PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a pair out there?

juice
09-27-2010, 12:11 PM
I am tired of all the whining. this is a football board. Is there anyone with any cojones at all that can get on here and talk some football like a man? cause I havent seen that. This board needs a new sherriff boys.. Who will step up?

Caldwell_Raider
09-27-2010, 12:17 PM
huh ummmm :confused:

Renegade
09-27-2010, 12:18 PM
There's a new sherriff in town that goes by the name Renegade.

baseballcoach13
09-27-2010, 12:21 PM

garciap77
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by juice
I am tired of all the whining. this is a football board. Is there anyone with any cojones at all that can get on here and talk some football like a man? cause I havent seen that. This board needs a new sherriff boys.. Who will step up?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Whatcha wanna talk about?? Lots of good football talk on here.

Funny thing is I think you will find there are a few without a "pair" that can talk football also.:D

Rocket
09-27-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm your huckleberry.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I'm your huckleberry.

Greatness there my friend.

What do you want to talk about?

Juice what team do you follow?

ccmom
09-27-2010, 12:37 PM

I have new pair of fabulous shoes!! Does that count? :D

teetle
09-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Pancho bes the man. He be telling it likes it is.:D :eek: :eek: :D

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 12:58 PM
I think Juice threw his worm in the 3ADL waters
and caught this...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s283/DaHustla_07/fishing_for_shark_lol.gif:D

buff4ever
09-27-2010, 01:40 PM

you be an intelligent one huh?:D

buff4ever
09-27-2010, 01:43 PM
juice andf send the house should post to each other by private message. That would be some intersting stuff right there.

Rocket
09-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Greatness there my friend.

What do you want to talk about?

Juice what team do you follow?

Let's talk about the rise of the effective Spread vs. the overall weak 3A secondaries that are just now having to learn to stop the pass first offenses instead of the dominant run first offenses that have dominated 3A over the years.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Let's talk about the rise of the effective Spread vs. the overall weak 3A secondaries that are just now having to learn to stop the pass first offenses instead of the dominant run first offenses that have dominated 3A over the years.

It definitely has changed the landscape, I remember when we were younger, say 10-15 years ago I remember we had 5 or 6 plays, none of them passing that we ran very well. Sweep left, sweep right, lead up the middle, ect. My senior year we went to the "flex bone" and had the athletes to run it, we still ran the ball ALOT but start passing much more. I think the days of 10 in the box that worked for a certain team for a while are over.

hollywood
09-27-2010, 01:50 PM

I bet China Spring can relate to that statement.

DaHop72
09-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Says the man who started a thread with this:

I dont know if this is true or not but I hear that "BODY" is a coach and walks around the field house in his boxers....When asked what the hell he was doing he reportedly said "when you look as good as me......this is what you do"

I hope thats not true, but if it is i think i'm gonna puke :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

baseballcoach13
09-27-2010, 01:56 PM
See...what had happened was......

wimbo_pro
09-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad

Funny thing is I think you will find there are a few without a "pair" that can talk football also.:D

LE DAD IS A CHICK?????

hollywood
09-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
LE DAD IS A CHICK?????

Or maybe a steer!!!:eek:

Rocket
09-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
It definitely has changed the landscape, I remember when we were younger, say 10-15 years ago I remember we had 5 or 6 plays, none of them passing that we ran very well. Sweep left, sweep right, lead up the middle, ect. My senior year we went to the "flex bone" and had the athletes to run it, we still ran the ball ALOT but start passing much more. I think the days of 10 in the box that worked for a certain team for a while are over.

Passing A LOT more and passing first are 2 entirely different things. Running the ball out of the pass is what I am talking about. When a team can do this effectively, it is like shocking these 3A defenses that have no clue. This is where 3A is WAY behind and this is why I say there is not a 3A team out there that can stop a healthy Brownwood team.

For instance, China Spring looked at our gamefilm and then looked at our size. They were very confident coming in that they were going to run the ball at will. But what happened to them is they did not score on the first possession of the game, nor the 2nd, nor the 3rd... All would agree CS has good size and a good running game and if Brownwood's defense were not so scrappy, they might have turned a couple of those early drives into scores. So Brownwood stops, then Brownwood exposes their secondary, badly. Before you know it, Brownwood has easily hung 21 and kicking the ball off to China Spring again. NOW, CS has to attempt to throw the ball against a very good secondary. The problem is this, now that CS is behind, they have to pass and passing is something they just weren't very good at, because they had focused on the run first. Now the gameplan is ineffective for CS. Game over.

The problem is this. These teams that run first will fall into a hole fast if they do not score early. If they do score early, an effective spread has the advantage to hurt most 3A secondaries and hurt them faster than the run first offense. The effective Spread executed offense has a head and shoulders advantage on the run first offense. Now of course, there are teams with run first offense with a stop the run first defense, but run the ball and stop the run formula for success is slowly fading away...

3A better wake up...

Right now, if you want to win in 3A, pass first, stop the run. Game over.

rojosgirl
09-27-2010, 02:03 PM

AMEN! :iagree:

44INAROW
09-27-2010, 02:11 PM
LE DAD IS A CHICK?????
OMG - LOL Wimbo :clap:

wimbo_pro
09-27-2010, 02:16 PM

3A better wake up...

And you base this on....???

This is where 3A is WAY behind and this is why I say there is not a 3A team out there that can stop a healthy Brownwood team.

there also wasnt a 3A team who could stop Liberty Hill either.

Rocket
09-27-2010, 02:18 PM
And you base this on....???

there also wasnt a 3A team who could stop Liberty Hill either.

Basing all this on what I have seen since Brownwood dropped to 3A.

Brownwood has never had trouble moving the football, even when we converted a WR who had never played QB to a QB. LOL Got it? Brownwood didn't stop the run in 2008 and it cost them

LH? They ran the ball and stopped the run. Did it quite well. Exceptionally, I would say. But as teams get more into the true spread and do it effectively, they will hurt these run first, stop the run offenses...

Pass the ball + Stop the run = Win

Rocket
09-27-2010, 02:20 PM
LE DAD IS A CHICK?????

DUH :doh:

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 02:27 PM
LE DAD IS A CHICK????? I was talkin bout you and Bullsfan....:D Ya'll always throw posters off with your gender neutral SNs... Ya need a girly SN like Bubbles or Rocket or something.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 02:30 PM

LH? They ran the ball and stopped the run. Did it quite well. Exceptionally, I would say. But as teams get more into the true spread and do it effectively, they will hurt these run first, stop the run offenses...

Pass the ball + Stop the run = Win Yeah everyone knows that Gilmer team LH beat was a running team. :doh:

Charlie47
09-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Renegade
There's a new sherriff in town that goes by the name Renegade.

Would you like spellings lessons?;)

3afan
09-27-2010, 02:35 PM

rookie ...

Cowboy_Up
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Didn't Gilmer run the spread last year?

Old Tiger
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
I am tired of all the whining. this is a football board. Is there anyone with any cojones at all that can get on here and talk some football like a man? cause I havent seen that. This board needs a new sherriff boys.. Who will step up? child please

pancho villa
09-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Most of you numbnuts would not know one secondary coverage from shineola. Let alone any technique used in a game.

wimbo_pro
09-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Rocket, I do not disagree that the spread seems to be the wave of the future. I also agree that when run properly and with the athletes, it is powerful. Since going to the spread, we have been a lot more competitive, but at the same time, we had the athletes to make it work...but more importantly, we had the athletes to make a solid defense.

I guess my point would be if you have a great defense, any well-run offense (with athletes) will make you competitive. I dont see the spread as the biggest reason some teams win it all...they ALL seem to have a kick butt defense. It seems Brownwood <bows head> has that this year as well.

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Rocket, I do not disagree that the spread seems to be the wave of the future. I also agree that when run properly and with the athletes, it is powerful. Since going to the spread, we have been a lot more competitive, but at the same time, we had the athletes to make it work...but more importantly, we had the athletes to make a solid defense.

I guess my point would be if you have a great defense, any well-run offense (with athletes) will make you competitive. I dont see the spread as the biggest reason some teams win it all...they ALL seem to have a kick butt defense. It seems Brownwood <bows head> has that this year as well. The "Spread" is old.... Get ready for the "Pistol".:D

hollywood
09-27-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm kinda of partial to the "Boomerang". Lostaussie, know anything about this one?
All these names for offensive schemes is hilarious.

gatordaze
09-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Passing A LOT more and passing first are 2 entirely different things. Running the ball out of the pass is what I am talking about. When a team can do this effectively, it is like shocking these 3A defenses that have no clue. This is where 3A is WAY behind and this is why I say there is not a 3A team out there that can stop a healthy Brownwood team.

For instance, China Spring looked at our gamefilm and then looked at our size. They were very confident coming in that they were going to run the ball at will. But what happened to them is they did not score on the first possession of the game, nor the 2nd, nor the 3rd... All would agree CS has good size and a good running game and if Brownwood's defense were not so scrappy, they might have turned a couple of those early drives into scores. So Brownwood stops, then Brownwood exposes their secondary, badly. Before you know it, Brownwood has easily hung 21 and kicking the ball off to China Spring again. NOW, CS has to attempt to throw the ball against a very good secondary. The problem is this, now that CS is behind, they have to pass and passing is something they just weren't very good at, because they had focused on the run first. Now the gameplan is ineffective for CS. Game over.

The problem is this. These teams that run first will fall into a hole fast if they do not score early. If they do score early, an effective spread has the advantage to hurt most 3A secondaries and hurt them faster than the run first offense. The effective Spread executed offense has a head and shoulders advantage on the run first offense. Now of course, there are teams with run first offense with a stop the run first defense, but run the ball and stop the run formula for success is slowly fading away...

3A better wake up...

Rocket?? Is that you? That was an awesome post and I agree in concept with almost everything that you said. I would agree that the time is approaching where a good spread team is a danger to the typical 3A defensive scheme IF you are talking about an exceptional athletic class. It takes several great athletes to execute the spread.

A couple of years ago Frisco Wakeland came to Celina with a D1 coaches son QB (now at FSU) and the hottest O in North Texas. Celina shut him down and held them to 25 yards of total offense. That was the outcome because they did not have the talent across the board that you guys have today.

Celina was able to put so much pressure on him that he literally was throwing the ball away instead of completing passes. Celina picked him early and put them behind and then applied enormous pressure while eating every possible second off the clock. They could only run 1/2 the plays that they would normally run because Celina controlled the clock. Could we do that against Bwood? Probably not as you also have a better than average Oline and a solid defense that could make our brand of ball control difficult.

Not many 3A's will have the talent on both sides of the ball that you have today, so until teams like Celina that "need to wake up" are proven obsolete it is still debatable.

Daingerfield, Prosper, Carthage, TCA, and Argyle of the past couple of years have thumped us because they had more and better athletes than our coaches could out scheme, not because their scheme was better. You can isolate 1, even Shipley you cant stop 4-5 that are better than any 1 you have.

Daingerfield is the only one left that is scary good and they have just not graduated all of their studs. Carthage still has a playmaker or two, Argyle lost their best Dlineman and the jury is still out but they seem solid but Propser and TCA are just bad without the talent of their recent success.

It is a special year in Bwood, enjoy it If you can repeat it with consistency you have a great coaching staff. If not, you had a great class or 2. Celina should not junk the scheme that made them who they are because another team can put together a great class.

Great athletes trump good coaches Great coaches trump good athletes. Great coaches and great athletes are pretty unstoppable in 3A.

lostaussie
09-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
I'm kinda of partial to the "Boomerang". Lostaussie, know anything about this one?
All these names for offensive schemes is hilarious. Nope, but I already like it:D

Rocket
09-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Great athletes trump good coaches Great coaches trump good athletes. Great coaches and great athletes are pretty unstoppable in 3A.

Agreed.

Matthew328
09-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Most of you numbnuts would not know one secondary coverage from shineola. Let alone any technique used in a game.

LOL

bobcat1
09-27-2010, 08:02 PM

3A better wake up...

Right now, if you want to win in 3A, pass first, stop the run. Game over. Nice post! It is true as long as you can stop the run and your receivers don't get jammed at the line long enough to throw off the timing the least little bit causing errant passes and/or consistent pressure and/or sacks and interceptions.

If you can't stop the run the number of chances your high octane offense has will be limited. I know this is a lot of ifs especially to your team this year but this is what I have observed to spread teams when pressure is applied number 1 to the QB and secondly to the receivers leaving the line. Their speed and route running is severly negated if they are on their butts.:D

Eagle 1
09-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Canadian runs the spread offense and beats 3A teams.
Goldthwaite runs the wishbone.
So much for that theory.

Old Green
09-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Let's talk about the rise of the effective Spread vs. the overall weak 3A secondaries that are just now having to learn to stop the pass first offenses instead of the dominant run first offenses that have dominated 3A over the years. 3A teams have seen the spread offense before. Matter fact Coach Shipley introduced 3A to the Spread in 2002 & 2003. Worked good Till they met up with Everman and Gainesville. The spread is good when you have the atheletes. Brownwood just happens to have them. Somewhere out there some 3A school just might have a couple of MacBeth's.

Eagle 1
09-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
3A teams have seen the spread offense before. Matter fact Coach Shipley introduced 3A to the Spread in 2002 & 2003. Worked good Till they met up with Everman and Gainesville. The spread is good when you have the atheletes. Brownwood just happens to have them. Somewhere out there some 3A school just might have a couple of MacBeth's.

The spread is good until you come up against a defense that can defend it.
The same can be said about any offense.

d0tc0m
09-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Being away from Texas for so long, I don't really get to see any new trends developing. But here in Fayetteville, AR, and the rest of the SEC country for that matter, the "Pistol Offense" has taken off. Are there currently any teams in Texas running this style of football? To my knowledge I do know of any, but was just curious if it had caught on at all in the lonestar state yet.

eagleqb_14
09-27-2010, 09:11 PM
I am tired of all the whining. this is a football board. Is there anyone with any cojones at all that can get on here and talk some football like a man? cause I havent seen that. This board needs a new sherriff boys.. Who will step up? then get off the board. go find another one

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2010, 09:31 PM
3A teams have seen the spread offense before. Matter fact Coach Shipley introduced 3A to the Spread in 2002 & 2003. Worked good Till they met up with Everman and Gainesville. The spread is good when you have the atheletes. Brownwood just happens to have them. Somewhere out there some 3A school just might have a couple of MacBeth's.
Burnet happened to have a TON of athletes in those years. I'd have to go back to look, but I know of 3 and maybe as many as 5 (just thinking off the top of my head!) that went D1 out of those classes.

Rocket
09-27-2010, 09:32 PM

They better have more than 2. ;) And both of those may stop Shipley. The play calling and route running is more highly evolved than it was at Burnet and with twice the weapons...I know what you are saying. As of right now, I don't know of an Everman or Gainesville lurking. If Celina is #2, we are sitting pretty as the D2 favorite, and D1 if it comes to that... But I know the Lions have to get it done. For sure.

Rocket
09-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
The spread is good until you come up against a defense that can defend it.
The same can be said about any offense.

And that proves my point exactly. The run defense is great in 3A. Wylie had an awesome defense last year and strong DL, but the Gilmer Spread ate their lunch.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2010, 09:41 PM
And that proves my point exactly. The run defense is great in 3A. Wylie had an awesome defense last year and strong DL, but the Gilmer Spread ate their lunch.
Well, I don't have a "pair" so I probably have no business posting on this thread, but...regardless of what offense you run, if you have superior athletes to the other team(s), the chances are pretty darn good that you win.

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Being away from Texas for so long, I don't really get to see any new trends developing. But here in Fayetteville, AR, and the rest of the SEC country for that matter, the "Pistol Offense" has taken off. Are there currently any teams in Texas running this style of football? To my knowledge I do know of any, but was just curious if it had caught on at all in the lonestar state yet. Henderson is running it. Seems to give a little better play action look. Up where you are at is where alot of the Spread teams got their ideas from. Innovators like Gus Mahlzon and Billy Dan Dawson were running what is now called the Spread back in the 80s and 90s. I said it on another thread earlier the Pistol is coming.

CenTexSports
09-27-2010, 09:51 PM
There has been a lot of great arguments on all possibilities but one. I can not believe that it has not been discussed. I have heard this from almost every coach around and nobody has mentioned the one formation that can not be beat. Great players + Great coaches can never beat the diamond formation run by this group. See answer below:

Five bad officials!

sinton66
09-27-2010, 10:26 PM

LOL, I thought for sure someone would have corrected his spelling mistake by now.:D

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
LOL, I thought for sure someone would have corrected his spelling mistake by now.:D
Which one? Cajones or sheriff?

sinton66
09-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Both.:D (forgot about the other one, lol.)

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Both.:D
Maybe they didn't want to make him feel stupid. :devil: ;)

sinton66
09-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe they didn't want to make him feel stupid. :devil: ;)

That would be a first!.:D

BullsFan
09-27-2010, 11:45 PM
LE DAD IS A CHICK?????

See, this post made me laugh out loud.

I was talkin bout you and Bullsfan....:D Ya'll always throw posters off with your gender neutral SNs... Ya need a girly SN like Bubbles or Rocket or something.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And then this one almost made me spit Diet DP all over my laptop. LOL!!!

Bubbles the BullsFan

d0tc0m
09-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Henderson is running it. Seems to give a little better play action look. Up where you are at is where alot of the Spread teams got their ideas from. Innovators like Gus Mahlzon and Billy Dan Dawson were running what is now called the Spread back in the 80s and 90s. I said it on another thread earlier the Pistol is coming.

Henderson runs it eh? Yeah the Pistol is what most teams are running here. I got to see Bama beat my Hogs with it this past saturday. And I've watched Springdale Har-Ber (nationally ranked somehow) a few times this year and they run Pistol about 99% of the time. I really didn't like it at first, but the more I watch it the more it grows on me. It does help out in the PA department, and it really allows a RB with good vision to watch a hole develop and run downhill. The teams I have seen run it still seem to have a spread mentality, or no huddle gameplan. It'll be interesting to see if anyone else in Texas adopts this system.

Daddy D 11
09-28-2010, 12:39 AM
No way in hell this years Brownwood team has more talent then 02 and 03 Burnet.

d0tc0m
09-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Time will tell.

Daddy D 11
09-28-2010, 12:49 AM
Brownwood, as of right now doesn't even have two Division 1 recruits.

Burnet had a handful lol
Not to mention, Burnet also put 2 in the National Football League.
Brownwood might put one, Jaxon. Probably will actually.

I dunno what the Brownwood QB's stats are like, but McGee didn't throw an interception during the regular season his senior year. Can't beat that.

I'm not downgrading Brownwood as a team. But as far as stud talent, no way they compare to McGee and Shipleys teams.

d0tc0m
09-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Haha yeah those were good teams, but if memory serves correct, and it does, burnet lost in the big dance to a Gainesville team that had a ton of talent. But I agree with you Daddy D, those burnet teams were loaded. How fun life would be if we could just take one team, send them back in time to play the great ghosts of high school football's past.... maybe one day.

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2010, 08:43 AM

BULLSFAN IS A CHICK?!!!!!!!!!!

95mustang
09-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

:confused: As of right now Shipley and Longoria have both verballed to Division 1 schools. By the end of the year there may be more. I am not comparing this year Brownwood team to the Shipley/McGee team because their numbers speak for themselves.

pancho villa
09-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Oh sure spread is great, and run is great, and talent is great. But not one person here knows how any of it really works. How do you teach these schemes? Why do they work, how do you defend space aginst spread compared to the tight formations of the run game. Or why some teams come right at you and some are all about misdirection. Both in spread and run attacks. This all being said all the Brownwood fans on here are numbnuts!

LIONS
09-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Any offense is good if you have the kids to run it. When Liberty Hill won state they couldnt have running the spread. They didnt have the kids to run it. They ran what best fit there kids, and ran it to perfection. The spread is flashy and is a great offense, but only if you have the kids to execute it.

LIONS
09-28-2010, 09:13 AM
And the pistol is not some new thing, Nevada has been running it for quite some time. Its still spread, just a little different.

pancho villa
09-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by LIONS
Any offense is good if you have the kids to run it. When Liberty Hill won state they couldnt have running the spread. They didnt have the kids to run it. They ran what best fit there kids, and ran it to perfection. The spread is flashy and is a great offense, but only if you have the kids to execute it.

Are you kidding me?

LIONS
09-28-2010, 09:20 AM
All im saying is there are many coaches who live by the spread, and refuse to adapt even when they dont have the athletes to run it. They run it regardless.

LE Dad
09-28-2010, 09:20 AM
And the pistol is not some new thing, Nevada has been running it for quite some time. Its still spread, just a little different. It is newer to the HS level. Very few HS teams are running it in Texas. It combines Spread and I formation.

LIONS
09-28-2010, 09:22 AM
All it does is move the running back from beside the qb to behind him and put him deeper, and scoot the qb up. It does have one distinct advantage, it really makes play action out of the spread better.

hollywood
09-28-2010, 09:34 AM

Burnet had a handful lol

I dunno what the Brownwood QB's stats are like, but McGee didn't throw an interception during the regular season his senior year. Can't beat that.

I'm not downgrading Brownwood as a team. But as far as stud talent, no way they compare to McGee and Shipleys teams.

:smoker: LOL. Dude, you are right. Brownwood doesn't have any D1 talent. :rolleyes:Burnet had great teams when Shipley was there. If you look at McGee's and Jordan Shipley's stats, they were mind boggling for HS numbers especially at the 3A level. Also, I do want you know that even Bob said it himself last Friday night, Jordan's numbers were so great because they had to go to him. Not the case with Jaxon on this Brownwood team. As he said, Brownwood has so many weapons this year that they can spread it around on any given play.

LE Dad
09-28-2010, 09:35 AM
All it does is move the running back from beside the qb to behind him and put him deeper, and scoot the qb up. It does have one distinct advantage, it really makes play action out of the spread better. Very true...It also allows RB to be more of a downhill runner.

Rocket
09-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Definitions

Cajones means drawers(as in a wooden desk). Often confused with the word cojones which means testicles.:D

Cajones is latin for spanish nuts.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Cajones is latin for spanish nuts.

As in "The Three Cajones"? Larrysimo, Curlisimo, and Mo-isimo?

bobcat1
09-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Nice post! It is true as long as you can stop the run and your receivers don't get jammed at the line long enough to throw off the timing the least little bit causing errant passes and/or consistent pressure and/or sacks and interceptions.

If you can't stop the run the number of chances your high octane offense has will be limited. I know this is a lot of ifs especially to your team this year but this is what I have observed to spread teams when pressure is applied number 1 to the QB and secondly to the receivers leaving the line. Their speed and route running is severly negated if they are on their butts.:D Rocket's response was not found. :thinking:

Rocket
09-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Oh sure spread is great, and run is great, and talent is great. But not one person here knows how any of it really works. How do you teach these schemes? Why do they work, how do you defend space aginst spread compared to the tight formations of the run game. Or why some teams come right at you and some are all about misdirection. Both in spread and run attacks. This all being said all the Brownwood fans on here are numbnuts!

Wow, you are just a genius. Please enlighten us with your football knowledge, oh master of all things football. LOL

Please, by all means...

Rocket
09-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Nice post! It is true as long as you can stop the run and your receivers don't get jammed at the line long enough to throw off the timing the least little bit causing errant passes and/or consistent pressure and/or sacks and interceptions.

If you can't stop the run the number of chances your high octane offense has will be limited. I know this is a lot of ifs especially to your team this year but this is what I have observed to spread teams when pressure is applied number 1 to the QB and secondly to the receivers leaving the line. Their speed and route running is severly negated if they are on their butts.:D

You missed the well executed aspect. By well executed I mean blocking is there. Trust me, Celina has not seen a Spread attack like Brownwood has this year. If Celina wants to jam WRs at the line, Celina will get BURNED because all Brownwood would do is drop a WR right in that open zone. And fast. I love it when Brownwood goes no back and 5 WRs. Have fun with all that jamming...

Playing mediocre spreads and passing attacks all season will be a far cry from what they would have to deal with against Brownwood. Secondaries are literally worn out and left guessing. Too many weapons.

bobcat1
09-28-2010, 12:42 PM
You missed the well executed aspect. By well executed I mean blocking is there. Trust me, Celina has not seen a Spread attack like Brownwood has this year. If Celina wants to jam WRs at the line, Celina will get BURNED because all Brownwood would do is drop a WR right in that open zone. And fast. I love it when Brownwood goes no back and 5 WRs. Have fun with all that jamming...

Playing mediocre spreads and passing attacks all season will be a far cry from what they would have to deal with against Brownwood. Secondaries are literally worn out and left guessing. Too many weapons. I didn't miss the well executed part. I just left it out. I assumed both would execute to the best of their ability should they meet in let's say the D1 Championship game.. Hard to get to that open zone on your butt though. I am sure Brownwood is all that and a bag of chips but some defensive coordinators have schemed successfully against the spread before and they will again, athletes or no athletes.

Let's say the WR got knocked on their cans the first 3 possessions yet the running team drove the football eating the clock and scored on their first 3 possessions, how much time is left? Don't forget when you score you have to give the ball back to the time eating running game with runners that are trained to drive through tacklers and never to go out of bounds. (Brings to mind McCartney and Waldrip in 06 and 07.) What then Rocket? It can happen. Just Saying.......

MUSTANG69
09-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Cajones is latin for spanish nuts. :rolleyes:

Matthew328
09-28-2010, 12:50 PM

Burnet had a handful lol

Jaxon Shipley-verbal to Texas
Derek Longoria-verbal to SMU
Kevin Vacarro-will be a Division 1 recruit more than likely

icu812
09-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Talent and coaching is what makes teams successful not the spread offense. Nothing worse than a spread team without the horses to run it. That team would be much better off not putting their over matched athletes in space. The spread is the monkey see monkey do offense right now, heck, 7 of the 9 games my son's jr. high team play this year are against spread teams (and my sons is to btw). Most of these teams spend a considerable amount of practice time playing catch and running routes instead of blocking and tackling. It shows on the field.

As far as 3A defenses not knowing what to do with a spread offense. That is non sense. A great defense is a great defense and will destroy the spread just like another other. I've seen it many times at the 3A level.

Sounds like some folks have bought into what their coaching staff is selling. Nothing wrong with that. Just know its success is based on talent, then coaching and not the offense being run. Without talent not only does the spread not work, it goes backward. IMHO, it may maximize great talent but it also exposes mediocre talent.

BwdLions
09-28-2010, 01:47 PM
No way in hell this years Brownwood team has more talent then 02 and 03 Burnet.

Better go back to Hell and check again. It's true. :cool:

Daddy D 11
09-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Better go back to Hell and check again. It's true. :cool:

Lol, the difference in 2 NFL players on a 3A team and 2 division 1 commits, one of which is SMU, not A&M like McGee was... is huge.

95mustang
09-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Lol, the difference in 2 NFL players on a 3A team and 2 division 1 commits, one of which is SMU, not A&M like McGee was... is huge. We will just have to wait a few years to see if there are NFL players on this team.

Rocket
09-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Lol, the difference in 2 NFL players on a 3A team and 2 division 1 commits, one of which is SMU, not A&M like McGee was... is huge.

Id rather have 8 studs that can get it done on offense and defense than 2 studs on offense that end up in the NFL. Oh and in 3A... Lol

sinton66
09-28-2010, 06:52 PM
LOL. I know of one team years ago that made it all the way to the semifinals running nothing but a straight T and power I. Unfortunately they got 50% of their studs hurt in the regional game (the butt-kickingest football game I've ever seen) so they got beat.

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Id rather have 8 studs that can get it done on offense

A-HA!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!

LOL

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
:smoker: LOL. Dude, you are right. Brownwood doesn't have any D1 talent. :rolleyes:Burnet had great teams when Shipley was there. If you look at McGee's and Jordan Shipley's stats, they were mind boggling for HS numbers especially at the 3A level. Also, I do want you know that even Bob said it himself last Friday night, Jordan's numbers were so great because they had to go to him. Not the case with Jaxon on this Brownwood team. As he said, Brownwood has so many weapons this year that they can spread it around on any given play.
He seriously said that? I guess he forgot about all the rest of the kids playing. Granted, Jordan was the main "go to" guy, but he certainly wasn't the only one McGee "had" to throw to. :doh:

Burnet had a handful lol

Mason Templeton, Razorbacks
Eddy Parker, Georgia Tech
Eddie Rollman, University of Arizona

That's just the ones I could remember names off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure there were others. :nerd:

Rocket
09-28-2010, 07:39 PM

You need to watch Brownwood play. Soon.

GrTigers6
09-28-2010, 07:42 PM
I would rather have a team of talented players than have one or two d1 players and then the rest mediocre. Just my opinion

Daddy D 11
09-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Id rather have 8 studs that can get it done on offense and defense than 2 studs on offense that end up in the NFL. Oh and in 3A... Lol

The difference in a stud. And the difference in an NFL player is astronomical. Your 8 studs on offense don't equate to what McGee and Shipley could do on their own at the time. Then throw in the other three Division 1 recruits next to the TWO FUTURE NFL PLAYERS and shazaam (lol) you have more talent than the 2010 Brownwood squad.

I don't understand why anyone could even argue this? I am not saying Brownwood isn't the better team, though I doubt they are. But, I am just saying talent wise you cannot argue with the 2002-2003 Burnet talent when talking about 2010 Brownwood talent. It's laughable.

Pure, raw, uncoachable talent: Burnet 02-03>Brownwood 10

Daddy D 11
09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He seriously said that? I guess he forgot about all the rest of the kids playing. Granted, Jordan was the main "go to" guy, but he certainly wasn't the only one McGee "had" to throw to. :doh:

That's just the ones I could remember names off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure there were others. :nerd:

Ty Kuhn went to ACU also I believe. We aren't even talking about Reyes, Levins, or Turner lol

Daddy D 11
09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
You need to watch Brownwood play. Soon.

Pay for my dinner and ticket? I'm in. I'll even do a home game.

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Ty Kuhn went to ACU also I believe. We aren't even talking about Reyes, Levins, or Turner lol
Yeah, I knew he went to ACU, but I was only pointing out the D1 players, since that's the only real scholarship. ;) (Don't forget Patrick Miller!)

zebrablue2
09-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Pay for my dinner and ticket? I'm in. I'll even do a home game.

I think rocket should treat all of the 3adownlow to a game and dinner that want to come:D

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 08:25 PM

Was that the linebacker who dominated games? That whole team was loaded, offense and defense.
I forget the names, but I remember scouting Burnet for the downlow in '02 when they played against AND killed Bandera. I called sinton66 that night telling him, "Uh oh, this team will give Sinton fits". Sinton was ranked no.1 or 2 the whole season until they played Burnet. That game drew 16,000+ fans... lol.
That whole Burnet squad was freakin' incredible. :eek:
No way this year's Brownwood team is so much better than then... and we won't even mention Everman.:D

BTW, that year Bandera won the state title in Div. 2.:nerd: :D :D

Rocket
09-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I think rocket should treat all of the 3adownlow to a game and dinner that want to come:D

Man, I am not going to any more home games this season. I will be at Snyder and Wylie and most of the playoffs.

zebrablue2
09-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Man, I am not going to any more home games this season. I will be at Snyder and Wylie and most of the playoffs.

LOL!!!

Matthew328
09-28-2010, 09:25 PM

I forgot about those three...

Tin Cup
09-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Daddy D please come watch Brownwood play. You may not change your mind on who has more talent but you will be shocked how talented Brownwood is.

At times, the difference between a D1 athlete and a D2 or 3 athlete could be something like size and nothing about talent. Or an injury. For example, Graylon Brown is underrated as a QB in Brownwood bc we've had a couple D1 QB'S come through Brownwood in the last 10 years or so. I had no idea how good he could be and is right now bc he got hurt last year. I don't care how many D1 players you have or don't. It certainly helps having players like this but it won't win Brownwood or any other team a state championship without the others doing their part.

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
It certainly helps having players like this but it won't win Brownwood or any other team a state championship without the others doing their part.

As good as Burnet, Bridge City, Bandera, Sinton, Forney and too many other teams were those years('01-02)...
Everman was the shiznit.
Brownwood is new to 3A... we 3A have our history, too, you know.;)

I love it when folks guarantee a class 3A championship. It tends to produce humbleness.

Tin Cup
09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
I think Brownwood fans, myself included, thought we had a lot better chance of winning state titles in 3A rather than 4A when we dropped. I still do but this doesn't mean I think 3A is a cakewalk by any means. I just think the upper tier of 4A is a lot stronger than 3A top 5 or so year in year out with exceptions like '09 Gilmer they were just flat out nasty lol. 3A is some good, fun football!

Rocket
09-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
As good as Burnet, Bridge City, Bandera, Sinton, Forney and too many other teams were those years('01-02)...
Everman was the shiznit.
Brownwood is new to 3A... we 3A have our history, too, you know.;)

I love it when folks guarantee a class 3A championship. It tends to produce humbleness.

What happens when it does happen? LOL

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 10:44 PM
I think Brownwood fans, myself included, thought we had a lot better chance of winning state titles in 3A rather than 4A when we dropped. I still do but this doesn't mean I think 3A is a cakewalk by any means. I just think the upper tier of 4A is a lot stronger than 3A top 5 or so year in year out with exceptions like '09 Gilmer they were just flat out nasty lol. 3A is some good, fun football!

I did quote you, my friend, but maybe I should have quoted someone else(or two).;)
We are amused by emotions run rampant sometimes, but at the end of the day emotions are just what they are. Not quite concrete... not quite always justifiable...
but something that can skew our current perspective in a concrete and justifiable way(at least to ourselves).:doh:

Sorry TC, I should have not quoted you on this.:)

Tin Cup
09-28-2010, 10:46 PM
We all know you are talking about Rocket it's ok. He likes the attention HAHA

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 10:47 PM
What happens when it does happen? LOL

Dude, you have,
"Brownwood Lions 2010: Rule the air, rule the world." in your signature.
When does what happen? I am confused...:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
09-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Daddy D please come watch Brownwood play. You may not change your mind on who has more talent but you will be shocked how talented Brownwood is.

At times, the difference between a D1 athlete and a D2 or 3 athlete could be something like size and nothing about talent. Or an injury. For example, Graylon Brown is underrated as a QB in Brownwood bc we've had a couple D1 QB'S come through Brownwood in the last 10 years or so. I had no idea how good he could be and is right now bc he got hurt last year. I don't care how many D1 players you have or don't. It certainly helps having players like this but it won't win Brownwood or any other team a state championship without the others doing their part.

Oh don't misunderstand where I stand in the whole scheme of things lol

I know yall are loaded. I knew yall would be this good when you hired Shipley. I remember specifically saying on here yall would be this good in a few years because of how great of a coach he is! I'm not doubting that yall might win it all either. Like I stated last week, I would just be worried that yall are playing SO good right now. It's such a long season and so many variables come into play that could change everything in a matter of seconds. Or it could be gradual downshift and before you know it you cough up a lung and you're out in the 4th round lol ya know what I'm saying?

I know yall can beat everyone, and probably should. But do I think you will? No I do not. BUT, once I see yall play, I might change my mind lol who knows?

What I do know is I have my 3rd midterm in 4 days on Thursday and I've been at the library for over 20+ in the past 2 and a half days. That's not including how much I was in here last week prepping for everything. So I am dead beat tired, and I will still probably study for another 3 hours tonight haha I'm taking a food break right now and found an empty computer to talk some smack on:D

Back to studying....

bobcat1
09-30-2010, 11:25 AM

Playing mediocre spreads and passing attacks all season will be a far cry from what they would have to deal with against Brownwood. Secondaries are literally worn out and left guessing. Too many weapons.
I didn't miss the well executed part. I just left it out. I assumed both would execute to the best of their ability should they meet in let's say the D1 Championship game.. Hard to get to that open zone on your butt though. I am sure Brownwood is all that and a bag of chips but some defensive coordinators have schemed successfully against the spread before and they will again, athletes or no athletes.

Let's say the WR got knocked on their cans the first 3 possessions yet the running team drove the football eating the clock and scored on their first 3 possessions, how much time is left? Don't forget when you score you have to give the ball back to the time eating running game with runners that are trained to drive through tacklers and never to go out of bounds. (Brings to mind McCartney and Waldrip in 06 and 07.) What then Rocket? It can happen. Just Saying....... Still waiting........

garciap77
10-02-2010, 07:33 AM
LE DAD IS A CHICK?????

And you base this on....???:D

garciap77
10-02-2010, 07:37 AM
I was talkin bout you and Bullsfan....:D Ya'll always throw posters off with your gender neutral SNs... Ya need a girly SN like Bubbles or Rocket or something.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL

garciap77
10-02-2010, 07:38 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
10-02-2010, 08:01 AM

:eek:

Rocket
10-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Dude, you have,
"Brownwood Lions 2010: Rule the air, rule the world." in your signature.
When does what happen? I am confused...:rolleyes:

What happens when I guarantee a SC and it happens?

Is Brownwood ruling the air? Are they ruling the world? Yup. Undisputed, clear, dominant #1 team.

Rocket
10-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Still waiting........

Lol Brownwood COULD win a state championship and blow every team away.

You're a funny dude. You don't think any of these DC's have thought about all that? Yeah go ahead and jam Shipley. Try it one time. It would be ridiculous how open he would be right off the line. That's not a gamble any smart DC will make. Also, the deal is this, the all run offense HAS to score EVERY time they get the ball. One mistake and Brownwood WILL put them in a hole and jack the game plan up. Brownwood's defense isn't getting any love. They stop teams and then the offense cash's in. Brownwood now has 25 consecutive scoring drives with the #1 Offense.

There are also aspects of the Brownwood offense that have not even been revealed yet! You people don't even know...

To sum it up, anything COULD happen. To say a team can line up and eat clock and score every time they have the ball is like saying Brownwood could beat the crap out of everybody, and that scenario is much more possible than yours...

LE Dad
10-02-2010, 04:47 PM
What happens when I guarantee a SC... Thus far

not much....:D

bobcat1
10-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Lol Brownwood COULD win a state championship and blow every team away.

You're a funny dude. You don't think any of these DC's have thought about all that? Yeah go ahead and jam Shipley. Try it one time. It would be ridiculous how open he would be right off the line. That's not a gamble any smart DC will make. Also, the deal is this, the all run offense HAS to score EVERY time they get the ball. One mistake and Brownwood WILL put them in a hole and jack the game plan up. Brownwood's defense isn't getting any love. They stop teams and then the offense cash's in. Brownwood now has 25 consecutive scoring drives with the #1 Offense.

There are also aspects of the Brownwood offense that have not even been revealed yet! You people don't even know...

To sum it up, anything COULD happen. To say a team can line up and eat clock and score every time they have the ball is like saying Brownwood could beat the crap out of everybody, and that scenario is much more possible than yours... I didn't say any DC. Celina is not one dimensional this year, but you don't need to know that. Either scenario can happen, but Brownwood most likely won't beat the crap out of everyone. It may right now because of schedule. The games get tougher in late November and December remember.... oh wait you weren't born yet. :D I couldn't help it.:p

Rocket
10-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I didn't say any DC. Celina is not one dimensional this year, but you don't need to know that. Either scenario can happen, but Brownwood most likely won't beat the crap out of everyone. It may right now because of schedule. The games get tougher in late November and December remember.... oh wait you weren't born yet. :D I couldn't help it.:p

I know things about this team that aren't seen by the average fan, especially from Celina. Bring it on. In 1998, when Sville ran this system, with less weapons, they whipped the crap out of everybody. Was one of the greatest Texas high school offenses, numbers wise. No team gave them a game. Not even in Nov and Dec. Oh wait a minute, Brownwood beat them. LOL But, that Brownwood team was a beast as well.

OldBison75
10-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Above average fan, above average ego, above average smack---still high school football with a ball that bounces funny and one big injury can change everything.

The last person that I heard say he saw things others could not see was committed to a mental hospital to play with his imaginary friends.

Good luck Rocket and good luck Brownwood, hope that you can keep all the pieces healthy and not have that one week when things just don't go right. Happens to someone every year.

Rocket
10-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Above average fan, above average ego, above average smack---still high school football with a ball that bounces funny and one big injury can change everything.

The last person that I heard say he saw things others could not see was committed to a mental hospital to play with his imaginary friends.

Good luck Rocket and good luck Brownwood, hope that you can keep all the pieces healthy and not have that one week when things just don't go right. Happens to someone every year.

It's funny how all you people say that. That's all that comes out of your mouths. "anything can happen". Well no freakin' duh. That is why they play the games. It has to be earned and completed and finished. Every down, every quarter, every game. Here is the deal, Brownwood should win it all, will they? Join me and watch and see. LOL Lighten up.

OldBison75
10-02-2010, 06:04 PM
It is the outlandish statements like, I (capital I) see things the average fan does not see. You are a fan like many, many others on this board and many on this board have been coaches. What makes you think you can see more about a football team than anyone else?

I don't mind a little smack, or even the piles of it you throw out each week, it is usually pretty entertaining. BUT, you are not the all seeing and all powerful OZ. More like the tin man in that show, you can flap your arms and squeak alot without ever really making a difference.

bobcat1
10-02-2010, 08:25 PM
It is the outlandish statements like, I (capital I) see things the average fan does not see. You are a fan like many, many others on this board and many on this board have been coaches. What makes you think you can see more about a football team than anyone else?

I don't mind a little smack, or even the piles of it you throw out each week, it is usually pretty entertaining. BUT, you are not the all seeing and all powerful OZ. More like the tin man in that show, you can flap your arms and squeak alot without ever really making a difference. You sure he isn't the, (dare I say it), Lion? What was it he lacked? Oh yeah......

Rocket
10-02-2010, 09:03 PM

I don't mind a little smack, or even the piles of it you throw out each week, it is usually pretty entertaining. BUT, you are not the all seeing and all powerful OZ. More like the tin man in that show, you can flap your arms and squeak alot without ever really making a difference.

Haha we shall see... I'll explain when it's all over. The what, when, why...

bobcat1
10-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Haha we shall see... I'll explain when it's all over. The what, when, why... No, you will be gone till next year saying how 2011 is the year of the Lions!:D ;)

eagleqb_14
10-02-2010, 09:47 PM
i am getting tired of this thread