, 02:14 AM
I have a feeling Sinton will pull this one out. Sinton by 7.

SINTON81
09-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Buccaneer:
Sinton has 5 sophomores and 1 freshman on the Varsity. They moved 2 players down to JV and brought 1 up this week. They brought up the big kid - Wilkerson 6'6" 250lbs and he won a starting position on the defensive line.Buccaneer, who did he beat out? What position on the line will he play?

sinfan75
09-03-2003, 04:38 AM
SintonFan:
Hey guys, I think this game will be a little tougher than the Ramondville game. Sinton is young and I think they might be a year away. GP didn't lose as much as Sinton did last year. I hope my Pirates can pull out a win, but think it'll be GP by 7.
yes, 66 I tend to be a little pessimistic... wink They lost all but 6 starters,about like Sinton.What they have that Sinton don't is an all-state caliber running back.I have to give Sinton the edge simply because they have that 1st game out of the way.I heard Sinton's O looked pretty good last week.And I think Raymondville is a lot better than people think.

sinton66
09-03-2003, 06:41 AM
Raymondville also got two very quick scores off turnovers. Hopefully this was due to the "jitters". Cut out those two, maybe add one of 'em to our side, Raymondville wouldn't have looked so good. I'm sure most of you know as well as I do that once the momentum switches, it's very difficult to get it back. Sounded to me like Raymondville got most of the breaks in the game. GP made some changes after their game with us last year, look what it did for them afterward. Patience, my friends, Patience! wink Can't wait to see how the 3ADownlow ad turns out!

<small>[ September 03, 2003, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

turbostud
09-03-2003, 07:16 AM
Sinton looked very good on their first two drives. Almost as good as they did in the playoffs last year. If Sinton played the whole game like the first two drives their is no way Rville would have won. 66 is right, the momentum bug bit Sinton.

pirate4state
09-03-2003, 08:41 AM
sinfan75:

SintonFan:
yes, 66 I tend to be a little pessimistic... wink They lost all but 6 starters,about like Sinton.What they have that Sinton don't is an all-state caliber running back.I have to give Sinton the edge simply because they have that 1st game out of the way.I heard Sinton's O looked pretty good last week.And I think Raymondville is a lot better than people think.On the Caller forum some G-P people have posted that their running back wouldn't be playing in this weeks's game due to some injury. But who knows, they could be talking out of their -you know what- wink . Either way, I'm looking forward to a great game---just like last year!! 66, can't wait to see the ad you designed wink :D

Phil C
09-03-2003, 09:08 AM
Hey to Sinton 66 only. The rest of you may stop reading. The game with Raymondville was just a scrimmage and you don't really "win" or "lose" scrimages. :)

Phil C
09-03-2003, 09:13 AM
Hey Sinton 66 if my old legs can make it I will join you at the half. For those who don't know me I will be the old guy in the black San Antonio Spurs cap. I may be wearing my Sinton T-shirt if they get some in my size but so will lots of others so it is my cap that will set me apart from the others. How about them Spurs winning the 2003 NBA Championship by beating the Nets.

BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!! :)

Phil C
09-03-2003, 09:15 AM
And the pretty thing about the Spurs winning is that everyone is happy. If Sinton beats G-P this Friday then Sinton is happy and G-P is not and vise-versa. If it is a tie no one is happy. But with the Spurs winning everyone in Sinton and G-P are happy as well as the rest of the State of Texas! :)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-03-2003, 12:09 PM
i wasnt as happy would like to have seen Dallas win it instead, but as long as a texas team won it! :confused:

sinton66
09-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Phil C:
Hey to Sinton 66 only. The rest of you may stop reading. The game with Raymondville was just a scrimmage and you don't really "win" or "lose" scrimages. :) Ok, explain why are we officially listed at 0-1 now? :D

Phil C
09-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Hey Sinton 66 I will show my explanation to you at the game Friday night. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-03-2003, 01:40 PM
u must have meant they are preseason or predistrict games that dont determine whether u make the playoffs or not. But its not a scrimmage game. Scrimmage games are played to see how ur team runs your schemes. These games are to win the game and see who how ur team is coming along. They might not count towards getting into the playoffs but it sure lets u know where u stand going into district.

sinfan75
09-03-2003, 01:42 PM
I know the REAL reason SintonFan picks G-P!His wife is from G-P and she told him that if he didn't pick G-P to win he couldn't go to the game!! :D :D :D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Oh i was wondering if the game with raymondsville had ended up tie after 4 quarters was there going to be a overtime. I thought there would be one in which each team got the ball once. But saw everybody leaving when game was over. Then the flag came out and gave raymondsville another chance and another chance and another chance. :D :D

Ray_BearKat
09-03-2003, 02:16 PM
Ok SintonFan_inAustin, that was one too many chances there. We wouldn't of been so lucky hadn't yall made the errors the, refs were just doing there job. And thats a good question because i was under the impression that the game would go into overtime as well.

<small>[ September 03, 2003, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Ray_BearKat ]</small>

SintonFan
09-03-2003, 03:36 PM
sinfan75:
I know the REAL reason SintonFan picks G-P!His wife is from G-P and she told him that if he didn't pick G-P to win he couldn't go to the game!! :D :D :D LMAO!
Man, I've got to learn to keep my mouth shut! :p :p :p

SintonFan
09-03-2003, 03:46 PM
I hope no one from Sinton tries to make excuses for the bearcat game. Just remember that those people from GP :rolleyes: are still making excuses for last year's game. Us fans need to remember that. A loss is a loss... period. Ramondville deserves credit.

I can't make the game but, I'm sure some of yall will root in my place?
http://images.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/yell.gif http://images.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/yell.gif http://images.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/yell.gif

sinton66
09-03-2003, 06:05 PM
Heh,heh, didn't pick G-P by enough? just kidding buddy. Your wife would never deny you a game. Heck she even let you out of the house to go to one with me ! She's got faith in ya bud! wink

<small>[ September 03, 2003, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SintonFan
09-03-2003, 06:45 PM
sinton66:
Heh,heh, didn't pick G-P by enough? just kidding buddy. Your wife would never deny you a game. Heck she even let you out of the house to go to one with me ! She's got faith in ya bud! wink Uhuh, I saw how jealous she was when we went to the last game. She was green allright...
err, maybe it was because you had those bean tacos that morning. eek! :p wink

Sintonz_Wrecken
09-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Hey whats up? Im new to this, but on my opinion b-tween Sinton & Gp I(personaly) see Sinton pulling it out by 13....My friend told me Who play on the team that it was just to many mistakes and that they are confident from here on out the only game they think if they lose would be to BURNET of course 3a FAVORITES....

sinton66
09-03-2003, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the classiest football board on the planet. I think the Pirates are gonna be ok this year. I'll let all of you know in about four weeks what I'll predict.

Buccaneer
09-04-2003, 02:01 AM
SINTON81:

Buccaneer:
Sinton has 5 sophomores and 1 freshman on the Varsity. They moved 2 players down to JV and brought 1 up this week. They brought up the big kid - Wilkerson 6'6" 250lbs and he won a starting position on the defensive line.Buccaneer, who did he beat out? What position on the line will he play?He replaced the Johnson Kid who was hurt last week at defensive tackle.

<small>[ September 04, 2003, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: Buccaneer ]</small>

Buccaneer
09-04-2003, 02:11 AM
SintonFan_inAustin:
Oh i was wondering if the game with raymondsville had ended up tie after 4 quarters was there going to be a overtime. I thought there would be one in which each team got the ball once. But saw everybody leaving when game was over. Then the flag came out and gave raymondsville another chance and another chance and another chance. :D :D Sinton and Raymondville had agreed before the game that there would be no overtime and the game would end in a tie.

Buccaneer
09-04-2003, 02:14 AM
sinton66:
Welcome to the classiest football board on the planet. I think the Pirates are gonna be ok this year. I'll let all of you know in about four weeks what I'll predict.In four weeks ? Nothing like going out on a limb !

SINTON81
09-04-2003, 07:57 AM
Buccaneer, thanks for the info.

Phil C
09-04-2003, 10:48 AM
It probably is a good idea in the first games of the year to go ahead and take the tie if applicable. No need to risk injuries. After all the district games and playoff games are the ones that are important.

sinton66
09-04-2003, 04:36 PM
Buccaneer:

sinton66:
Welcome to the classiest football board on the planet. I think the Pirates are gonna be ok this year. I'll let all of you know in about four weeks what I'll predict.In four weeks ? Nothing like going out on a limb !I don't really know a whole lot about our jv program from last year except for what 75 told me on this thread. I don't like to predict if I feel I don't have enough to go on. Once I figure out what kind of team we have, I'll be making predictions again. wink

Buccaneer
09-04-2003, 04:59 PM
sinton66:

Buccaneer:

sinton66:
Welcome to the classiest football board on the planet. I think the Pirates are gonna be ok this year. I'll let all of you know in about four weeks what I'll predict.In four weeks ? Nothing like going out on a limb !I don't really know a whole lot about our jv program from last year except for what 75 told me on this thread. I don't like to predict if I feel I don't have enough to go on. Once I figure out what kind of team we have, I'll be making predictions again. wink Sinton JV last year was not very good. This year the Varsity has around 22 seniors. Most are dead meat and will not play very much. The whole offensive line are juniors with the exception of Lamb at tight end. Ramirez at QB is a sophomore but a great athlete but is going to make rookie mistakes.Franco,jr, at RB is a good back but not as good as we have had the last 3 yrs. I can't see us beating GP or Rice or West Oso and its toss ups with Cuero and Orange Grove and Mathis. But I will be in the stands rooting for them!

sinfan75
09-04-2003, 05:54 PM
Well how did they go 8-2 if they weren't very good.If I remember right the only two losses were to Rice and Mathis.I guess the other teams weren't very good including G-P and Cuero right?

PhiI C
09-04-2003, 10:33 PM
I will be at the separation fence behind the ticket office at 7:00 P.M. in case some of the Portland friends want a frajita since I am not sure they will be selling any on their side. I will be the old guy in the black San Antonio Spurs cap. See you all there. Hopefully the rain will stop.

Buccaneer
09-05-2003, 09:00 AM
PRECURSOR OF THINGS TO COME : Last nights JV Score

Sinton JV 0 GP JV 42

Phil C
09-05-2003, 09:18 AM
On the other hand Buc the Sinton Freshman won 16 -12 so maybe that is more of indications of things to come. We will see.

Ray_BearKat
09-05-2003, 09:20 AM
How much of a prediction do JV and Freshmen games have on a Varsity game? Sinton's JV beat Raymondville's JV by a good margin last week. Anyways good luck Sinton, hope yall can pull it off.

3afan
09-05-2003, 09:36 AM
How much of a prediction do JV and Freshmen games have on a Varsity game? -- NONE

sinton66
09-05-2003, 10:14 AM
Ray_BearKat:
How much of a prediction do JV and Freshmen games have on a Varsity game? Sinton's JV beat Raymondville's JV by a good margin last week. Anyways good luck Sinton, hope yall can pull it off.Well, I was talking about LAST YEAR'S JV games, since most of them are on VARSITY this year. The only prediction system I use has to have history behind it. When both teams together have graduated between 35 and 40 starters, where else would I look for info?

pirate4state
09-05-2003, 10:52 AM
sinton66:

Ray_BearKat:
How much of a prediction do JV and Freshmen games have on a Varsity game? Sinton's JV beat Raymondville's JV by a good margin last week. Anyways good luck Sinton, hope yall can pull it off.Well, I was talking about LAST YEAR'S JV games, since most of them are on VARSITY this year. The only prediction system I use has to have history behind it. When both teams together have graduated between 35 and 40 starters, where else would I look for info?66, he was referring to Buccaneer's post of:

PRECURSOR OF THINGS TO COME: Last nights JV Score
Sinton JV 0 / G-P JV 42

I don't think he was referring to anything you posted. wink Gonna send you a PM...give me a sec. :)

sinfan75
09-05-2003, 11:57 AM
Well one thing for sure they ain't gonna be playin on dry ground.Gonna be a muddy one tonight.That could work in G-Ps favor seein how they mainly a runnin team.

Phil C
09-05-2003, 01:13 PM
It may work out ok though Sinton Fan. The sun is shinning bright in Sinton right now. If it doesn't rain anymore it may be a decent field after all. We will see.

big daddy russ
09-05-2003, 02:13 PM
Hey guys... it's been a while since I've been on here but I just had to get in on this discussion first thing. I said it long before the season started and I still think the same... Sinton's one of those teams that's going to take a while to gel. Buc, they may not seem as talented because of the players you've had the past three years, but they are more talented than many teams in the state. I do believe they will lose to G-P this weekend, and I don't know how close or lopsided it's going to be. But one way or the other Sinton will come around right about the time that district starts and will steamroll into the playoffs. They're just trying to adjust to their new identity right now. They don't have Adrian back there anymore, and have a completely new face to their squad. But I'd put them third in the Region out of the D-I teams right now, just behind Wharton and, of course, Burnet. They do play in a tough district, probably one of the two toughest districts in Region IV, and once they get things together, they'll be dangerous.

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

Buccaneer
09-06-2003, 02:51 AM
Did yall see the same game I did ? The most suprising factor was that GP was not very good. Besides Davis' run before the 3rd TD he did not do much. They were quick on defense with good pursuit. Sinton gave them short fields of 25 & 30 yds after their fumbles. And GP's 3rd touchdown came as a result of a poor punt. Sinton's offense sputtered all night except for TD drtve. The offensive line worked very hard but seemed to miss an assignment on every play. Lamb and Kastner were both open several times where a well-placed ball would have resulted in a score. After Franco went down nobody could run the ball. It is going to be a long ball game Thurs in Victoria. I'll stick with my orginal prediction 0-6 and still will make playoffs in a very weak district!

sinfan75
09-06-2003, 04:26 AM
I agree with ya Buc.As soon as Sinton learns to hang on to the ball they'll win some games.I'm still tryin to figure out why they didn't pass more on 1st and 2nd downs since the runnin game was doin zilch.

sinton66
09-06-2003, 08:40 AM
That can only be accounted for in one way, the offensive game plan. Like I said last night, it looked like our OC didn't want the win unless he could get it on the ground. What happened to the balanced attack we ran for the last for years?

Sinton simply made a bunch of youthful errors. The "D" looked very good. G-P will be happy with the win, and they should. But, if they were looking for a source of satisfaction and redemption for last year's game, they'd have to be pretty hard up to take it from this one. Even the last touchdown right before the end of the game was a fluke. Yes, their "D" batted the ball, but it wasn't smart play that made it go right to another G-P player. That was sheer dumb luck.

I hope our three starters will be ok for Thursday, if not, Buc's right, it's gonna be a long game.