PDA

View Full Version : Who will it be??

OldBison75
09-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Every year, it seem like there are one or two teams that really come together late in the year and propel themselves into the playoffs and make a good strong run. This year has already seen the likes of Cuero, Carthage, Gilmer, Navasota, Bridgeport, Sealy, Giddings, Prosper, and others take it on the chin in pre-district. Granted, some of those have lost games to pretty darn good teams and there have been a few surprise losses.

Add in that there have been some pretty high profile injuries and WOS lost thier starting QB in a real tragedy. Many preseason highly regarded teams have had some problems early in this season.

Who do you think will be the surprise teams or the teams that will gel at the right time and make a run?

Give me Sealy and Gilmer, they are both showing the signs that they have the athletes to make life tough on future opponents. I also believe that Bridgeport will bounce back and be tough at playoff time, as will Giddings.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Shoot me but I'm a homer. I'm sure some would say LH wouldn't be a surprise, and others would say "no way!". But, I think our tough predistrict schedule has prepared us for the 2nd season. 5-0 is my thought, at this point. Then watch out. ;)

bobcat4life
09-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Gilmer. With all their athletes they could be very tough if they get on a roll. I wouldnt want to play them come playoff time

d0tc0m
09-28-2010, 12:37 AM
I think brownwood will be a trendy darkhorse pick come postseason time. might surprise some people to see them return to relevancy! In all seriousness though, I think Mexia could surprise some people with a decent playoff run. I'm not sure you could call Sealy a surprise, but I think they'll put together a nice run, barring injuries of course. And the verdict is still out on Chapel Hill, but look out for them. after their loss to Whitehouse, they've kinda turned it on. It'll be interesting to see how they do the rest of the way.

trojan37
09-28-2010, 12:58 AM
I still say watch out for Kennedale. The district matchup between them and Alvarado should be a good one!

TheDOCTORdre
09-28-2010, 04:58 AM
Sweetwater:D

coach
09-28-2010, 05:06 AM
fairfield